Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,488 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

The Agony Of My Cousin - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Agony Of My Cousin (3577 Views)

Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! / Guy Shares Pics With Cousin & People Are Reacting With The Way He Is Holding Her / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hi Nairalanders,

My male cousin got married in the year 2007 to a beautiful tall girl, 2years later his business collapsed and he became just a hustling guy, he was staying in a one story building he inherited from his late dad but, due to his condition the wife started having problems with him about money to meet the day to day running of they home, they hv only a female child which is loved by both of them.

One day his wife approached him and ask for money to buy baby food, he told her he has no money but, before he could finish saying such he received a slap from hell from his wife(that day is not the first he got such slap without doing anything about it), he got angry and slap her back and left home to hustle but when he got home his wife stuffs and their girl child has disappeared and they wedding pix broken, he went to his inlaws house which is not far to see his wife but he was not allowed to see his wife, he went home after receiving all manner of insults from them. He went home called our town people around and informed them about what's happening,a meeting was arranged but, the wife with the inlaws did not show up. The next thing we hard that the wife traveled out of their state of residency , seeing her on her return she is pregnant and she is married to another man without Divorcing my cousin in court of law and their people did not return the bride price paid on their child.

My question is, is their anything my cousin could do to seek redress in the court of law?, can my cousin sue this new man for damages?, what is this kind of case called in the court of law?.

Waiting for u guys comments.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Barry2015(f): 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
Yes he can sue d wife for bigamy tell ur cousin. To get a good lawyer well never mind am available as a lawyer for ur cousin

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
Barry2015:
Yes he can sue d wife for bigamy tell ur cousin. To get a good lawyer well never mind am available as a lawyer for ur cousin
thanks for ur comment, are u in Anambra state?
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Artistree: 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
She has been eyeing that guy before now and ur cousin's predicament was just a perfect excuse for a getaway.
Women and money have been inseparable since time immemorial.

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Brugo(m): 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
This is a very easy case to win. Take her to court.

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2015
Take her to court and strip her of everything strippable. I am solidly behind you.

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by bellong: 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
she has committed a "jailable" offence.

Get a lawyer and take her to court.

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by austine4real(m): 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
This one is strong o

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
Bigamy is punishable by 5 years imprisonment, he has a good case. Her current marriage is a nullity.

4 Likes

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
I beg to differ,sue her for what. Abeg the cousin should move on with his life,if he wants joint custody of their child that's a diff topic.

She left,married another,I suggest you do the same and stop crying over spilled milk. Your cousin will not even win the case if he decides to pursue it,that's for sure.

He already has his life and future to worry about. There is no future in the past,move on?!!!!

Please o,I have a question,so bigamy is a punishable offence even in the absense of court wedding?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
austine4real:
This one is strong o
it strong my brother, We need teach her and her new husband a lesson.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
firstEVA:
Bigamy is punishable by 5 years imprisonment, he has a good case. Her current marriage is a nullity.
she Don even born ooooooo, she born boi and the new husband bought car for her.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Haywhymido(m): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
truly truly, dey aint loyal.O God, may i never av anythin called relationship with such distasteful, worthless fellow (ameen).

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
ahsekeena:
I beg to differ,sue her for what. Abeg the cousin should move on with his life,if he wants joint custody of their child that's a diff topic.

She left,married another,I suggest you do the same and stop crying over spilled milk. Your cousin will not even win the case if he decides to pursue it,that's for sure.

He already has his life and future to worry about. There is no future in the past,move on?!!!!

Please o,I have a question,so bigamy is a punishable offence even in the absense of court wedding?
yes he should move on but, his bitter. If ur a married man and out of the blue u hv issues with ur wife the next thing is that she is pregnant for another man without divorce. They did not do court wedding but church wedding and I was d best man that day but, I think church is a institution recognized by law and any marriage there should dime legal and constitutional, I stand to be corrected.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
Haywhymido:
truly truly, dey aint loyal.O God, may i never av anythin called relationship with such distasteful, worthless fellow (ameen).
Amen
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Haywhymido(m): 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
ahsekeena:

chei,ihe neme if to say na woman dey this man's shoe u for no talk dis story o, u for no gree o. continue dia riz goduu..

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 4:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
Artistree:
She has been eyeing that guy before now and ur cousin's predicament was just a perfect excuse for a getaway.
Women and money have been inseparable since time immemorial.
ur 100% correct, I think that's the reason all peace move made by the house was rejected, the person that spearheaded this is her mom, their dad is late and I know a man(their father) will not allow this kind of abomination.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Haywhymido(m): 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
o42austino:
Amen
thank u my man. God will help ur cousin thru dis stressful period. he must make sure he collect his gal frm dat snake, he cant risk aving his daughter grow up with such silly fellow. May HIS MERCY never leave us.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by pretydiva(f): 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
If there is any way ur cousin can be in custody of his daughter, he should do so n let d wife b. Dat gal will suffer ehnn..d karma awaiting her is still receiving tutorials. I Jst pray dis her new hubby doesn't lose his job or go out of cash someday.

Let him go 2 a court so their marriage can b dissolved. he should also move on wit his life. God wil c him tru

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
pretydiva:
If there is any way ur cousin can be in custody of his daughter, he should do so n let d wife b. Dat gal will suffer ehnn..d karma awaiting her is still receiving tutorials. I Jst pray dis her new hubby doesn't lose his job or go out of cash someday.

Let him go 2 a court so their marriage can b dissolved. he should also move on wit his life. God wil c him tru
we want them to experience the pain his going thru, how can someone marry a woman that is married without asking her of her divorce papers?, I think the guy did it because he thinks he has money.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
Haywhymido:
thank u my man. God will help ur cousin thru dis stressful period. he must make sure he collect his gal from that snake, he cant risk having his daughter grow up with such silly fellow. May HIS MERCY never leave us.
we are working on that but, we hv to do it thru the court after she has been found guilty of bigamy by then she will hv no power to fight.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
I will ask abeg oooooo
What will be the outcome of bigamy, jail term??huh or they ask her to chose between your cousin and the present husband?
What if the court ends up humiliating your cousin?

Ask your brother if there was a time the customary court invited him to come and take back his money or a member of her family?

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
Haywhymido:
chei,ihe neme if to say na woman dey this man's shoe u for no talk dis story o, u for no gree o. continue dia riz goduu..

If na woman sef,I will say the same.

People need to learn to move on,as long as u know that u are a good person and u know God. Just move on and let karma do all the evil u wish the person.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Anibabe(f): 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
if he divorce is wife,is it not a sin?. my own opinion is dat,he shd nt divorce her,he shd pray to God to bring her back.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
o42austino:
yes he should move on but, his bitter. If ur a married man and out of the blue u hv issues with ur wife the next thing is that she is pregnant for another man without divorce. They did not do court wedding but church wedding and I was d best man that day but, I think church is a institution recognized by law and any marriage there should dime legal and constitutional, I stand to be corrected.

I think he can pursue the case in a customary court shaa but he will never win if he is hoping she will be sent to jail for 5years,he is fighting a lost battle cos me,since I was born,I've never heard of a woman going to jail for bigamy in Nigeria. I know he is bitter and vengeful and betrayed but u as a rational human being can talk to him and tell him to calm down. All he should do is get joint custody of his child.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
Anibabe:
if he divorce is wife,is it not a sin?. my own opinion is dat,he shd nt divorce her,he shd pray to God to bring her back.
divorce is not a sin when there is infidelity,read the new testament.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by pretydiva(f): 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
o42austino:
we want them to experience the pain his going thru, how can someone marry a woman that is married without asking her of her divorce papers?, I think the guy did it because he thinks he has money.
leave everytin 2 God. Vengeance alone belongs 2 him. He knows how 2 repay her in his own way n time
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by cococandy(f): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2015
He doesn't have any business suing the new man.
The lady is the one that went ahead to marry someone else while still married to him.

If they had a court-registered marriage (yes some church marriages are court registered), what she did is illegal so he can seek redress in court. It is illegal to marry another person while still officially married. He can sue her for that.

But if they only had a traditional marriage, all he need is to have his brideprice returned and the marriage is officially over.
Then he can pursue child custody if he wants.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by cococandy(f): 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
o42austino:

I repeat the guy is not your family's problem.
Face the lady that broke her marriage contract not the new guy.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
LadyFiona:
I will ask abeg oooooo
What will be the outcome of bigamy, jail term??huh or they ask her to chose between your cousin and the present husband?
What if the court ends up humiliating your cousin?

Ask your brother if there was a time the customary court invited him to come and take back his money or a member of her family?

their was no time customary court called my cousin to come for his money. This is just happening as film trick.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
ahsekeena:

If na woman sef,I will say the same.

People need to learn to move on,as long as u know that u are a good person and u know God. Just move on and let karma do all the evil u wish the person.
that's the problem with us as Nigerians, We cry that the country is not good that nothing works but, when it's time for we to make lawbreakers pay we say leave it to karma or God.

I need to see the end of this.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
Anibabe:
pray what exactly? Bring who back?, so if ur a man married to a woman and one day ur wife disappear and appear again pregnant and married to another man and u say pray to bring her back? Who needs her?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Husbands And Future Husbands, Please Step In. / SEE How Wife Caught Her Husband's Side Chick That Happens To Be Their Maid(Pics) / Benefits Of Scent Leave To Your Spiritual Life....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.