Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP (16755 Views)

9 Popular Vocabularies In Nigerian Politics Since Buhari Became President / Why Buhari Took His Son, Yusuf On The Official US Trip – Presidency / List Of People EFCC Have Invited For Questioning Since Buhari Became President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by TippyTop(m): 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2015

Scores of people have been killed in Zabarmari village, 10 kilometres from Maiduguri, capital of Borno state, north east Nigeria after at least six female suicide bombers loyal to the Boko Haram terror group blew themselves in the middle of a huge crowd.

The latest carnage in series of attacks that have claimed more than 200 lives in just three days happened Friday. [size=15pt]According to an AFP tally, no fewer than 650 people have been killed since President Muhammadu Buhari took over in May.[/size]

Local resident Haladu Musa, who fled the attack, told how ‘large numbers’ of fighters poured into the village, overpowering government forces deployed to prevent the insurgents reaching Maiduguri.

Then, as people began to flee, a number of female suicide bombers started blowing themselves up in their midst, killing large numbers of people, he said.

‘Most of the casualties came from the suicide bombings,’ he said, without being able to give a precise figure for the dead and injured, Mr Musa said.

‘A total of six suicide bombers detonated themselves… killing scores of people while some people were also wounded. A soldier also died,’ the Nigerian army said in a statement without specifying the sex of the bombers.

The army said a jeep full of improvised explosive devices was recovered by troops, adding there was an ongoing search ‘for any bombs that might have been hidden or left unexploded in the area.’

Musa said the militants looted shops and torched ‘almost half the village’ before eventually being repelled after the military sent in reinforcements.

Danlami Ajaokuta, a civilian vigilante helping the military battle Boko Haram, who also witnessed the attack, spoke of heavy casualties.

‘The main concern now is to evacuate and attend to the injured and later recover the dead bodies now lying in the village,’ he said, adding that more than 100 injured had been taken to hospital.

Boko Haram, which is fighting to establish a hardline Islamic state in northeast Nigeria and has sworn allegiance to the Islamic State group, has intensified its campaign of violence since President Muhammadu Buhari came to power on May 29.

The Zabarmari attack followed a string of attacks across restive Borno state since Wednesday that have been blamed on the jihadists.

Earlier this week, militants gunned down worshippers at evening Ramadan prayers, shot women in their homes and dragged men and boys from their beds to kill them in the dead of night.

A young female suicide bomber also killed 12 worshippers when she blew herself up in a mosque.

Buhari condemned the attacks as ‘inhuman and barbaric’ and again vowed to end the Islamists’ six-year-old insurgency which has killed at least 15,000 people and displaced 1.5 million others.

Buhari’s spokesman Femi Adesina said Saturday the president would keep his pledge to defeat the Islamists but added that the government did not rule out talks with the insurgents.

‘If Boko Haram opts for negotiation, the government will not be averse to it,’ Adesina said a statement.

‘Government will, however, not be negotiating from a position of weakness, but that of strength,’ he said.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/05/6-female-suicide-bombers-kill-dozens-death-toll-now-650/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by Ofeakwu(m): 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
Wow! Av done it again, FTC

In other news;[img][/img] that is d result of having snail as president.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by bawelat: 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2015
b
Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by yemcoguy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hmmm, May God help dis nation
Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by TippyTop(m): 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
In one year of Buhari govt, boko haram would've exceeded the total number of those killed between 2009 to May 2015.

Buhari is a record breaker, breaking the wrong record since 1984.

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by ERODEDEAST(f): 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2015
We (Boko Haram) are wining the war. _Buhari

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
Who cares?

I just feel sorry for Christians caught in the cross fire

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by TippyTop(m): 2:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
[size=15pt]Boko Haram: Britain condemns recent attacks[/size]
The United Kingdom has condemned recent attacks by Book Haram insurgents which has led to the death of hundreds of innocent Nigerians.

The British government made the condemnation on Saturday in a statement issued by the Minister for Africa, James Duddridge, insisting that the recent attacks by the Islamist insurgents in the holy month of Ramadan were appalling.

Duddridge said: “I am appalled by the recent attacks in Borno State in which over 100 people have been killed. These attacks deliberately targeted Muslim worshippers during the holy month of Ramadan. My thoughts and sympathies are with the victims and their families.

BREAKING: NFF terminates Keshi’s contract over Ivory Coast application

“These attacks serve as a stark reminder of the threat posed by Boko Haram, which deliberately targets the weak and vulnerable and those, both Muslim and Christian, who will not subscribe to their extremist and intolerant views. The United Kingdom remains firm in our determination to support Nigeria in the fight against terrorism.”
Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by AnyibestDede(m): 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
Who on earth is keeping the counts bcus i hv lost counts. Mind u, when u hear that 30 people are dead knw that the figure is more than that. What i knw is that the dead toll is more than 1000 since may 29

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by Abba999(f): 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
And Mallam Saraki and co are busy jubiliating with America, while Dullardidoll is in Daura with his cattle saying "my boiz are winning the war" undecided

Please Dullardidoll "cattle" where are u? People are dying in mass!

The earlier we all wake up from their skirmishes, the much lives we save. cry

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by ebamma(m): 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
The cattle instructor is busy at the moment

Please try again later

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by DuchessLily(f): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2015
Media says 650 people , which means they are more than that

God help nigeria

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by alabiyemmy(m): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
Change indeed

18 Likes

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by vivalavida(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
Buhari seems to be the new David Moyes. Shattering all the records left right and center

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
The dullatd s cows needs more attention than you guys... Maybe he will get a chance to face it after feeding the cows

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by ebamma(m): 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
' “I have around 150 cattle because I am never
comfortable without cows” Gen. Buhari declares
his assets on facebook'

That awkward moment when your president says this is when you realise that you have entered one chance

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by leke12(m): 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
Thousands of people die silently everyday in Nigeria from one cause or another and still counting, stop black mailing our President.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by mars123(m): 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
Well,we all know the president that let boko haram get to this level.

4 Likes

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
I am beginning to think that the "Hausa Bakwai" are working to eliminate/intimidate the "Hausa Banza"

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by asadike(f): 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
and somebody will tell us not to declare biafra

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by TippyTop(m): 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
mars123:
Well,we all know the president that let boko haram get to this level.

That would be Buhari right?
GEJ restricted Boko haram to sambisa until may29th when their oga took over.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by warrior01: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
Welcome to the change folks; Tinubu followers how market an?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by TippyTop(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
cc: lalasticlala how bodi?
Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by Atmmachine(m): 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
I just want to take this time to apologize to the people who were scammed & brainwashed to vote for Buhari.
They framed GEJ as being unproductive in his tenure.
They faked the kidnap of the chibok girls.

Please the whole world should investigate this; it's obvious we were forced to Vote for Muhammadu Buhari in the last Presidential Election. I was not conscious of my actions and please, On behalf of the scammed and hypnotised Nigerians I tender my apology to the most tactful and fraudulent president Nigeria ever had.
Mr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR, I'm sorry for falling for the greatest scam ever known to man. I'm sorry, sir.

We should wait for the next 4 years to choose a good president like Goodluck Jonathan again.
Let's suffer & learn from our mistakes

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by Bonapart(m): 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
What a graven mistake Nigeria made to vote in this man
LORD we are sorry we thought they meant the 'change'
Lord deliver us{Nigeria} from the hands of this tyrant called buhari

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by Atmmachine(m): 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
Christians teach ur children in the way of God so dat wen they grow old, they wud never depart from it.
Fulani and other northerners teach ur children Jihad so dat wen they grow they become bokoharam
Trust me there must be always a govt to blame.

[size=40pt]ISLAMABAD[/size]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by bright007(f): 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
aha undecided undecided undecided ...but the president of west germany said he is winning the war naaaa....how come 650 people have died

or was he high on his cow's urine when he made that statement? undecided undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by stepo707: 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
650?? thats average of 18 nigerians killed each day since he took over

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by UnknownT: 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
TippyTop:
In one year of Buhari govt, boko haram would've exceeded the total number of those killed between 2009 to May 2015.

Buhari is a record breaker, breaking the wrong record since 1984.
hmmm, so Buhari is becoming David Moyes? lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
Cool
Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by jnrbayano(m): 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
Where are these Buharists that posted this picture below all over the place during the election period?

Show your faces...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP by Osama10(m): 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

$29.9billion Borrowing: FG To Go Ahead Despite Senate Rejection – Sen Ita Enang / Yahaya Bello Picks Another Voter’s Card In Okene / FG Approves Bailout For Broadcast Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.