Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,622 members, 7,813,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Daily Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional (5853 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/09/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/07/17 / Daily Devotional. In Grace By Grace For Grace. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
Disobedience is what the devil did to God and that's why God cannot stand it. So when you start to obey God, you start to walk in the light and he turns his attention to you.
So remember, you aren’t the only stubborn person in town, just make sure you are not the only one that doesn’t make their destiny because of it... Be who God wants you to be.
Prayer: 1 Samuel 15 v 22-28 Holy Spirit help me to be more obedient, change me so my rebellious ways do not keep me from opening my heart and coming to you, let me make my destiny through obedience in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
There is no contest when it comes to coming to God, you are either all in or out. If you are not ready to put your all into a relationship with him, stay on the worldly lane, and for those who think you can play a fast one and as soon as you get what you want you stop worshipping, news flash! He already knew you were going to play that stunt, but he hoped you'd change. If you're going to continue playing that kind of game, keep on, if you're done with games, start by asking for forgiveness and really mean it through repentance. Other than blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, what can you do that God cannot forgive? Remember he is not man but God and he is full of mercy.
Prayer: Psalms 51 Father I come with the knowledge of all my wrong and I ask that you forgive me for my sins, I repent and ask the Holy Spirit to help and teach me to stay away from past and any present sin as you are the only one that can do it for me in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
Ok, so we've all heard the saying about when you repeat the same process over and over again, and are expecting a different result, you are then shocked when the same thing comes back at you. If you feel you are so in charge and can run things, how come you can't figure out how to change the results of your situation? Why don't you let King Jesus take charge, but you have to give it to him totally and step back for him to do it. Jeremiah 29 v 11 Lord, let your will be done for my life in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
Now you think you are the only one with problems, pull up a chair and ask somebody how their life is going and you'll thank God for yours. Am not saying your problems are small, but trust me somebody has bigger problems than you right now.
Spoke to a friend the other day somewhere in Nigeria and he was complaining about not getting regular electricity, water and gasoline, so I told him about a documentary program I watched on TV about a woman somewhere in India, where this woman had a severely disabled child and because of the lack of water, it was cheaper for her to buy second hand clothes to change the daughter regularly than to buy water to wash the clothes - as water was liquid gold there. He was quiet for a moment and came back with “we aren't as bad as India yet”.
2 kings 4 v32-36, Jeremiah 32 v 17. So quit feeling sorry for yourself, read these scriptures, believe them and start declaring that God is in control of your case and he has sorted it out for you in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
There are certain things in our lives that dampens our trust which leads to faith, they affect us and set us back with unbelief. It is very easy to say “have faith”, but your spirit has to come to the point of belief and it is until you begin to believe then your trust and faith becomes unquestionable as you know anything you ask for is settled Psalms 119 v 89. This can stem from childhood abuse which starts innocently where your supposed favorite uncle always carries you on a particular spot on his legs, handle or touch ups by people you trust in authority to waking up with somebody in your bed, especially when you know them and they are not there to sleep and this can be as bad as same sex with you or a close family member. Tell me, who are you going to trust? At the end of the day you feel so beat down to the point where you don't care anymore. If you don't sort it out and take back your life, it'll keep on rearing its ugly head periodically when it feels you are making progress with your life.
We can start by reading Matthew 6 v 9-14 (focus on 14) confessing and repenting to Jesus then kick the demon out. The demon has come in as the hedge was open through this abuse or a similar door (yes I know, through no fault of yours, but it is a doorway that harbors anger, fear etc.), it checked out the competition and found out it is the only one in town, so it took the front door off its hinges, sat down in your front room, on your favorite couch and took the TV remote and is now in control of that and other areas of your life, it is a squatter. Get your eviction orders from Jesus Christ and kick it out now.
Father your word about my life is settled as before I was created you already knew me and set me apart, so Holy Spirit I open my heart and forgive everybody who has wronged me so you can forgive me and start to work on me, so I can be healed and made whole in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Benprak(m): 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
Stubbornness has never paid Lord help me daily
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
This is to those that think when you pray and ask God for something once, that's it. So what will they say about people like me that have been asking for years? This is why we have Matthew 7 v 7 when God said ask, seek and knock, I knocked until my knuckle was left on the door and God personally told me to leave him alone as he has done it, so I did.....then came back with thanksgiving and praise, now you can't say I am asking directly now can you. Psalms 69 v 30; Psalms 100 v 4, let’s be grateful to our creator.
Father I cannot praise you enough as words are not enough to glorify you, so I continue to say thank you for my health, thank you for letting me know you Lord, thank you for being my God in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB6I-T3U3Hs
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2016
So when the head honcho tells me I can't get what I asked for and emphatically emphasises not on his watch, I looked at him and said under my breath, you are not the final decision maker and I took it back to my God. Head honcho had better check his watch as all watches have makers where they go for repairs, because he just came up for an emergency repair and my God still reigns as he provided me with ALL my needs. Isaiah 55 v 8-9. Do not let anybody limit you when God has open heavens for you.
Prayer
Father you alone know your plans for me, you alone can make them happen, so I thank you for helping me accomplish them and I ask for knowledge and wisdom so I do not use my own will to obstruct your plans and purpose for me in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 2:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
We can be so easy to get upset and mad at a friend or family member, because we have set such high expectations and relay on them without their knowledge, we even trust them with our valued possession. So when they then disappoint, stab us in the back or don't live up to that set expectation we start to re-evaluate that pedestal we have placed them in anger. Tell me, when did any of us have a serious talk with them to tell them how high we have placed them in the first place and did they agree to be set on that pedestal? Let us remember they are humans just like us and are fallible too, change the pedestal for grass and remember only Jesus reigns supreme, after all he did promise to take care of ALL your needs and he is faithful.
Prayer
Philippians 4 v 19 Father I thank you that you have sent the Holy Spirit to be my helper, counsellor, so Holy Spirit teach me to come to you first with all my issues, so I can build a better relationship with you and learn to rely on you more in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
How do you break the ceiling of certain issues in your life? To those that think they don't need deliverance to break these ceilings need to stop smoking that imaginary smokes.
Yes God does answer prayers immediately, but as mentioned, there are certain issues that require deliverance and if you think God will do it when he gets to that part of his To-Do list then good luck with that! It's not all of us that like seeing action - I get that, but to those of us that do, God made provision in the bible and one quick one is in 2 Kings 4 v 1-7 - the first bit tells us about where out of no fault of ours we are put in bondage through ancestral mistakes, thus preventing us from achieving in any area - do you think those boys will ever marry or have kids as slaves? or is it the fact that we are having to beg to feed ourselves when God already said he is our source and provider, then there is the fact that the business, job or opportunity that we have cannot be put in motion due to lack of supernatural backup; then we look at making a success of everything we lay our hands on regardless of how much marketing we do; finally you'll like this one, how about the ability to get our finances in an order where people will be so envious and wonder what you are up to. Now that is the kind of God we serve, stop waiting for him to move, you need to move for him to move.
Prayer
So Lord open my eyes, ears and heart to see, hear and know the things you want me to be aware of so I can live according to your will, let me come into and know my season of breakthrough so I can claim it at the right moment in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 3:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
I will bless the Lord all my days, as the Lord moved Joseph from the prison to the palace Genesis 41 v 14 - 43, as he promoted the Shunammite woman 2 King 8 v 3- 6 where she got back possession of her properties immediately, that is how God has lifted me up. So all of you that feel God has forgotten your case, let me tell you right now that God has not relocated otherwise I'll have his forwarding address to pass on to you. So begin to believe and say it out loud that God has your case and he has done it and if he can pick up Joseph's case and the Shunammite woman's case and turn it around overnight there is nothing in those scriptures that say he will NOT do it for you in Jesus name, Amen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg0KFurCLb4
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 10:24am On Apr 27, 2016
Some people grow up not knowing love or how to love, this is something that was planted from childhood due to one reason or the other. Then we get to adulthood and think we are incapable of loving or been loved ourselves. Now that on its own helps us to destroy meaningful relationships that would have taken us places in life or shaped our lives. We never stop to think that if we're so unimportant and unlovable, why are we still here on earth taking up real prime estate space. Well I'll let you in on a public secret, because God loves us enough to still give us a chance and he trusts us enough to know that we can turn things around if only we'll trust in him, as Jesus Christ has enough love for us to see us through anything and he is a sure thing, Ephesians 5 v 2; that is why he came and died for us. So remind yourself with John 15 v 9-13; 1 John 4 v 7; 1 John 4 v 18-19; 1 Corinthians 13 v 13:
Prayer
Father I open my heart for your love to come in, Jesus remove all the hurt I am feeling, forgive me for harboring anger, resentment and all those other things I feel within myself so that true love can begin to happen in my life. The classic yet still relevant one John 3 v 16, Father thank you for your son Jesus Christ, Amen. Stay blessed and I love you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vNPcmLzlvI
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 1:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
Am sure some of us have been in some kind of situation where our life is spinning out of control just like being stuck in a washing machine and you can't get out because the wash cycle isn't over yet, but you are so desperate to pause it if only to catch your breath, but can't and all the balls you had spinning in the air suddenly drops and like a domino effect, things start to crash in the physical. You start to wonder what happened to your go getter life or I can do attitude? Then frustration and anger starts to set in, finally if you don't know Jesus, you get to the how the heck did I get here stage. Well take a number and join the queue as you are not the only one it's happened to, just make sure you don't wallow in your filth for too long where Jesus will need a heavy duty hose to wash you down as opposed to a garden one....most of use needed the heavy duty hose and am not naming names here.
Prayer
Isaiah 49 v 15-16; Deuteronomy 31 v 6 Father I know I thought I could do it by my own strength and might, I took credit for All you did and gave to me and forgot I did not create myself, I am sorry and now look unto you for compassion, Father forgive me in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
Fear is the opposite of faith, I never clued on to that story until I became a victim myself and I tell you although you try as much as possible to fake it to brave it, you even tell yourself so many times, that you start to convince yourself of that fact. It is what it is, you are as scared as hell. When I eventually got tired of being afraid and decided to get my head out of the sand and then confront this fear, I ended up buying the New King James Bible, New International Version, The Good News Bible Anglicised, then got the bible app that allows me to change from New Living Translation, Message Bible (didn't even know that existed, but hey) and many more to help translate the word where I could not understand what was been written on any version. Look it's all in the word, the word of God will set you free John 8 v 32; John 1 v 1; Ephesians 6 v 17, even if it means reading one verse a day until you are comfortable reading fifty verses, you've got to start by picking up the bible.
Prayer
Father your word is alive and a spirit, so whatever is preventing me or planning to prevent me from staying in your words I come against and arrest it and ask the Holy Spirit to help me with the understanding and focus of your words in Jesus name, Amen. Stay blessed and I love you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-_iEnK8uxE
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2016
Spoke to my cousin the other day, after ringing a few time until she finally picked up and I asked her why she did not pick up or call me back when she saw all my missed calls. She said she had too much crap been tossed around and needed a break from talking to people. Apparently the last person that tipped the boat was her elder brother raining it in on her for something she didn't do and since he wasn't willing to listen to her end of the story, she told him she had to get off the phone as her credit was finished, he then pointed to her that I called you, so you are on the receiving end and are not paying for the call, which she quickly agreed that yes I am on the receiving end and am done receiving crap, then she hung up. How much crap are you still receiving from the devil that you should have been done receiving?
Prayer
Genesis 29 v 25-30: 2 Corinthians 10 v 3-6 Whatever the enemy has cheated me off, is withholding from me and had stolen from me shall be returned back to me with surplus in Jesus mighty name. Holy Spirit I come against and remove myself from every setup, conspiracy and deception planned against me in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 2:45pm On May 01, 2016
How do I move God's hand? I have prayed and am all prayed out, I have decreed and declared even the furniture is avoiding me. Then I remembered a thought or something God told me, which I had conveniently pushed to the back of my mind and periodically it comes and I wonder, what has that got to do with my breakthrough? Until I realised, when God tells you to do something and you don't do it, he patiently waits until you finally come round and get your act together. It’s like an African saying, when a stubborn child disobeys their parents and runs off, the parents says, you'll go and come back to meet me where you left me, waiting for you; because they can't be bothered to chase you down.
So what did God tell you to do that you have not done? As obedience is one of the keys to unlocking God's favour. Sometimes it's not what you are told to do that actually matters, it's the fact that you did it that is key. Joshua 6 v 15-17 can you imagine what Joshua and the Israelites would look like in today's society if they were to carry out such action in public, the unbelievers would term them crazy and the police will definitely be working overtime. When it comes to miracles with God, be prepared to have crazy faith Mark 11 v 23.
Prayer
Father fill me with fresh anointing of faith so I can confidently come to your presence and present my case. Holy Spirit where I have been disobedient, forgive me as I come yet again seeking your face and teach me to be more obedient as that seems to be an issue for me in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-_iEnK8uxE
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 3:14pm On May 02, 2016
When the enemy makes you feel like a breathing corpse in your own body and your wife/ husband starts to think his/ her new pet name is Holy Ghost fire or blood of Jesus, you then understand what God means when he says we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers of darkness etc.
This is when we begin to realise that the word of God is the shield that we use to block and protect ourselves and the same word can be used as a sword to defend ourselves. Aren't you tired of sitting and allowing the devil and his pals to continue to shove pile of crap at you every time, when you can send it back to them nicely packaged? Use the word of God, pick up the crap they shove at you, roll it up nicely and shove it back at them after all your God created the same heaven and earth that they live on, so basically they are encroaching on your territory illegally.

Prayer
Ephesians 6 v 10-18: Romans 8 v 9-11: John 14 v 12 Jesus I belong to you, as you have said I will do even greater things through the power of the Holy Spirit, so I come against every principalities and powers attacking, fighting and obstructing me and I declare myself free in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pD2zIuiC2g
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 2:44pm On May 03, 2016
When I first came into Christ, I did a lot of things because I was going through the motions. I read the bible or fasted, because I was told by a man of God or the other to do so without fully understanding why. So when I got too hungry one day I stopped, because I couldn't see the benefits in the physical. Then I met somebody who fully explained to me the reasons why I should do those things and the benefits, then did I fully get it.
It’s the same as worship, I didn't get that either, not until I joined an evangelical, then a Pentecostal church did I realise that I didn't need to go clubbing or look for parties where they play good music for me to really hit the floor dancing, to put the icing on the cake, I started getting a nice warm, fuzzy feeling whenever I worshipped and not just in church, at home too. You too can get the electric feeling when you truly worship in spirit and truth, but you have to ask God to bring you into the spirit and when he does, let everything go, no hang ups or inhibitions, nothing.
Prayer
John 4 v 23-24 Holy Spirit touch my heart and help me communicate with you better so I can get wisdom and understanding of how to grow spiritually, as it is not by my might, but by your power that I can build a meaningful spiritual relationship with you as I want that Lord, so teach me in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:18am On May 04, 2016
Jesus the conversation stopper: am sure we have all been in places and among worldly people where, when Jesus is mentioned, people get uncomfortable, it's like talking about the most tabooed topic in public. People look at you like you are bunkers and roll their eyes hoping you don't catch them do it. I used to be one of those eye rollers as I always thought, hey I was having fun here before you tried to dampen the conversation with this God matter, now we are going to need a Chris Rock type comedian to salvage this conversation otherwise people in the group start to disperse like cockroaches when the lights come on. Jesus was despised and killed, Isaiah 53 v 3; Acts 4 v 10-11 but the same people when crap hits the fan, start to pray looking for all types of favours from him and even make promises they kind of know they would not keep. So what side are you on?
Prayer
Jesus forgive me where I have rejected or turned my back on you and your words, Father you are the foundation of my life, help me grow in wisdom and knowledge so I can relate better with you spiritually. Holy Spirit remove every reproach in my heart and cleanse me so I can exude your fruits in Jesus name, Amen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPiC6Xcfaz0
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:28am On May 05, 2016
One thing I have always done is praise God, but sometimes when I speak to some people they either forget to thank God, don't see why that is necessary or they say, God knows am grateful all the time. So why is it so difficult to say it out loud? It's just like when we give somebody a hand with something and they walk off after you helped them without a word of gratitude. In the old days I used to tell people off for being ingrates and I remember somebody telling me he did not ask for my help, so I undid whatever I had done for him, I know childish right, but I was ticked off and hey I don't claim to be God. So can you imagine how God must feel every time he blesses us and we walk off enjoying the benefit without so much as a thank you? Don't let God shock you one day by doing what I did.
Praise, thanksgiving and worship are like food to God, plus it annoys and confuses the hell out of the devil. So open your mouth and start praising him as he is worthy to be praised.
Prayer
1 Kings 8 v 56: Psalms 103 v 1-2: Psalms 145 v 3: Hebrew 13 v 15. Lord forgive me where I have not been thankful or forgotten to express my gratitude, Jesus it’s all about you, so I say thank you for everything, thank you for being God, thank you for being my God, thank you for your greatness and mercy in my life in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63jGCosj8p0
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 12:49pm On May 06, 2016
You hear about people filing for bankruptcy, especially stars in America and you start to wonder, if these people can't get their act together financially, what chance does a layman like me have? Although we know it's like a get out of jail card for them, but some people can't even afford the fee to pay for filing the papers, so they are stuck. Knowing Christ, I for one know my finances are not in this world's economy, so when the Holy Spirit tells me to sow a seed, am asking how much, because I know that is a guaranteed way of getting my finances right leading to total financial recovery and breakout Genesis 8 v 20-21; 2 Chronicles 1 v 6-12:
Prayer
Jesus you came to give salvation, which includes financial salvation, so my finances are in God's kingdom Ephesians 5 v 2. Father if there is anything I need to do for you to give me my breakthrough and blessings, show me clearly so I am not confused or miss the signs for me to make an input, as I know I need to participate in the process of my restoration, so I declare and decree financial restoration and freedom in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWVS4I3ZV8
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 5:10pm On May 07, 2016
Serving God puts you in a position where, even if you refuse to humble yourself, God will humble you regardless Daniel 4 v 33. I was telling a friend the other day that there are some people that hurt me so bad ,that despite the fact that am not one of those that keeps malice, I was ready to subscribe to malice keeping forever with them, but even that privilege God didn't allow me. He wouldn't even let me cuss them out, so I had this pent up frustration for as long as I allowed it to fester. I know he said forgive others so you can be forgiven, but they were evil and needed to be cut off, but when God wants you to do something, there is no stopping him, so I had to talk to them and forgive. When God said "love them", I was like Father, Lord, God (I had to be sure all three of them were present, Holy Spirit was God in this instance) you have to help me with that one, because I can't do it and that was the operative word can't, I didn't say wouldn't, remember Nebuchadnezzar.
God wouldn't let me cheat myself from his blessings, that is how merciful he is, so no matter how hurt you feel, give it to God, let him show you how to love again 1 Corinthians 13 v 4-7: 1 Corinthians 13 v 13.
Prayer
I come to you to say Father, Lord, God I cannot do it on my own and I need you to take this hurt and burden away and make me whole. Touch my heart and heal it from this pain and lack of love and help me to love again in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDGTDZlamHI
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:55am On May 08, 2016
It is amazing how people are so oblivious of the fact that, everything that happens in the physical has already been set in the spirit and sometimes the spirit comes to meet you in the physical. When we hear voices, footsteps or feel a presence around us, that is one such time, but some of us are so out of touch that we don't even notice or are not clued on to realise it. For those that are aware, they use their authority, while some escape through the skin of their teeth and with physical marks, injuries, illnesses or death to show for it.
Do you know your authority and how to use it? Luke 10 v 19: Don't let any toothless, ramshackle demon, evil spirits or even the devil himself try and unseat you in your own Father’s house, Jesus did not die for three days, go to hell to fight the devil, collect the keys and give it to us for us to still be looking for the keyhole and I don’t care if it’s in the dark either Matthew 16 v 19: use your authority and stop having restless days and nights.
Prayer
In the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I bind every evil attacks, blockades, flaming arrows, and all evil plots affecting my life here on earth for it to be bound in heaven and I loose every blessings, breakthrough and favours here on earth for it to be loose in heaven in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 11:06am On May 09, 2016
You dreams are a doorway to the spirit world, you can eat in your dream, have sex, go places, be chased and wake up exhausted, be imprisoned, caged, shower, fight, get killed, see running streams of water or rain in the dream or get special invitation to gatherings, where the only food served is raw meat, as a matter of fact everything that can happen in the physical, does happen in dreams and much more Acts 2 v 17. So we have to look at things in the spirit first before discounting it. What are you dreaming about that you are not taking seriously, what is God showing you that you're not getting or focusing on alternatively, what is the devil and his agents doing to you that you cannot control in your dream.
Prayer
Joel 2 v 28-29: Luke 8 v 30. Holy Spirit as my helper and counsellor help me to understand my spiritual situation, the messages of my dream, and how to make an impact in the dreams that I need to change. Help me meditate and apply the word of God so I can actively participate in the spirit realm and not be an onlooker in my own spiritual space and destiny in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSD81hFaIjo
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:58am On May 10, 2016
Some people are worriers, they worry about stuff that they shouldn't be concerned about, and I guess if they don't worry, they wouldn't have anything to do, so worry is their number one priority on their daily to-do list. The funny thing is, these same people worry about stuff they can't control all the time and when it comes to stuff about themselves, that can be controlled, nope they take years making a decision about how to tackle such pressing matter. A friend worries when petrol or grocery prices go up and calls me to tell me to make sure I stock up, and my question to her (unfailingly is) why? What happens when I have to go buy the same product next week or month when I run out? It’s not that I can do without buying the items, so let me pay the high price now, it'll help me get used to the new price change quicker, rather than going to the shop one month later and screaming like a Venezuelan who cannot believe people pay that much for a gallon of petroleum on planet earth. Luke12 v 25-30 when Jesus says he's got you covered, trust him because he does.
Prayer
Proverbs 19 v 21 Father, I thank you for having my back, I thank you that you have taken my worries and fears as all I have to do is trust and believe, so Father where am struggling with giving you charge to take control, faith or unbelief, take control as I now lay everything at your feel and leave it there in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:32am On May 11, 2016
Quite a few people loath men of God for one reason or the other, some even go to the extent of saying what do the men of God know that they don’t know? Ok, so let me chew on this a moment and say God himself said that he will always reveal what he wants to do to his prophets. Amos 3 v 7: That’s why prophets are still relevant in today’s day and age and not until people can figure out their own spiritual issues and do the things required to sort them out, then I think prophets are still relevant.
It must be frustrating when God is trying to talk to us or have a relationship with us and we can’t be bothered or won’t listen to him, so to remove the invincible cotton wool in our ears that is why these men of God still exist, but it doesn’t mean every man of God that claims to be a man of God is a representative of God.
We have to do our research and investigations and yes you too can be a man of God as God calls everybody to participate in one task or the other in the Kingdom, while some like to be persuaded like Jonah’s case where God dragged him kicking and screaming others answer the calling and are then used, but you need to be prepared to do the work.
Prayer
Jonah 1 v 1- 3 & 17: Lord Jesus Christ we ask you to prepare us so we can be receptive to your words, help us focus on you more and less on us so our relationship can be more fulfilling, teach us to do things that reflect the fruits of the Holy Spirit to we can minister to others and win souls for the kingdom of God in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:15am On May 12, 2016
Why do we think God said, I will make you fruitful Genesis 17 v 6: and most people are nowhere near fruit let alone full? When a friend comes to tell you about a deal you know has more what-ifs than anything else and you weigh in on it and you know worst case scenario you might end up in trouble, hurting someone or prison, then that is a no go area. It does matter if the best case scenario promises umpteenth wealth, it is shoddy as junk stocks, walk away. It’s not rocket science, if we are living right God will show us better ways of getting fruitfulness in our lives. We need to follow God's principal on how to live right and not look at stepping on others to get what we want, not hurting or taking advantage of others, so how do we live right and follow God's principal, the fruits of the Holy Spirit.
Prayer
Galatians 5 v 22-23. Holy Spirit touch my heart and change me into who you want me to be, let me have your gifts so Christ can be reflected in me, remold and transform me into the person of God that you want me to be even if it means using a chisel to smoothen my rough edges in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISN1NKGM28Y
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:08am On May 13, 2016
To those that feel just because we are Christian we have to take any rubbish or abuse dished out, has not read up to Proverbs 4 v 7 in the bible where God said use wisdom. Ok I know in some situations I have to be more Christ like, but while am still work-in-progress I had to tell somebody off. Getting a trolley from the supermarket the other day and as I was walking backwards out of the trolley shed, I bumped into this lady who saw me coming, but couldn't be bothered to wait. Then she had the nerve to tell me off for not looking, meanwhile another person had the common sense to wait. So I told her she could have waited since she knew I wasn't looking or didn't see her and walked off leaving her to rant to herself. Ok so I should have been more careful, but my thoughts were elsewhere, but it doesn't mean such a minor incident should be turned into a street fight. This is how the devil likes to get us in trouble by making us flip and revert back to our old self – flesh, Colossians 3 v 9-19: despite all the hard work God has been doing in our lives. We are actively responsible for reaching our destiny, the enemy has no power unless we give it to them.
Prayer
Romans 8 v 2-3: Holy Spirit I come right now for you to keep me focus on Christ Jesus as he is the only one that can set me free from the law of sin and death, so change me and keep me on the right path, any distractions, deviation and blockages preventing me from staying on the road to Jesus, I break them now in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp6DO6qo5NI
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 10:13am On May 14, 2016
Fear is the opposite of faith, when we fear all confidence and beliefs are eroded leaving us with anguish, anxiety and worry even when we don’t want to feel like that. We look onto God to bring us to a place of rest and belief.
Prayer
Isaiah 41 v 10-14. Lord I thank you that I don’t have to depend on myself or draw strength from myself as I have you to fall back on, you have been a constant force in my life despite all that I am going through, so Father thank you for upholding and strengthening me, thank you for your justice and compensation against the enemy, thank you for leading me through and bringing me to a place of peace and victory in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLrWtANeze8
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:46am On May 15, 2016
I remember when I was in the world, I was a big giver, as soon as I get a large sum, I start thinking of who to share it with, and as I gave, I got more, but I never paid tithes always thought the churches had enough or the men of God would use my money unscrupulously. When I got saved and became a true Christian that changed. I watch people saying you have to give to break the circle of poverty, sow a seed etc. I use to say these beggars have started again, it wasn't until I listened to a well-known man of God who said, there are principles for all situations and if you do not follow the laws linked to the principles, you will not get results. So I checked out the bible where the word stated these principles and saw that for evil spirits, demonic attacks etc., it's fasting and prayers, Matthew 17 v 21 (KJV or NKJV) for poverty it's giving, that's why we have thanksgiving, offering, first fruits, tithes etc. Genesis 8 v 22: Isaiah 55 v 10: as we need a point of contact with God for the issue to be handed over. Then I remembered what used to happen when I used to give in those days I didn't even use to pray for the abundance, but just by my actions I use to get double back, literally. Can you imagine now that I am born again and my money is now in God’s economy? I am expecting hundred folds even if God is to backdate my giving.
Prayer
Father where I have grudgingly given to you, please forgive me as I turn a new leaf. Holy Spirit soften my heart so I can begin to give freely from now on. Lord you have come through for me before when I didn’t even know you and I know now that am a child of God and everything about me is in the kingdom of God, I know all my finances are covered as I expect a release in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDC7NeVfc30
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:19am On May 16, 2016
Being or staying in the spirit. Am sure we have been in some religious gathering or churches when we are told to be or stay in the spirit and we don't have the foggiest idea what we were expected to do. I for one was thinking how do I get out of this body and jump into the spirit, yet I want to be in the spirit to experience worshiping with Jesus John 4 v 24: so how can I? It was later I realised it’s through reading and meditating on the word of God. Am sure there are some people that are gifted to get the discerning spirit, ability to see and get into the spirit easily, but for the rest of us, how do we get and stay in the spirit?
We get into the spirit through preparation and this is by reading and knowing the word of God, focusing on the things of God, allowing God to change us, which in turn brings obedience and reflects the fruits of the Holy Spirit Galatians 5 v 22-23: This helps us build our spiritual relationship with God and the communication between us and God is established and strengthened. Continuous reading of the word of God and finding out how to please God increases your spiritual level and this enables you get into and stay in the spirit. We should all try and get into the spirit so we can stay in the spirit as this is a privilege not to be missed.
Prayer
Holy Spirit I thank you for being my helper and counsellor as I know I can always come to you for direction and help. So Lord teach me how to spend time on the word of God, where I am too busy, not focused or cannot understand the word, cleanse my mind so it will be free and clear to receive your words and rearrange my time so it fits around you Lord and not the other way round in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgTlbXuAgI
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:22am On May 17, 2016
There is a saying that God will not give you more than you can handle. So where you have been beating ourselves thinking your situation is too much, too hard and you can’t cope any longer, wait! Are we looking at it from God's perspective?
If he knows that you can handle it, then he trusts you enough to allow you go through it and if you walk with Christ; he will be with you when you go through the fire or he will take you round the fire, but he will be with you through every step of the way. So what character, attitude, emotions etc. do you need to get or adjust that will enable you come out trumps as he is cheering you on and expecting you to make it through to the very end Psalm 121 v 1-2:
Stop looking at your situation and letting your emotions rule you, swing your eyes back at Jesus and stay focus as he knows you can make it regardless of what the enemy throws at you. Psalm 54 v 4:
Prayer
Father you are my helper as man cannot do anything for me, you are where my help comes, Holy Spirit help me get out of this situation, sustain me mentally so I am strong to carry on and see myself the way you see me. Lord help me to reach the goals you have set for me as I cannot do it by my own strength. Holy Spirit meet me at my point of need and back me up both spiritually and physically in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR5IoWH9OiI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Evidence Of New Life In Jesus / Throwback Photo Of Joseph Ayo Babalola, Founder Of The Christ Apostolic Church / This Is The Commandment For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.