Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina (34103 Views)

Man Killed And Butchered On His First Wedding Anniversary (pics) / Man Stoned And Butchered By Cultists At Ogunshe Estate, Lagos - Graphic Photos / Angel Obrien, IMSU Student Shot And Killed By Cultists Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by mmsen: 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Oseite:

I agree, that currently, the north doesn't really pull its weight in contribution to the national cake, but do you really think breaking up will be the best. The south west is a rainforest region, there is no large deposit of oil, ondo's is not enough, and as I stated earlier. the north has the better arable land. We should just learn to coexist without ethnicity and religious bias, then we will be going somewhere, and of course, resource control should be adopyed, so that every state can be in charge of its resources, and then remit a percentage to the federal govt. It will mean some states will be richer than others, but surely that is the essence of a federation.

Nigeria does not need a complete break up.

Only the far north (north east and the north west) needs to be reformed or excised from the union - the other regions are pretty reasonable.

Afterall, it's in the middle belt where Fulanis are murdering farmers daily.

1 Like

Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Oseite: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
mmsen:

Only the far north (north east and the north west) needs to be reformed or excised from the union - the other regions are pretty reasonable.

Reformation, I agree with, not excision
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by mmsen: 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
Oseite:

Reformation, I agree with, not excision

Why do you not agree with excision?

Should it not at least be used as a means of coercing better behavior from the local and state governments in those areas?
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Bowaley17(m): 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
OMG...
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
Oseite:

I agree, that currently, the north doesn't really pull its weight in contribution to the national cake, but do you really think breaking up will be the best. The south west is a rainforest region, there is no large deposit of oil, ondo's is not enough, and as I stated earlier. the north has the better arable land. We should just learn to coexist without ethnicity and religious bias, then we will be going somewhere, and of course, resource control should be adopyed, so that every state can be in charge of its resources, and then remit a percentage to the federal govt. It will mean some states will be richer than others, but surely that is the essence of a federation.

Sentiments. That is the problem with Nigerians. How can you make a case for continued existence with people of completely different thinking?

North has no business whatsoever with South. They are better off separate.

The Northerners are leeches.

1 Like

Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
mmsen:

With people like you, there is hope. Good thinking.
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by gragraboy: 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
Princewill1:
Another reason why we need Biafra.

So when we agitate for Biafra,no Baboon should vomit trash!!
Go and form the biafra now let us see....can you tell me that there are no people from other tribes who go through the same or even worse in same state or other states. Biafra my behind.
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
he is popularly known as "danbaki" meaning the black one because of his extreme dark skin tone. he hardly associates with his kinsmen, but more with Hausa people, I wonder wat he really did to warrant such inhumane treatment. My people have this problem of losing their identity wherever they are, am Igbo myself but did is......RIP to the dead
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by maum: 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
gbengus17:
MANY IBOs HAVE BEEN KILLED IN THE NORTH, YET THEY STILL REMAIN----===== THEN NO PITY===THEY WENT THERE TO BE KILLED, FULL STOP

Really easy to say.

A few days ago when the news of the relocation of some Boko prisoners to the east broke out and some Igbos demanded them to be taken back to the north, I recall that quite a number of very smart, patriotic Nigerians reminded us about one Nigeria. Told us that Nigeria is for us all.

Now, some of those persons are coming out to tell us that those Igbos shouldn't have been in the north in the first place unless they want to be killed.

You see, you can find a thousand and one reasons to justify a cause you are for. And arguments plus reasons to support them will not be far from you at that point.

Which way Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by kendrick9(m): 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
omenka:
Wow this is a reason because someone from a different ethnic group killed a "biafran" huh?? Don't "biafrans" kill "biafrans"

You guys make the agitation look silly when you paint it in such colours.

May God Almighty rest the souls of the departed, amen. Horrible incident indeed.
1diot..
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Oseite: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
4Horsemen:

Sentiments. That is the problem with Nigerians. How can you make a case for continued existence with people of completely different thinking?

North has no business whatsoever with South. They are better off separate.

The Northerners are leeches.

You are generalizing. I know Northerners who think the same way I do. I also know people who are supposed relatives but their ideologies stink. Education is the problem. BTW, do you know how many southerners owe their livelihood to Dangote, a northerners. Currently, he is building a refinery in the south, not the North, when it is complete and even now when under construction, who are the immediate beneficiaries? Meanwhile some southern politicians bought or built refineries outside the country. I won't name names...
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Oseite: 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
mmsen:

Why do you not agree with excision?

Should it not at least be used as a means of coercing better behavior from the local and state governments in those areas?
Imagine if someone like Dangote was not a Nigerian, imagine how many people who he has helped to become stable won't have benefited. Remember he is from the far north...
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Princewill1(m): 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
gragraboy:

Go and form the biafra now let us see....can you tell me that there are no people from other tribes who go through the same or even worse in same state or other states. Biafra my behind.
A typical BABOON mentality!!

So mad fulani herds men are roaming about sucking innocent blood on a daily basis which have increased since their brother became the president,and the only solution you can profer is for me to accept it because other tribes are also victim of the killings.

And you expect ur useless country to develop very soon?? You must be dreaming.

ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT!!
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Davidegede: 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
under GEJ no petrol tanker ran in2 a motor park in a very busy igbo town like onitsha, only 2 explode mins later, military road blocks cheked d bokoharam ppl. but now GEJ has left, buhari is here now & his brother ve started killing igbos again. dis is d same thing that started Biafra war; wen an igbo is killed in d north, d hausa led govt wont do anytin, so wen d igbos begin 2 react,they ll say the igbos shuldnt ve done dis or dat.

.....northern agenda loading again o

2 Likes

Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by mmsen: 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
Oseite:

Imagine if someone like Dangote was not a Nigerian, imagine how many people who he has helped to become stable won't have benefited. Remember he is from the far north...

Remember how he got his start, he was born into a family that has made money from the slavery of the majority northern population.

It was his uncle that gave him an import license which he sold, it was his uncle who gave him $500,000 to start his business ventures.

He went from selling import licenses to selling other government owned/restricted commodities - such as rice, fish, wheat and cement. I would understand and respect him as an industrialist if he was creating these industries in Nigeria, the truth is he has not.

It was only after he was able to use his political connections to push other traders out of business that he acquired so much wealth that he began to seriously invest in production of cement.

Dangote's presence does not wipe out the millions of poor northerners who have no hope of pushing forward because they have been denied the right to a worthwhile education because of the religion/culture of the society that they are born into. Dangote's presence does not excise the problem of child marriage, VVF and the general abuse of girls in the worst parts of Nigeria.

Also, lets not forget the Ebola scare where it took a foreigner (Bill Gates) to invest in protective measures in Nigeria before he got it into his head to pledge some money to screening potential Ebola victims. Why did he not realise that he has a responsibility to protect his work force, homeland and market?
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by T3Amo(f): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
What is wrong with fulanis? In every country they go they are causing trouble and are very disliked. Bunch of Barbarians
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by kenoz(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Those Fulanis are just too callous.
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Mbediogu(m): 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
ogochukwu247:
On June 29, 2015 an Igbo business man, Chijoke Ngwu Ogbodo, a native of Nkanu LGA, Enugu State was gruesomely murdered along with his wife in Katsina by gunmen suspected to be Fulani herds men.

The couple were killed in the presence of their children.

Sources report that the assassins clubbed the couple and butchered them with a machete before shooting them at point blank.

The Igbo community in Katsina have been thrown into deep mourning and fear as a result of the killings. The killing of Ngwo Ogbodo and wife appears one in a series of targeted attacks on the Igbo population in living Katsina.

The bodies of the couple have been removed from their home located along the Katsina Bypass and deposited at the katsina mortuary. Mr Ogbodo is the manufacturer of the popular Sir Benjik Pure Water.

Leaders within the Igbo community have express little confidence in the police ability to fish out the killers. Previous attacks and premeditated killings of the Igbo have gone resolved.

SOURCE
http://www.reportnaija.com/2015/07/igbo-businessman-wife-shot-and.html

cc lalasticlala

Ndigbo kedu ife unu kaneme na ugwu Hausa? Okuko nti ike nanu ife nime ite ofe egusi. Biko nu o.
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
speener:
Where are you from? Which country has more barbarians more than naija?
See question
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by bajosky: 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
were are the civil societies that championed #bringbackourgirls

its time they start a new one against #fulaniherdsmenevilmurdering

Pmb all these things are happening under your watch and you are busy appointing your kinsmen and travelling around.

#There Is God Ooo
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Oseite: 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2015
How he got his start is not the issue in question. And I do not deny that he could and should have done more for Nigerians, not just fellow northerners. The fact remains that there are a significant amount of southerners who have benefited from him. And if the refinery is completed, more southerners will benefit as it is in the south. Even now as it is under construction, majority of the workers there are from the south.
mmsen:

Remember how he got his start, he was born into a family that has made money from the slavery of the majority northern population.

It was his uncle that gave him an import license which he sold, it was his uncle who gave him $500,000 to start his business ventures.

He went from selling import licenses to selling other government owned/restricted commodities - such as rice, fish, wheat and cement. I would understand and respect him as an industrialist if he was creating these industries in Nigeria, the truth is he has not.

It was only after he was able to use his political connections to push other traders out of business that he acquired so much wealth that he began to seriously invest in production of cement.

Dangote's presence does not wipe out the millions of poor northerners who have no hope of pushing forward because they have been denied the right to a worthwhile education because of the religion/culture of the society that they are born into. Dangote's presence does not excise the problem of child marriage, VVF and the general abuse of girls in the worst parts of Nigeria.

Also, lets not forget the Ebola scare where it took a foreigner (Bill Gates) to invest in protective measures in Nigeria before he got it into his head to pledge some money to screening potential Ebola victims. Why did he not realise that he has a responsibility to protect his work force and market?
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by bubugal(m): 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
Wen will dis killing end?
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by caprini1: 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
The whole world is just in a big mess
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by mmsen: 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
Oseite:
How he got his start is not the issue in question. And I do not deny that he could and should have done more for Nigerians, not just fellow northerners. The fact remains that there are a significant amount of southerners who have benefited from him. And if the refinery is completed, more southerners will benefit as it is in the south. Even now as it is under construction, majority of the workers there are from the south.

Do you honestly believe that one Dangote who, if we're being honest, has done nothing besides import goods that could and should be produced in Nigeria, wipes out the economic, political and social retardation that Nigeria has suffered as a result of the likes of Abacha, Babangida and before them fools such as Ahmadu Bello?

There is nothing unique about Dangote, he is the man for the hour but there are others who would have done just as well with the same opportunities and many others who would have done better with similar opportunities to influence government.

Can you not see that if Nigeria were an open market for the most productive Nigerians, and not just those close to the Federal government, then the country would prosper?

Why do you think we still have a unitary method of dividing revenue? Who benefits from such a silly formula? Why do unproductive Nigerian states steal from productive states by way of 'federal allocation'? Do Dangote's actions wipe away the deficit caused by such policies?
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Bibidear(f): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
Candyrain:
Not just orphans dear but a future Northern terrorist if not properly checked. The image of the gruesome murder of their parents will be forever embedded in their mind.
hmmm,true
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
it's a wicked world u know

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by tonychristopher: 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
Mbediogu:

Ndigbo kedu ife unu kaneme na ugwu Hausa? Okuko nti ike nanu ife nime ite ofe egusi. Biko nu o.

ike gwuru
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Oseite: 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
I repeat, the only thing that matters now is that Sanford is one of the largest employers of labour in Nigeria. Do you think a gainfully employed employee of his cares what else he has done that might be wrong? If the refinery were to be completed, and the ripple effect is lower fuel prices and stable electricity, how many people will care how he got his money in the first place. If he was to pack up and go, many Nigerians will lose, including southerners.
mmsen:

Do you honestly believe that one Dangote who, if we're being honest, has done nothing besides import wipes out the economic, political and social retardation that Nigeria has suffered as a result of the likes of Abacha, Babangida and before them fools such as Ahmadu Bello?

There is nothing unique about Dangote, he is the man for the hour but there are others who would have done just as well with the same opportunities and many others who would have done better with similar opportunities to influence government.

Can you not see that if Nigeria were an open market for the most productive Nigerians, and not just those close to the Federal government, then the country would prosper?

Why do you think we still have a unitary method of dividing revenue? Who benefits from such a silly formula? Why do unproductive Nigerian states steal from productive states by way of 'federal allocation'? Do Dangote's actions wipe away the deficit caused by such policies?
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by omarhlichanwa: 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
May God av mercy.
ogochukwu247:
On June 29, 2015 an Igbo business man, Chijoke Ngwu Ogbodo, a native of Nkanu LGA, Enugu State was gruesomely murdered along with his wife in Katsina by gunmen suspected to be Fulani herds men.

The couple were killed in the presence of their children.

Sources report that the assassins clubbed the couple and butchered them with a machete before shooting them at point blank.

The Igbo community in Katsina have been thrown into deep mourning and fear as a result of the killings. The killing of Ngwo Ogbodo and wife appears one in a series of targeted attacks on the Igbo population in living Katsina.

The bodies of the couple have been removed from their home located along the Katsina Bypass and deposited at the katsina mortuary. Mr Ogbodo is the manufacturer of the popular Sir Benjik Pure Water.

Leaders within the Igbo community have express little confidence in the police ability to fish out the killers. Previous attacks and premeditated killings of the Igbo have gone resolved.

SOURCE
http://www.reportnaija.com/2015/07/igbo-businessman-wife-shot-and.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by BLOTRS: 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
payback by 12 midnight...not our fault, we just have to retaliate...don't judge us cos we won't feel a thing when we do it....good thing is that the press won't help them carry the news.
Re: Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina by Mbediogu(m): 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
tonychristopher:

ike gwuru
Nwanna u are my witness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Robbers Break Into A House In Delta, Break Gateman's Head With Axe(Graphic Pics) / How Indians Evade Customs Duty, Abuse Fast Track System / Woman Cuts Hubby’s Genitals During Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.