Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

How Do I Change My Husband? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Change My Husband? (3623 Views)

I Can’t Bear My Husband’s Strong Sexual Urge: Wife / How My Husband Pushed Me Into Having Sex With Other Men / A Call To Change "My Children Will Not Suffer What I Suffered" Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by 5minsmadness: 10:38am On Jul 06, 2015
skyfullofstars:
Wow, do not ever let ANYONE insult you! No matter whether it's a stranger or somebody very close to you, no matter whether it's a woman or a man, someone old or someone young! Please, stand up for yourself, do not wait for a man to defend you. You are a human being and you should be the one to confront this situation.

My family believe that men are superior to women, whereas I don't. Everytime they make such comments, I begin a discussion, voice my opinion, and shout when necessary. I don't care if they think I'm crazy, i care about defending what I am, a woman, and if creating a bad moment is necessary, i din't mind, i will still voice my opinion, ALWAYS.

Please watch Chimamanda Adichie's talk on feminism.

That's my advice, rather than waiting for your husband to do anything...we need to empower women to show equality.

This is why you are still single angry

Na joke I dey o grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by snakebeat: 10:50am On Jul 06, 2015
skyfullofstars:
Wow, do not ever let ANYONE insult you! No matter whether it's a stranger or somebody very close to you, no matter whether it's a woman or a man, someone old or someone young! Please, stand up for yourself, do not wait for a man to defend you. You are a human being and you should be the one to confront this situation.

My family believe that men are superior to women, whereas I don't. Everytime they make such comments, I begin a discussion, voice my opinion, and shout when necessary. I don't care if they think I'm crazy, i care about defending what I am, a woman, and if creating a bad moment is necessary, i din't mind, i will still voice my opinion, ALWAYS.

Please watch Chimamanda Adichie's talk on feminism.

That's my advice, rather than waiting for your husband to do anything...we need to empower women to show equality.
Bad advise!
Op pls shun this advise.
Where are u from? May God help u...
Adichie should stop deceiving gullible women for christ sake! They end up living a miserable life, while she covertly plays the role of a submissive wife & lives happily with her husband.
May God forgive that woman....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 06, 2015
mployer:

Adichies feminism is meant to deceive naive women like you and increase her popularity, while she lives the opposite in reality.
FYI, she is happily married. Likewise Beyounce.
You can't be happily married with [size=40pt]extreme[/size] feminist ideology. You can try it.
Except you have some other plans.

Thank God for the highlighted.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by 5minsmadness: 11:13am On Jul 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Might actually be ridiculous but then, things are done differently in nigeria. Your in-laws are to be taken as some sort of demi gods, you literally have to have their approval to have a successful marriage, which is usually defined as the woman tolerating even as much as being hit, so it shouldn't surprise you to see such threads on here.

Where are you from if I may ask?

Hold on, I don't get you.
Are you in support of the man shouting on his mother or father in front of his wife? Even in developed countries like the US it is considered bad manners to do so.
Secondly, it is not common practice in Nigeria to see in-laws as "demi-gods" or to even tolerate your wife being hit in front of them. Kindly stop being melodramatic.

If her own family believes men are superior to women and she constantly has to defend herself everytime they make such comments...then most probably her country is not far off from ours since both countries seem to share the same ideology about women.

She's probably typing from Ikorodu. Or Cameroon maybe.
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 06, 2015
The advice I see here is bloody crazy, y'all wants her to do wat you can't or dare not do
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by mutter(f): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
Richy4:
The husband of your friend is a wise man.

The point is that your friend doesn't know if the guy speak to his parents or brother privately....

He can't just start yelling at his parent in front of you just to impress you. Doing that alone will give you the license to do the same in future. That's the reason why you do not have the guts to do it.

Tell your friend to let him be. He is the definition of a perfect gentle man. His type is not common in Nigeria i presume.

You robbed me of everything I was about to say!!!
Absolutly correct!!!!

If i might just add no one is perfect.

Love is not the ability to love perfection but to love despite imperfection!
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by freecocoa(f): 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
5minsmadness:

Hold on, I don't get you.
Are you in support of the man shouting on his mother or father in front of his wife? Even in developed countries like the US it is considered bad manners to do so.
Secondly, it is not common practice in Nigeria to see in-laws as "demi-gods" or to even tolerate your wife being hit in front of them. Kindly stop being melodramatic.
Where in my post did you see that her husband should shout on his folks? Did you even read my post?

You are a liar if you say it's not common practice to place in-laws on some sort of pedestal in Nigeria.

Kindly stop being naive and learn comprehension.
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
Dats deep

freecocoa:
Where in my post did you see that her husband should shout on his folks? Did you even read my post?

You are a liar if you say it's not common practice to place in-laws on some sort of pedestal in Nigeria.

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by 5minsmadness: 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
freecocoa:

Which is why I said "hold on, I don't get you."
It was a question directed at understanding if you were in support of sky's post or not.

This is what YOU said:
Might actually be ridiculous but then, things are done differently in nigeria. Your in-laws are to be taken as some sort of demi gods, you literally have to have their approval to have a successful marriage, which is usually defined as the woman tolerating even as much as being hit , so it shouldn't surprise you to see such threads on here.

And this was my reply
Secondly, it is not common practice in Nigeria to see in-laws as "demi-gods"
YOU used the term "demi-gods" which I objected to. If you had originally said in laws are placed in "some sort of pedestal" then that would have been ok.
You also said a successful marriage is usually defined as a woman tolerating even being hit, like its a criteria for a successful marriage in Nigeria WHICH IS MELODRAMATIC AND WRONG. Stop speaking for the populace and speak for yourself!

This was unnecessary. Saying you are melodramatic in no way coincides with this your response. But ladies are usually quick with words and men have no choice but to tolerate as is usual with our society.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
iPopAlomo:
imagine what this woman is spewing... you love him less because he's not fighting... most of all these women are just insane... marriage is indeed overrated...
grin
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by skyfullofstars(f): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Might actually be ridiculous but then, things are done differently in nigeria. Your in-laws are to be taken as some sort of demi gods, you literally have to have their approval to have a successful marriage, which is usually defined as the woman tolerating even as much as being hit, so it shouldn't surprise you to see such threads on here.

Human rights are for everybody...

Or you also agree with the ban on drving for women in Saudi Arabia?

Ok, I seriously give up, I have nothing to do here...

My husband is Nigerian, but I will not change my style
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by freecocoa(f): 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
5minsmadness:

Which is why I said "hold on, I don't get you."
It was a question directed at knowing if you were in support of sky's post or not.

This is what YOU said:

And this was my reply

YOU used the term "demi-gods" which I objected to. If you had originally said in laws are placed in "some sort of pedestal" then that would have been ok.
You also said a successful marriage is usually defined as a woman tolerating even being hit, like its a criteria for a successful marriage in Nigeria WHICH IS MELODRAMATIC AND WRONG. Stop speaking for the populace and speak for yourself!

This was unnecessary. Saying you are melodramatic in no way coincides with this your response. But ladies are usually quick with words and men have no choice but to tolerate as is usual with our society.
You can write all these but couldn't tell that "demigods" is a figure of speech? I see.

It will do you a lot of good, should you learn to read between the lines, then again, we all know how it goes on here, if you expect this to turn into men vs women, then you are on a long thing, it is not news that you lots here don't speak the truth on matters involving women. Yes women are expected to tolerate a lot, even as much as being hit, simply means, they should endure if they get hit, I don't see how that translates to every woman is usually hit in her matrimonial home.

How you choose to understand what I wrote is solely on you but what I wrote is pretty clear and straightforward.

What I wrote about you being naive is very on point as you sure acted like it, by feigning ignorance(or maybe you actually are ignorant) on how women are often treated by in-laws, as regards comprehension, you twisted my words which told me you didn't comprehend it in the first place, therefore, I have no regrets.
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by freecocoa(f): 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
skyfullofstars:

Human rights are for everybody...

Or you also agree with the ban on drving for women in Saudi Arabia?

Ok, I seriously give up, I have nothing to do here...

My husband is Nigerian, but I will not change my style
Slow down to understand my point.

I do agree with you that people should speak up for themselves, we may not have the same approach though.

That post of mine was only letting you in on how things can be around here on matters such as this, which makes it not so ridiculous to see threads like this.
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by 5minsmadness: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Slow down to understand my point.

I do agree with you that people should speak up for themselves, we may not have the same approach though.

That post of mine was only letting you in on how things can be around here on matters such as this, which makes it not so ridiculous to see threads like this.

And here you are explaining the same post to someone else. Be honest, your post was not clear.
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by 5minsmadness: 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
freecocoa:
[s]You can write all these but couldn't tell that "demigods" is a figure of speech? I see.

It will do you a lot of good, should you learn to read between the lines, then again, we all know how it goes on here, if you expect this to turn into men vs women, then you are on a long thing, it is not news that you lots here don't speak the truth on matters involving women. Yes women are expected to tolerate a lot, even as much as being hit, simply means, they should endure if they get hit, I don't see how that translates to every woman is usually hit in her matrimonial home.

How you choose to understand what I wrote is solely on you but what I wrote is pretty clear and straightforward.

What I wrote about you being naive is very on point as you sure acted like it, by feigning ignorance(or maybe you actually are ignorant) on how women are often treated by in-laws, as regards comprehension, you twisted my words which told me you didn't comprehend it in the first place, therefore, I have no regrets.[/s]
What I read between the lines here is a proud rant from someone who doesn't want to admit she wasn't clear in her post.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by freecocoa(f): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
5minsmadness:

And here you are explaining the same post to someone else. Be honest, your post was not clear.
It's not my fault that it was too complex for both of y'all.grin

It's plain English.
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by freecocoa(f): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
5minsmadness:

What I read between the lines here is a proud rant from someone who doesn't want to admit she wasn't clear in her post.
Call it whatever you like, I couldn't care less.wink
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by 5minsmadness: 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Call it whatever you like, I couldn't care less.wink
Of course you care, which is why you replied.
I, on the other hand am done with this back-and-forth that you instigated when you could have simply explained yourself.

You re usually more logical than this so I'll take it it's that time of the month again. Perfectly understandable.

Ciao.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by iPopAlomo(m): 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
softysparky:

grin

Are we stalking each other now...?
modified...*
I don't mind ooO... wink
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by freecocoa(f): 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
5minsmadness:

Of course you care, which is why you replied.
I, on the other hand am done with this back-and-forth that you instigated when you could have simply explained yourself.

You re usually more logical than this so I'll take it it's that time of the month again. Perfectly understandable.

Ciao.
Smh, Replying a post don't always mean one cares, especially in the manner I did.

You instigated whatever this is by not knowing how to ask questions, you could have asked whatever you wanted without presenting it to look like I supported shouting on people, by saying it was considered bad manners in the US. You weren't sure what I was saying but was telling me how it's bad manners? Aren't you just full of it, Abegi.

And you are always looking to start something so I'm not surprised, which is why I am this way to you.

No, it's not my period dear.

Adios.
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by yorubadelta(f): 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
sylarsquins:
A friend of mine needs advise on how to take charge of her man and here's her story....

(

shocked Your friend is clearly a troublemaker always fighting with her in-laws. In addition to this, she also seeks to dominate her poor husband just because he won't defend her shenanigans?

She needs Jesus and a job.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
yorubadelta:

shocked Your friend is clearly a troublemaker always fighting with her in-laws. In addition to this, she also seeks to dominate her poor husband just because he won't defend her shenanigans?

She got a job maam buh Jesus I don't know and dat aint my biz. Mayb u shud get a job and Jesus too, coz u need em both.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
You jst tellin him u aint ON means derz sumtyn

freecocoa:
Smh, Replying a post don't always mean one cares, especially in the manner I did.

You instigated whatever this is by not knowing how to ask questions, you could have asked whatever you wanted without presenting it to look like I supported shouting on people, by saying it was considered bad manners in the US. You weren't sure what I was saying but was telling me how it's bad manners? Aren't you just full of it, Abegi.

And you are always looking to start something so I'm not surprised, which is why I am this way to you.

No, it's not my period dear.

Adios.
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by freecocoa(f): 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
sylarsquins:
You jst tellin him u aint ON means derz sumtyn

Huh?
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by yorubadelta(f): 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
sylarsquins:

She got a job maam buh Jesus I don't know and dat aint my biz. Mayb u shud get a job and Jesus too, coz u need em both.

Why u so defensive dear? I thought u said this was a friend's situation.. but the way u've fired back makes it seem like it's yours. Calm down aii.. I meant no harm by my statement.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
yorubadelta:

Why u so defensive dear? I thought u said this was a friend's situation.. but the way u've fired back makes it seem like it's yours. Calm down aii.. I meant no harm by my statement.

Cmon aint mad at ur statement, and aint damn married. So we gud

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Huh?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Are we stalking each other now...? . modified...* I don't mind ooO... wink
It's a free world hun.
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by iPopAlomo(m): 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
softysparky:
It's a free world hun.
Women and pet name calling... no one can take it away from you guys...
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Women and pet name calling... no one can take it away from you guys...
Just trying to be nice sweetie cheesy
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
softysparky:

Just trying to be nice sweetie cheesy

Er... so you aren't nice... ish... wahala... tell me what I don't have to do to see the other side... Which I'm guessing would be SparkySofty...
Re: How Do I Change My Husband? by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 07, 2015
yorubadelta:

She is back. Less trouble-making now. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wow!, This Family With Sextuplets Is Still Looking Good. Awesome! (pictures ) / Video: Nigerian Lady Raped And Buried Alive In Bonny Island / My Friendship With A 17yrs Old Girl (modified : OUR FIRST kISS @ OFFICE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.