Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries (1590 Views)

Computer Village: See Why Prices Of Mobile Phones Are On The Increase / These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. / Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by dlux: 6:33pm On Jul 03, 2015
This is not a counter thread to what has been said about the Android but a fact from technically sound Minds and an open source activist. Without further ado, here are 10 good reasons why Androids are the best phones out in any market today!

1. Android is Open Source
Open Source is not just a phrase for free software but a movement and culture for rapidly developing innovations in the IT industry without borders, race or limits. Imagine the potentials that lies in a stack of software or an application that is constantly under development by thousands of developers and programmers everyday and then refined into the enterprise market for use by the public. Two good heads are better than one and of cos we're talking about core software developers globally. Apple nor Windows enjoy this culture and we've seen final releases of software that was a mess (Windows Vista, XP, Quicktime, Apple Server OS etc). On the other hand products like Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, Mozilla firefox, Google Chrome, Whatsapp, VLC Media Player, Androids etc have enjoyed steady growth and fame thanks to open source.

2. Steady Updates & Support
Just like we mentioned earlier, updates like that of any proprietary OS is under constant development but unlike other brands, patches, updates and new releases are focused on user expectations and experience because the users are actively involved in the development process. Nobody knows for sure what Apple is thinking for its new releases; same with Microsoft. As a Linux or open source developer, all you need do is join a forum or community and you will be well informed as to where a product is headed. Development from upstream projects are integrated into Enterprise versions or releases.

3. Longevity
We saw what happened to Symbian, Meego and Windows Mobile not too long ago. A proprietary software is subject to the wishes of its parent company. If sales drop or such a company wishes to discontinue development of such a product, the end users are left AWOL and CANNOT do anything about it. Would you want to fall into such category? Google may have been the front runner for Android development but other Brands have since emerged. Samsung, LG, HTC, Motorola and Techno are notable hardware manufacturers in Nigeria and also posses a team of developers each that taps in from upstream Android development on daily basis. From this logic, Androids will be around for quite some time if not a very long time.

4. Functionality & Performance
Android by far out-classes its competitors in functionality and performance. Lets not forget, Androids were designed from Linux codes or to perform like Linux but on top of Java. Linux is today's best operating system for a lot of reasons though a lot of development is still on going which makes it even more interesting. Its free, offers free software on it, less expensive and very direct. Androids can do anything your iPhone will do plus much more. It rarely freezes and is easy to reboot, fix, share files/data, easy to port application, recover data or change hardware. It performs like a PC in so many instances and lets not forget, still under constant development.

5. Affordable for all.
Now, for those people who love to show class and have everything customized or suit their needs; Androids has got something for you. For others who just need a good phone with modern day demands and easy internet access - you are not left out. Be it cheap Android phones or expensive metal Androids, a quality phone awaits you in price and functionality. Techno is a great phone manufacturer that falls into this category.

6. Good experience.
Androids offer really good experience as the OS evolves everyday but more importantly, there is no dull moment to it. No other mobile OS enjoys the vast amount of software stack available and gamers will definitely love owning an Android phone for this reason. Picture quality is high, Video Quality, Sound and lets not forget, its bound to get even better.

7. Largest Stack of Free Software.
Now compare and Android Plan to that of an iPhone. Androids are cheaper but besides that, Androids possess the largest pool of applications compared to other OS combined. Most of these applications are free as well and can be installed easily from Google Play or third party repositories. Unlike Windows Mobile, BlackBerry and iPhones where you will be mandated to make certain amount of payment just for installing applications you may end up not using nor appreciating.

8. Internet Bundle Plans.
Yes, Android Bundle plans are somewhat higher than that of a BlackBerry but cheaper than an iPhone for most service providers and hey! Look on the bright side, you can slot your Android Bundles directly to you modem and surf on or with your PC. All Android Bundles i know can be used on your computer too but this is not the case for iPhones or BlackBerry phones.

9. Stability.
Coming from a Unix/Linux background, Android Phones are usually very stable when using. Remember the days of core Symbian and Java Phones where you constantly have to flash, reset or reload your phones? Virus or Trojan issues etc. The security of and Android phone can be optimized to a great extent.

10. Easy to use.
It is rare to see users complaining about how techy or complicated it is using an Android phone. Icons are easy to locate, programs can be easily restarted, navigation is simple, software installation and removal a piece of cake, updates seamless, files transfer is smooth, application sharing is even better, security is high or can be optimized, pairing devices is nothing to worry about, the list goes on and on. Compare this to an iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile and see for yourself.

Visit Nigeria's Tech Magazine to Ask Questions, post Articles and share ideas on ICT issues
http://gtbensmag.com or http://gtbensmag.com/chatrooms to join our forum.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
Seconded
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by samsard(m): 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
These comparisons for one are becoming sickening. And i must add, even with all the noise, QNX based BlackBerry10 OS is the most secure mobile OS and android is the least secure mobile OS in the world. What android has got over other OS is app collection, customisation and flexibity. And personally, i prefer the gesture based BlackBerry10 as am no big fan of customisation although droids have all the powerful hardware. If only users and developers will give BB10 a chance.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by dlux: 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
samsard:
These comparisons for one are becoming sickening. And i must add, even with all the noise, QNX based BlackBerry10 OS is the most secure mobile OS and android is the least secure mobile OS in the world. What android has got over other OS is app collection, customisation and flexibity. And personally, i prefer the gesture based BlackBerry10 as am no big fan of customisation although droids have all the powerful hardware. If only users and developers will give BB10 a chance.

I use a BlackBerry, Also use a Droid. All you need do is some analysis and you'ld see for yourself. Android has lots of Vulnerability test against it cos its basically the same minds and developers who invented it that are in turn pushing it to its limits. BlackBerry's have their advantages too but that of an Android outweighs it.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by Whizpeter(m): 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
We don't need a long list to know that Android is KING

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by emeraldlife: 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
Why e be say una no dey ever tire with all this endless comparison. I have found out that those who list these endless comparison have never used IPhone.
This is no more education but a show of poverty.

Stick to what works for you.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by dlux: 10:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
emeraldlife:
Why e be say una no dey ever tire with all this endless comparison. I have found out that those who list these endless comparison have never used IPhone.
This is no more education but a show of poverty.

Stick to what works for you.

Its really sad for people like you who do not think before speaking. What has poverty got to do with a Tech review? There are expensive Androids which you can acquire if that is your thing. Stick with what works for you just like the other guy said. I use what meets my needs but you also have to take a broader look at all options when making a review.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by emeraldlife: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
dlux:

Its really sad for people like you who do not think before speaking. What has poverty got to do with a Tech review? There are expensive Androids which you can acquire if that is your thing. Stick with what works for you just like the other guy said. I use what meets my needs but you also have to take a broader look at all options when making a review.

Lol
you were so quick to comment. I think you should read my post again.

Thank you
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by NCP: 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
no 11.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
Open source is the future
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by Lordaweezy: 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
finally a counter thread in android support

sai Android

enjoy your unlimited freedom✔
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by martineverest(m): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
i disagree with dat......security and privacy is killing open source

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
martineverest:
i disagree with dat......security and privacy is killing open source

One thing must kill a man

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by martineverest(m): 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
ollah1:

One thing must kill a man
yeah,dats true.....dont forget dat most enterprise refused to use android because of security and privacy issue.openess of os makes it vulnerable to attack
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
martineverest:
yeah,dats true.....dont forget dat most enterprise refused to use android because of security and privacy issue.openess of os makes it vulnerable to attack

Bro you can't have it all..
Android is opened hence dominating the mobile market.
iOS is closed, has good shares in the mobile market. It was opened a bit hence the problems with iOS 8
Above has no enterprise market

BB has a large share in the enterprise market but not dominating in the real market

You see that you just can't have it all especially in this sector where companies aren't sleeping else your balls would be kicked
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by martineverest(m): 7:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
hmmm....what if apple choose to make iphone cheaper?.do u think android ll be dorminant afterwards?.....android maaybe dorminant but its not as profitable as ios..apple gulps almost 90% of smartphone profits and more than 50% of high end fone sales.so which one is more successful?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by BLINGZ88: 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
blackberry is made for a specific class and that's the business class. android is made for the average citizen and ios is for the ostentatious...chose ur class

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by tegak10: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
BLINGZ88:
blackberry is made for a specific class and that's the business class. android is made for the average citizen and ios is for the ostentatious...chose ur class

So d android phones more expensive than d iPhone s 4 who... Lamborgini android $3000 is for who..... Even s6 edge 128gb is more expensive than iPhone
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by dlux: 9:58am On Jul 07, 2015
Open Source also has the best security experts working on it. Remember you can modify the source code of open source projects and add security features that suites your needs and that of the company. HTC, Samsung, RedHat, Tecno, Motorola and others are beneficiaries to this like i mentioned earlier. We are running a poll for the GSM Company that provides the best Internet Services to users in Nigeria. Kindly vote on our Website http://gtbensmag.com
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
BLINGZ88:

140 thousand naira S6 is for the average citizen. Or 90 thousand s5 is for average people?
You obviously denounced your brain before typing that.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by BLINGZ88: 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
ibotjaycob:

140 thousand naira S6 is for the average citizen. Or 90 thousand s5 is for average people?
You obviously denounced your brain before typing that.
isiah, u can get an android for #8000 but u can get an iphone for less that #40000 unless u are going for iphone 2
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by BLINGZ88: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
tegak10:

So d android phones more expensive than d iPhone s 4 who... Lamborgini android $3000 is for who..... Even s6 edge 128gb is more expensive than iPhone
have u heard of blackberry Porsche before.... And when I say business class, I'm not talking about how expensive it z, itz just how easy it z to synchronise the phone with your daily life .... Nd most #35000 android is better than iphone 4 nd 5 but they are still more expensive... Nd no matter what Samsung dos, if you have an iphone brother u have more swag
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
BLINGZ88:
isiah, u can get an android for #8000 but u can get an iphone for less that #40000 unless u are going for iphone 2

Oh i see, continue exposing how stupid you are.. So the 8 thousand Android and 140.000 will give u the same output?
Or 40.000 Iphone will give u the same output with 120.000 iphone.. I see, you are very smart i must tell you
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
BLINGZ88:
have u heard of blackberry Porsche before.... And when I say business class, I'm not talking about how expensive it z, itz just how easy it z to synchronise the phone with your daily life .... Nd most #35000 android is better than iphone 4 nd 5 but they are still more expensive... Nd no matter what Samsung dos, if you have an iphone brother u have more swag

How old are you? Did u just say swag?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
BLINGZ88:

This is serious.. So the type of phone you use determines your level of 'Swag'
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by BLINGZ88: 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
ibotjaycob:

This is serious.. So the type of phone you use determines your level of 'Swag'
blive it or not
Re: 10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
BLINGZ88:
blive it or not
Good luck navigating through life with that type of mentality.

(1) (Reply)

How Samsung Went From Exciting To Uninspiring / Thread For Itel 1502 And 1503 / Etisalat Introduces New Package Which Offers 250% Bonus On Recharge Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.