Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (698091 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 11:28am On Apr 01, 2016
Wakeelu:

what is the product name of that battery ?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bosc(m): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
ceejay80s:

What's the watts of the standing fan? I hope its not OX/ industrial fans ?
If the watts of the fan is not much, u can get a 1500w inverter with inbuilt 20amp charger and a 200ah battery.
And if u are looking at cost , then go for 650va ups ,20 or 30amp smart charger and 200ah battery

Mr CJ
Please do you have a clue about the cost of the inverter you just mentioned cos Im interested in buying an inverter.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
Bosc:

Mr CJ
Please do you have a clue about the cost of the inverter you just mentioned cos Im interested in buying an inverter.
Buy brand new 1000watts inverter with bult in 20amp charger, it should be around 30-35k,
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 7:05pm On Apr 01, 2016
@bishop4life u need work more on your practicals all this IF statement won't help you to learn ooo
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ibro360(m): 8:38am On Apr 02, 2016
mukhcech:

not atall. I understand as e be for lag having lived there for sometimes. We are most appreciative of ur supports and enlightment so far. Thank you.
you can get almost all the things you need for the setup in kano if u are doing it with solar panels but i don't have idea if you can get the battery charger in kano. For your genuine solar system contact zeek @france road by ibo road sabon gari kano.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olorunda68: 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2016
@ceejay80, tanx for the good job you are doing here sir. I will call you sir to arrange this setup for me. I live in ondo state.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
how do you identify an original mercury 200ah battery?

Valto:
after serious permutations and research, i decided to go for a brand new 200amps battery made in india(with 6 months guarantee from the seller) he specifically adviced me against going for any cheaper made in china battery like mercury and the rest. i have to cough out 70k.. for those that want mercury 200amps battery, its 59k in the market.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
TheTransformer:
how do you identify an original mercury 200ah battery?

thats quite hard, cos i dont use it. however u can go for su-kam or exide deep cycle battery, they are one the cheapest indian made battery and was strongly recommended to me by a two reliable solar installer/dealer.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by joehis2013: 4:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
ceejay80s:
Finished testing the battery and its ok, I bought a 10watts fan from the battery seller yesterday and used it to test on how long the 42ah battery will power it and I wasn't disappointed ,after I have fully charged the battery, I disconnected all other batteries from my ups and connected the recently bought 12v 42ah battery to the ups and powered the 10watts fan from 6pm yesterday the fan was still on till 6am this morning , sincerely, the fan was awesome, e just dey blow cold breeze for my body as light no dey till dis morning, I am now fully satisfied with both battery and fan, I will connect the 42ah battery with my other 76ah battery in parallel connection

Thanks is it possible to get 12volts dc fans with similar performance
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
joehis2013:

Thanks is it possible to get 12volts dc fans with similar performance
Yes the guy at oshodi arena market has a 18inch 12v standing fan, call him for price
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
Saw something very interesting today, a telecommunication station fully powered by solar.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2016
saint2ace:

Brotherly, like ceejay80s suggested try and charge the battery using ur smart charger for at least 6hrs, if it still doesn't retain charge or discharges too soon, I would advise you take it back to the seller, but if it's past the warranty period u might try a lil trick I learnt a while back; get a regular car battery charger preferably a 2-5amp charger and connect to ur battery, leave it charging for about 24hrs, then plug ur smart charger to it and allow to charge till it indicates it's full. Then connect it to ur load; check the rate of discharge, if there's no improvement then u've lost that battery.

NB: Second hand batteries were only proposed in this setup for the singular reason of managing cost. Please and please if you can afford a brand new battery it will definitely do the job better and take u longer.

My opinion sha...... if anyone feels differently pls comment
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bosc(m): 11:15am On Apr 04, 2016
I'm glad my inverter (1kva, 1000watts) & battery (faily used 200MaH) arrived yesterday.
I need to know how long it will serve me with the following loads.
Samsung tv 22" - 28watts
Decoder - 25watts and
Standing fan (don't know the wattage but assume 60watts).
This will enable me to know whether the battery is sound.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:36am On Apr 04, 2016
Bosc:
I'm glad my inverter (1kva, 1000watts) & battery (faily used 200MaH) arrived yesterday.
Samsung tv 22" - 28watts
Decoder - 25watts and
Na u suppose test am and let us know, it should give u 15hr and above without the fan and don't be surprise if e reach 24hrs without the standing fan but first off, charge fully and start ur experiment,
WELCOME TO OUR CLUB !!!!!

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bosc(m): 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2016
ceejay80s:

Na u suppose test am and let us know, it should give u 15hr and above without the fan and don't be surprise if e reach 24hrs without the standing fan but first off, charge fully and start ur experiment,
WELCOME TO OUR CLUB !!!!!

Thanks Boss!
The guy that sold the battery to me said he charged it full. So I used it to sleep with my fan ON till this morning when I put it OFF.
But I just want to know since the inverter does not have battery meter (to determine the status of the battery) how long I can use it before putting it OFF.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2016
Bosc:

Thanks Boss!
The guy that sold the battery to me said he charged it full. So I used it to sleep with my fan ON till this morning when I put it OFF.
But I just want to know since the inverter does not have battery meter (to determine the status of the battery) how long I can use it before putting it OFF.
How long u want depends on u but Ur inverter will beep or beep continuously when ur battery is weak, but since u Ave used it with ur standing fan till dawn , that's approximately 9 hrs, the thing try and it didn't go off by itself , but how many amp charge is that inverter?
Hope its 20amp and above, cos if its 10amp charge, e go slow pass mikel obi in charging , read the manual of that inverter well, hope its charging system is smart not to over charge
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
Pls how much is the 1kva inverter?
umps
Bosc:
Samsung tv 22" - 28watts
Decoder - 25watts and
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bosc(m): 2:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
ceejay80s:

How long u want depends on u but Ur inverter will beep or beep continuously when ur battery is weak, but since u Ave used it with ur standing fan till dawn , that's approximately 9 hrs, the thing try and it didn't go off by itself , but how many amp charge is that inverter?
Hope its 20amp and above, cos if its 10amp charge, e go slow pass mikel obi in charging grin grin grin , read the manual of that inverter well, hope its charging system is smart not to over charge

My bro, na 10amp smart charger oh. The thing just tire me. I just dey think how I wan take buy another 30amp smart charger so that the battery go de charge fast.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bosc(m): 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
9ijaprince:
Pls how much is the 1kva inverter?
umps

Every thing cost me about 28k.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
Bosc:

My bro, na 10amp smart charger oh. The thing just tire me. I just dey think how I wan take buy another 30amp smart charger so that the battery go de charge fast.
too bad.. thats why i changed my mind after nearly buying the same inverter.. i later bought separate 1500w inverter for 9k, then 30amps smart charger 9k, totalling 18k. a standard 1kva inverter should av between 20-30amp charger.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kunle20: 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
Valto:
too bad.. thats why i changed my mind after nearly buying the same inverter.. i later bought separate 1500w inverter for 9k, then 30amps smart charger 9k, totalling 18k. a standard 1kva inverter should av between 20-30amp charger.

Please where did you bought that inverter & charger?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bosc(m): 4:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
Valto:

My guy it is really a waste of resources for me. Its the engineer that convinced me to go for it that he will recommend it for me. And by my Permutation i.e buying a brand new UPS and smart charger, I will spend close to the same amount. So I resolved to buying the inverter since it already has both fxns.
Plz When did you buy yours? Does the 30amp charger still cost the same price now?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
Bosc:

My guy it is really a waste of resources for me. Its the engineer that convinced me to go for it that he will recommend it for me. And by my Permutation i.e buying a brand new UPS and smart charger, I will spend close to the same amount. So I resolved to buying the inverter since it already has both fxns.
Plz When did you buy yours? Does the 30amp charger still cost the same price now?
yes, i bought it last week. though from a very close friend, who is the direct importer.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 9:52pm On Apr 04, 2016
kunle20:

Please where did you bought that inverter & charger?
mushin olosha bustop side. sowemimo street. call 08033153072
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by taiwooguns33(m): 10:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
Valto:
mushin olosha side. sowemimo street.
thanks for d info, can u pls drop the guy phone number.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:32pm On Apr 04, 2016
taiwooguns33:
thanks for d info, can u pls drop the guy phone number.
When u get to oshodi, enter motor to ojulegba, stop at MUSHIN OLOSHA bus stop then call 08033153072.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by coderXO(m): 4:41am On Apr 05, 2016
ceejay80s how you dey guy

I have that same leoch battery you have.

When fully charged, what is the voltage reading of the battery?

TIA smiley
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bosc(m): 4:59am On Apr 05, 2016
Valto:
When u get to oshodi, enter motor to ojulegba, stop at MUSHIN OLOSHA bus stop then call 08033153072.

I think that the charging capacity of my inverter is higher than the 10amp written on the manual. I said so because I discovered that my 200amp battery was fully charged by the time I came back from work yesterday. Still on testing mode, I slept with my fan ON (though I increased it to 2 this time) and it lasted from around 8:30pm till 4:30 am when it started beeping.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yomkris(m): 8:28am On Apr 05, 2016
Valto:
that's a nice one bro. But u never tell us the capacity and cost of the battery u bought with dis set up. Hope dis ur suplier sells bateries too.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Allem(m): 8:38am On Apr 05, 2016
Bosc:

I think that the charging capacity of my inverter is higher than the 10amp written on the manual. I said so because I discovered that my 200amp battery was fully charged by the time I came back from work yesterday. Still on testing mode, I slept with my fan ON (though I increased it to 2 this time) and it lasted from around 8:30pm till 4:30 am when it started beeping.
that means your fans are about 150w*2=300. that is good result. and for the inverter charger I learnt is about 12amps. bro you still need a smart charger. gud am all.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bosc(m): 9:49am On Apr 05, 2016
Allem:
that means your fans are about 150w*2=300. that is good result. and for the inverter charger I learnt is about 12amps. bro you still need a smart charger. gud am all.

I mean the speed of the fan.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
U can do it urself, its easy, na u know ur pocket and ur load

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.