Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) (29014 Views)

Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota / Lagos Officials Clear Blocked Drainage To Control Flooding In Lekki (pics) / Man Swims On Lekki Road As Flood Takes Over Lagos Island (Watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by myproperty(m): 8:55am On Jul 03, 2015
oyindare:
bros just answer the question now undecided

You need an Idea about it? Check this Melbourne drainage system it would really help you http://www.melbournewater.com.au/whatwedo/manageflooding/Pages/Drainage-system.aspx
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by Brugo(m): 8:57am On Jul 03, 2015
Akpabio was celebrated as an excellent governor.... then the rains came and...
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by PROPHETmichael: 8:59am On Jul 03, 2015
maimalari:

Oron road is equally a no go area for students and teachers due to flood.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/schools-suspend-classes-as-flood-ravages-uyo/

Then there is need for the government of Udom Emmanuel to provide an uncommon canoe because it is now clear that the state was short changed by Akpabio.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by oyindare(m): 9:00am On Jul 03, 2015
myproperty:

You need an Idea about it? Check this Melbourne drainage system it would really help you http://www.melbournewater.com.au/whatwedo/manageflooding/Pages/Drainage-system.aspx
guy I don't need any website to know or talk about drainage ok...I studied urban and regional planning undecided
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by ITbomb(m): 9:01am On Jul 03, 2015
free2ryhme:

Did you ask the governor what happened to the project?
We asked the governor (in a group though) and I'm sure you must have heard the funny reply he gave then, he named the mini river after himself, "Inyang Akpabio"
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by flames007(m): 9:02am On Jul 03, 2015
themosthigh:
[size=18pt]No amount of drainage can solve this problem....let them pray to Our Lady of Salambao the patron saint of fishermen to speak to the mermaids to stop this havoc...they should also pour pure olive oil mixed with salamander bones on the sea every month to prevent and apease the demons of the sea,those same demons that christ sent into the pigs that then ran into the oceans....st francis of assissi can also intervene to the mother of God on their behalf[/size]
u kidding right?
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by oyindare(m): 9:07am On Jul 03, 2015
myproperty:

in geomorphology, a drainage system are the patterns formed by the streams, rivers, and lakes in a particular drainage basin. They are governed by the topography of the land, whether a particular region is dominated by hard or soft rocks, and the gradient of the land.lolz
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by ruggedtimi(m): 9:07am On Jul 03, 2015
glimpse33:
and we are self-acclaming ourselfs GiAnt OF AFRICA...
You can't find a thing like this in Ghana!

Modified* The flooding that occurred in Ghana then was a natural disaster!
This one one in uyo is as a result of Bad Governance!
hey...
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 03, 2015
Having stayed in uyo a while back, this road is just a small bypass not more than 2km, doesn't have drainage at all, I don't really know why, but what is it with political detractors? IBB ave bn flooded doesn't warrant such language from the OP. & yes all major roads in uyo have underground drainage albeit one of the best in the country. Political enemies of progress!
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by successismine(f): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2015
even with d underground jacking pipeline drainage system dat is first in africa n second to non in the world undecided undecided were billions of dollars ve been pump into constructing it sad sad and sum1 will tell me d past govenor did a gud job. nigeria politician re d most wicked pple on planet earth. quote n rot in hell

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by galaxi(m): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2015
Am not from uyo or a supporter of the past administration but you gave them the best answer.
flood can occur anywhere.
LeOstrich:
Was this the situation since the commissioning of the drainage canals?

The level of unprecedented rainfall which was over 100mm in 48hrs is what occasioned this flood.

Even in the US, flooding still occurs when the levies reach their capacity.

You fool.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by donspero(m): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2015
glimpse33:

Abegi so dis is a man made rain? I have been to akwa ibom der governor work weller ojare. Flood can't be controlled it's sometime due over pour of rain
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by petitejolie(f): 9:23am On Jul 03, 2015
Dis poster no get sense.in Lagos we virtually swim to work every rainy day. U no know say we dey global warming.probably stubborn piple lyk u Av used pure water nylon to block d drainage system.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 03, 2015
... my very Uyo

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by myproperty(m): 9:25am On Jul 03, 2015
oyindare:
in geomorphology, a drainage system are the patterns formed by the streams, rivers, and lakes in a particular drainage basin. They are governed by the topography of the land, whether a particular region is dominated by hard or soft rocks, and the gradient of the land.lolz

Your definition is not wrong. But by your definition the topic of this thread is wrong abi? and by your definition Akpabio could not have built a drainage system.
Oh my God!
I do know there are various drainage systems. The natural one and man made.
Have you ever heard of modern drainage system.
If you studied geography and defined drainage in terms of what you study, another person that studied Civil Engineering would also define drainage in relation to civil engineering.
And the Drainage in question were constructed by civil engineers taking into consideration geographical principles of topography,gradient and so one
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by rottennaija(m): 9:27am On Jul 03, 2015
LeOstrich:
Can you imagine what the situation will be like if that drainage was not present?

Stick to your useless SW and stop searching for faults in another man's backyard.

If this was that slum village Lagos you will come out to blame it on blocked drainage ad population pressure even though there hasn't been any major improvement on Lagos drainage since Marwa administration.

Why are you APC people so darn jealous and envious?

Actually, if you reside in uyo, then you will know that this road has been like this and the governor never did something about it. And this road is where the much talked about e-library is. If we were to upload pictures of Uyo, you will see that most roads are spoiling, most are flooded.

Also, if you actually reside in uyo, you will know that even if it is 1 hour of rainfall, that road there would be flooded
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by Maser: 9:28am On Jul 03, 2015
anonimi:

Civilisation comes by education of ALL citizens done by government...............so draw your conclusion accordingly.
Thanks.

Another cynical brat bent on denigrating government. No, wait for government to also educate you on how to wipe your ass after pooing. A swine will always find reasons to keep its dirty habits. Yours is the most ridiculous.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 9:29am On Jul 03, 2015
liberty300:
what's so funny? @least this place still looks cleaner than lagos after a flood
DRUNKARD
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2015
ITbomb:

First of all, I'm not from SW
Secondly, I'm not APC, I am a core PDP man both offline (ward exco) and online (check my posts). If you are so blinded by sycophancy that you cannot call government attention to areas that needs intervention then your state of life is "SORRY".

For the record, in spite of the billions to cover Uyo drainage, IBB road wasn't linked, I have worked with engineers from the floodcontrol unit and they ssaid that the only drainage there was sealed cos the outlet has not been completed and they were working (rather slowly) to remove the seal and channel it into Abak road.
But as we can see, it is obviously overwhelming and requires more than just a routine intervention

ii knw u r fan of pdp but dnt knw who u support.
lemme clarify issues here, ibb road was dsigned by an achitect, former govr of aks, victor attah. me n u knw hw the two ex were interms of cordiality. akpbio used the road to mock attah cos u cant say u r an architect n dont knw d fumctions of drainage. attah built dat road so dnt brng akpabio to dis!
atleast u knw attah now is in APC.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by ocelot2006(m): 9:39am On Jul 03, 2015
maimalari:

Atiku abubakar way is equally ravaged by flood.
http://lindaikeji..com/2015/07/wow-check-out-road-in-akwa-ibom-state.html?m=1

this is Atiku abubakar way after rainfall

Nah....it can't be. The same Atiku Abubakar road? If it was IBB it would've been totally understandable as that road lacks proper drainage. Even at that, one side of road was raised compared to the opposite lane. But even though it rained for hours yesterday, Atiku Abubakar road is one that HARDLY had any flooding issues.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by divalizzy(f): 9:51am On Jul 03, 2015
I served in Uyo. Min of Environment to b precise. There's no drainage along IBB way. It's along nwaniba, oron road, abak road that v underground drainage. But most of d canals are blocked an needs to be opened.

3 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by engrshakespeare: 10:00am On Jul 03, 2015
themosthigh:
[size=18pt]No amount of drainage can solve this problem....let them pray to Our Lady of Salambao the patron saint of fishermen to speak to the mermaids to stop this havoc...they should also pour pure olive oil mixed with salamander bones on the sea every month to prevent and apease the demons of the sea,those same demons that christ sent into the pigs that then ran into the oceans....st francis of assissi can also intervene to the mother of God on their behalf[/size]

trash talk. You make more sense with your mouth closed.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by themosthigh: 10:01am On Jul 03, 2015
flames007:
u kidding right?

No i am not...just try it and see
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by 400billionman: 10:05am On Jul 03, 2015
Even with all the Julius berger projects ?

Though Uyo is riverine area..
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by Captainswag225(m): 10:09am On Jul 03, 2015
glimpse33:

that was a natural disaster, this one is clearly bad governance
do u live in ghana btw?
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by fxskye: 10:12am On Jul 03, 2015
That is part of Dividend of an Uncommon Transformation
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by seangy4konji: 10:17am On Jul 03, 2015
Na to deh swim deh go remain now.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by otomatic(m): 10:19am On Jul 03, 2015
I feel obliged as a non-partisan Akwa Ibom person to comment especially after seeing similar stories on Linda Ikeji's blog yesterday.

The rain that caused the flood fell from the previous evening and throughout the night and even in the morning, more than 12 hours nonstop.

Those flooded roads were not recently built. Those are military era roads.

The drainage everyone is talking about is not in that neighborhood.

Uyo is flood prone due to the nature of its topography.

I am proud of the government of the state cos we have never had it so good infrastructure-wise as we did in the last 8 years.

Before you comment, make sure you have been in Uyo before.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by ekefre4(m): 10:23am On Jul 03, 2015
glimpse33:

Which Ghana? pls dnt say wat u dnt knw
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by Cholison(m): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2015
Uncommon transformation with billions flowing down the drain. What a country.....
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by ekefre4(m): 10:34am On Jul 03, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
I insist Uyo people have been scammed deal with it
I was abt 2 reply then I saw ur name.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by ITbomb(m): 10:40am On Jul 03, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

ii knw u r fan of pdp but dnt knw who u support.
lemme clarify issues here, ibb road was dsigned by an achitect, former govr of aks, victor attah. me n u knw hw the two ex were interms of cordiality. akpbio used the road to mock attah cos u cant say u r an architect n dont knw d fumctions of drainage. attah built dat road so dnt brng akpabio to dis!
atleast u knw attah now is in APC.

I support Udom Emmanuel, GEJ, PDP, governance and accountability if that is your query
I don't think that there's anywhere I mentioned Akpabio. This is development for the state and wellbeing of its citizens not glorifying oneself and dancing to accolades from sycophants.
Why did he reconstruct Aka Rd that was abandoned by Attah if you say it was Attah project and should be left alone because Attah is in APC (sic)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Ekiti House Of Assembly Members Arrested - Fayose Cries Out / David Mark Picks PDP Presidential Nomination Form (Photo) / Ambode, Otedola, Lai Mohammed At Opening Of Obasanjo Presidential Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.