Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,522 members, 7,836,995 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Do You Beileve In Free-will? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Beileve In Free-will? (688 Views)

Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all / The Fallacy Of "Free Will" / Where In The Bible Does It Say We Have Free Will ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Beileve In Free-will? by jaleyne: 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2009
i think that in life a lot of what we see is cause and effect.

i think that there are reasons that we all do the thinks that we do.
there are even reasons why some people steal and kill others.

i hurts my heart so badly when i hear people talk negatively about african nations. because i believe that there are reasons for everything and that people just like animals and rocks and trees all respond to the causes around us.

i believe that every one of our actions is a response.

my question to you is do you believe in cause and effect or do you think that humans have free will?

if you do believe in free will please explain it to me tongue
Re: Do You Beileve In Free-will? by KAG: 4:31am On Mar 12, 2009
What is free will and why is it in opposition to "cause and effect"?

We may of necessity have to accept that not every effect has a cause, nor every "cause" an effect
Re: Do You Beileve In Free-will? by jaleyne: 11:06am On Mar 12, 2009
free will is the concept of choice being independent of things which we can not control,

its a concept the bible talks of

it contradicts cause and effect as if there is free will there is no cause behind each of our actions.
Re: Do You Beileve In Free-will? by PastorAIO: 11:24am On Mar 12, 2009
jaleyne:

free will is the concept of choice being independent of things which we can not control,

its a concept the bible talks of

it contradicts cause and effect as if there is free will there is no cause behind each of our actions.

If you are asking if it is possible that human behaviour can be completely spontaneous then I would say yes, I believe it can.

But the subject is even more subtle than that. It may be spontaneous from the point of view of an isolated system, ie that there is no prior cause that can be found within the isolated system however there can be a cause from outside the system (which would of course mean that the system is no longer isolated).

For example a natural order which can then be impinged upon from without, from what can probably be best described as the supernatural.

(1) (Reply)

Rape Row Sparks Excommunications From The Catholic Church / True God - the God of Bible(Jesus): which other God can stand this test?? / Bible Maths.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.