Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

The Best Custom Robots.txt & Sitemap Code For Bloggers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Best Custom Robots.txt & Sitemap Code For Bloggers (2314 Views)

How To Setup Custom Robots To Improve Your Blogger Blog For Seo / How To Add A Custom Robots.txt File In Blogger Blog / A Thread For Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Custom Robots.txt & Sitemap Code For Bloggers by Catalyst007(m): 6:57am On Jul 03, 2015
Having a functional Custom Robots.txt file and submitting your Sitemap to google is one of the most important things every blogger should do if they want their site to be indexed in real time. With each post you publish, the Sitemap code I’m about to hand to you will ensure your first 500 posts are indexed very fast by Google bots (spiders). The custom robots.txt file and sitemap starts now:

User-agent: Mediapartners-Google
Disallow:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /search
Allow: /
Sitemap: http://yourblog..com/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500

NOTE: Replace the “yourblog” with your own domain name. For example,

http://top-epaymentsystems..com/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500

NEXT STEP: Even though your Custom Robots.txt file has your sitemap in it, you have to directly submit it to Google or Bing/Yahoo via their Webmasters Tools. This is to inform their spiders you now have a Sitemap and for the bots to immediately start indexing your Site.
When you enter your Google Webmasters Tool account (same as your normal Google account), on the Left column, click “Crawl”, then click “Sitemap”.
The only code you should enter in the box there is:

atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500

Shoutout to @Whizzcute....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Custom Robots.txt & Sitemap Code For Bloggers by Whizzcute(m): 7:29am On Jul 03, 2015
Yes , i did mine yesterday after veryfing my google webmaster tools account.

It's really effective
Re: The Best Custom Robots.txt & Sitemap Code For Bloggers by Catalyst007(m): 8:31am On Jul 03, 2015
@Whizzcute. It's really effective. Thanks for your comment...
Re: The Best Custom Robots.txt & Sitemap Code For Bloggers by Whizzcute(m): 8:55am On Jul 03, 2015
Catalyst007:
@Whizzcute. It's really effective. Thanks for your comment...

yea bro

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Foreign Hosting / Big Companies Using Joomla For Their Websites / Can Really Get In To My Facebook Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.