Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (693110 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 6:50am On Jun 23, 2016
Good morning @all, pls my battery only charges for like 30 minutes then starts to make boiling sound. It does not last for more than 7 minutes after I disconnect the charger, could it be the charger or the battery has gone bad. NB: the charger is not a smart charger & the battery is a 200ah zenith battery
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 7:47am On Jun 23, 2016
Penuelseun:
Good morning @all, pls my battery only charges for like 30 minutes then starts to make boiling sound. It does not last for more than 7 minutes after I disconnect the charger, could it be the charger or the battery has gone bad. NB: the charger is not a smart charger & the battery is a 200ah zenith battery

Are you the one who got a battery gift and poured rain water in the cells sometime ago?
If yes, what exactly is the age of the battery?
Sounds like your battery has a ruined cell.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 10:13am On Jun 23, 2016
timifakay:

Are you the one who got a battery gift and poured rain water in the cells sometime ago?
If yes, what exactly is the age of the battery?
Sounds like your battery has a ruined cell.
Yeah, the battery is just a year plus, when I started using it, it lasts for like 45 mins to an hour on about 230 watts load, but now it barely last for 7mins on d same load. When I tested it with a multimeter after charging, it reads between 11.9 to 12.1 volts and I don't have a smart charger to know maybe the fault is from my charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2016
Penuelseun:
you should know your battery is gone..... I believe most zenith ba3s are SLA . So don't think of resurrecting.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
temizeee:
you should know your battery is gone..... I believe most zenith ba3s are SLA . So don't think of resurrecting.
Thanks. Man just broke now. So painful
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 12:46am On Jun 24, 2016
Penuelseun:
Yeah, the battery is just a year plus, when I started using it, it lasts for like 45 mins to an hour on about 230 watts load, but now it barely last for 7mins on d same load. When I tested it with a multimeter after charging, it reads between 11.9 to 12.1 volts and I don't have a smart charger to know maybe the fault is from my charger
It was ruined before you got it. A new 12V 200AH battery should hold 2400WH but it was lasting less than an hour on 230W... Which is less than 230WH. New battery loading 99%.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 12:57am On Jun 24, 2016
mukhcech:

Helllo House, I have got some Used 140watts Poly Solar Panels for sale at giveaway prices. Interested reach me on 081-6951-6662 thanks

is it still available?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 5:19am On Jun 24, 2016
Hello guys am selling my power set up,
1. 200 amps deep cycle batteries 2 pieces( which gives 400 amps)
2. 40 amps smart charger.
3. 1,200 watts ups
,Reasons why am selling them are, I need to raise money urgently for a personal protect and I will not use it at my new base.

I use these set ups on these home appliances small led TV 40 watts,4x9 watts energy saver bulbs=39watts,gotv decoder 30 watts,standing fan 40 watts,laptops 60 watts,3 phone chargers 15 watts,= 224 watts,approximately 250 watts load, and it serves me for 6 hours.

Am selling them at give away price of N85,000.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:08am On Jun 24, 2016
Penuelseun:
Thanks. Man just broke now. So painful
Atleast u for use Smart charger na
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by akinus(m): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
9ijaprince:
3. 1,200 watts ups
,Reasons why am selling them are, I need to raise money urgently for a personal protect and I will not use it at my new base.

I use these set ups on these home appliances small led TV 40 watts,4x9 watts energy saver bulbs=39watts,gotv decoder 30 watts,standing fan 40 watts,laptops 60 watts,3 phone chargers 15 watts,= 224 watts,approximately 250 watts load, and it serves me for 6 hours.

Your location
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by joenor(m): 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hello Bro, sorry to ask this, are those two bat3 connected to the blue gate UPS?
9ijaprince:
3. 1,200 watts ups

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
Yes
joenor:
Hello Bro, sorry to ask this, are those two bat3 connected to the blue gate UPS?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
Yenagoa, Bayelsa state
akinus:

Your location
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
I have only used this power bank for barely three months.
9ijaprince:
3. 1,200 watts ups

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
Penuelseun:

Ur battery could be dead, but always use s smart charger and don't overload, my used batteries are more than a year old now and are still working perfectly , sometimes these non smart chargers destroys batteries
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by akinus(m): 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
9ijaprince:
Yenagoa, Bayelsa state
Am in abuja
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by FxDominion(m): 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
Good aftenoon GURUS in the house, please can I use 1.75kva blue gate ups with deep freezer and fridge at the same time? Or if I can only use it with just one of them, which one is safer to use it with?

Thanks in advance for honest answers as I await it.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
ceejay80s:

Ur battery could be dead, but always use s smart charger and don't overload, my used batteries are more than a year old now and are still working perfectly , sometimes these non smart chargers destroys batteries
Thanks, I am still hoping that the charger is bad & not the battery coz when I bridge the terminals, there is a great spark, it also powers my laptop & charges my phone for close to 2hours
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by laposta: 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
FxDominion:
Good aftenoon GURUS in the house, please can I use 1.75kva blue gate ups with deep freezer and fridge at the same time? Or if I can only use it with just one of them, which one is safer to use it with?

Thanks in advance for honest answers as I await it.

Freezer alone (I hope it's not a massive freezer...lol). And the thermostat must be deactivated. The starting current of the compressor is about 8 times the rated current. you don't want the freezer going on and off on the UPS repeatedly.

The reason you may not be able to use the fridge is that you cannot deactivate the thermostat of a fridge fully. It will still start/stop at intervals.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by joenor(m): 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hello Ceejay there was a post by this man, I'm surprise (9ijaprince) he put up something, I think you should look at too, or what do you think? Can two giant batteries be use for a 1.2KVA UPS? or am I not getting something right here?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by FxDominion(m): 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
laposta:

Freezer alone (I hope it's not a massive freezer...lol). And the thermostat must be deactivated. The starting current of the compressor is about 8 times the rated current. you don't want the freezer going on and off on the UPS repeatedly.

The reason you may not be able to use the fridge is that you cannot deactivate the thermostat of a fridge fully. It will still start/stop at intervals.

Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
9ijaprince:
I have only used this power bank for barely three months.
Can you sell one of the batteries to me? I need only battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
joenor:
Hello Ceejay there was a post by this man, I'm surprise (9ijaprince) he put up something, I think you should look at too, or what do you think? Can two giant batteries be use for a 1.2KVA UPS? or am I not getting something right here?

He is using it with a 40 amps smart charger ...so you just got this one right grin
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
No am selling both
vitality22:

Can you sell one of the batteries to me? I need only battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 6:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
Trippledots:

is it still available?

Yeah, reach me through my contact.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
9ijaprince:
No am selling both
How much are both batteries?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 12:22am On Jun 25, 2016
una welldone o gurus

question:

is anyone charging their laptop with the battery directly without plugging to inverter/ups, pls how?

and which is advisable and more efficient;
to charge laptop with inverter/ups or to connect it to the battery directly with the help of a booster.

thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by meraki(f): 1:04am On Jun 25, 2016
Latest On MTN Beta Talk, Tru Talk & Pulse!

On every recharge between N200- N499 , you get 50mb data bonus valid for two (2) days.

On every recharge from N500 and above, you get 100mb valid for two (2) days.

MTN Pulse

To get 1GB for N500 (For 7 Days);

Recharge minimum of N500 and

Send P500 as an SMS to 131, or,

Dial *406# and select option No 2, or,

Dial *406*2*2#

Read more: https://techiefreebies./2016/06/22/latest-on-mtn-beta-talk-tru-talk-pulse/
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 5:12am On Jun 25, 2016
meraki:
Latest On MTN Beta Talk, Tru Talk & Pulse!

On every recharge between N200- N499 , you get 50mb data bonus valid for two (2) days.

On every recharge from N500 and above, you get 100mb valid for two (2) days.

MTN Pulse

To get 1GB for N500 (For 7 Days);

Recharge minimum of N500 and

Send P500 as an SMS to 131, or,

Dial *406# and select option No 2, or,

Dial *406*2*2#

Read more: https://techiefreebies./2016/06/22/latest-on-mtn-beta-talk-tru-talk-pulse/
Abeg nor spoil this thread go post am for phone thread,here na inverter/ups stuff.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Pakingzzz(m): 1:42pm On Jun 25, 2016
Yemmyteespeed007:
una welldone o gurus

question:

is anyone charging their laptop with the battery directly without plugging to inverter/ups, pls how?

and which is advisable and more efficient;
to charge laptop with inverter/ups or to connect it to the battery directly with the help of a booster.

thanks

You can charge a laptop with the battery directly without plugging to inverter/ups using a boost converter to boost it to 19v 3a. You can throw some electronic components together to achieve that. However, charging a laptop with the battery directly without plugging to inverter/ups, is much more efficient, than plugging into an inverter/ups.
This is due to the fact that the power conversion goes through two stages: converting from 12v battery to 220vac, then conversion from 220vac down to 19vdc. This has come to be a necessary devil. And each conversion wastes some amount of usable power from the main source (the battery).
So you see that its quite wise to just do a single STEPUP conversion to save some power; that is if it's in your ability to do. But if not, then stick with the necessary devil.
We build all kinds of Dc-Dc step up and step down.
Just reach us at: Kingsleyobinna26@yahoo.com, or call 08099875308
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 11:55pm On Jun 25, 2016
Pakingzzz:

You can charge a laptop with the battery directly without plugging to inverter/ups using a boost converter to boost it to 19v 3a. You can throw some electronic components together to achieve that. However, charging a laptop with the battery directly without plugging to inverter/ups, is much more efficient, than plugging into an inverter/ups.
This is due to the fact that the power conversion goes through two stages: converting from 12v battery to 220vac, then conversion from 220vac down to 19vdc. This has come to be a necessary devil. And each conversion wastes some amount of usable power from the main source (the battery).
So you see that its quite wise to just do a single STEPUP conversion to save some power; that is if it's in your ability to do. But if not, then stick with the necessary devil.
We build all kinds of Dc-Dc step up and step down.
Just reach us at: Kingsleyobinna26@yahoo.com, or call 08099875308
thanks. how much is the converter
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Pakingzzz(m): 7:40am On Jun 26, 2016
Yemmyteespeed007:
thanks. how much is the converter
The converter is N8k

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.