Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) (1529 Views)

Easily Transfer Photos From Samsung Galaxy Note 7 To Computer / Please Advice: Should I Go To Computer Village Or Order Online? / Learn Computer Networking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) by Lordbammy(m): 1:52am On Jul 06, 2015
Networking can be define as the connection of two or more nodes together to ensure easy communication and sharing of files/resources.Computers connected on a network are called NODES.Sharing of files and resource from one computer to another is easier & more efficient using networking. Networking component are made up of hardware & software. The device that aid the connection of multiple nodes together is called SWITCH.
The router
connect multiple network together.A router serve as a connection distributor between nodes. A router can be used to share an internet connection from a connected node to other nodes on the same network.

Types Of Networking

](1)Local Area Network(LAN)
This involved the connection of two or more computer together within a limited area. E.g building,home etc. It make use of the ETHERNET & NIC (network interface controller/card) to connect a computer to a network. LAN can be easily used to share file and resources e.g server,printer etc to other node on the network.

(2)Metropolitan Area Network(MAN)
This type of network makes it own connection within a city,town or a large geographic area. The MAN is larger in connection than the local area network but smaller to the wide area network (WAN). MAN often make use of METRO ETHERNET which is usually been provided by ISPs (internet service provider) to help an organisation to connect to all of it's offices in a city.

(3)Wide Area Network(WAN)
Wide area network is the largest network which cover's a large geographical area,provinces or even a whole country[ e.g Internet, telecommunication network]. Data/Information can be passed/transmitted to different location over a long distance using the telecommunication networks.WAN are used to connect local area networks (LAN) and other network types e.g MANs (metropolitan area network), PANs(Personal area network), & CANs (Campus area network) together, in other to ensure easy communication between computer user's of different locations.
Source:http://www.nigerianblog.net/forum2_theme_112148345.xhtml?tema=1
Re: Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) by GuiltySpark343(m): 2:04am On Jul 06, 2015
those days of ccna

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) by Lordbammy(m): 5:33am On Jul 06, 2015
GuiltySpark343:
those days of ccna
Yea. That's One of those great memories that i can never forget
Re: Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) by lambvard: 5:37am On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) by Lordbammy(m): 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
My next topic is going to be on motherboard & it's parts.
Re: Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) by GuiltySpark343(m): 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
following...i guess this comes under comptia A+

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) by Lordbammy(m): 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2015
GuiltySpark343:
following...i guess this comes under comptia A+

are u a c0mputer science student?
Re: Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) by GuiltySpark343(m): 9:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
am many things,but currently a programmer,go get your bachelors got mine 2004...anyway keep posting am following
Re: Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) by Lordbammy(m): 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
GuiltySpark343:
am many things,but currently a programmer,go get your bachelors got mine 2004...anyway keep posting am following
Am also a programmer but it a pity am going for law..i know alot about computer science but am not fully into it.
Re: Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) by GuiltySpark343(m): 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
Lordbammy:
Am also a programmer but it a pity am going for law..i know alot about computer science but am not fully into it.

ok
Re: Introduction To Computer Networking - (part 1) by Lordbammy(m): 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Seems this worth NL Front Page...
Maleeq

(1) (Reply)

Usa Used Gaming Hp Elitebook 8540p,Fast Core I5 2.4ghz + 1gb Nvidia Graphx -SOLD / Usa Used Hp Pavilion Dv6 Beatsaudio Intel Core I3 Laptop--SOLD / ✈✳✅ SOLD ❌❌❌ AMERICAN USED 2017 HP ENVY X360 Core I7 "See Pictures "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.