Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,412 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:22 AM

A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists (749 Views)

Adeboye's 63rd Birthday Message To David Oyedepo / "Aso Rock Is Vacant, Osinbajo Struggling With Cabal" – Primate Elijah Ayodele / Fulfilling Your Role In A Struggling Marriage As A Christian Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by malvisguy212: 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2015
Over the years, I have met countless
people who believe God is angry with
them because they haven't "arrived" at
the place of perfection. As a result, they
live in a state of perpetual frustration continually rejecting themselves and
feeling bad every time they make a mistake.

There's one thing for sure Jesus didn't
give His life for us to walk around feeling guilty and condemned. He wants us to feel good about ourselves and our
relationship with Him. And it all starts
with discovering our true identity in
Christ.

ARE YOU A BELIEVER OR ACHIEVER ?
For many years, I tried to please God
with my works. It seemed as if I was
living on a performance treadmill always trying to do something to feel
good about myself and feel like I was in
right standing with Him. In the process, I became weary,worn out,and unhappy. I would think, Something is just not
working.

I was right.No matter how much we love
God and choose to do what's right, we
will always be frustrated if we don't learn this one valuable lesson, the bible say in Ephesians 2:8 :

Ephesians 2:8 (AMP) says, "For it is by
free grace (God's unmerited favor) that
you are saved (delivered from judgment
and made partakers of Christ's salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving]...."

There is nothing we can do to earn our
salvation or right standing with God...we
have been made right with Him through
our faith in Jesus Christ. A believer that
is lacking this understanding is like a
jumbo jet on the runway with no
gasoline he has all the equipment but
is going nowhere! God has already DECLARED us righteous, we must work to become what God has declared us to be.

SEES YOUR SELF IN GOD EYES.
In order for us to experience true freedom and grow in our relationship
with God, we need to learn to accept
ourselves right where we are and see
ourselves the way God sees us. As we do, we will begin to understand that
becoming like Christ is a process that
takes time ... and that God will be faithful to finish the good work He began.

Second Corinthians 5:21 (AMP) says, "For our sake He made Christ [virtually] to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in and through Him we might become ... the righteousness of God [what we ought to be, approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him, by His goodness]."

This is the basis of self-acceptance
knowing that God accepts us through
Jesus and sees us as totally righteous.
This does not mean that we don't sin
anymore or that we can dismiss it like it's no big deal. It simply means that God loves us even while we are on our way while we are in the process of becoming like Christ before we have "arrived."
For example,a father with a rebellious son , no matter what the son did , he will still love the him, not that he love what he was doing but just for the HOPE , the son may change one day.
The same is true with God, our heavenly
Father. He doesn't love our wrong
behavior, but He certainly loves us.

Romans 5:8 says that He proved His love for us by sending His Son "while we were yet sinners." In other words, He didn't wait until we were righteous to send Jesus He sent Jesus because we would never be righteous without Him!

Isaiah 61:10 says, "I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,my soul shall be joyful in my
God; for He has clothed me with the
garments of salvation, He has covered
me with the robe of righteousness, ... "

What does this mean for us? It means
when we make mistakes, God literally
has us "covered" with His robe of
righteousness. So when the enemy
comes against us with thoughts of guilt or condemnation, we can stand firm against his accusations. We can stand on God's Word and say ...
"I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST.
I am clothed in His righteousness not
mine. The Bible says that if I confess my
sin, God is faithful to forgive me and
cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I
am loved!" (See 1 John 1:9)

God is on your side, and He wants you to feel good about yourself and the
progress you are making. So don't spend your time frustrated because you haven't "arrived." God is not mad at you because you are not perfect He is only
disappointed if you quit running the
race!

Proverbs 27:17
AS IRON SHARPENS IRON , SO ONE PERSON SHARPEN ANOTHER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by Rilwayne001: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2015

Okay.

Malvisguy, why dont you add the link you copied this^^ from? Do you want to fool Nairalanders by making it seem as if you wrote it when actually you weren't the author. ..

1 Like

Re: A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by malvisguy212: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Okay.

Malvisguy, why dont you add the link you copied this^^ from? Do you want to fool Nairalanders by making it seem as if you wrote it when actually you weren't the author. ..
you are a muslim, the spirit cannot convict you, you don't even know who the holy spirit is just like muhammed mistaken the spirit to be angel jibril.anyway this thread is not for muslims, if you want to defend your prophet come in here https://www.nairaland.com/2381817/contradictions-analyzed-bible-quran

Don't derailed this thread. Peace!!

1 Like

Re: A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by johnydon22(m): 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Okay.

hahahahahahaha http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/50177-a-message-to-struggling-christian-perfectionists

Ooops cheesy **runs out of thread before they kill me** grin tongue

3 Likes

Re: A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by Rilwayne001: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
[s]
malvisguy212:
you are a muslim, the spirit cannot convict you, you don't even know who the holy spirit is just like muhammed mistaken the spirit to be angel jibril.anyway this thread is not for muslims, if you want to defend your prophet come in here https://www.nairaland.com/2381817/contradictions-analyzed-bible-quran
Don't derailed this thread. Peace!!
[/s]

Truth is bitter, isn't it? Quote the author/link of what you copied and pasted in other not to deceive the gullible reader into thinking that its your handiwork when actually it wasn't.
Re: A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by Demmzy15(m): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
Wallahi this malvisguy212 guy go chop Cain again! grin grin
Re: A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by malvisguy212: 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:

hahahahahahaha http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/50177-a-message-to-struggling-christian-perfectionists

Good.
Re: A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by Rilwayne001: 6:03pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Thank you jare. Now, malvisguy212, please add the link to your OP.
Re: A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by mustymatic(m): 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
Struggling malvisguy212 smiley
Re: A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
Either he copied or Not,it still blessed me and it will bless many others. Good article @OP

1 Like

Re: A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by malvisguy212: 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2015
mustymatic:
Struggling malvisguy212 smiley
one with God is the majority.
Re: A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by mustymatic(m): 11:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
one with God is the majority.
Yeah that
Re: A Message To Struggling Christian Perfectionists by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 05, 2015
No grammatical blunders typical of malvisguy212,abeg where did you copy this from grin

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right To Dispose Old Bibles? / A Word From God To The False Pastors / Masquerades Invade Church, Flog Pastors, Worshipers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.