Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting (1385 Views)

Nigerians React To New Photos Of Buhari In London With Tinubu And Akande / Buhari Sees Tinubu And Akande Off In London After Their Visit (Photos) / Why Tinubu Boycotted APC NEC Meeting – Chieftain: The SUN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by dayo23(f): 3:14am On Jul 04, 2015
There are strong indications that the crisis in the All Progressives Congress is far from over as two influential leaders of the party, boycotted the National Executive Committee meeting attended by President Muhammadu Buhari today, July 3.

A former governor of Lagos state, Ahmed Tinubu, and the party’s former interim chairman, Bisi Akande, shunned the party’s meeting on Friday, raising fears that the party may be nowhere near resolving a leadership crisis.

However, in the absence of both leaders (Tinubu and Akande), President Buhari appealed to APC members to respect the supremacy of the party and allow the“system to work”.

Addressing journalists on the absence of Tinubu and Akande, the APC national publicity secretary, Lai Mohammed, said invitation to the meeting was at the discretion of the national working committee of the APC, or its executive committee.

He said the leaders were not members of the party’s exco, as such, it was the discretion of the APC working committee to decide who to invite.

Mohammed will, however, dodge a question by a reporter who reminded him that identification tags for Tinubu had been seen at the venue of the meeting, Premium Times reports.

The media outfit confirmed that Tinubu was in the country as of Friday.

At the end of the meeting, Mohammed said all sides had agreed that the party was supreme, and must be respected.

“Also, it is important to let you know that everybody in the party is united on two issues which are party supremacy and the need to ensure that this government deliver its campaign promises,” Mohammed said.

But when asked if recognising the supremacy of the party implied that the leadership of the Senate and House of Representatives would adopt the nominees of the party as principal officers, Mohammed said talks were still ongoing.

“The president said he believes in party supremacy, we have a problem on our hands and we must find the best means to resolve it. One thing I can assure you is that, this house (the APC) shall not fall.

“It is for the interest of everyone who voted for change. I would not want to go into the nitty-gritty of what the resolution will be because as I speak for now I don’t know. When you talk about party’s supremacy, it is derived from the constitution,” he said.

http://madailygist.com/how-tinubu-and-akande-boycotted-apc-nec-meeting-read-more/

Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by dayo23(f): 3:15am On Jul 04, 2015
My man Tinubu!

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by sigidporte(m): 3:58am On Jul 04, 2015
Who cares?

They both have to make do with Saraki and Dogara for four years as we are doing with that slow poke at the top.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by tetraman(m): 4:02am On Jul 04, 2015
Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by Chubhie: 4:04am On Jul 04, 2015
Tinubu and Akande will soon dispel the “rumour” that they were in the country as at the time of the meeting.

If PDP is papa deceiving pikin what then is APC?
Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by donholy28(m): 4:11am On Jul 04, 2015
I thought they said that APC crises is settled
Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by Candyrain(m): 4:25am On Jul 04, 2015
I don't see Saraki and Dogara backing down for Tinubu. Tinubu should just have it at the back of his mind that he has been relegated to the back seat. Sorry for him. The Northern power bloc has shown him how to play the Nigerian politics. Tinubu is still a learner.
Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by drtwist(m): 4:33am On Jul 04, 2015
after the ministerial list has been release I know Tinubu will never forgive himself for rolling with the wrong mix.
Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by airmark(m): 4:37am On Jul 04, 2015
Candyrain:
I don't see Saraki and Dogara backing down for Tinubu. Tinubu should just have it at the back of his mind that he has been relegated to the back seat. Sorry for him. The Northern power bloc has shown him how to play the Nigerian politics. Tinubu is still a learner.

Go and watch the full video of what buhari said in the meeting. He told the erring members the story how apc got to where they are now with the help of Bisi Akande and Tinubu. He told them in point blank that saraki, dogara and their loyalists came when the soup was almost done and they should pocket their ambition as the party is bigger than them. After this meeting, the two's camp is expected to crack.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by Candyrain(m): 5:03am On Jul 04, 2015
airmark:

Go and watch the full video of what buhari said in the meeting. He told the erring members the story how apc got to where they are now with the help of Bisi Akande and Tinubu. He told them in point blank that saraki, dogara and their loyalists came when the soup was almost done and they should pocket their ambition as the party is bigger than them. After this meeting, the two's camp is expected to crack.
Buhari has said his own, Saraki and Dogara has the numbers at the upper and lower chamber respectively on their side so I don't see them willing to take orders from Tinubu. Tinubu should concentrate on Lagos State as usual.
Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by Israel5(m): 5:18am On Jul 04, 2015
Dia biz. Screw a p nshi!
Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 04, 2015
Which one we go believe now? They are not NEC members yet their Identification tags were found at the venue? Lol

OPOLO EYES DON ENTER ONE CHANCE.
Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by airmark(m): 5:45am On Jul 04, 2015
Candyrain:
Buhari has said his own, Saraki and Dogara has the numbers at the upper and lower chamber respectively on their side so I don't see them willing to take orders from Tinubu. Tinubu should concentrate on Lagos State as usual.

It does nt work that way. Buhari diplomatically informed them they should backtrack and accept what the party recommended to Dogara and saraki. He said he was supposed to be in sambisa forest but because party is supreme he must be at the NEC meeting, that means who are saraki and dogara to have gone against party's order? Only if saraki wants to commit political suicide he would ignore PMB's call. He understood his words clearly. His countenance changed when PMB was reeling out the story how ACN and other parties struggled to merge and get registered, indirectly buhari was reminding him and dogara that they were not part of the initial struggle and now behaving overboard. Saraki and dogara's loyalists can easily be bought over now, as PMB came in clear terms against their actions.
Re: How Tinubu And Akande Boycotted APC NEC Meeting by Caseless: 6:20am On Jul 04, 2015
If Tinubu goes down, apc goes down. He's the 'most priced asset' in the party after BUHARI.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Lessons Did Okorocha And Others Learn In America? / Tinubu/Fashola crises deepens / What Gov. Udom Emmanuel Said At LED Factory Groundbreaking Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.