Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,995 members, 7,856,028 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

Awkward: Judge Recognizes Defendent From Middle School!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awkward: Judge Recognizes Defendent From Middle School!! (788 Views)

Buhari Received His Classmates Of 1953 Set Of Katsina Middle School (Photos) / Katsina Middle School Classmates Of Buhari Visit Him / Suspect Breaks Down In Court When Judge Recognizes Him As A Former Classmate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awkward: Judge Recognizes Defendent From Middle School!! by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 03, 2015
An impromptu middle school reunion in Miami-Dade bond court led to tears today after Judge Mindy Glazer recognized that Arthur Booth, the man charged with burglary before her, was her former classmate at Nautilus Middle School in Miami Beach.

Booth, 49, was arrested on Monday by Hialeah police. The suspect was spotted driving a gold Honda that matched the description of a vehicle believed to have been involved in a robbery, according to NBC Miami. An officer tried to stop the car, but Booth took off, leading to a police chase. Booth didn't obey stop signs and got into two accidents before eventually crashing the car. He tried to continue fleeing on foot but was eventually caught.

He was arrested and charged with various counts of burglary, grand theft, reckless driving, leaving the scene of a crash, fleeing from an officer, criminal mischief, and resisting arrest without violence.

Booth was taken to bond court on Monday and Glazer was behind the bench.

"Did you go to Nautilus?" Glazer asked.

"Oh my goodness," replied Booth multiple times at first with smiles and then with tears.

It turns out that decades ago the pair had been classmates at Nautilus Middle School.
"I'm sorry to see you here," replied Glazer. "I always wondered what happened to you."

"This was the nicest kid in middle school; he was the best kid in middle school," Glazer continued. "I used to play football with him, all the kids, and look what has happened."

"What's sad is how old we've become. Good luck to you, sir, I hope you are able to come out of this OK and just lead a lawful life."

Glazer, however, set Booth's bond at $43,000, and he has yet to post it.

Booth has at least one previous arrest for theft in Miami-Dade back in 2010. The actual case has been assigned to a different judge.

watch video below

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5be_1435872145
Re: Awkward: Judge Recognizes Defendent From Middle School!! by glimpse33(m): 7:13am On Jul 03, 2015
That's interesting
Re: Awkward: Judge Recognizes Defendent From Middle School!! by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 03, 2015
That's life. Turns the best of us into monsters.
Re: Awkward: Judge Recognizes Defendent From Middle School!! by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 03, 2015
Two different paths in life right there.

This should be played for high school kids.
Re: Awkward: Judge Recognizes Defendent From Middle School!! by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 03, 2015
Serious issue.

Watch the friends u keep, friends corrupt
Re: Awkward: Judge Recognizes Defendent From Middle School!! by TRUTHTOPOWER: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2015
This is pretty sobering! May God help us to lead our kids to the path of honour and greatness.
Re: Awkward: Judge Recognizes Defendent From Middle School!! by Feranchek(m): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2015
If na for naija, belive me, sentiments will play out and the judge will be unjust cos of old time sake. Lubbish
Re: Awkward: Judge Recognizes Defendent From Middle School!! by vicadex07(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2015
I feel like crying for the guy...

If na Nigeria here, dem go talk say na "Aye" chop him destiny because they size am say e go sweet gan grin
Re: Awkward: Judge Recognizes Defendent From Middle School!! by hedonistic: 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
Ije uwa. Classmates. One went on to become a judge, the other went down to become a petty thief.

(1) (Reply)

Pres. Buhari Turns Down NSA's Resignation Letter. / How To Know Whether You Are Eligible For The N5000 To Be Shared By Buhari / Imo Govt Demolishing "Illegal" Structure (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.