Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians (1160 Views)

Kaka Shehu Lawan Sharing Money To Politicians (Photos) / Arase Reduces Number Of Policemen Attached To Governors From 150 To 62 / Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by lolaxavier(m): 6:19am On Jul 03, 2015
THE Rivers State Police Commissioner, Mr. Chris Ezike, on Thursday ordered the immediate withdrawal of policemen attached to politicians and other individuals.

Ezike specifically warned policemen attached to politicians without any authorisation from the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, to shun such deployment.

He expressed the need for officers and men of the Rivers State Command to remain neutral, maintaining that any policeman interested in partisan politics should resign from the Force and register with any political party.

Ezike, who was posted to the Rivers State Police Command last week, spoke during his inaugural meeting with senior officers, area commanders, divisional police officers and heads of department at the Officers’ Mess Port Harcourt.

He promised to partner relevant stakeholders to ensure the state was safer, more secure and prosperous.

“We shall with immediate effect review our personnel deployment profile and recover wastage and unauthorised deployments. Accordingly, all Squadron Commanders are directed to withdraw PMF personnel deployed to persons not entitled and without approval from the Inspector-General of Police.

“Similarly all Area Commanders, Heads of Department and DPOs are directed to also withdraw their personnel so deployed. A monitoring task force shall soon commence action to ensure compliance.

“The 2015 elections have come and gone. However the aftershocks still remain. The Police under my watch must remain neutral, professional, fair, but very firm. Any policeman or woman who has political interest or is so committed to the ideals of any political party is advised to resign his or her commission to enable him/her to register as a political party member.

“All officers and men are to ensure that their actions and conduct remain within the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution, Police Acts and Regulations and other extant legislation,” Ezike said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/rivers-cp-orders-withdrawal-of-policemen-attached-to-politicians-2/

Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by lokito: 6:20am On Jul 03, 2015
Good step. At least now I can confidently tell my Neighbour 'waka' without intrusion. Imagine my fellow man has two Policemen as sentinels

1 Like

Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by seedgreen(m): 6:22am On Jul 03, 2015
Following
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 03, 2015
Aii
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by tyson99(m): 6:27am On Jul 03, 2015
gehn gehn
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by oyindare(m): 6:29am On Jul 03, 2015
Just in case
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by generaliy07(m): 6:37am On Jul 03, 2015
Better
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by Bugatie(m): 6:40am On Jul 03, 2015
Much as I support this move, the hypocritical folks from APC would ve cried witch hunt if it was done during Amaechi's administration.
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by softvio(m): 6:46am On Jul 03, 2015
I was here
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by hayzed2: 6:47am On Jul 03, 2015
generaliy07:
Better

Explain further
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by mrvitalis(m): 6:54am On Jul 03, 2015
Is this the apc version of Mbu ?
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by socialmediaman: 6:57am On Jul 03, 2015
Bugatie:
Much as I support this move, the hypocritical folks from APC would ve cried witch hunt if it was done during Amaechi's administration.

I don't think so, these are part of the things people needed to see from GEJ's government. Did you observe how people rejoiced and sympathized with GEJ when he did a similar thing after losing election? They felt his guts came back when he lost. Nigerians need action. You can call this witch hunt if it had affected the governor, though personally I feel the police should not be guarding elected governors and state and federal officers, SSS should be doing that with one or two non-uniform officers attached to coordinate security. Police should primarily focus on law enforcement
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by CzarRex: 7:10am On Jul 03, 2015
Brb
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by funlord(m): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2015
grin Native doctors 4 rivers state go happy! This development is good 4 dia business!
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:06am On Jul 03, 2015
At least, let Wike Feel the Heat a bit!

Good CP!
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by Dresden: 8:32am On Jul 03, 2015
mrvitalis:
Is this the apc version of Mbu ?
my uncle aint d apc version of mbu bt he is here to demonstrate wat he believe in A̷̷̴̐͠§ a force man,congrats to him for heading police formation in rivers cus river state bring appointment like DIG nd AIG,I wish him a smooth stay dt will gurantee him more political appointment.ONWA
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by lolaxavier(m): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Good CP!

Agree...what a strong move...
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by Dresden: 8:39am On Jul 03, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Good CP!
wike aint gona feel any heat unless he deviate frm governing well..#say to no corruption
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 03, 2015
Dresden:
my uncle aint d apc version of mbu bt he is here to demonstrate wat he believe in A̷̷̴̐͠§ a force man,congrats to him for heading police formation in rivers cus river state bring appointment like DIG nd AIG,I wish him a smooth stay dt will gurantee him more political appointment.ONWA
ur uncle?
Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by lolaxavier(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2015
Dresden:

Re: Rivers CP Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Politicians by Dresden: 9:43am On Jul 03, 2015
soe:
ur uncle?
yea he is.#no dulling

(1) (Reply)

Pastor FEMI EMMMANUEL On President Buhari Attitude To The NAS/APC Crises / To All The Igbos Who Want Biafra... / On-Going Road Repairs By Rcc At Akpajo In Rivers State..WIKE Is Working (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.