Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals (792 Views)

African Migrant Caught Hiding In Car's Engine In Attempt To Enter Spain(photo) / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals by Skywalker5(m): 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2009
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20090304/tuk-oukoe-uk-britain-mexican-fa6b408.html

A Mexican national who told airport immigration he was visiting Britain to see a friend was swiftly deported after a search unearthed a good-luck card in his luggage wishing him well for his "new life in the UK." Skip related content

Border Agency officers at Manchester Airport routinely stopped the 40-year-old chef after he arrived on a flight from Los Angeles last Friday.

The man told them he was on a short trip to see a friend who was opening a restaurant in the area.

"However, a search of the passenger's baggage revealed a huge collection of Mexican food recipes and a good-luck card from his church wishing him well for his 'new life in the UK,'" the agency said in a statement.

The man later admitted he had intended to work at the restaurant illegally and had planned to bring his family over from America if he liked it.

He was deported the next day.

"We will not tolerate people coming here to work illegally," the agency said. "People wanting to visit the UK must play by the rules. Those who do not are sent back."

I did not believe this stuff when i heard it. Thats mean people with student visa having CV in thier luggage could be deported?

Omo Make person dey shine thier eyes be that oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals by Heinz(m): 12:29am On Mar 05, 2009
Chei see falling of hand! watch your back
Re: Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals by Pataki: 1:31am On Mar 05, 2009
Sky-walker:

I did not believe this stuff when i heard it. Thats mean people with student visa having CV in thier luggage could be deported?

Omo Make person dey shine thier eyes be that oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
How can a student entering the UK with his CV in his luggage be deported? Even when some schools request for CV as part of their application process? The case you are drawing out is different from the case of the Mexican man. The Mexican man entered the UK on a visit with ulterior intentions. They are two different cases.

Oh well undecided
Re: Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals by Skywalker5(m): 1:32am On Mar 05, 2009
Pataki:

How can a student entering the UK with his CV in his luggage be deported? Even when some schools request for CV as part of their application process? The case you are drawing out is different from the case of the Mexican man. The Mexican man entered the UK on a visit with ulterior intentions. They are two different cases.

Oh well undecided

I hope so sha.Just my thought
Re: Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals by tpia: 7:13am On Mar 05, 2009
some Mexicans are moving to the UK from the US?

wow- this is worrying news.
Re: Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals by maedan(f): 8:39am On Mar 05, 2009
^^^^ exactly. Imagine someone with a choice deciding to live n work in the UK - and illegally. Sign 'o' the times. cheesy
Re: Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals by Lagosboy: 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2009
See f*ck up na wah o. If na naija guy dem go say dem winch for im village follow am reach UK be dat o grin grin
Re: Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals by MrCrackles(m): 2:30pm On Mar 05, 2009
What a way to rumble someone! smiley
Re: Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 05, 2009
That's is funny but , i just dnt know wat to say
Re: Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals by VOR(m): 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2009
Happens all the time people being found out like this. grin

I can tell you a million stories about when I used to work at the border.
For example there was the case of a South African who had a new passport
and claimed he had never visited the UK before. We checked his luggage including
a wallet and guess what we found, a London underground photo pass belonging
to him. He was on the next plane home. cry cry
Re: Immigrant's Attempt To Enter Uk Ruined By Pals by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2009
LOL!!!

LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I come grin

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Beach / Does Anybody Know A Cheap And Good Hotel In Lagos / Consular Officer, United States Embassy Answer Your Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.