Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine (3763 Views)

The Christian Doctrine Of Salvation And The World's Religions / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine
by Matt Slick

"Take up the Bible, compare the religion of the Latter-day Saints with it and see if it will stand the test," (Brigham Young, May 18, 1873, Journal of Discourses, vol. 16, p. 46).

What does Mormonism Teach? Well, here are some of the basics, plain and simple.

1. God came from another planet
2. God is a man with a body of flesh and bones
3. There is a mother goddess
4. God and his goddess wife are married
5. You can become gods

Following is a comparison between Christian doctrine and Mormon doctrine. It will become very obvious that Mormonism does not agree with the Bible. In fact, Mormonism uses the same words found in Christianity, but it redefines them. So, with a proper understanding of what Mormonism really teaches, you will be able to see past those definitions into the real differences between Christianity and Mormonism.

The difference is the difference between eternal life and damnation.

Note: When we say "person" in the context of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, we do not mean that they are individuals as we people are individuals. Instead, it is meant in the theological sense where a person is seen as one who says "you," "your," "me," "mine," etc. A person speaks, has a will, recognizes one's self and others.

https://carm.org/comparison-between-christian-doctrine-and-mormon-doctrine
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by axiliborha(f): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
grin
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by tmv10(m): 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
Q
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by Demmzy15(m): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
They're true Christians! grin grin
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
Christianity cannot be compared with this,remember that satan quotes bible but then,a closer look at satans' stand wouldn't give one a true knowledge potrayed in the word.just as ur layout here clearly didn't and can never march the bible stand. Take heed lest ye be decieved.
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by 5solas(m): 11:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
Good to know these differences. About ten years ago, I had an extensive discussion with a Mormon and I noted their advocacy of good works for salvation. About five years later, I spoke with another Mormon and was shocked to see her agreeing that salvation was by grace. In short, she could have passed for any protestant.
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
5solas:

Good to know these differences. About ten years ago, I had an extensive discussion with a Mormon and I noted their advocacy of good works for salvation. About five years later, I spoke with another Mormon and was shocked to see her agreeing that salvation was by grace. In short, she could have passed for any protestant.

That is where the deception lies.

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine
by Matt Slick

"Take up the Bible, compare the religion of the Latter-day Saints with it and see if it will stand the test," (Brigham Young, May 18, 1873, Journal of Discourses, vol. 16, p. 46).

What does Mormonism Teach? Well, here are some of the basics, plain and simple.

1. God came from another planet
2. God is a man with a body of flesh and bones
3. There is a mother goddess
4. God and his goddess wife are married
5. You can become gods

Following is a comparison between Christian doctrine and Mormon doctrine. It will become very obvious that Mormonism does not agree with the Bible. In fact, Mormonism uses the same words found in Christianity, but it redefines them. So, with a proper understanding of what Mormonism really teaches, you will be able to see past those definitions into the real differences between Christianity and Mormonism.

The difference is the difference between eternal life and damnation.

Note: When we say "person" in the context of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, we do not mean that they are individuals as we people are individuals. Instead, it is meant in the theological sense where a person is seen as one who says "you," "your," "me," "mine," etc. A person speaks, has a will, recognizes one's self and others.

https://carm.org/comparison-between-christian-doctrine-and-mormon-doctrine

TOPIC: GOD

Christian Doctrine: There is only one God. (Isaiah 43:11, 44:6, 8, 45:5)

Mormon Doctrine: "And they (the Gods) said: Let there be light: and there was light," (Book of Abraham 4:3).
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45am On Aug 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

TOPIC: GOD

Christian Doctrine: There is only one God. (Isaiah 43:11, 44:6, 8, 45:5)

Mormon Doctrine: "And they (the Gods) said: Let there be light: and there was light," (Book of Abraham 4:3).

Christian Doctrine on God: God has always been God. (Psalm 90:2, Isaiah 57:15)

Mormon Doctrine on God: "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens!!! . . . We have imagined that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea and take away the veil, so that you may see," (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345).
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by Anas09: 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
Joseph smith, Charles Tazz Rousel the founder of JW and mohammed of Arabia, have the same spirit. Just that mohammed kills physical and toss men into hell while the other two does it subtly and send men to hell wen they die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by Jozzy4: 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Anas09:
Joseph smith, Charles Tazz Rousel the founder of JW and mohammed of Arabia, have the same spirit. Just that mohammed kills physical and toss men into hell while the other two does it subtly and send men to hell wen they die.

Muslims , JW's and mormons are going to hell according to you abi ?

"send men to hell wen they die" nonsense statement grin all living things die , MR NIGER D . Death ends it . Opposite of life

When you die , you become a non living thing .

Tell us : did Adam went to hell ?
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by Jozzy4: 9:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
Anas09:

Muslims, JW's and mormons are going to hell according to you abi ?

"send men to hell wen they die" nonsense statement grin all living things die , MR NIGER D . Death ends it . Opposite of life

Tell us : did Adam went to hell ? Where did God said Adam will go when he die ?
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
Demmzy15:

They're true Christians! grin grin

Be careful who you call 'true Christians'. cool

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter"! (Isaiah 5:20).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
nseke:

Christianity cannot be compared with this,remember that satan quotes bible but then,a closer look at satans' stand wouldn't give one a true knowledge potrayed in the word.just as ur layout here clearly didn't and can never march the bible stand. Take heed lest ye be decieved.

What is the Bible's stand if I may ask?
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
Anas09:

It's a pity that many of those being deceived by these cults are sleep walking themselves into the pit of hell. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
Jozzy4:

Make sure you repent and believe the gospel before it gets too late. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by Jozzy4: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Make sure you repent and believe the gospel before it gets too late. smiley

Haaaa , you are not even suppose to utter a word . Arent you that confuse guy that told me jesus is the same God called Yahweh . grin and when i asked you : since God himself as come down to earth, who is he praying to ? U start posting ur links as usual .

Silly enough , you smartly edit and cut out the question I asked Anas09 : WHERE DID GOD SAID ADAM WILL GO WHEN HE DIE ? U guys sud answer that question . answer

WHERE DID GOD SAID ADAM WILL RETURN WHEN HE DIE ?

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by Demmzy15(m): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Be careful who you call 'true Christians'. cool

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter"! (Isaiah 5:20).
What? If I also meet a Mormon he'll also quote this verse to discredit you, so spare me!
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13am On Aug 15, 2015
Jozzy4:

Haaaa , you are not even suppose to utter a word . Arent you that confuse guy that told me jesus is the same God called Yahweh . grin and when i asked you : since God himself as come down to earth, who is he praying to ? U start posting ur links as usual .

Silly enough , you smartly edit and cut out the question I asked Anas09 : WHERE DID GOD SAID ADAM WILL GO WHEN HE DIE ? U guys sud answer that question . answer

Don't derail this thread with your questions. Go to this thread and answer the question there ==> https://www.nairaland.com/2512389/what-does-it-mean-dead
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15am On Aug 15, 2015
Demmzy15:

What? If I also meet a Mormon he'll also quote this verse to discredit you, so spare me!

That depends on whose side you are on, Christ or Joseph Smith?
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by Jozzy4: 4:58am On Aug 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Don't derail this thread with your questions. Go to this thread and answer the question there ==> https://www.nairaland.com/2512389/what-does-it-mean-dead

Link as usual grin , i could see you are scared of answering the question .
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:59am On Aug 15, 2015
Jozzy4:

Link as usual grin , i could see you are scared of answering the question .

This thread is about the comparison between the Christian doctrine and the Mormon doctrine. If you've got nothing to contribute on this thread then kindly move on. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
Jozzy4:

Don't you think you should be arrested for the way you massacre English language? undecided
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by Jozzy4: 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Don't you think you should be arrested for the way you massacre English language? undecided

Put on your glasses old man .

Question: To where did God said Adam will RETURN when he dies ?
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
Jozzy4:

Put on your glasses old man .

Question: To where did God said Adam will RETURN when he dies ?

You still managed to butcher English grammar again! shocked
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
Jozzy4:

shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
Jozzy4:

Muslims, JW's and mormons are going to hell according to you abi ?

Tell us : did Adam went to hell ? Where did God said Adam will go when he die ?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Christian Doctrine on God: God has always been God. (Psalm 90:2, Isaiah 57:15)

Mormon Doctrine on God: "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens!!! . . . We have imagined that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea and take away the veil, so that you may see," (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345).

Christian Doctrine on God:

God is a spirit without flesh and bones. (John 4:24, Luke 24:39)

Mormon Doctrine on God:

"The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's," (Doctrine and Covenants 130:22, Compare with Alma 18:26-27, 22:9-10).

"Therefore we know that both the Father and the Son are in form and stature perfect men; each of them possesses a tangible body . . . of flesh and bones," (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 38).
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18am On Jan 07, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Christian Doctrine on God:

God is a spirit without flesh and bones. (John 4:24, Luke 24:39)

Mormon Doctrine on God:

"The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's," (Doctrine and Covenants 130:22, Compare with Alma 18:26-27, 22:9-10).

"Therefore we know that both the Father and the Son are in form and stature perfect men; each of them possesses a tangible body . . . of flesh and bones," (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 38).

TRINITY

Christian Doctrine on Trinity:
The Trinity is the doctrine that there is only one God in all the universe and that He exists in three eternal, simultaneous persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Mormon Doctrine on Trinity:
The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. "That these three are separate individuals, physically distinct from each other, is demonstrated by the accepted records of divine dealings with man," (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 35).
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18am On Jan 09, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

TRINITY

Christian Doctrine on Trinity:
The Trinity is the doctrine that there is only one God in all the universe and that He exists in three eternal, simultaneous persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Mormon Doctrine on Trinity:
The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. "That these three are separate individuals, physically distinct from each other, is demonstrated by the accepted records of divine dealings with man," (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 35).

JESUS

Christian Doctrine on Jesus:
Jesus was born of the virgin Mary. (Isaiah 7:14, Matt. 1:23)

Mormon Doctrine on Jesus:
"The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood--was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 8, p. 115).
"Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers," (Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce McConkie, p. 547).
Re: A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

JESUS

Christian Doctrine on Jesus:
Jesus was born of the virgin Mary. (Isaiah 7:14, Matt. 1:23)

Mormon Doctrine on Jesus:
"The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood--was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 8, p. 115).
"Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers," (Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce McConkie, p. 547).

THE HOLY SPIRIT

Christian Doctrine on The Holy Spirit:

The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. He is not a force. He is a person. (Acts 5:3-4, 13:2)

Mormon Doctrine on The Holy Spirit:

Mormonism distinguishes between the Holy Spirit (God's presence via an essence) and the Holy Ghost (the third god in the Mormon doctrine of the trinity).

"He [the Holy Ghost] is a being endowed with the attributes and powers of Deity, and not a mere force, or essence," (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 144).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Oduduwa? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Warns Nigeria Music Gospel Singers / The Brutal, Merciless, Sadistic Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.