Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,281 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari (1577 Views)

I Will Cross Your National Red Line, Lere Olayinka Dares Buhari / Corruption: Probe Your Election Sponsors First, Fayose Tells Buhari / Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by shedraq1: 12:27am On Jul 06, 2015
CORRUPTION WAR: PROBE YOUR APC SPONSORS – BALARABE DARES BUHARI
Second republic governor of old Kaduna state and chieftain of the Peoples Redemption Party, PRP, Alhaji Balarabe Musa has challenged President Muhammadu Buhari to probe the source of wealth of chieftains of the All Progressives Party, APC, that sponsored his election to reassure Nigerians that he is ready to tackle corruption.
Speaking during an interview with the Nigerian Pilot Sunday, Balarabe Musa said it is mischievous for any member of any of the political parties to be pointing accusing fingers in the direction of other parties as corruption is pervasive in all political parties and facet of the society.
He said it is impossible for anyone to spend several billions on presidential or governorship campaign without part of the funds coming from what is stolen from the public treasury.
“We know what we are talking about on credibility. Look, corruption has reached its peak in Nigeria. Virtually every Nigerians survive on some form of corruption or the other, knowingly or unknowingly, directly or indirectly.
“Now, the situation is that election in Nigeria can never be free and fair because the deciding factor in politics and election is stolen money factor.
“You have to spend money stolen from public funds to be relevant in the political party and to contest and win any election or defend the election victory. Now, how can there be free, fair and transparent election in Nigeria?
“We have estimated that for anybody to contest for the Presidency with the hope of succeeding, one has to spend at least N50billion. For a governor, at least N10billion, for Senate N1 billion, member of the House of Representative at least N200 million, member of State House of Assembly and Local Government Chairman at least N100 million naira and anything up to N400 million naira respectively.
“You have to spend that money from your own unearned income or unearned income of someone who is sponsoring you. Under this circumstance, can there be a free, fair and transparent election?
“And if you want to root out corruption in this country, you have to take that into consideration and you have to probe everyone and everything.
“I know people say it will take this government half the time doing nothing but probing. But it is worth it, it is better to spend two (2) years largely only probing and set things right after 2 years than to continue like this.
“For instance, if we have done the right thing five years ago, we wouldn’t have been bogged down with the present situation whereby you cannot win any election unless you are a thief.
“From Local government to Presidency, the amount required for campaigning can only come from somebody that has stolen public funds or somebody who rely on somebody who has stolen public funds.”
Responding to question on the possible involvement of APC members whose campaign was based on anti-corruption war; the elder statesman said no political party in Nigeria can win the presidency without stolen public money.
“Any party, even my party the People Redemption Party, PRP has to use stolen money to win the Presidency in Nigeria. Well, the question is where can we get that? Yes we can’t get that so let’s rule that out. But those who can will have to use it.
“During the 2015 general elections, APC must have used as much money as PDP used or even more. And it is not surprising because just as the PDP have Governors and President, so had the APC.
“So, if the President wants to clean up and succeed, he has to probe everyone and everything, there is no time limit, he said
-Nigerian Pilot

2 Likes

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by HungerBAD: 12:27am On Jul 06, 2015
Once upon a time, Alhaji Balarabe Musa was somebody i respected a lot. But that was a long time ago before little things like age,dementia,hob-nosing with criminals,constant losing,failure both in his public and personal life now set in.

That respect was a long time ago.

So who are the sponsors of Buhari? has Buhari openly said any body sponsored him?how do we re-define the term leaders of a party, to sponsors?President Buhari will probe a lot of people, but 99% of those getting probed will be from the PDP. And this, is for the simple reason that PDP has stolen everything conceivable that can be stolen this last sixteen years, and finally the proverbial chicken is coming home to roost.

A lot of people will flee with their ill gotten wealth, a lot will get locked up in jail and the smart ones among them will return to Nigeria, what is rightfully hers.

But i digress.

It still puzzles me when i see people fighting against change. I see a lot of people fighting against Buhari, and i ask myself why?there is only one reason i stand with Buhari. And that is his hard stance against corruption, and corrupt people. By the first month when Goodluck Jonathan came in, Billions in Dollars were just disappearing left and right without anybody being held accountable. From the Bode George's to the Mike Ogiahdome's.

We thought in Babangida's time Nigeria had it bad. But with Goodluck Jonathan and PDP , they institutionalized corruption to a level that you did not need 5 WAEC credits to get admission into it. We can start making a list of monies stolen openly, and i tell you by tomorrow we will still be here counting. The money raised at the first declaration of Goodluck Jonathan for Presidency, by his cronies is enough to sort out the electricity problems of Nigeria once and all.

Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe then?no.

The billions of Dollars Sanusi said was missing under Jonathan's watch, Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe?no.
The Halliburton bribe money, returned into Jonathan's personal account, Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe?no.
The almost 100 Billion Naira, that PDP used in the last election,Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe?no.
The Billions of Dollars his two mistresses(Oduah/Madueke)helped him siphon to the Cayman island and the Bahamas,Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe?no.
The Billions of Dollars spent on a Ghost amnesty program for Militants,by PDP. Led by Orubebe to Siphon money Overseas for Jonathan,Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe?no.
The sells of our oil wells and Billions of Dollars in Revenue, deposited directly to Jonathan's foreign account, Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe?no.

We can go on and on, on why they have to be a probe. But Alhaji Balarabe Musa this probe will not be about those close to Buhari, but against those that have been eating Nigeria dry this last 16 Years.

Lastly, all of you gathered against Buhari should hide your head in Shame. It is a shame to see people celebrate mediocrity and corruption. The sad thing is, i ask them WHY DO YOU DISLIKE BUHARI? that is when they will start scratching their heads to think for the answers to give.

I have repeatedly said it, in Buhari's regime, millions of Nigeria belonging to Nigeria will never be lost, let alone BILLIONS.

Alhaji Balarabe Musa should go and sit down, he is from the Okotie Eboh Era and does not know what is obtainable in the NEW Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by ChelseaDr(m): 12:28am On Jul 06, 2015
ok
Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by shollay09(m): 12:29am On Jul 06, 2015
Bro, howfar u na... Why d long story??
Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by hilary26(m): 12:31am On Jul 06, 2015
Truth said

3 Likes

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by kamair237(m): 12:38am On Jul 06, 2015
wait Buhari Don talk say Ir no go probe dem(apc's)... I belong to no...... I belong to....... Na just say probing get diff kind patants Make PDP dem lef Buhari Massa their time be don pass...
Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by Goddex: 12:44am On Jul 06, 2015
Amaechi stole Rivers money to sponsor Buhari's campaign. Can Buhari probe that?

5 Likes

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by boboLIL(m): 12:56am On Jul 06, 2015
Truth is bitter......he can't pr0be dem.....

I miss GEJ

6 Likes

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 06, 2015
wait for sanusi to respond to you.
Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 06, 2015
Lol.... baba one chance is clean o...he used loan to buy form, he use the loan to tour almost all d states too...
wait lets see wat demdem and berem will say...

4 Likes

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by Kesmakveli(m): 1:27am On Jul 06, 2015
i really wish he can start from probing his own people, but he can only do that if his hands are perfectly clean...

3 Likes

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by Cjrane2: 1:32am On Jul 06, 2015
shedraq1:
CORRUPTION WAR: PROBE YOUR APC SPONSORS – BALARABE DARES BUHARI
Second republic governor of old Kaduna state and chieftain of the Peoples Redemption Party, PRP, Alhaji Balarabe Musa has challenged President Muhammadu Buhari to probe the source of wealth of chieftains of the All Progressives Party, APC, that sponsored his election to reassure Nigerians that he is ready to tackle corruption.
Speaking during an interview with the Nigerian Pilot Sunday, Balarabe Musa said it is mischievous for any member of any of the political parties to be pointing accusing fingers in the direction of other parties as corruption is pervasive in all political parties and facet of the society.
He said it is impossible for anyone to spend several billions on presidential or governorship campaign without part of the funds coming from what is stolen from the public treasury.
“We know what we are talking about on credibility. Look, corruption has reached its peak in Nigeria. Virtually every Nigerians survive on some form of corruption or the other, knowingly or unknowingly, directly or indirectly.
“Now, the situation is that election in Nigeria can never be free and fair because the deciding factor in politics and election is stolen money factor.
“You have to spend money stolen from public funds to be relevant in the political party and to contest and win any election or defend the election victory. Now, how can there be free, fair and transparent election in Nigeria?
“We have estimated that for anybody to contest for the Presidency with the hope of succeeding, one has to spend at least N50billion. For a governor, at least N10billion, for Senate N1 billion, member of the House of Representative at least N200 million, member of State House of Assembly and Local Government Chairman at least N100 million naira and anything up to N400 million naira respectively.
“You have to spend that money from your own unearned income or unearned income of someone who is sponsoring you. Under this circumstance, can there be a free, fair and transparent election?
“And if you want to root out corruption in this country, you have to take that into consideration and you have to probe everyone and everything.
“I know people say it will take this government half the time doing nothing but probing. But it is worth it, it is better to spend two (2) years largely only probing and set things right after 2 years than to continue like this.
“For instance, if we have done the right thing five years ago, we wouldn’t have been bogged down with the present situation whereby you cannot win any election unless you are a thief.
“From Local government to Presidency, the amount required for campaigning can only come from somebody that has stolen public funds or somebody who rely on somebody who has stolen public funds.”
Responding to question on the possible involvement of APC members whose campaign was based on anti-corruption war; the elder statesman said no political party in Nigeria can win the presidency without stolen public money.
“Any party, even my party the People Redemption Party, PRP has to use stolen money to win the Presidency in Nigeria. Well, the question is where can we get that? Yes we can’t get that so let’s rule that out. But those who can will have to use it.
“During the 2015 general elections, APC must have used as much money as PDP used or even more. And it is not surprising because just as the PDP have Governors and President, so had the APC.
“So, if the President wants to clean up and succeed, he has to probe everyone and everything, there is no time limit, he said
-Nigerian Pilot

Of course Buhari cannot probe the crooks that have sponsored his electoral campaign. That is why his anti corruption crusade is fake and flawed from the start

4 Likes

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by Nobody: 2:10am On Jul 06, 2015
Buhari, APC and their change mantra are the biggest fraud ever carried out by Nigerians, on Nigerians. The man is old and confused.

I am only speaking as a concerned Nigerian.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by oshyno(m): 3:01am On Jul 06, 2015
If Buhari knows what is good for him , he shud just decree that all past corrupt ptractices are forgiven but anybody caught stilling again from now will be used as a scapegoat and dealt with ruthlessly grin grin grin grin. That way he can focus on the future. He cant touch d likes of Tinubu naa. E chop winch ?

3 Likes

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by caprini1: 3:04am On Jul 06, 2015
The truth is very bitter ...but the man is absolutely right,anything short of this ,is not acceptable!

2 Likes

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by applord: 3:30am On Jul 06, 2015
[size=25pt]WORD[/size]

Please who has seen THI(EVE)NUBU shocked

2 Likes

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by Badguytinz(m): 3:41am On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 06, 2015
Alhaji Barabe Musa, I thank you so much for being sincere to yourself and to Nigerians on this issue of corruption.

Buhari came in with corruption mark on his face like 666 because of the sponsors that made it possible so for him to fight corruption, he has to clean his house first.

From there, he should then move on to the immediate past administration all the way down to OBJ regime.

He can't have the likes of Amaechi, Kayode, Atiku, Tinubu and co as allies and be talking about war on corruption.

Charity, they say, begins at home. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by brixton: 4:16am On Jul 06, 2015
Confused daura dullardinhooo of west Germany.

1 Like

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by raymondzack: 4:39am On Jul 06, 2015
brixton:
Confused daura dullardinhooo of west Germany.
confusion an understatement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by shedraq1: 6:40am On Jul 06, 2015
raymondzack:
confusion an understatement

At least PMB is better than the clueless GEJ
Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by raymondzack: 6:56am On Jul 06, 2015
shedraq1:

At least PMB is better than the clueless GEJ
can u define clueless

1 Like

Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by Day169: 7:37am On Jul 06, 2015
HungerBAD:
Once upon a time, Alhaji Balarabe Musa was somebody i respected a lot. But that was a long time ago before little things like age,dementia,hob-nosing with criminals,constant losing,failure both in his public and personal life now set in.

That respect was a long time ago.

So who are the sponsors of Buhari? has Buhari openly said any body sponsored him?how do we re-define the term leaders of a party, to sponsors?President Buhari will probe a lot of people, but 99% of those getting probed will be from the PDP. And this, is for the simple reason that PDP has stolen everything conceivable that can be stolen this last sixteen years, and finally the proverbial chicken is coming home to roost.

A lot of people will flee with their ill gotten wealth, a lot will get locked up in jail and the smart ones among them will return to Nigeria, what is rightfully hers.

But i digress.

It still puzzles me when i see people fighting against change. I see a lot of people fighting against Buhari, and i ask myself why?there is only one reason i stand with Buhari. And that is his hard stance against corruption, and corrupt people. By the first month when Goodluck Jonathan came in, Billions in Dollars were just disappearing left and right without anybody being held accountable. From the Bode George's to the Mike Ogiahdome's.

We thought in Babangida's time Nigeria had it bad. But with Goodluck Jonathan and PDP , they institutionalized corruption to a level that you did not need 5 WAEC credits to get admission into it. We can start making a list of monies stolen openly, and i tell you by tomorrow we will still be here counting. The money raised at the first declaration of Goodluck Jonathan for Presidency, by his cronies is enough to sort out the electricity problems of Nigeria once and all.

Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe then?no.

The billions of Dollars Sanusi said was missing under Jonathan's watch, Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe?no.
The Halliburton bribe money, returned into Jonathan's personal account, Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe?no.
The almost 100 Billion Naira, that PDP used in the last election,Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe?no.
The Billions of Dollars his two mistresses(Oduah/Madueke)helped him siphon to the Cayman island and the Bahamas,Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe?no.
The Billions of Dollars spent on a Ghost amnesty program for Militants,by PDP. Led by Orubebe to Siphon money Overseas for Jonathan,Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe?no.
The sells of our oil wells and Billions of Dollars in Revenue, deposited directly to Jonathan's foreign account, Alhaji Balarabe Musa did you call for a probe?no.

We can go on and on, on why they have to be a probe. But Alhaji Balarabe Musa this probe will not be about those close to Buhari, but against those that have been eating Nigeria dry this last 16 Years.

Lastly, all of you gathered against Buhari should hide your head in Shame. It is a shame to see people celebrate mediocrity and corruption. The sad thing is, i ask them WHY DO YOU DISLIKE BUHARI? that is when they will start scratching their heads to think for the answers to give.

I have repeatedly said it, in Buhari's regime, millions of Nigeria belonging to Nigeria will never be lost, let alone BILLIONS.

Alhaji Balarabe Musa should go and sit down, he is from the Okotie Eboh Era and does not know what is obtainable in the NEW Nigeria.

No "likes" despite all this story?
Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by funlord(m): 7:47am On Jul 06, 2015
grin Ah? This one go hard oh! Make him bite the hand wey feed am? Lol!
Re: Corruption War: Probe Your Apc Sponsors – Balarabe Dares Buhari by shedraq1: 11:19am On Jul 06, 2015
Day169:

No "likes" despite all this story?

Is it likes that determines the authenticity of a news article....MTCHEEW BBm and facebook generation like you

(1) (Reply)

New York Times Reports On Radio Biafra / A Tale Of Two Handshakes: Spot The Difference / PMB, APC Taking Nigeria On New Path To Regain Lost Glory – Onu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.