Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,319 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? (1173 Views)

3 Important Threads That Didn't Make Front Page Today / These Comment Get Me Cracking Up In Nnamdi Kanu Page On Facebook / I Know This Story Wll Not Make Front Page.thanks To That Pdp Dude From Okirika. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by PMIcon(m): 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
Have you ever made a thread you considered very important, maybe probably even got recommendations for front page (FP) from people who read the thread, yet it didn't make it to front page?

I know how frustrating that could be especially when you know you are not making money from the thread unlike the big boss and the staff of NL. Your only compensation is to have your thread read by as many people as possible and get some feedback too.
Making it to FP is a major way I know to get your thread read by many on Nairaland but why do some threads make it there and why don't yours do so?

Well, remember that this is not from NL, it purely represents my own views. NL moderators and supermods know why they make some get a front page while others don't.

WHY THREADS DON'T MAKE IT TO FRONT PAGE

There may be two reasons

1. Because the front page can't contain every thread
2. This is the one I don't know, maybe you can help

WHY POSTS MAY MAKE FRONT PAGE ON NL

NOT THESE

* Popular Threads
I thought it was the most popular threads like those with several thousands of views but checking the views of some FP threads proved me wrong.

* Important Topics

That your thread topic is important doesn't mean you will get the FP. Sincerely you could get confused if you got so sure your thread would make it to fp.

PROBABLY THESE

If you want your thread to make it to front page you should just look at the front page,
1. Nigeria-based news
2. Politics
3. Controversies
4. Add yours

But remember that even if you get it right everyone cannot get the front page. Maybe our moderators will tell us the criteria...
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
hmmmm

i don't even understand what you are saying OP.

Btw will this thread make it to FP ?

Only the gods can ans that cheesy
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by dajoaneke(m): 9:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
Is there a monetary gift/reward for FP or FTC? I see old men and grannies drag comment position like Seun will give them a handshake.
@Op, If this post hit FP I will soak my face in gari n upload on my comment lol
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
dah
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by jaey(m): 9:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
U also need to mention mods, supermods and super celebrities on NL in the thread.

Mind you, this is very important. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by PMIcon(m): 9:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
jaey:
U also need to mention mods, supermods and super celebrities on NL in the thread.

Mind you, this is very important. grin
you mean cc: Lalasticlavla, Ishilove etc?
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
kingcity:
hmmmm

i don't even understand what you are saying OP.

Btw will this thread make it to FP ?

Only the gods can ans that cheesy
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
Creativity and common sense is all it takes
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by PMIcon(m): 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Creativity and common sense is all it takes

If that is all then many threads don't qualify yet they made it, others qualify and don't

1 Like

Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by jaey(m): 7:05am On Jul 03, 2015
PMIcon:

you mean cc: Lalasticlavla, Ishilove etc?

You ar so on point. wink

1 Like

Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by PMIcon(m): 12:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
Truth is Nairaland is not just a social platform, for someone you know it is a advert-based business targeted at Nigerians.
So if you want to make it to front page, you need to know what Nigerians like to read.
That's all. Abi?

cc: Lalasticlacla
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by KEVIND: 1:33pm On Jul 03, 2015
News on how former President GEJ and his ministers deplete the Nation's resources and how PMB will jail them.you'll automatically make front page.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by richidinho(m): 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
I think no.1 is, the news must come from a credible source with link provided
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by asumo12: 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
OP u don make FP topics b4?

undecided undecided undecided
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by PMIcon(m): 8:04am On Jul 04, 2015
asumo12:
OP u don make FP topics b4?

undecided undecided undecided

Maybe. I'm not even sure. undecided I've had two over 11,000 views; I don't think that's possible for now without making it there.
Check the topics below: Why Big Pharmacies 'Close Shop' In Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/2357298/why-big-pharmacies-close-shop

Steps to owning a pharmacy in Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/2352771/steps-owning-pharmacy-nigeria
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by PMIcon(m): 8:24am On Jul 04, 2015
One other thing I noticed is that some topics make front page after a long time. I was commenting on one recently (this is 2015) and didn't notice until someone mentioned the date it was posted (I think 2012 or 13)

Another person was surprised to have made FP again and was asking why s/he made FP cheesy
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland? by PMIcon(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2015
One other thing I noticed is that some topics make front page after a long time. I was commenting on one recently (this is 2015) and didn't notice until someone mentioned the date it was posted (I think 2012 or 13)

So maybe I should add evergreen topics to the list but I don't think that alone will do.

Another person was surprised to have made FP again and was asking why s/he made FP cheesy

I think it's fairly okay NL Mods are silent on this anyway. Not knowing makes NL fun a bit(although frustrating to OPs who don't get a lot of views angry ) What do you think?

Anyway I salute the Mod in the Nairaland games section who is acting on recommendations from members for certain posts to reach FP subject to oga at the tops decisions. Check it here: https://www.nairaland.com/1566523/lets-complaints-suggestions

(1) (Reply)

Would You Eat A Big Bucket Of Live Worms For N100million? / Nigeria Question: Who Is Afraid Of Referendum On Nigeria As A Nation / What Is The Purpose Of Buhari's Visit To America.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.