Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Shettima Gives Parting Gifts To 600 Corps Members For Serving In Troubled Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Gives Parting Gifts To 600 Corps Members For Serving In Troubled Borno (1070 Views)

Aisha Buhari Presents Gifts To Quintuplets And Their Parents / Gov. Shettima Gives Committee Three Days To Find Facts On Abducted Girls / Fayose Presents Car Gifts To Teachers In Appreciation For Their Hard Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima Gives Parting Gifts To 600 Corps Members For Serving In Troubled Borno by inimitkel(m): 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
Borno State governor, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, Friday, gave a token of N10,000 as a parting gift to each of the 600 corps members in the Batch B, 2014 National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme, who completed their one year service in the terror-prone state.

The gift was handed over to the corps members during a low-key passing out ceremony held for them at the NYSC office in Maiduguri, the state capital.

Also speaking at the occasion, the chairperson of the NYSC in the state, Hajiya Maryam Ibrahim, who was represented by ministerial secretary, Mai Jallo, asked the outgoing corps members to resolve to contribute their quota to the development of the country wherever they find themselves after the service.

While a female corps member died after a protracted illness at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital UMTH during the service year, the State honours was given to Omoniyi Olajide for his leading role in evacuation of the sewage at the EYN church, provision of pregnancy awareness lectures for 160 women, provision of enlightenment to 70 kids on the benefits of education with 250 women given talks on personal hygiene and oral health.

According to the NYSC, Omoniyi was also honoured for training 1,000 women in entrepreneurial skills such as soap and vaseline making which benefitted some internally displaced persons (IDPs) in about three camps in the town.

Borno state has been the hotbed of terrorists attacks with thousands killed by the Boko Haram and several others displaced.

Speaking at the ceremony, the state director of NYSC, Lawan Turawa, called on the corps members to apply the principles of change they have acquired during the service year into whatever they would be doing in their various endeavours.

Source: http://madailygist.com/shettima-gives-parting-gifts-to-600-corps-members-for-serving-in-troubled-borno-see-how-much-each-corps-member-got/
Re: Shettima Gives Parting Gifts To 600 Corps Members For Serving In Troubled Borno by Ofeakwu(m): 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
A
Re: Shettima Gives Parting Gifts To 600 Corps Members For Serving In Troubled Borno by merry02(m): 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
Shettima himself is a terrorist!!!
Re: Shettima Gives Parting Gifts To 600 Corps Members For Serving In Troubled Borno by Cutehector(m): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
He is a very generous man...
Re: Shettima Gives Parting Gifts To 600 Corps Members For Serving In Troubled Borno by ibrams(m): 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
it doesnt matter......
Re: Shettima Gives Parting Gifts To 600 Corps Members For Serving In Troubled Borno by Taeewo(m): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
Assuming is #1m,i wud av apply for redeployment to BORNU from OGUN.
Re: Shettima Gives Parting Gifts To 600 Corps Members For Serving In Troubled Borno by inimitkel(m): 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
Taeewo:
Assuming is #1m,i wud av apply for redeployment to BORNU from OGUN.
Lol...not minding the risk? cheesy
Re: Shettima Gives Parting Gifts To 600 Corps Members For Serving In Troubled Borno by wisehuman156(m): 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
Thank Governor! But keep your gift. It's not worth risking My life. Those people displaced from their homes needs it most.
Re: Shettima Gives Parting Gifts To 600 Corps Members For Serving In Troubled Borno by ElekeNtioba: 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
I think say na better gift sef....10k for dodging bomb

The abokì is too cheap.
Re: Shettima Gives Parting Gifts To 600 Corps Members For Serving In Troubled Borno by inimitkel(m): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
wisehuman156:
Thank Governor! But keep your gift. It's not worth risking My life. Those people displaced from their homes needs it most.
I honestly would not risk my life for any amount

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Stops Payment To N/delta Ex-militants, Students / Photo! CHAD Uncovers Boko Haram Arms Depo. Find Condoms! Libido Enhancing Tablet / #BabaGoSteady Now Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.