Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible (5850 Views)

12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church / 5 Interesting And Shocking Facts About Sunday For Christians / The Truth About The New International Version (NIV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING NEWS! ALL MUST
KNOW!
If you own a New International Version
(NIV)
Did you know that it was written by
Zondervan and
they are OWNED by Harper Collins, who also
publish
the The Satanic Bible, and The Joy of Gay
Sex.
NIV has removed 64,575 words from the
Bible
including Jehovah, Calvary, Holy Ghost and
omnipotent to name but a few...
NIV has also removed 45 complete verses.
Most of us
have the Bible on our phones.
Try and find these
scriptures under NIV on your phone right
now if you
don't believe me:
Matthew 17:21
Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by
prayer and
fasting.
Matthew 18:11
For the Son of man is come to save that
which was
lost.
Matthew 23:14
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees,
hypocrites! for
ye devour widows' houses, and for a
pretence make
long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the
greater
damnation.
Mark 7:16
If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
Mark 9:44
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is
not
quenched.
Mark 9:46
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is
not
quenched.
Luke 17:36
Two men shall be in the field; the one shall
be taken,
and the other left.
Luke 23:17
(For of necessity he must release one unto
them at
the feast.)
John 5:4
For an angel went down at a certain season
into the
pool, and troubled the water: whosoever
then first
after the troubling of the water stepped in
was made
whole of whatsoever disease he had.
Acts 8:37
And Philip said, If thou believest with all
thine heart,
thou mayest. And he answered and said, I
believe
that Jesus Christ is the Son of God
You will not believe your eyes. These verses
are not
in NIV bible!!!
Let's not forget what the Word says in John
10:10
# KingJamesVersio n
A friend just sent the above to me. It has to
be
shared!
I sent this to you all because the NIV is the
common
version used in Seminaries, Bible Colleges or
Schools. Theologians will tell you this
version is more
authentic. Hmmm, Jesus is Lord!
Culled from Eniola Joseph
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Samfigo1(m): 8:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
NIV? We don't use any other version besides King James Version in my church.
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by oyesiju(m): 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
This is true ooo,my friend is victim of matt.17:21,just like joke that day when he told that this verse is not in his bible.
Satanic devices must be EXPOSE.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by dedos(m): 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
Kini efa ninu eje...both NIV and KJV no b d same mama born dem.
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
cc Lalasticlala. ....abeg help the christains here
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
Guys how much is KJV?
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
dedos:
Kini efa ninu eje...both NIV and KJV no b d same mama born dem.
No be the same mama
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by AirstarKane(f): 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
Wow shocked just check 10ks op will further check. It is well. Let's be wise.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
oyesiju:
This is true ooo,my friend is victim of matt.17:21,just like joke that day when he told that this verse is not in his bible.
Satanic devices must be EXPOSE.
its weird i remember a day we were reading from the book of matt and i couldnt find a verse, i thought it was a mistake not until today

1 Like

Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by AirstarKane(f): 9:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
They can remove it from the paper but God has them written in our hearts with the help of the holyspirit. 10ks op : it's the end time expect more.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
I just heard this evening thinking it was one of these annoying whatsapp messages, went online only to find out its true. If the foundation be shaken what can the righteous do?

www.jesus-is-lord.com/nivdelet.htm
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 12:00am On Jul 05, 2015
Samfigo1:
NIV? We don't use any other version besides King James Version in my church.

I wish every church could adopt that. I recall telling a group of people that it's either my KJV or no other version, someone said "but you might find your revelation in other translations". I was like huh? KJV was written almost 5 centuries ago when I'm sure no other version(s) existed, would you now say they couldn't get revelation because of that? Sad!

KJV till I 'sleep'.
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by dubylhover(m): 12:24am On Jul 05, 2015
as for me and my family,na king james get us ooo..all dx other versions are nothing but trouble
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Guys how much is KJV?
kjv is equally worse.
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 05, 2015
juicee1:
kjv is equally worse.
Not at all.....you use strong concordance with it.. mind me asking how?
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
Happy Sundays y'll. I actually use NLT version, i really love this bible because of its very easy to understand in a lame man way when compare with KJV. But i was also shocked to discover that those verse omitted in NIV was also omitted in NLT. I got no choice now than to port to KJV.

I hope the mod move this to FP

cc Lalasticlala. Seun
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
I'll suggest that KJV should be the 'number one' bible that we christians use then some other versions can be used for further understanding if needed. I think amplified is still okay though, but KJV should be every christian's property!

I don't just get how Matt 17:21 "howbeit, this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting" can be deliberately omitted if it's not a scheme of the devil. If people don't know they are to pray and fast to cast out devils, demon possessed people go just dey pounce on them anyhow if them wan follow them pray. Lol.
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Samzzy94(m): 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
Infact am so shocked, i don't know what to say....This information has been on the net since,but am just hearing of it now....The most painful part is that our church use Niv like as if it is the best version.......

It's only God dat can protect his people frm dis evil days ooo
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by damilareoye: 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
Some facts are really shocking.
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by jimino(m): 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
Thank you op. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
Good one op.

It's always advisable to arm oneself with the King James Version. As much as I love me my Message and Amplified translations, I would always have my King James Version when I need to see the direct translation from Hebrew/Greek.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by PROPHETmichael: 11:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:
cc Lalasticlala. ....abeg help the christains here

that guy is a muslim, he's quick to fp muslim related topic

1 Like

Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by doofanc: 12:42am On Jul 06, 2015
You guys are funny. Do you know how the KJV was obtained in the first place? Obviously not, going by the comments of needless hysteria I'm seeing.

Firstly, The Bible as we have it today was not written in English. It had to be translated from the available manuscripts by humans - who were not infallible - like you and I.

Secondly, the original manuscripts penned by the authors of the various chapters were no longer available to the translators. The texts used by the KJV translators were the ones copied by scribes from the original. It should be noted that during Biblical times, there were no printing press available: in order to make another copy, it had to be hand written. One cannot discount the possibility of minor transcriptional errors in the process.

With the publication of the KJV, more manuscripts (eg, Codex sinaticus), some of which have been found to be older and more reliable than the texts used by the KJV translators, were discovered. In some of these manuscripts, some passages--eg those highlighted above by OP--were either not found or were rendered slightly differently. This led some scholars questioning the credibility of some of those verses i.e. the possibility that they deliberately/mistakenly inserted during transcription.

To their credit though, I know NLT (not too sure of NIV) usually includes footnotes at the bottom of the pages that explain the missing verses.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by resultcase(m): 3:43am On Jul 06, 2015
PROPHETmichael:

that guy is a muslim, he's quick to fp muslim related topic
Always trying to be controversial! Must u bring "Muslim" into this?
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by wtfCode: 4:07am On Jul 06, 2015
why diz no make frontpage nah? angry
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hello all. I copied this from a group where I brought up this topic.

1. I did my research on the Zondervan thingy and here's what I got-

Zondervan is a Christian publishing company. It was later bought by Harper Collins in 1988,long long after they had published versions of the Bible as the Amplified and NIV versions. Zondervan became an imprint of Harper Collins, i.e a publishing company under a bigger publishing company.
So do we blame Zondervan, who probably was going under before a bigger company owned by an unbeliever came in and bought it off It's pure business! This is why more Christians are needed in big time money and business before even worse things happen...

Harper Collins is not a Christian publishing company. They publish all kind of books ranging from academia to politics and sex. In other words, they have a book for EVERYONE .
Zondervan became the Christian imprint(Christian arm) of Harper Collins after it was bought off in 1988.

There's something about manuscripts and original translations of manuscripts.
I checked out ALL those Scriptures, if you look well, you'll see they have keys on them marked with small letters, check those letters on the lower part of that same page and it was clearly stated that some manuscript say this and they refer you to another book and verse were those exact words are written! This majorly happened in the four gospel books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were they all tell the same stories but by different people hence different accounts from different perspectives!
This is why it is advisable you don't study with only one translation. Use many translations to get the account from different perspectives.
Haven't you heard also that the Message version sometimes over-extends a verse that it loses its original meaning for the sake of putting it in plain English? Selah !

Why haven't we complained about some books that were taken out of the good news version.. Or haven't you noticed that some books with strange names in the good news version aren't even in the King James version?

Pls, try to research on controversial topics and not just open Google and read the first review that some guy without indepth knowledge uploads and take it as truth, for the mere reason it's on Google.

2. HERE IS AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM NIV BIBLE PUBLISHERS! PLEASE REBROADCAST AS WIDE AS POSSIBLE TO SHAME THE DEVIL!!!

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for checking on this before forwarding such false and misleading statements. It is good to see a Christian who uses their mind before simply believing such nonsense.

These statements are false and silly and promoted either by those who don't know any better or who are intentionally trying to mislead. They have been promoted by some people for the last 40 years or so, but were refuted by good conservative scholars from the very beginning.

First, the NIV does not remove ANY verses. Instead, like all good Bible translations, the NIV omits statements that were added later and WERE NOT PART OF THE ORIGINAL TEXT. When the KJV was translated, the translators had only a few manuscripts of the New Testament available to them and these were very late (mostly from the Middle Ages). We now have hundreds of earlier and more reliable manuscripts. Scholars today recognize that we have a Greek text today that is much closer to the original than the KJV translators had available to them. So all modern versions (except the NKJV) use these older manuscripts. Even the NKJV puts the better readings in the footnotes (look for the abbreviation NU, which refers to the earlier and better manuscripts).

Remember that the original books of the Bible had no chapter or verse divisions. These were added later. So to say that there are "verses" missing is wrong. What are "missing" are phrases or sentences that were added by later scribes and were not part of the original text. The NIV, like all modern versions, seeks to preserve what was originally there. Read the Preface to the NIV and some of this is explained.

As far as the homosexual statement is concerned, this is simply false. None of the translators of the NIV were homosexuals (or Satanists!). All were conservative evangelical Christians fully committed to the inspiration and inerrancy of the text. For the names of the present and past committee members, see

http://www.biblica.com/en-us/the-niv-bible/meet-the-translators/
http://www.bible-researcher.com/niv-translators.html

Just check passages on homosexuality in the NIV and you will see that the NIV is not "soft" on homosexuality. Here are the main passages:

Lev. 18:22 “ ‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Lev. 20:13 “ ‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Rom. 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1Cor. 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1Tim. 1:9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

So you see, these accusations are false and slanderous. It is a shame that many Christians are out to attack others rather than to promote the good news.

Thanks again for your question.

Blessings,

Mark Strauss.

So, it's left to us.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by Akposb(m): 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
@4rmguest2member, thanks for the research, didn't share it when I got it as a whatsapp message.
Re: Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About The New International Version Bible by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
Akposb:
@4rmguest2member, thanks for the research, didn't share it when I got it as a whatsapp message.

It's a pleasure Sir. smiley

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Commandment For Christians / Daily Devotional / Did Jesus Drink Alcohol?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.