Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,994 members, 7,848,999 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:14 PM

Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. (1604 Views)

Jonathan & Okonjo-Iweala Congratulate Amina Mohammed. Nigerians React / Buhari To EFCC: Return N10bn To NBC / Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by fatdon2(m): 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
Edo State Governor, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, on Friday alleged that former President Goodluck Jonathan and his Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, jointly denied his state about N10bn in four years. He said the sum was an estimate of what could have accrued to his state if the past administration had been faithful in remitting taxes paid by the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas Company and Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria into the Consolidated Federation Account the same way the present administration did. Oshiomhole spoke with State House correspondents shortly after he and former governor of Rivers State,
Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, met behind closed-doors with President Muhammadu Buhari inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja. The governor claimed that if the $1.6bn NLNG tax that Buhari used as bailout for states had come during the Jonathan administration, it would have gone the same way it has been going without states benefitting. He said he was happy with Buhari because he had made it clear that he would put an end to impunity and fragrant disobedient of law and order and ensure transparency and order. He said, “All the noise that have been generated over what happened last week, there was nothing extraordinary. What was extraordinary is that the NLNG has over the years been remitting funds to the Federal Government but the government illegally refused to transfer these funds to the consolidated revenue fund which belongs to the three tiers of government. “All that President Buhari was, in line with his commitments to ensuring that all funds and monies accruing to the Federation Account are so remitted, that he has directed the CBN to transfer the funds to the consolidated funds. “Our commissioners along with federal officials met last week to share those funds in line with the revenue allocation formula. If this money had come under the last President, it would have gone the same way as in previous years. “The NLNG is not starting fresh to remit. It has been doing that every year plus taxes paid by, I think Shell, amounting to about $500 million added to the amount of $1.6 billion from NLNG that total to the amount of $2.1 billion. That was the money that was shared. “Imagine what Edo State got from this renewed transparency and total compliance to the spirit and letter of the constitution in section 80. If what we got last week, courtesy of this renewed commitment to transparency, if we had gotten this in the past four years consecutively, we would have made about N10 billion. “So, by the same token, Edo State government had lost N10 billion under President Goodluck Jonathan and under Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. And this is the point we have been making when analysts just talk about states, states, they do not really probe the specifics and because the federal voice is always louder and people make assumptions
that certain people are not likely to do certain things, the truth is that so much was not paid to the federation account and that explains the huge gap.” The governor said that was why he had maintained that the current economic problem is not only about drop in oil price but also because of the denial of a lot of revenue that ought to have accrued into the Federation Account. On the clamour for increase in national minimum wage, Oshiomhole said he believed strongly that workers, especially those in the public sector, are underpaid.
www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-okonjo-iweala-deny-edo-n10bn-oshiomhole/#comments
cc lalasticlala
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Fairgodwin(m): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
What do I even have to say? Nothing!
Hmm, everybody can now freely run their mouth just cuz Jonathan is no longer there. But the end they say shall tell. And I believe in the FULLNESS OF TIME, we shall all know who truly was better!
I rest my case!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by INTROVERT(f): 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dis man is a ma d man

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Emekamex(m): 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
What meaningful thing did you do with the one you were given

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by midolian(m): 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Dis man is a ma d man
Orem Orem! cheesy cheesy anybody wey don talk true about ya pple na mad man to u.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
midolian:
Orem Orem! cheesy cheesy anybody wey don talk true about ya pple na mad man to u.
D guy no do anytin for dat state, I dhe tell u d truth. D guy and dat his "witch" mama dhe eat money anyhow, wif dat his "imported wife"

Pls, hope aminat508 is safe, ve missed her so much.
If she's seeing dis, wanna use dis medium to let her know how much I miss her and love her!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
Oshiomole the heir apparent to Aregberascal

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by oduastates: 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
Impunity.
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by owobokiri(m): 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

D guy no do anytin for dat state, I dhe tell u d truth. D guy and dat his "witch" mama dhe eat money anyhow, wif dat his "imported wife"

If she's seeing dis, wanna use dis medium to let her know how much I miss her and love her!

If them use ikebe set trap for you, e don catch you put jara
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by gwales: 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
I love change
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by richidinho(m): 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
Osho osho
Our new Auditor cum financial analyst

He bought a wife wt $5b.....how abt that?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
Emekamex:
What meaningful thing did you do with the one you were given
boy i will advice u cal ur fellow biafra brothers who reside in edo state and ask them what oshiomhole has been doing in edo state or better stil ask a fellow nairalander who reside in edo state. a simple advice to u,..dnt stay in ur state and judge sum elected office holders in another state, the best way to know how they work is to ask sumone who reside in d said state. i bet u dat u wud go home with a broken head from 8 out of 10 persons in edo state if u open ur mouth and insult oshiomhole. or do u tink its a govs dat under perform just like those criminals in d east?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Dannyset(m): 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

With this u won't be able to notice what good Osho is doing in Edo. Ur more carried away with this.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

do u reside in edo state or u re an indigene? sumtin tells me ur mother is also a witch and thats how u knws sumones mother is a witch. bt sadly 4 u, ur witch mum cudnt mk u progress while oshiomhole witch much "as u claimed" made him a former labour president and a state gov. a position ur generation both past and present can and will never attain. hmm,..i pity ur personality and i weep uncountrollably for u. "TEARS IN MY EYES"

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by juman(m): 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hope those governors will look into other areas to generate money.

**Shout-out to the present president for his transparency. You are too much baba.
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by laudate: 11:35am On Jul 11, 2015
Fairgodwin:
What do I even have to say? Nothing!
Hmm, everybody can now freely run their mouth just cuz Jonathan is no longer there. But the end they say shall tell. And I believe in the FULLNESS OF TIME, we shall all know who truly was better!
I rest my case!

Don't mind Adams. He is a turncoat. When he was in NLC, he was on the side of the masses. After he became a governor, he abandoned his creed and became worse than a cut-throat capitalist.

In all his years as governor, how many industries did he attract to the state? How many jobs did he create? What great achievement did he spur his people to embark on, in order to win national acclaim? shocked shocked

While his counterparts in Delta and Akwa Ibom states were busy building great roads, world-class hospitals and improving their health care systems, Adams was busy gallivanting between Cape Verde and Nigeria, in order to shop for a new wife that is half his age. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2015
Lara shd kip this man Busy.
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by grandstar(m): 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
laudate:

Don't mind Adams. He is a turncoat. When he was in NLC, he was on the side of the masses. After he became a governor, he abandoned his creed and became worse than a cut-throat capitalist.

In all his years as governor, how many industries did he attract to the state? How many jobs did he create? What great achievement did he spur his people to embark on, in order to win national acclaim? shocked shocked

While his counterparts in Delta and Akwa Ibom states were busy building great roads, world-class hospitals and improving their health care systems, Adams was busy gallivanting between Cape Verde and Nigeria, in order to shop for a new wife that is half his age. lipsrsealed

Osho when he was a unionist was an idealist. In government, he has become a pragmatist.

He thought governments had unlimited funds and should do more for their people. Upon assuming power however , he soon realised that there really was no money and had to manage the funds available and good as possible.

Its like a little child who says he was to eat chicken everyday. It is the innocence that asks the question.Wisdom would not even think about it
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Buchukwu: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lol
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by sammyj: 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
Clueless people always deny the fact.!! grin
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
sometimes it baffles me how some nigerians reason. stupidity is when someone reside in mayb lagos state and judge a govs of another state performers base on what the person reads online without either going to d state or asking the state resident abt what is going on in the said state. @laudate, do u want me to right ur wrong thinking abt sum of the achievement of dis said oshiomhole u re talking rubbish abt?
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by laudate: 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
mystage:
sometimes it baffles me how some nigerians reason. stupidity is when someone reside in mayb lagos state and judge a govs of another state performers base on what the person reads online without either going to d state or asking the state resident abt what is going on in the said state. @laudate, do u want me to right ur wrong thinking abt sum of the achievement of dis said oshiomhole u re talking rubbish abt?

What 'wrong thinking' for crying out loud??! shocked shocked shocked angry I go to Edo State regularly, as I have a few projects there. sad

And I did not talk any rubbish about Oshiomhole. I merely stated the facts.

If you have facts of your own about how well he has done, oya state them here...stop attacking people for no just cause. Mtcheew! angry

At least in Delta State, Uduaghan left world class hospitals and a good healthcare system. In Akwa Ibom, Akpabio's name is written in gold because of the beautiful infrastructure he left behind in the state, ranging from the best stadium in West Africa to the five star hospitals, in Uyo and its environs. In addition, 80% of Akwa Ibom has been connected to the national grid and power supply in the state is far more steady than in other states. undecided

Biko, tell us if Oshiomhole's achievements and level of infrastructure in Benin, are as good as those of his counterparts. Provide facts, figures and proof! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
laudate:

What 'wrong thinking' for crying out loud??! shocked shocked shocked angry I go to Edo State regularly, as I have a few projects there. sad

And I did not talk any rubbish about Oshiomhole. I merely stated the facts.

If you have facts of your own about how well he has done, oya state them here...stop attacking people for no just cause. Mtcheew! angry

At least in Delta State, Uduaghan left world class hospitals and a good healthcare system. In Akwa Ibom, Akpabio's name is written in gold because of the beautiful infrastructure he left behind in the state, ranging from the best stadium in West Africa to the five star hospitals, in Uyo and its environs. In addition, 80% of Akwa Ibom has been connected to the national grid and power supply in the state is far more steady than in other states. undecided

Biko, tell us if Oshiomhole's achievements and level of infrastructure in Benin, are as good as those of his counterparts. Provide facts, figures and proof! shocked

Mind Not my comment if its insultive to u. But as u said let me inform u and every other ignorant nairalander. But before that I have to to tell that u shudnt espect same ting from two states with different financial muscles because as at last check when delta and akwa ibom dat u refered to gets an average of 20 to 23 billion naira monthly, edo state receive between 4-5 billion. U can check d stats for that. And another ting u shud also take into consideration is dat wen d state u mention had 1 or two tinz on ground to continue with, oshiomole meant absolutely nothing and I believe u will agree with me on this. And finnally I Tink I am in the best capacity to tell u abt edo state because not only I am an indigene but I also reside in edo state. Gra, benin city to be precise. Though I had also stayed in other states like lagos, p.h, abuja, etc base on son of a retired police and transfer tinz. That said let me tell u way oshiomhole has done. INVESTMENT TO EDO STATE, its is clear that before oshiomole came on board there was only ebs, itv and nta in the state because d former governer whose father owns itv refuse other private TV station from coming to the state but since oshiomole became gov stv, ait, and channels TV is now in edo state which also include radio stations like vibes FM and kufm. EDUCATION; before oshiomole all schools in edo state both primary and secondary including emokpae primary sch and ihogbe secondary sch which I attended were so bad to d extent of no chair and desk for pupils and students, but since oshiomole became gov abt 70 percent of these said schools has been renovated with red roof which I believe u know and even airconditions in staff Rooms and headmasters/headmistress and princiles office(ask any gov sch teacher in edo state who teaches in a sch which has been renovated). I will rest my case for now and I implore u to name any aspect and I will outline what oshiomole has done. But before I rest for now it should be noted that despite the fact that oshiomole tenure ends next year works are still ongoing in the state which include construction of 2nd east circular rd, upper mission rd, upper siluko rd, adesuwa rd, etc in benin city alone also with construction of auchi and queen Eden Gully erotion and don't also forget this comes with regular pay of state workers salary on or before 28th of every month. So bros pls name a sector and let me tell u wat oshiomole has done in such sector and I dare any edo state resident to point any lie in everytin have listed. Thanks
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
@laudate, tanks my bro frm another state bt bfor i go on i blieve u shud also tel fellow nairaladers ur state nd what ur gov did, has done or he is doing, and mind u pls no insult bcus i tink am too big for such. ur question talked abt wat oshiomole has done dat is uncomparable. ist i wil stil go back to my ealier messg, u dnt expect a state with minimal resources to build a stadium of over 10billion which i nd fellow edo indigene/residents knws is irrelevant bcus dats nt wat we need bt dat said i wil also go back to my ealier messg nd tel u wat oshiomole did or has done dat cant be compare nd dat is gov schools with even aircondion in principle offices, tel me a state with such project nd also if u tink am liein i wil advice u to tour d renovated nd reconstructed schs urself. another worthy to be mentioned is the 40bn naira storm water project which takes care of erotions in d state nd it has yielded results as there are no longer erotion wen it rains at 5 junction, airport rd, sapele rd, etc. oya ask anoda.
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by bosedekemi(f): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
Just wondering why Oshiomhole is so desperate. Money money money every time. Haha undecided

How much did he spend marrying a woman young enough to be his daughter...

After squandering his state's money he is looking for whom to blame.

Can't he embark on a money yielding project for his state for once.

Shame on him angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
@laudate. nd wen u talk of infrastructure my guy den let me mention those in benin alone dat was constructed frm 7yrs ago til nw nd stil in gud shape nd also note dat road construction in edo state re mostly done by setraco same wit akwa ibom, so u shudnt expect edo state to b less since u mentioned akwa ibom posses gud infrastructures nd all d roads am gonna mention here cums with drainage(sumtimes under ground drainage as in airport rd, upper mission rd upto aduwawa were my parents reside, etc), sapele rd, siluko rd, etc). these roads in benin alone include(i can also mention those constructed in edo north nd esan, bcus am frm esan, uromi to be precise, same LGA wit aneni) akpakpav, forestry, dawson to iyaro n urubi, sapele rd, sakponba rd, siluko rd, gani fayehiwmin way(these cover 9 strts), mission rd, 2nd west rd, kings square n evirons(dis covers abt 19 roads including oba market rd), 5 juction(these covers 20 streets n lanes, e.g strt were ogbemudia house is located), new lagos rd, upper lawani rd, etc
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
bosedekemi:
Just wondering why Oshiomhole is so desperate. Money money money every time. Haha undecided

How much did he spend marrying a woman young enough to be his daughter...

After squandering his state's money he is looking for whom to blame.

Can't he embark on a money yielding project for his state for once.

Shame on him angry
madam! have u been to edo state before? if u hv hw cum u do nt knw abt those projects hv mentioned in all my comments on dis post? bt i u havent visited how then did u cum to conclusion abt dis so called money making projects u re talking abt. and mind u pls tel me n fellow interested nairalanders just one of dis project u hv in mind nd i wil conter ur thought nd tel u dat govt gat no business in business and if u tink other wise can u mention a single money makin busines lik factory owned by state of chicago or cape town nd to his oyinbo wife, we d indigenes/residents re nt complanin bcus present day naija ladies re nt worth marryin. thanks
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by laudate: 11:53am On Jul 13, 2015
mystage:

Mind Not my comment if its insultive to u. But as u said let me inform u and every other ignorant nairalander. But before that I have to to tell that u shudnt espect same ting from two states with different financial muscles because as at last check when delta and akwa ibom dat u refered to gets an average of 20 to 23 billion naira monthly, edo state receive between 4-5 billion. U can check d stats for that. And another ting u shud also take into consideration is dat wen d state u mention had 1 or two tinz on ground to continue with, oshiomole meant absolutely nothing and I believe u will agree with me on this. And finnally I Tink I am in the best capacity to tell u abt edo state because not only I am an indigene but I also reside in edo state. Gra, benin city to be precise. Though I had also stayed in other states like lagos, p.h, abuja, etc base on son of a retired police and transfer tinz. That said let me tell u way oshiomhole has done. INVESTMENT TO EDO STATE, its is clear that before oshiomole came on board there was only ebs, itv and nta in the state because d former governer whose father owns itv refuse other private TV station from coming to the state but since oshiomole became gov stv, ait, and channels TV is now in edo state which also include radio stations like vibes FM and kufm. EDUCATION; before oshiomole all schools in edo state both primary and secondary including emokpae primary sch and ihogbe secondary sch which I attended were so bad to d extent of no chair and desk for pupils and students, but since oshiomole became gov abt 70 percent of these said schools has been renovated with red roof which I believe u know and even airconditions in staff Rooms and headmasters/headmistress and princiles office(ask any gov sch teacher in edo state who teaches in a sch which has been renovated). I will rest my case for now and I implore u to name any aspect and I will outline what oshiomole has done. But before I rest for now it should be noted that despite the fact that oshiomole tenure ends next year works are still ongoing in the state which include construction of 2nd east circular rd, upper mission rd, upper siluko rd, adesuwa rd, etc in benin city alone also with construction of auchi and queen Eden Gully erotion and don't also forget this comes with regular pay of state workers salary on or before 28th of every month. So bros pls name a sector and let me tell u wat oshiomole has done in such sector and I dare any edo state resident to point any lie in everytin have listed. Thanks

Guy, I wish you could write proper structured sentences, instead of this shorthand form that you put up here. Sometimes, it is hard to grasp your points because of all the abbreviations you have used. undecided

Yes, Edo State's allocation is lower than those of other states. But whatever funds any state gets, should be judiciously used for the benefit of its citizens.

No one is asking Oshiomhole to construct a stadium if that is NOT what the people need. But if there is another project that they require to improve their lives, then he needs to get it done.

GO TV, AIT and CHANNELS TV are owned by private entrepreneurs. They were NOT set up by Oshiomhole. It is not clear from your post what role he played in getting them to set up offices in Benin, or extend their signals to Edo State. It is the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) that allocates frequencies and licenses to private companies that wish to broadcast or set up TV stations in any state, not the governor. You need to state what industries (not TV stations, oh!) he has attracted to Edo State, and how many jobs he has created during his tenure as governor. Peter Obi managed to attract SABMiller the brewery giant to Anambra State when he was governor and that alone, created over 2,500 jobs within the state. He gave the company huge tracts of land at very reduced rates, and provided them with all the approvals they needed to get established within record time. His revenue allocation from the federal purse was less than what accrues to Edo State. He also invested govt funds in setting up Orient refinery that would soon start producing oil in Anambra State, once they are able to resolve the border issues they have with their neighbouring communities. Think of all the jobs that would be created when this becomes a reality.

With respect to schools, I beg to differ with you. It is the job of any responsible government to fund and equip public schools in their territory. It is also their job to repair roads and drainages. angry That is what they were elected to do with taxpayers money. In other countries, if they fail to do this, the governor would be voted out immediately or public demonstrations would break out as people troop to the streets to protest his inefficiency. If state funds have been misused or diverted during his tenure, with no corresponding projects to show for it, then he is arraigned before a competent court of law and thrown in jail, if found guilty of misapropriation of funds... undecided

It is only in Nigeria, that when state governors do what they are supposed to do, or what is normally their primary responsibility, that we hail them and praise them to high heavens. Whose job is it to equip the schools and repair the roads? Is it my own job? Have you ever heard anyone extolling the virtues of any mayor in London or America, for equipping a public primary school??! shocked

With respect to the way he addressed the gully erosion, that is a good one. He should embark on more of such projects.

I am waiting for you to tell me what else Oshiomhole has done with respect to healthcare, provision of water supply, creation of jobs and power infrastructure projects in Edo State. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by dumodust(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
laudate:

Guy, I wish you could write proper structured sentences, instead of this shorthand form that you put up here. Sometimes, it is hard to grasp your points because of all the abbreviations you have used. undecided

Yes, Edo State's allocation is lower than those of other states. But whatever funds any state gets, should be judiciously used for the benefit of its citizens.

No one is asking Oshiomhole to construct a stadium if that is NOT what the people need. But if there is another project that they require to improve their lives, then he needs to get it done.

GO TV, AIT and CHANNELS TV are owned by private entrepreneurs. They were NOT set up by Oshiomhole. It is not clear from your post what role he played in getting them to set up offices in Benin, or extend their signals to Edo State. It is the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) that allocates frequencies and licenses to private companies that wish to broadcast or set up TV stations in any state, not the governor. You need to state what industries (not TV stations, oh!) he has attracted to Edo State, and how many jobs he has created during his tenure as governor. Peter Obi managed to attract SABMiller the brewery giant to Anambra State when he was governor and that alone, created over 2,500 jobs within the state. He gave the company huge tracts of land at very reduced rates, and provided them with all the approvals they needed to get established within record time. His revenue allocation from the federal purse was less than what accrues to Edo State. He also invested govt funds in setting up Orient refinery that would soon start producing oil in Anambra State, once they are able to resolve the border issues they have with their neighbouring communities. Think of all the jobs that would be created when this becomes a reality.

With respect to schools, I beg to differ with you. It is the job of any responsible government to fund and equip public schools in their territory. It is also their job to repair roads and drainages. angry That is what they were elected to do with taxpayers money. In other countries, if they fail to do this, the governor would be voted out immediately or public demonstrations would break out as people troop to the streets to protest his inefficiency. If state funds have been misused or diverted during his tenure, with no corresponding projects to show for it, then he is arraigned before a competent court of law and thrown in jail, if found guilty of misapropriation of funds... undecided

It is only in Nigeria, that when state governors do what they are supposed to do, or what is normally their primary responsibility, that we hail them and praise them to high heavens. Whose job is it to equip the schools and repair the roads? Is it my own job? Have you ever heard anyone extolling the virtues of any mayor in London or America, for equipping a public primary school??! shocked

With respect to the way he addressed the gully erosion, that is a good one. He should embark on more of such projects.

I am waiting for you to tell me what else Oshiomhole has done with respect to healthcare, provision of water supply, creation of jobs and power infrastructure projects in Edo State. Thank you.

200 likes for a rational answer devoid of violence unlike someone else accusing people of talking about where they have not been to but has not left benin ever... I have been to benin recently and was not impressed too despite all the noise, I'm yet to see any new thing apart from planting flowers and constructing ring road... and they drive like devils in benin!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
dumodust:

200 likes for a rational answer devoid of violence unlike someone else accusing people of talking about where they have not been to but has not left benin ever... I have been to benin recently and was not impressed too despite all the noise, I'm yet to see any new thing apart from planting flowers and constructing ring road... and they drive like devils in benin!
bro i take this your comment insultive to my person and personality so am not gonna reply your view either its concreate and constructive or not. but have it in mind that you are not talking to a one state guy your imagination think i am. you knw why? because have not only visited lots of states in nigeria bt hv also reside there. e.g lagos, ondo strt ogba, opposite the catholic church; obia-kpor in river state, jalingo taraba state, i was born in asaba, grew up in patani nd auchi nd once stayed in warri for 2yrs. so i tink i deserve some respect frm u.
#LetLoveLead
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Deny Edo N10bn – Oshiomhole. by dumodust(m): 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
mystage:

bro i take this your comment insultive to my person and personality so am not gonna reply your view either its concreate and constructive or not. but have it in mind that you are not talking to a one state guy your imagination think i am. you knw why? because have not only visited lots of states in nigeria bt hv also reside there. e.g lagos, ondo strt ogba, opposite the catholic church; obia-kpor in river state, jalingo taraba state, i was born in asaba, grew up in patani nd auchi nd once stayed in warri for 2yrs. so i tink i deserve some respect frm u.
#LetLoveLead
bros, I didn't mention your name o but since you answered the call, no problem grin... I felt some of your posts were being violent, no insult intended... just saying oshiomole has lots of logs of wood in his eyes which he has to remove first... simple

(1) (Reply)

Probe Teaching Hospitals; Resident Doctors Tell Buhari / NDDC Can’t Account For N183b / Jonathan’s Govt Better Than Obasanjo’s – Anya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.