Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

FCMB Laying Off Staff. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FCMB Laying Off Staff. (16123 Views)

Casual Job Is Evil, As Current Laid Off Staff Speaks Out.. / FCMB Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does First City Monument Bank Pay? / MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by omoijesa(m): 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
This is so so disheartheing!!!! Well may God Console d guys and give dem anoda jab ASAP
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by superstar3: 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
Bankers are like Chelsea or Real Madrid FC coach. They are hired today to be fired tomorrow. May God have mercy on us.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by Atigba: 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hiploko:
argghhh... Hope they are not the people I know o.. I reside in plateau and have friends there,
Nice to know u reside in jos

I want to ask u something, is jos safe to live?

I intend doing a professional exam there
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by mayor9498(m): 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
Http://elitenaija.tk
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by tyconcepts(f): 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
It shouldn't be a surprise coz that's almost like the normal cliche in banks now.

I remember how some colleagues were "ordered" by proxy to resign from access bank.....some were not told anything but couldn't have access to their systems, all without any reasonable explanations.

#Its a hire fire parade

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by Hiploko(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
Atigba:

Nice to know u reside in jos

I want to ask u something, is jos safe to live?

I intend doing a professional exam there
VERY safe! The state capital seems shared btw the 2 religions. Once you stay where your own people are, you are safe.
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by Atigba: 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hiploko:
VERY safe! The state capital seems shared btw the 2 religions. Once you stay where your own people are, you are safe.
OK thanks
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by stainlessnature: 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
if a bank lays off one staff, the whole media go know. do u know how many companies that lay off their staff everyday?

it is general, not applicable to bank only

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by damiloladuke: 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
self employed is THR best

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ ABOUT MY FUNNY PERSONAL SECRET DIARY
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by mrkels(m): 5:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
It's nothing, they got experience already, they ll apply to other banks and may even get higher grades in their next bank, happens all the time, talking from experience.

3 Likes

Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by hardbody: 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
glimpse33:
Buhari would provide jobs

Keep calm &

Believe In Buhari (BIB) cool

Its your second post i am reading today.......and i am liking you. I don't do that lightly.
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by shamecurls(m): 6:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
Monumental Banking Fraud: FCMB Exposed in Diversion of Over 1 billion Naira of Customer’s Funds

Monumental Banking Fraud: First City Monument Bank Exposed in Diversion of Over 1 Billion Naira of Customer’s Funds

READ MORE…
http:///1NC6UCt
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by XtraSmooth404: 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
EggovinMma:
embarassed

Bank jobs and NEPA light na d same thing.
Even NEPA sef stable pass bank work these days grin
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by Akamaka: 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Slonge2:
If you're a bank worker, I would advice you to just resign and use ur savings to chater a kekenapep and become a transporter, it would lot more profitable than your useless bank job alias modern day slavery..
am sure if u see bank job u will grab it

3 Likes

Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by seanby4konji: 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
God will help us all...

Learn to always rely on what your hands can do...

Always better so you know if you dont work hard,you no go chop.

#Godgowinlastlast
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
Yes o..Marketers..On top 38k peanut o..Yet?
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
eigmaticme:
v

Full staff in plateau state
Your head dey dia..Na marketers dem be..
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by ritapearl(f): 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
eigmaticme:
two of my friends working in the same branch of FCMB have just been asked to resign.
i feel so sad right now.
they dont even know if it is just them or a bank wide thing.
God help bankers.

A friend of mine in Kaduna was affected. She was told to resign too.
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
[quote author=tonyfrenzy post=35445235]Thatz why I always clamour for self-realization and actualization.
Nobody can tell U nothing if U are Ur own boss.
Nigerians be skilled at something...programming, dancing, singing, graphics, copy writing, web devt D list is exhaustive.
Allow no-damn-body to rubbish Ur whole self.[/quote Capital nko?
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
This kind of force resignation that one didn't plan for can give heartache o!
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by Coolcash1: 9:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
The annoying thing about this banks' layoff is that only junior and mid level are falling casualty of it. These peoplein terms of salary to profit ratio, their total package is immaterial compared to the executive who enjoys jumbo package.

In all this retrenchment, there has never been release of officers from the rank of AGM, DGM, GM and ED. Whose emoluments, benefits and perks eat deep into the banks profit.

Some people have said, it will be difficult for management to ask such people to go when they know all the shaddy and dirty deals the bank is involved in.

It is well.

3 Likes

Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by olumite2014(m): 9:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
tunnamania11:
were they caught with any form of corruption? U need to ask them that before u ask if it was general.

You are wrong in that aspet, bank has various reasons for laying off staff.
Corruption/fraud is just one of these reasons.
I work in a bank and I know what is going on.
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2015
olumite2014:

You are wrong in that aspet, bank has various reasons for laying off staff.
Corruption/fraud is just one of these reasons.
I work in a bank and I know what is going on.
Try to understand comments before u quote , I didn't say they were sacked for being corrupt.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by sped1oro(m): 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
I am sure by now people working in the banking sector should have put one leg in and one solid leg outside because JOB SECURITY in that sector is @ Sub-Zero level.
Meanwhile, i have been helping people on how to systematically leave the banking Job without much Ado. All you need to know, do and put in place before stepping out of that trap door @ the entrance of your bank, i will show you how to do it because i did it over 6 years ago and its still working.
Talk to me on 08034201291
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by tannyf(m): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2015
eigmaticme:

U can find out
Hope is not the British America Junction branch?
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by eigmaticme: 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
ritapearl:

A friend of mine in Kaduna was affected. She was told to resign too.

Sad
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by Sobeautiful: 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
Slonge2:
If you're a bank worker, I would advice you to just resign and use ur savings to chater a kekenapep and become a transporter, it would lot more profitable than your useless bank job alias modern day slavery..
Are you a keke driver? You sound like you're angry with bankers. Or is it jealousy that l sense? Easy dear 'cos no job is 100% guaranteed.
Re: FCMB Laying Off Staff. by Zhahovic(m): 4:28pm On Jul 04, 2015
Hmmm...it seems I know this poster...
Because those guys that were laid off are my pals too[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Further Your Career With SAP ERP Training In Lagos And Port Hacourt Nigeria / Can Chatgpt Replace Doing Traditional Research Work / 5 Simple Strategies To Boost Your Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.