Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Sanitation Day Is Illegal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanitation Day Is Illegal (542 Views)

Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB / Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention / Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanitation Day Is Illegal by mrinsurer: 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
It's the duty of munipal governments all over the world clean the cities and towns from the proceed of tax they receive from the citizens/residents.
State governments should license private refuse collectors and assign each collector a particular area to cover.The residents will be required to pay for the service on monthly basis and defaulters will be sanctioned with a fine by an enforcement unit/mobile court that will be headed by Chief Sanitary Inspector in the local government.
A lot of employments will be generated when sanitation is well organized and wealth will be created from recycling these wastes.In city like Lagos estates can decide to hire a refuse collector of their choice and pay them from estate dues they collect from residents.Government will equally make money from issuing licenses to waste collectors who will take care of industrial,commercial and residential waste.
It's waste of economic and social time to shut down a city in the name of sanitation day.
Ifeanyi Ukpabi
Re: Sanitation Day Is Illegal by apogeez(m): 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: Sanitation Day Is Illegal by mikolo80: 1:11am On Jul 06, 2015
There's a law/decree dude
Re: Sanitation Day Is Illegal by Chylo(m): 2:29am On Jul 06, 2015
mikolo80:
There's a law/decree dude

Please educate me. Is this a law in the constitution, or from military regime? Does it supersede the constitutional right to freedom of movement? If such a law exists, can its legality be challenged in a court?
I think this is the OP's point, and I am tempted to agree.
Why should government restrict my movement in the guise of "sanitation". It is never done anywhere else in the world.

1 Like

Re: Sanitation Day Is Illegal by mikolo80: 9:12am On Jul 06, 2015
Chylo:

Please educate me. Is this a law in the constitution, or from military regime? Does it supersede the constitutional right to freedom of movement? If such a law exists, can its legality be challenged in a court?
I think this is the OP's point, and I am tempted to agree.
Why should government restrict my movement in the guise of "sanitation". It is never done anywhere else in the world.
weda na decree o or na act wen dem don ratify,fact remains that it will remain in force until "you" successfully challenge it in court
Re: Sanitation Day Is Illegal by iykebesbt1(m): 9:46am On Jul 06, 2015
True

(1) (Reply)

Stop Calling Terrorist By Any Religious Name, Call Them The Eradicators-egypt / Tune Into Silverbird Tv And Watch Lai Mohammed Being Interview / Transformation Agenda Does Not Belong To PDP, Jonathan – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.