Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen (8749 Views)

Are Nigerians The Smartest People...? [read What The World Thinks About Us] / Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria / Governor Udom Emmanuel Builds House Just 4 Months In Govt - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by Ikengawo: 4:18am On Jul 03, 2015
Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen
Adams Odunayo, 1 week ago

Few days ago, the internet picked up some steam about a young man who is partly Nigerian and partly Chinese, Chen Wang Emmanuel.

Chen Wang Emmanuel prides himself as being an Igbo man and he thinks because his dad is a Chinese and his mum is an Igbo woman, he has got the greatest combination of genes in the whole world.

READ ALSO: 4 Reasons You Should Marry An Igbo Lady

“My name is Chen Emmanuel, I’m half Chinese and half Nigerian. Dad is the Chinese, mom is Igbo. I think there are very few of us in the world maybe less than 20. I think Nigerian blood made I and my siblings way finer and different from the normal Chinese. We are way taller than the average short Chinese race. We look quite more appealing (I think) Better Hair…I think moms blood is strong We don’t have the “sleepy eye’ thing and some other private things…lol, ” he told Linda Ikeji.

Chen’s family
Emmanuel Chen is a 20 year old undergraduate of Civil Engineering at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Emmanuel’s parents met in Abia state about 20 years ago, where his mum used to be a secretary, they got married and still live happily today. Emmanuel’s Igbo name is Chinerorom but when he is in China, he uses Wang Chen. He is known as Emmanuel Chinero in his school.

Chen dad and sibling
Ynaija spoke with him and here are some of the things the handsome Chines-Nigerian had to say:

Why he loves being Igbo:

First, my mom is Igbo. Two, Igbo people to me are the smartest in the world. They can maneuver and blend anywhere in the world. I grew up here, so that makes me more fluent in Igbo.

Growing up:

So many memories I can’t recount. God has been faithful. I blend in both worlds. With the Igbo community and the Chinese too. Either ways I’m more familiar with the Igbos. I hear Igbo really well. Chinese a little. Growing up wasn’t that easy because I did not look like the normal Igbo kid.

I had people who loved it and others who ‘yabbed’ it. Back then, I could not head to the market because there will always be people shouting everywhere, calling me ‘oyibo oyibo’. It was fun sometimes though. Sometimes, I have to speak Igbo to blend or change their minds, other times I just bow down my head and keep walking.

For instance, the times when some traders try to cheat me in the market thinking I am a foreigner not knowing I have been there for a long time. Even in School, I faced the same thing but now I am used to it, it is very much fun.

Chen and friend
Hobbies:

He loves music and is currently working on a Gospel Album that will feature Gospel singer, Nathaniel Bassey.

“I started singing in secondary school after I was forced to lead praise one day because the worship leader was absent. I led truly and people were moved in a way I had never seen, even all my teachers were commending me and since then music was it for me. I love gospel music a lot and most inspiration comes from Donnie Mcclurkin. Nathaniel Bassey and Micah Stampley. I love swimming and intellectual games, I love meeting people. I hate being proud though some people feel I am. I love meeting new people a lot..especially singers and artists too”

His upcoming album:

I am not releasing the album to make profit. I will produce the songs for free. Some of my songs are danceable, especially the Igbo ones. I have also some worship song and solo works in the album.

Favorite meal:

My favorite meal would be Egusi soup and Eba

Similarity between Igbos and Chinese:

Well, both of them are very wise sets of people. Very committed to whatever they do. They know how to cooperate very well, they are money focused. I once heard of a Chinese man who had hotels but still drove a taxi to make more money. They uphold their traditions and festivals too.

READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/470686-igbos-are-the-world-smartest-people-emmanuel-chen.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by hyfr(m): 4:22am On Jul 03, 2015
The emmanuel chen being referred to, did he attend living word academy secondary? There's this emmanuel chen that passed through my school, I liked the guy but his younger brother precious chen wicked me die, the guy use kung fu finish me.

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by SFSNIPER(m): 4:58am On Jul 03, 2015
Ok we read.
Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by Nobody: 5:00am On Jul 03, 2015
Nonsense from a nonsense man

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by Emekamex(m): 5:00am On Jul 03, 2015
Word
Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by IlekeHD: 5:07am On Jul 03, 2015
You're hoping to increase post count to make it show up on Google.
Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 03, 2015
I guess op meant "NIGERIANS"

my.notjustok.com/track/22684/
Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by donholy28(m): 5:55am On Jul 03, 2015
If u didn't know...know it now…Igbo kwenu!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 03, 2015
smiley
Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 03, 2015
The world knows this even highly placed governments...

"Igbos are wandering Jews of West Africa - gifted, aggressive, westernized, and at best, envied and resented, but mostly despised by their neighbors in the Federation---" (a White House Memo on Biafra January 28, 1969 to President Nixon by Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger) (Source : U.S Foreign Relations Documents Volume 5 , 1969)

Dr. Thomas Sowell, renowned American philosopher in one of his books recognized four highly gifted peoples across the world: The Jews, Germans, Chinese and Igbos.

Give them Biafra and watch them build a civilization never seen before in a black nation.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by Udmaster(m): 6:07am On Jul 03, 2015
Wow. Just look at how the Boy is proud of his IGBO ancestry.. Choi. Igbo Amaka.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by basty: 6:16am On Jul 03, 2015
I was.thinking the guy said "worst smartest things"
Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by FreeGlobe(f): 6:18am On Jul 03, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Nonsense from a nonsense man
yorubas are the world's smartest people. are you happy now? Dont hate!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by kubba: 6:21am On Jul 03, 2015
I always wanted to see a chinese-nigerian!
Tho I wish they were dark
Rare breed cool

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by softvio(m): 6:25am On Jul 03, 2015
Am here tu reap camments
Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by olalekan9320(m): 6:48am On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by mrvitalis(m): 6:59am On Jul 03, 2015
Woo am happy for chen sha. .. ... Just a normal boy I know in unn. .. .. Just went for I. T and boom he is now a celebrity ... .. Am happy for you sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 03, 2015
FreeGlobe:

yorubas are the world's smartest people. are you happy now? Dont hate!
true talk, they are very small grin. Id.iot, you think I'm Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by fulanimafia: 7:20am On Jul 03, 2015
Smart yet they got scammed by clueless Jonathan repeatedly...

1. 2nd Niger Bridge

2. Ibaka Port

3. Onitsha Seaport

4. Dredging River Niger

5. Boko Haram Prisoners Transfer to Anambra shocked shocked

Smart yet they swallow all the rubbish from Nnamdi Kanu without applying common sense....

Smart yet they've been unable to rule their own country...

Smart yet the North has turned them to Akpan's in Nigeria..

So smart they are in the 3rd world, yet they believe someone in the developed world that said they are the smartest grin

Smart indeed.

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:24am On Jul 03, 2015
They mis-used their smartness to become second class citizens in their country. Where is the smartness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by Flets: 7:25am On Jul 03, 2015
Any widely travelled person must have to agree that there is something innovative and smart about the ibo race. Despite being relatively louders, they tend to thrive on criticism

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by asadike(f): 7:54am On Jul 03, 2015
thks dear, even buhari knows that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by kettykin: 7:54am On Jul 03, 2015
AbuMaryam1:
They mis-used their smartness to become second class citizens in their country. Where is the smartness.

With your dullness are you a first class citizen of Nigeria or are you on the fringes struggling how you can become more nigerian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by omenalfa: 7:57am On Jul 03, 2015
AbuMaryam1:

Almajiri

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by OduaVanguard: 7:58am On Jul 03, 2015
a young man who is partly Nigerian and partly Chinese, Chen Wang Emmanuel.

Who the funk is he? ? And why should we care about what he has to say? ?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 03, 2015
Where are the Yoruba and gambari haters

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by AbuMaryam1(m): 8:02am On Jul 03, 2015
omenalfa:

Almajiri
Good morning Sir!
Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by AbuMaryam1(m): 8:04am On Jul 03, 2015
kettykin:

With your dullness [i]are you a first class citizen of Nigeria [/i]or are you on the fringes struggling how you can become more nigerian
Keep asking yourself.
Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by kettykin: 8:05am On Jul 03, 2015
What I found out though is that if you take the intelligent quotient across nigerian states and take an average then you would have the highest national average in the south eastern part of the country.

This reflects in the large number of graduates, PhD, post graduate, jamb takers and common entrance takers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by kettykin: 8:10am On Jul 03, 2015
AbuMaryam1:

Keep asking yourself.

For the benefit of the doubt, even though your region has produced the most rulers in nigeria but statistics from common entrance, jamb ,federal common entrance show you how trail more than 100 years behind the igbo race.

If the 2 group find themselves in different countries. Igbo literally would be said to be first world country while low literacy, low standard of living, high poverty rate would confine you to third world country

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by Udmaster(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2015
AbuMaryam1:
look at an aboki woman talking. Go and sit down jor.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The World Smartest People - Emmanuel Chen by AbuMaryam1(m): 8:23am On Jul 03, 2015
kettykin:

For the benefit of the doubt, even though your region has produced the most rulers in nigeria but statistics from common entrance, jamb ,federal common entrance show you how trail more than 100 years behind the igbo race.

If the 2 group find themselves in different countries. Igbo literally would be said to be first world country while low literacy, low standard of living, high poverty rate would confine you to third world country

You lack cogent reasoning, you are guided by illusions. Our region is lagging behind but yet you can't stay in your region you have to come down in the mix of almajiris for survival. I pity your life.
Which different country are you talking? Which country in the whole world didn't know Igbo race are the first class criminals from Nigeria? Could you belief people from other world are differentiating Nigerians, they knew who are Igbos. Stop insulting yourself. Repent, otherwise you remain second class citizen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW / Absence Of Auditor- General May Stall Government’s Bid To Borrow $29.96b / Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.