Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ (1110 Views)

The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him / I Regret Ekweremadu’s Emergence – Saraki / Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by shachris02: 7:12am On Jul 05, 2015
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who claimed to be involved in the proj­ect that saw to the emer­gence of Peoples Demo­cratic Party’s, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, as the deputy president of the Senate, has said that Ekweremadu’s emer­gence solved a “major unity and inclusiveness puzzle for the APC, by default.”

He made this known in Abuja at the weekend, in an exclusive chat with Sunday Sun.

The party chieftain, who does not want his name in print because of the dimen­sion the issue has assumed in recent times, further said unusual times call for unusual decisions, insisting that the circumstances that ushered the APC into power was unusual, as such, it should learn to live with the unusual decision that threw up Ekweremadu, whom he said, should also be seen as a “stabilizer” for the system.

Since the emergence of Ekweremadu as the deputy president of the Senate, in a Senate where the APC is in clear majority, tongues have continued to wag, with some Nigerians, especially those of the APC, insisting that Ekwer­emadu should give way.

But the APC chieftain, who incidentally is a northerner, sees it differently. He told Sun­day Sun that what Nigeria was currently experiencing had equally taken place in the past in the United States, where the then President Abraham Lin­coln had to sacrifice a fellow Republican and first term Vice President, Hannibal Hamlin for Andrew Johnson who was a Democrat from the South.

Lincoln, he noted, did that to show that in war or un­usual times, “national unity is paramount. So this is the same way I am seeing Ekwerema­du’s emergence. I therefore believe that his emergence as deputy president of the Senate had solved a major unity and inclusiveness puzzle for the APC by default,” the source, added.

He further said that, “the truth is that we would have had a major crisis on our hands as a party in the Sen­ate, in terms of ensuring that the change we promised Ni­gerians sails smoothly, if what happened had not happened. The South-south and South-east alone produced 32 Sena­tors of the PDP, out of the 49. And we have just 60, includ­ing the one that died. Tell me how the Senate would have functioned effectively, if we don’t carry the PDP along?

“And I also think we are just over-flogging the mat­ter. In Plateau and Benue, where we’re the minority in the House, we produced the Speaker. I think I will borrow Ekweremadu’s words here by saying, politics is over, and we should put it behind us. It is time to face governance, before Nigerians further lose their patience,” the APC chief­tain added.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/ekweremadus-emergence-solved-big-puzzle-for-apc/

[size=15pt]Want more breaking News stories? Join Naija Pips.com Forum[/size]
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by glimpse33(m): 7:13am On Jul 05, 2015
ok
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 05, 2015
Watin concern me self
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by Bibidear(f): 7:15am On Jul 05, 2015
We don hear
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 05, 2015
I completely agree

APC are not thinking about how they will get their bills passed

if they think of that then they will be glad about Ekweremadu's emergence

This for APC is a default coalition required for smooth running of the Senate and I have said it before that it was very naïve of APC to make a crisis out of this.
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by unitysheart(m): 7:19am On Jul 05, 2015
We are tired of these National Assembly related news everytime. Make them work abeg.
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by bababuff(m): 7:22am On Jul 05, 2015
mrsefan:

I have no respect for space bookers.

Back to the matter, Ekweremadu should vacate the seat.
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by beycity(m): 7:22am On Jul 05, 2015
I don tire to dey read all this their APC trash jare..
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by hucienda: 7:27am On Jul 05, 2015
Good ol' Abe Lincoln
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by eph12(m): 7:29am On Jul 05, 2015
APC has shown that it was all about grabbing power from PDP. To them taking over from PDP was something personal and not necessarily in the interest of the ordinary Nigerian. Now they have what they have been fighting for they don't know what to do with it. I am not convinced at all that the emergence of Ike as the DSP would hinder the plans the APC claimed to have for Nigeria pre-election.
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 05, 2015
bababuff:

I have no respect for space bookers.

Back to the matter, Ekweremadu should vacate the seat.

Go pursue an na?
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by Young03(m): 7:40am On Jul 05, 2015
Ok i call him

D' peace maker
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by Starships4u(m): 8:01am On Jul 05, 2015
There is a skeleton in this mans cupboard..... U de lie sir
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:11am On Jul 05, 2015
Starships4u:
There is a skeleton in this mans cupboard..... U de lie sir

n what is the truth mista?
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by Caseless: 9:53am On Jul 05, 2015
Each time I see this crisis in apc, I curse those that rigged ngige out for that ekwunife woman.
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2015
Caseless:
Each time I see this crisis in apc, I curse those that rigged ngige out for that ekwunife woman.

The democratic choice of the ekwulobia is not responsible for the failure of leadership in APC
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by bababuff(m): 10:45am On Jul 22, 2015

Go pursue an na?

Bring transport money. grin
Re: ‘ekweremadu’s Emergence Solved Big Puzzle For APC’ by orunto27: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ekweremadus emergence is democracy in action. It is good and a very exportable democratic product that even the us will like to share in.

(1) (Reply)

Your Honest Answer. Between Past And Present Administration.. / PHOTOS: Helpless Old Woman Seen Lying On A Street In Ikorodu / Probe: NNPC Moves Another Illegally Deposited $1.2billion To CBN To Cover Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.