Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,481 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (692474 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 8:20pm On Jun 04, 2018
meem:

What I need is a 12V 5A charger.

Maybe I need to edit my post.
Thanks.

Sorry not available ! Cheer's
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by meem(m): 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2018
kiekie1:

Sorry not available ! Cheer's
Okay.
Thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Rinsola32(f): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
donpata:

if u are on a really tight budget and watching tv on a small screen aint an issue, i will advice u just buy a tv tuner for 5-8k. Get a 50amp deep cycle battery for 25-30k. get an 80watt china panel for 13-16k, get a 500watts china inverter for 10k. Get dc 3 dc bulbs for 3k. U should be looking at 60-70k.

U could step down the battery and get 2 18amps battery for 8k each(16k total). This will bring u to arnd 50-60k

Thanks boss, but which option is the best? The first or the second?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by CSNg: 4:33am On Jun 05, 2018
[quote author=pointstores post=68161751][/quote]

Only LGs? No Samsung?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by CSNg: 4:39am On Jun 05, 2018
Rinsola32:

Thanks boss, but which option is the best? The first or the second?

Both can serve. If you go for the first option, you'd get longer viewing time than the second option which will allow you watch the tv for a much shorter period.

Alternatively, instead of buying a 500watts inverter for 10k, you could get a bluegate 650va UPS without battery to serve as an inverter since you are in a tight budget.

If you are in Abuja, I could set it up for you

***Modified***

Saw from your profile that you are in Lagos...oh well.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by CSNg: 4:53am On Jun 05, 2018
donpata:

Guy, u are overexaggerating the whole thing. it's not as terrible as u make it sound. Run away from modified? lol. i didnt run away and i have been using it and no iss. Go to youtube and see people using modified sine wave on deep freezers with no issue whatsoever. People, it's just like when people tell u that charging ur phone on generator will kill the battery. So long as the power is stable, we are goood to go. That does not mean that if u got the money, u should not go for pure sine wave. The psw in itself is not exactly like what we get from public power but it's very close to it. Last last, if na tv, or laptop, get ur 13k msw inverter and flex. nothing do u

Hmmm...thank God you said Deep freezers. Their compressors are quite resistant to surges. Let them use it on LCD televisions that don't have AV protection and let's hear their story.

Not that I am totally condemning msv inverters but it is better to be safe than sorry bro.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 7:52am On Jun 05, 2018
Must Power Star Light inverters with LCD display
1000w 12v=85k
1500w 12v=95k
3kva(2000w)-12v=115,000
4kva(3000w)-24v=160,000
5kva(4000w)-24=250,000
6kva(5000w)-24/48= .....
7.5kva(6000w)-24/48= .....

EP Solar 12/24/36/48v 60a mppt(i tracer) solar charge controller @ 128k

EP Solar 12/24v 40a MPPT(a series ep ever) solar charge controller @ 75k

Trojan 12v 200a J200re USA flooded batteries @ 129k...(limited quantity in stock)

Quanta Amaron 12v 200a vrla battery @ ...

Long battery 12v 200a agm battery @.....

Solution battery 12v 200a agm battery @85k

Yachi solar panels ;
150w poly panels........@35k
250w poly panels.......@47k "limited stock"
300w poly panels........@58k "limited stock"

DISCOUNTED PRICES ! CALL US NOW !!

Magnum 4348 USA inverter ....@900k

Victron multiplus 3kva 48v .....@600k

Canadian 330w solar panel.....@65,500 bulk price

Joysolar modules :

160w mono 30000
200w poly 35000; mono 40000
320w poly 52,000

With 30k , I can offer you a set of pro solar roof mounts including ;
2 qty solar mount rail "4200mm" ,
4 qty rack end clamp,
6 qty mid clamp,
6 qty L feet with rubber & special screw....

Same goes to angle positioning solar kits;
- Adjustable front leg
- Adjustable rear leg
- Rail splice kit
- Grounding lug

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER INDIAN INVERTERS / BATTERIES ... Luminous PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices , contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by laposta: 8:46am On Jun 05, 2018
CSNg:

Hmmm...thank God you said Deep freezers. Their compressors are quite resistant to surges. Let them use it on LCD televisions that don't have AV protection and let's hear their story.

Not that I am totally condemning msv inverters but it is better to be safe than sorry bro.

Boss, easy on your self. I have been using a souer MSW inverter for over two years and I've been powering my LCD television with it since then without any issues whatsoever.

MSW inverters work well with most domestic appliances except Ox fans (and the likes). Your phone or lapotop chargers may also get hotter than usual but that is all that is. It won't damage the devices.

My MSW inverter hasn't damaged anything since I've started using it...

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Rinsola32(f): 2:56pm On Jun 05, 2018
CSNg:

Both can serve. If you go for the first option, you'd get longer viewing time than the second option which will allow you watch the tv for a much shorter period.

Alternatively, instead of buying a 500watts inverter for 10k, you could get a bluegate 650va UPS without battery to serve as an inverter since you are in a tight budget.

If you are in Abuja, I could set it up for you

***Modified***

Saw from your profile that you are in Lagos...oh well.

Thanks so much. I appreciate your contribution
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by zekepio(m): 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2018
zekepio:
Bosses, I need your input on this.
I have 30k and I need sufficient power for laptop and 2 bulbs. I'm considering MTN lumos since 30k can't get me a nice setup. what's your take on this?
CSNg
ceejay80s
Thanks for lending your voice to my inquiry.
I didn't reply before now because the nairaland bot unjustly restricted my account from liking or commenting on this thread. Thank God it's over!

Truly, MTN lumos is a penny wise pound foolish initiative. I'm no longer considering it.
My load is basically a laptop, two power saving bulbs and 5 phones (factoring my neighbours).
So we're looking at a 80-100 watt load. I will need the laptop to run for at least 10hours daily.
My budget is still 30k.

Here,s the analysis of what I think I'll be needing.
1. Solar panel (50-80 watt)
2. Battery (30-50ah)
3. UPS or inverter
4. Charge controller.

What way can I get these components with my budget?

If you are based or supply to Abuja, I'll gladly do business with you.

And most importantly, if you have any of these components that you're no longer using, I'll be jolly glad to have you gift them to me
Thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 6:01pm On Jun 05, 2018
zekepio:

CSNg
ceejay80s
I didn't reply before now because the nairaland bot unjustly restricted my account from liking or commenting on this thread. Thank God it's over!

Truly, MTN lumos is a penny wise pound foolish initiative. I'm no longer considering it.
My load is basically a laptop, two power saving bulbs and 5 phones (factoring my neighbours).
So we're looking at a 80-100 watt load. I will need the laptop to run for at least 10hours daily.
My budget is still 30k.

2. Battery (30-50ah)
3. UPS or inverter
4. Charge controller.

And most importantly, if you have any of these components that you're no longer using, I'll be jolly glad to have you gift them to me
Thanks.
don't think of 10 hrs backup from 50ah ba3 over a load of 80-100watts ko possible

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by zekepio(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2018
temizeee:

don't think of 10 hrs backup from 50ah ba3 over a load of 80-100watts ko possible
wow. It doesn't have to be 10hours back up.
If I can use it for 4 hours during the day when the setup is charging and I can still get 6 hours of backup at night then it's totally fine.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by surrogatesng: 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2018
zekepio:

If I can use it for 4 hours during the day when the setup is charging and I can still get 6 hours of backup at night then it's totally fine.
Impossible
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
CSNg:

Only LGs? No Samsung?

nope
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 9:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
zekepio:

lol,na dreamland u dey
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Wonders7: 1:03am On Jun 06, 2018
Hello guys! I'm impressed. I have to power on the following gadgets;
24" Led TV=60W
PS3 Slim=220-240V~1.2A=288W,
home theater=120-240V~0.5A=120W. sometimes laptop & of course charging of phones. [/b]Any suggestion as to the things I need to get? I need practical suggestions please. [b]Don't confuse me with Terminologies please.
Straight to the Point. I will appreciate if you can give me options to pick from.
Anyone in Ibadan who can set this up should let's talk please. Thanks all.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by moobbie: 4:26am On Jun 06, 2018
laposta:

Boss, easy on your self. I have been using a souer MSW inverter for over two years and I've been powering my LCD television with it since then without any issues whatsoever.

MSW inverters work well with most domestic appliances except Ox fans (and the likes). Your phone or lapotop chargers may also get hotter than usual but that is all that is. It won't damage the devices.

My MSW inverter hasn't damaged anything since I've started using it...
I think the actual question would be, between 650va UPS and MSW inverter which would be preferable??
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by CSNg: 8:17am On Jun 06, 2018
zekepio:

CSNg
ceejay80s

My budget is still 30k.

2. Battery (30-50ah)
3. UPS or inverter
4. Charge controller.

Thanks.

30k? Bro you need to "up" your budget a little because 30k can only get you a solar panel and a charge controller based on your specifications. The best 30k can go is to get you an 80w panel, a basic charge controller without LCD display and half the price of a non-battery 680va UPS that is after plenty talk-talk and price haggling. We haven't even talked about deep cycle battery and of course installation costs.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by CSNg: 8:22am On Jun 06, 2018
moobbie:
I think the actual question would be, between 650va UPS and MSW inverter which would be preferable??

Personally, I prefer a 650va UPS because it has an inbuilt AV controller which cuts out high current and deals with power surges. This can protect your appliances and of course your battery incase something wrong is happening during the discharge cycle.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by CSNg: 9:09am On Jun 06, 2018
Wonders7:
Hello guys! I'm impressed. I have to power on the following gadgets;
24" Led TV=60W
PS3 Slim=220-240V~1.2A=288W,
home theater=120-240V~0.5A=120W. sometimes laptop & of course charging of phones. [/b]Any suggestion as to the things I need to get? I need practical suggestions please. [b]Don't confuse me with Terminologies please.
Straight to the Point. I will appreciate if you can give me options to pick from.
Anyone in Ibadan who can set this up should let's talk please. Thanks all.

150w Mono Solar Panel
Charge Controller
100ah Deep Cycle battery (minimum)
A 650va UPS can serve or a 1000w inverter.

Note: This will give you within a time frame of about 2 hours max in the event of a discharge without intense sunlight or at night.

Alternatively, if the power situation in your area is abit favourable or you run a generator, you can get the following:

12v Smart Battery Charger
650va UPS or 1000w inverter
100ah deep cycle battery or higher.

Remember: DISCHARGE TIMEFRAME IS ABOUT 1.5 to 2 hours max.

If you need to lengthen the time frame, then you need more batteries because your appliances are blasting about 500w
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Wonders7: 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
CSNg:

150w Mono Solar Panel
Charge Controller
100ah Deep Cycle battery (minimum)
A 650va UPS can serve or a 1000w inverter.

Note: This will give you within a time frame of about 2 hours max in the event of a discharge without intense sunlight or at night.

Alternatively, if the power situation in your area is abit favourable or you run a generator, you can get the following:

12v Smart Battery Charger
650va UPS or 1000w inverter
100ah deep cycle battery or higher.

Remember: DISCHARGE TIMEFRAME IS ABOUT 1.5 to 2 hours max.

If you need to lengthen the time frame, then you need more batteries because your appliances are blasting about 500w

Thanks bro for the contribution.
There is epileptic power supply in my area so the other option of battery charger may not be feasible though I run a Generator but I detest noise & carrying 'Keg' around. I only want to use the Gen for Pumping Machine.

Now to the 1st option; the 2hrs Max no pay me o. Looking at something like 5hrs thereabout. Moreso, I need an estimated price of these items. Thanks once again.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
Eddy battery and inverter 1year 6month warraty
200ah 95,000 gel battery 62kg
100ah 53,000 gel battery 31kg

Eddy inverter 1kva 55,000 pure wave
5kva 230,000
2kva 100,000

Call 08166117634

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
Wonders7:

There is epileptic power supply in my area so the other option of battery charger may not be feasible though I run a Generator but I detest noise & carrying 'Keg' around. I only want to use the Gen for Pumping Machine.

Now to the 1st option; the 2hrs Max no pay me o. Looking at something like 5hrs thereabout. Moreso, I need an estimated price of these items. Thanks once again.

remove the home theatre woofer or boom box. use only the speakers ,i can connect the woofer back when u have light...
are u sure play station Is up to 288w ?
ur 24inch led TV 60w ? are u sure it's a led TV of LCD, anyway it should have economic home or eco home on picture mode option which reduces the wattage
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 8:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
HURRY ! TESTED & OK !! CALL TO BOOK YOURS NOW!!!

Ritar 12v 105a telecom batteries .... #27,000
Limited stock "fairly used" at affordable prices

Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Wonders7: 5:14am On Jun 07, 2018
ceejay80s:

remove the home theatre woofer or boom box. use only the speakers ,i can connect the woofer back when u have light...
are u sure play station Is up to 288w ?
ur 24inch led TV 60w ? are u sure it's a led TV of LCD, anyway it should have economic home or eco home on picture mode option which reduces the wattage

Thanks for your contribution sir. The woofer of the home theatre is in the main system itself. It doesn't have a detached woofer.
Here are the pictures of the Home Theatre, PS3 & 24" Led TV.
Please help with the prices of what I will need. Thanks.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by CSNg: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
Wonders7:

Calculating your usage within 6 hours and using Ibadan your area which is usually cloudy with more rainfall than the northen states, your total Watt Hours per day is 2808.00watts. Which means you will need the following:

1000w of Solar panel: N200,000 (est)

45amp Charge Controller (PWT): N60,000... (MPPT: N250,000)

200ah batteries: N190,000 (est)

1.5kva inverter: N95,000

Total: N545,000
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
CSNg:

Calculating your usage within 6 hours and using Ibadan your area which is usually cloudy with more rainfall than the northen states, your total Watt Hours per day is 2808.00watts. Which means you will need the following:

1000w of Solar panel: N200,000 (est)

45amp Charge Controller (PWT): N60,000... (MPPT: N250,000)

200ah batteries: N190,000 (est)

1.5kva inverter: N95,000

Total: N545,000
what kind of battery is 190,000 even u did not even quote protection inside
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by skales67(m): 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
pointstores:
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by CSNg: 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
pointstores:

Oga... 100ah Exide Deep Cycle Battery is N95,000

95x2= 190,000

Since it is possible that a solar engineer in Ibadan will do it for him, i left the other stuff like installation cost and "protection inside"...whatever that means.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
CSNg:

Oga... 100ah Exide Deep Cycle Battery is N95,000

95x2= 190,000

Since it is possible that a solar engineer in Ibadan will do it for him, i left the other stuff like installation cost and "protection inside"...whatever that means.
quanta 200ah is OK it serve sesame life span of exide@ 124,000 is what I use for all my customers no complain some even useing it 5 years down no problem carry go bro u can go for 12volt 2000watts 130,000 pure sine wave must power vil series 150watts 4 pieces will generate 32amp which will charge full the battery in less than 5hours panel @ 100,000 600watts 40amp controller @ 60,000 protection 20,000 wire 15,000 workmanship 50,000 standard set up 400,000 with change left
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 8:55am On Jun 08, 2018
LIMITED STOCK!!!

Telecom used Ritar 12v 105a front access batteries.
Tested & working great ....N27,000

Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.