Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (690664 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 10:24am On May 30, 2019
eleojo23:

Hi, is that charger good for deep cycle batteries?
It looks like it's only for car batteries from my search. (maybe I didn't understand what I read)

So basically my question is, can chargers for car batteries be used for deep cycle batteries?
It can charge car battery & inverter battery
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:51am On May 30, 2019
Alejobs:

My batteries are well over 1 year already and can't match them with a new one, I also run a 12v configuration....the odds are stacked against me embarassed

I am on a self learning curve too..... I have 3 pieces of 150watt panel connected to an mppt cc and I have another 160 watt panel I hooked directly to the battery bank without any charge controller in between. I occasionally use that to charge my 20v laptop powerbank and other 12v hand held batteries with some monitoring
then u should forget about running fridge in it for now. i av 4pcs 200w panel,but dont run fridge on it.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 1:21pm On May 30, 2019
Penuelseun:
Pls post a picture of the inverter

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Kampack: 4:07pm On May 30, 2019
saint2ace:

GBM is definitely better than Croc, I've used both and I can tell u this without a doubt

Thanks! cool
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 4:58pm On May 30, 2019
Smart fast charger in stock

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Alejoas(m): 5:04am On May 31, 2019
Some of your friends may need this, pls help share the ad with them. Thanks

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2019
[quote author=pointstores post=78859136][/quote]

I am in your whatsapp inbox
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 5:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
odimbannamdi:

I am in your whatsapp inbox
Have replied bro
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 7:55am On Jun 02, 2019
econome:
My suoer 30a charger no longer working

Please, what could be the problems? It became so hot lastnight before it gave up the ghost

A radionic/repairer said it is the IC(if I am correct)

What could be the problem and solutions?

THIS CHARGER IS JUST CRAP ABEG AND WASTE OF MONEY. IV LEFT MINE WITH THE REPAIRER IT IS WITH.... sad
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 7:58am On Jun 02, 2019
econome:
I saw this charger without casing on jumia.. Sold for N1,563..

https://www./generic-automatic-battery-charger-charging-controller-protection-module-24vblue-25259864.html

THAT LOOKS LIKE A VOLTAGE CUT OFF CONTROLLER, I DOUBT IT HAS THE DIFF ALGORITHMS NEEDED FOR A GOOD CHARGING OF YOUR SLA BATTERIES
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 8:00am On Jun 02, 2019
[quote author=Yemmyteespeed007 post=78525353][/quote]

HOW MUCH WILL YOU BUY MINE?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2019
odimbannamdi:

For his battery capacity (2 units of 100ah), what capacity of solar panels and chargw controllers should he have used?

Mine is a 100ah and i am considering something along that line. My major fear is mistakenly buying a modified sinewave UPS again, even though i now use a DC rechargeable fan. Does MSW UPs have adverse effects on TVs and sound systems?

Pls advise

MSW UPS AND INVERTERS HAVE THEIR WORST EFFECTS ON INDUCTIVE LOADS ( IE DEVICES THAT HAVE COILS IN THEM LIKE FAN, MOTORS, BLENDERS, ETC). YOUR RECHARGEABLE FAN USUALLY HAS AN ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT THAT CONVERTS THE AC TO DC WHICH THE FAN USES SO YOU SHOULD BE FINE USING AN MSW ON A RECHARGEABLE FAN. THATS WHAT I USE TOO WITH NO ISSUES AT ALL. MODERN TV MOST LIKELY USE DC INSIDE THEM SO YOU SHOULD BE FINE TOO. SOUND SYSTEMS TOO
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 8:10am On Jun 02, 2019
temizeee:
hello house and good day please i need advice on a good rechargeable fan that can be use for a single room......maybe experience from current user can help too..thanks

I USE BINATONE. IT BLOWS ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU CACTH A COLD IF USED ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 8:12am On Jun 02, 2019
officialfestus:
Who can help me get a 650va ups without battery from Lagos to Benin?

THE WAYBILL WILL MAKE THIS NON ECONOMICAL. JUST LOOK AROUND ELECTONICS MARKET AND ASK WHERE TO BUY USED UPS. ALL THOSE ABOKI THAT BUY SCRAP ELECTRONIS AND METAL MAY KNOW WHERE YOU CAN CHECK.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 8:14am On Jun 02, 2019
Kampack:
Can anyone kindly recommend a durable, pocket friendly & good product, or seller for 12v DC Ceiling Fan?

ONE GUY JUO DOES SELL AND SOMEONE REVIEWED HIS PRODUCT AS WORKING FINE
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 8:18am On Jun 02, 2019
CSNg:

To tell you the truth, I am as puzzled as you are because a day after writing that comment, I used a "small transformer" 1000w inverter and then tried my hands on a bluegate 600va UPS with the normal bigger transformer. I plugged a clamp metre while using both and compared only me to notice that the battery was draining faster with the inverter than it was with the UPS!

Quite confusing!

Does anyone know why?

LOL...ALWAYS CHECK THE PRODUCT SPECS FOR ITS EFFICIENCY RATING. MY APC 650VA UPS I GOT LAST WEEK FOR LESS THAN #6,000 DRAWS ABOUT 0.8A ON NO LOAD. THATS ABOUT 10W ON NO LOAD OH. BUT MY BATTERY IS A 180AHR CAPACITY PLUS A LITTLE SOLAR TO KEEP IT TRICKLE CHARGED DURING THE DAY TIME. SO I DNT BOTHER ABOUT IT.

ALSO WHEN NOT IN USE, I TURN THE UPS OFF.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 8:22am On Jun 02, 2019
zeanslim:
hello, I need 1kv+ APC UPS without battery the 12v pure sine wave version, or cheap pure sine wave inverter.

I'm planing to build an inverter on budget using 18650 li ion battery cells which I have began assembling.

I stay in Lagos if anybody have for sale.

FROM MY RESEARCH, THERE IS NO APC 12V PURE SINE WAVE UPS AVAILABLE. ALL PURE SINE WAVE ARE 24V.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 8:25am On Jun 02, 2019
Kampack:
Please has anyone here used GBM batteries? How durable are they?

Are they better than Croc batteries? Im torn between choosing one of the two. Kindly advice from experience.

I USE GBM, HAVE NOT USED CROC. SO FAR SO GOOD...IV NOT USED MINE BELOW 12.4V THOUGH. KEEP IN MIND, FOR ANY SLA BATTERY CHARGING AND DISCHARGING PROFILES ARE KEY TO THEIR DURABILITY OR NOT
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 9:01am On Jun 02, 2019
Trippledots:

THE WAYBILL WILL MAKE THIS NON ECONOMICAL. JUST LOOK AROUND ELECTONICS MARKET AND ASK WHERE TO BUY USED UPS. ALL THOSE ABOKI THAT BUY SCRAP ELECTRONIS AND METAL MAY KNOW WHERE YOU CAN CHECK.
OK thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by zeanslim(m): 9:21am On Jun 02, 2019
Trippledots:

FROM MY RESEARCH, THERE IS NO APC 12V PURE SINE WAVE UPS AVAILABLE. ALL PURE SINE WAVE ARE 24V.

Thank you very much, can you tell me what specific model I should look out for, so I won't just buy anyhow APC ups thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by IkalaiyeLOTO: 9:56am On Jun 02, 2019
Happy Sunday to oga ceejay and all gurus on this platform, I need guidance on how to connect my newly acquired 250 watt monocrystaline solar panel to the exact type I've been using before

I have been using the same type for close to two years now with a 12v/200AH deep cycle battery +30A/12V-24V charge controller.

My set up is 12V, I can't afford to be buying two batteries for 24V system.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 10:17am On Jun 02, 2019
zeanslim:

Thank you very much, can you tell me what specific model I should look out for, so I won't just buy anyhow APC ups thanks.

WHAT ARE YOU PARTICULAR ABOUT? THE 12V OR THE PURESINEWAVE OUTPUT?

IF PURESINEWAVE THEN ANY OF THOSE SMART ONES WILL DO. IF 12V AND LOAD WONT EXCEED 400W THEN THE ONE ATTACHED HERE WILL DO.

TAKE NOTE, SOME APC UPS HAVE INTERNAL TIMER WHICH SHUTS DOWN THE UPS OFTEN. I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS BEFORE BUYING ONE INITIALLY. I BOUGHT THE TIMER ONE AND I SUFFERED MEHN.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 10:22am On Jun 02, 2019
IkalaiyeLOTO:
Happy Sunday to oga ceejay and all gurus on this platform, I need guidance on how to connect my newly acquired 250 watt monocrystaline solar panel to the exact type I've been using before

I have been using the same type for close to two years now with a 12v/200AH deep cycle battery +30A/12V-24V charge controller.

My set up is 12V, I can't afford to be buying two batteries for 24V system.

IF THE CHARGE CONTROLLER IS A PWM CONNECT THE NEW PANEL TO THE OLD ONE BLACK TO BLACK, RED TO RED. IF ITS AN MPPT, MAKE SURE BOTH PANELS VoC IS LESS THAN THE CHARGE CONTROLLER RATING THEN CONNECT THEM IN SERIES. IE REMOVE ONE WIRE FROM THE CHARGE CONTROLLER; SAY POSITIVE WIRE, CONNECT THE WIRE TO THE NEGATIVE OF THE NEW PANEL, THEN CONNECT THE POSTIVE OF THE NEW PANEL TO THE POSITIVE OF THE CHARGE CONTROLLER.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by IkalaiyeLOTO: 10:40am On Jun 02, 2019
Trippledots:

IF THE CHARGE CONTROLLER IS A PWM CONNECT THE NEW PANEL TO THE OLD ONE BLACK TO BLACK, RED TO RED. IF ITS AN MPPT, MAKE SURE BOTH PANELS VoC IS LESS THAN THE CHARGE CONTROLLER RATING THEN CONNECT THEM IN SERIES. IE REMOVE ONE WIRE FROM THE CHARGE CONTROLLER; SAY POSITIVE WIRE, CONNECT THE WIRE TO THE NEGATIVE OF THE NEW PANEL, THEN CONNECT THE POSTIVE OF THE NEW PANEL TO THE POSITIVE OF THE CHARGE CONTROLLER.

Thanks for your response sir, this is the charge controller type I'm using and I intend to use for the 250 watts x 2 sunshine monocrystaline solar panels

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 11:35am On Jun 02, 2019
Trippledots:

MSW UPS AND INVERTERS HAVE THEIR WORST EFFECTS ON INDUCTIVE LOADS ( IE DEVICES THAT HAVE COILS IN THEM LIKE FAN, MOTORS, BLENDERS, ETC). YOUR RECHARGEABLE FAN USUALLY HAS AN ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT THAT CONVERTS THE AC TO DC WHICH THE FAN USES SO YOU SHOULD BE FINE USING AN MSW ON A RECHARGEABLE FAN. THATS WHAT I USE TOO WITH NO ISSUES AT ALL. MODERN TV MOST LIKELY USE DC INSIDE THEM SO YOU SHOULD BE FINE TOO. SOUND SYSTEMS TOO

This was most enlightening, sir.

First pic shows the specs of my Qasa 18" rechargeable fan. Do you think it uses a DC or AC current? And would it be safe to use it with an MSW inverter/UPS?

Secondly, how would i know if my Smart samsung tv is DC? I googled out the spec (UE43KU6400) and found the pic attached. Can you tell whether it is DC or AC?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 11:51am On Jun 02, 2019
Trippledots:

LOL...ALWAYS CHECK THE PRODUCT SPECS FOR ITS EFFICIENCY RATING. MY APC 650VA UPS I GOT LAST WEEK FOR LESS THAN #6,000 DRAWS ABOUT 0.8A ON NO LOAD. THATS ABOUT 10W ON NO LOAD OH. BUT MY BATTERY IS A 180AHR CAPACITY PLUS A LITTLE SOLAR TO KEEP IT TRICKLE CHARGED DURING THE DAY TIME. SO I DNT BOTHER ABOUT IT.

ALSO WHEN NOT IN USE, I TURN THE UPS OFF.

I am guessing your APC 650VA UPS is MSW? How would i know what my Bluegate 650va draw as well?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 11:54am On Jun 02, 2019
Trippledots:

WHAT ARE YOU PARTICULAR ABOUT? THE 12V OR THE PURESINEWAVE OUTPUT?

IF PURESINEWAVE THEN ANY OF THOSE SMART ONES WILL DO. IF 12V AND LOAD WONT EXCEED 400W THEN THE ONE ATTACHED HERE WILL DO.

TAKE NOTE, SOME APC UPS HAVE INTERNAL TIMER WHICH SHUTS DOWN THE UPS OFTEN. I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS BEFORE BUYING ONE INITIALLY. I BOUGHT THE TIMER ONE AND I SUFFERED MEHN.

Which smart one are u talking about, sir? 12 or 24v?

Sorry about the timer inconvenience. How do we avoid buying the ones with timer?

PS: Do you stay around Coconut bustop, Olodi-Apapa?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 11:57am On Jun 02, 2019
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 12:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Which smart one are u talking about, sir? 12 or 24v?

Sorry about the timer inconvenience. How do we avoid buying the ones with timer?

PS: Do you stay around Coconut bustop, Olodi-Apapa?

the smart ones are 24v...just ask for apc 2battery ups.

about coconut bus stop. yes. you stay there?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
odimbannamdi:

I am guessing your APC 650VA UPS is MSW? How would i know what my Bluegate 650va draw as well?

yes, its msw.....use a clampmetre
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
odimbannamdi:

This was most enlightening, sir.

First pic shows the specs of my Qasa 18" rechargeable fan. Do you think it uses a DC or AC current? And would it be safe to use it with an MSW inverter/UPS?

Secondly, how would i know if my Smart samsung tv is DC? I googled out the spec (UE43KU6400) and found the pic attached. Can you tell whether it is DC or AC?

it should be fine.

if its a led, flat screen, most likely it should be fine too

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: Simplytunstech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.