Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun (1036 Views)

PDP: Dickson Urges Makarfi To Step Down / Ijaw Leaders Promise To Resolve Militancy Crisis In 30 Days / 'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by HungerBAD: 4:35am On Jul 26, 2015
Bayelsa State governor, Henry Seriake-Dickson has admonished the Ijaw people across the country to cooperate with the federal govern­ment in the task of na­tion building.

Addressing the Ijaw com­munity leaders who paid him a solidarity visit in Abuja where they endorsed his sec­ond term ambition, the Bay­elsa State governor declared that he would not renege in his constitutionally assigned duty to work for security, unity and progress of the country. He enjoined the Ijaw nation to join him to ensure the success of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration, as he noted that

“what was important to us was to move the nation for­ward, no matter what political party produces the leadership at the federal level.”

Dickson further told his visitors: “I enjoin you to work with constituted authority because our country must be safe.

“We are determined to support the federal system because we must be sure that our country is safe. Political parties aside, we must all work for the security of Nigeria; work for security in Bayelsa and work for security in the Niger- Delta.”

Speaking on his endorse­ment by the delegation, gover­nor Dickson said he has start­ed consultations with major stakeholders in the state and would soon address the Ijaw nation whenever he made up his mind on his next step.

“I want to thank you for fol­lowing closely developments back home. When I came on board, I called Bayelsa the Jerusalem of Ijaw nation. I assure you that in our hands, your Jerusalem, your future, will continue to be safe.”

He further appealed to his people to always live in peace in Abuja and wherever they may find themselves.

“I want to appeal to you to continue to be peaceful. Wher­ever you find yourselves, we’re known as a peaceful and law abiding people, so I want you to continue to be peaceful because you are our ambassadors outside Bayelsa State.

“I can tell you that Bayelsa is on course, roads and roads and bridges are going on. Schools and schools are being constructed everyday because the future lies in educating the young people,” he added.

He further restated his com­mitment to work in harmony with the government at the center and continue to work for the peace and prosperity of the nation.

In his remarks, leader of the delegation and Publicity Secretary of the Ijaw Youth Council (Abuja chapter)

Alex Odogu, said they took the decision to endorse gover­nor Dickson for second term, because they were impressed with his performance in office.

“We are here to pay soli­darity visit to our governor and endorse his second term bid in the state. We have seen his performance in the areas of job creation and infra­structural development and would want to encourage him to continue.

“As far as we are con­cerned, we believe that there is no alternative to Seriake- Dickson because we want de­velopment to continue in our state.”

Also speaking, the Chair­man of the Ijaw Students Union (UNIABUJA Chap­ter), Ajube Ejitimi, described the governor as a performer who had turned the state into a huge construction site.

He said: “Our governor has delivered in the last four years and we would want him to continue the developmental strides in the state. We can see a lot of road constructions, in­cluding fly-overs in the state and we won’t want these gains to be reversed.

“We want continuity, we want prosperity, and we want progress.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/support-buhari-dickson-urges-ijaw-leaders/

ADDENDUM: AND THE FINAL HOUSE OF JONATHAN CRUMBLES.

1 Like

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by SQLmastar(m): 4:41am On Jul 26, 2015
Word !
Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by madridguy(m): 4:42am On Jul 26, 2015
Dear Henry Seriake-Dickson, may you live long in good state of mind and health. You're one in million, you're the Mandela of the Ijaw people. I hope the Ijaw youth will heed to your advise. Going back to the creek will never settle anything its will only drag the region back to dark age. No investor will come to a war zone to invest his/her money. I hope the baboon in the North east too will stop sucking innocent blood for no reason. The Ijaw Youth must distance itself from every selfish politician who has their children in a sane environment and only to encourage you to go to the creek for his own interest. I repeat, if the likes of Tombolo, asari dokubo and other big boss over there were truly fighting for Ijaw masses I am very sure the region by now will not be complaining of lack of good water, good roads, health facility and other social amenities. Asari and his cohort should stop deceiving the Ijaw youth. If you love your people, why do you take your investment to Cotonou ? This is the best question we youth need to start asking our politician. The ex deputy governor of Lagos State Adejoke Adefulore Orelope is a living example. We the people of Alimosho local government complained for being marginalised despite the fact that we produced the highest vote in any election in Lagos State. The leaders of the State accepted to look at our side by giving the deputy slot to her, we are happy that this will add value to our community only for Adejoke to abscond with her mother and other key family members to VI/Ikoyi. The Ijaw youth must hold their leaders responsible for the present situation of the region.

4 Likes

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Rose2014: 4:43am On Jul 26, 2015
How do you support someone who already made it clear to you(on an international interview) that it's politically fair for him to marginalize you? He couldn't even hide his bigotry for some minutes interview cheesy

In a sane society, this is enough goof for Buhari to resign but instead he's making attempts to deny what is already caught in an international video.
Just imagine If this type of statement accidentally comes from a US president for instance. Chei shocked shocked, it wouldn't matter how good that president is or has been, he would've resigned by now.

Poor Adesina, he has tried n tried to bend it to sound ok but those words are so wrong that the more they try to bend it, the worse it sounds.
Buhari should just apologize and resign

Such a shame.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by SQLmastar(m): 4:56am On Jul 26, 2015
Rose2014:
How do you support someone who already made it clear to you(on an international interview) that it's politically fair for him to marginalize you? He couldn't even hide his bigotry for some minutes interview

Such a shame
A mature mind, filled with love looks beyond bigotry and hate speech.
2Wrongs don't make wright

3 Likes

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Tallesty1(m): 4:57am On Jul 26, 2015
Rose2014:
How do you support someone who already made it clear to you(on an international interview) that it's politically fair for him to marginalize you? He couldn't even hide his bigotry for some minutes interview cheesy

In a sane society, this is enough goof for Buhari to resign but instead he's making attempts to deny what is already caught in an international video.
Just imagine If this type of statement accidentally comes from a US president for instance. Chei shocked shocked, it wouldn't matter how good that president is or has been, he would've resigned by now.

Poor Adesina, he has tried n tried to bend it to sound ok but those words are so wrong that the more they try to bend it, the worse it sounds.

Such a shame.

5 Likes

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Rose2014: 4:57am On Jul 26, 2015
SQLmastar:

Btw me and a 72 year old Buhari, who's supposed to have a mature mind?

If he took this your advise, he won't be looking for those that didn't vote for him to marginalize

Such a disgrace. And it's on a live video accessible to the world.

The bible is a complete book indeed

'Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks'. Luke 6:45

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by egift(m): 5:02am On Jul 26, 2015
A word is enough for the wise. The Youths can either give Buhari more time to fix the mess Jonathan left behind in Nigeria. Or turn their communities to a war zone by following criminals who are only after their stomach.

God bless the good people of Niger Delta, President Buhari and the whole of Nigeria. It shall be well.

3 Likes

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by egift(m): 5:07am On Jul 26, 2015
[s]
Rose2014:

Such a shame.
[/s]

Will you shut up that hole in your face. Chor, chor, chor - all the time. You irrelevant in the scheme of things in the Niger Delta. President Buhari will do all within his power as President to develop the South South. Your rants have no bearing on the programmes ahead.

Niger Delta will be developed - there will be no war. God bless President Buhari.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Rose2014: 5:10am On Jul 26, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

Will you shut up that hole in your face. Chor, chor, chor - all the time. You irrelevant in the scheme of things in the Niger Delta. President Buhari will do all within his power as President to develop the South South. Your rants have no bearing on the programmes ahead.

Niger Delta will be developed - there will be no war. God bless President Buhari.

Who is fighting with you if I may ask. I'm only repeating what Buhari said with his own mouth.
There's no journalist to blame on this one if not they would've blamed it on typo but no He said this one 'live and direct' so don't speak for him.

Buhari is old enough to speak for himself and he already did. Even Adesina couldn't do much with those statements cos they've come out already

Again don't speak for him.
Take care

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 26, 2015
undecided
Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by kunlexy1759(m): 5:29am On Jul 26, 2015
I wish we all support dis government @ d centre and 4get abt d political differences. God Bless NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by eleko1: 5:45am On Jul 26, 2015
Lobatan!Hope those miserable pest give peace a chance.Temitemi1,BarcanisaTAN,Anonimi,Oremumu.U Pest shud sheath una sword and support FG wink
Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Burger01(m): 5:52am On Jul 26, 2015
[s]
Rose2014:

Such a shame.
[/s]Oh please keep quiet. You don't know more than your elders. Simply stop wailing and support your president in building the nation. Is tha too much for you to grapple with? Na your type dey make noise online. Keep quiet jaresad

2 Likes

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Burger01(m): 5:55am On Jul 26, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

Don't mind the evil wailer...always spewing rubbish.smiley

2 Likes

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by amnesty7: 6:04am On Jul 26, 2015
Common sense: since their collective votes proved insignificant against the man, is it not better to cooperate and bring about positive things instead of hate? By the way, the man proved that hater's hating is of the ladders he used to climb to the Presidency.
Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Sweetguy25: 6:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Buhari doesn't seem to look like a president that is worth supporting, especially by the Niger Delta people.

2 Likes

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by omowolewa: 6:33am On Jul 26, 2015
God, may my wife be peaceloving, pleasant and objective.
Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by omenka(m): 6:37am On Jul 26, 2015
madridguy:
Dear Henry Seriake-Dickson, may you live long in good state of mind and health. You're one in million, you're the Mandela of the Ijaw people. I hope the Ijaw youth will heed to your advise. Going back to the creek will never settle anything its will only drag the region back to dark age. No investor will come to a war zone to invest his/her money. I hope the baboon in the North east too will stop sucking innocent blood for no reason. The Ijaw Youth must distance itself from every selfish politician who has their children in a sane environment and only to encourage you to go to the creek for his own interest. I repeat, if the likes of Tombolo, asari dokubo and other big boss over there were truly fighting for Ijaw masses I am very sure the region by now will not be complaining of lack of good water, good roads, health facility and other social amenities. Asari and his cohort should stop deceiving the Ijaw youth. If you love your people, why do you take your investment to Cotonou ? This is the best question we youth need to start asking our politician. The ex deputy governor of Lagos State Adejoke Adefulore Orelope is a living example. We the people of Alimosho local government complained for being marginalised despite the fact that we produced the highest vote in any election in Lagos State. The leaders of the State accepted to look at our side by giving the deputy slot to her, we are happy that this will add value to our community only for Adejoke to abscond with her mother and other key family members to VI/Ikoyi. The Ijaw youth must hold their leaders responsible for the present situation of the region.
Your post makes a lot of sense, but for the bolded, I see "them" coming for your head! cheesy
Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by omenka(m): 6:41am On Jul 26, 2015
Rose2014:

Such a shame.
Such redundant hypocrites. When the jesus of Otuoke told the world the igbos are the backbone of his admin, even though every region voted for him, how many of you came here to type trash??

Mtscheew.

2 Likes

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by omenka(m): 6:47am On Jul 26, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

You know, in Nairaland culture, the shortest route to fame is being as bigoted as possible, throwing the vilest of insults and constantly sounding unimaginably stupid. When you do, you get the most likes and become popular overnight because the forum is replete with such idiots.

I have seen three consistently very useless commentators in the past one week. They are being noticed and that is why they feel rewarded for their folly. I really can't blame them.

1 Like

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by madridguy(m): 6:53am On Jul 26, 2015
But the truth has been said.

omenka:
Your post makes a lot of sense, but for the bolded, I see "them" coming for your head! cheesy
Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by anonimi: 7:18am On Jul 26, 2015
eleko1:
Lobatan!Hope those miserable pest give peace a chance.Temitemi1,BarcanisaTAN,Anonimi,Oremumu.U Pest shud sheath una sword and support FG wink

I support MY government at the federal level, therefore I scrutinise it to make it work better for ME. Do you understand that

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2090179_buharinopower_jpeg076a5ac049bdb0d76435be4901421bce
Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Demmocrats(m): 7:21am On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by francizy(m): 7:45am On Jul 26, 2015
SQLmastar:

This your words will serve Buhari and all APC bigots on Nairaland and beyond..
Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by francizy(m): 7:51am On Jul 26, 2015
See them, preaching useless peace and trying to gather support from the Ijaw people. When they tagged them reckless drunks and fishermen, they didn't know kwo. When their PMB clearly stated he will marginalize the SS/SE, they didn't know kwo. This Dickson is nothing but a "pocket politician" seeking for his own share just like Nairaland APC supporters, that's why he wants his people to suffer and smile. Well, the fact his, Buhari must liberate the Niger Delta, or else they will make his government crumble, because unlike my Biafran brothers, the Ijaw nation/SS are full of action! cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 26, 2015
francizy:
See them, preaching useless peace and trying to gather support from the Ijaw people. When they tagged them reckless drunks and fishermen, they didn't know kwo. When their PMB clearly stated he will marginalize the SS/SE, they didn't know kwo. This Dickson is nothing but a "pocket politician" seeking for his own share just like Nairaland APC supporters, that's why he wants his people to suffer and smile. Well, the fact his, Buhari must liberate the Niger Delta, or else they will make his government crumble, because unlike my Biafran brothers, the Ijaw nation/SS are full of action! cheesy grin

grin grin cheesy..Seriake knows too well that we don't do cheap talks. We almost always back our talks with appropriate actions. We're a peace loving people but won't tolerate oppression.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by francizy(m): 8:05am On Jul 26, 2015
dearpreye:

grin grin cheesy..Seriake knows too well that we don't do cheap talks. We almost always back our talks with appropriate actions. We're a peace loving people but won't tolerate oppression.

Hehehehe, na to just dey make plans to go village go farm in case Buhari goof again say him go marginalize SS/SE, because I know that by then, SS people go show am shege and the economic activities will halt. What's next? Agriculture! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 26, 2015
francizy:

Hehehehe, na to just dey make plans to go village go farm in case Buhari goof again say him go marginalize SS/SE, because I know that by then, SS people go show am shege and the economic activities will halt. What's next? Agriculture! cheesy

Bro, he didn't goof; it wasn't a mistake. He simply voiced his convictions. He simply stated his natural inclination. A bigoted and ethnic fellow like him isn't supposed to be managing the affairs of a multi culture nation like ours. He's only for to manage an Islamic Republic .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by francizy(m): 8:27am On Jul 26, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, he didn't goof; it wasn't a mistake. He simply voiced his convictions. He simply stated his natural inclination. A bigoted and ethnic fellow like him isn't supposed to be managing the affairs of a multi culture nation like ours. He's only for to manage an Islamic Republic .

Hehehehe, the goof I meant here is not the mistake type bro. The goof as him exposing who he really is in public and worst still, in a foreign country!

After reading about 1984/85 and Buhari's 2000 till 2014 activities, I had no option but to conclude that he's an irredeemable bigot. Alas he's proven my instincts didn't lie to me by making Fulanized and Hausanized political appointments so far and has been vindictive in all his actions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 26, 2015
francizy:

Hehehehe, the goof I meant here is not the mistake type bro. The goof as him exposing who he really is in public and worst still, in a foreign country!

After reading about 1984/85 and Buhari's 2000 till 2014 activities, I had no option but to conclude that he's an irredeemable bigot. Thank God he's proven my instincts didn't lie to me by making Fulanized and Hausanized political appointments so far and has been vindictive in all his actions.

Facts don't lie.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Support Buhari, Dickson Urges Ijaw Leaders- Daily Sun by Rose2014: 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
omenka:
Such redundant hypocrites. When the jesus of Otuoke told the world the igbos are the backbone of his admin, even though every region voted for him, how many of you came here to type trash??

Mtscheew.

Of course you won't see that those two are not the same.
Some of these APC illiterates never seem to amaze me. How can 'Thanking a region equal saying you'll marginalize another region' for not voting for you?
Have Buhari ever seen a country where everybody vote for one man

For making such a disgraceful statement, Buhari should just apologize and resign

(1) (Reply)

Fashola's Website Upgraded With N78 Million Naira / When Borrow From Your Wife To Bet On Arsenal Match / Senate Orders Probe Of Billions Spent Under Obasanjo, Jonathan On Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.