Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor (7003 Views)

Chimaroke Nnamani Pulling Massive Crowd In Enugu (pictures) / Sambo Didnt Say FG Will Nail Corrupt Governor / Chimaroke Nnamani Is Not Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by sunnychuks(m): 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2006
CHIMAROKE NAMANI IS A SILENT THIEF: Membbers of nairaland residing in ENUGU HOW
DO U SEE GOVERNOR CHIMAROKE NAMANI'S DUBIOUS ACHIEVEMENT.
THE GOVERNOR AND HIS CRONIES IN ENUGU STAE(NKANU) ARE SO CORRUPT.
HE DEMOLISHED HOUSES BELONGING TO HIS ENEMIES IN ENUGU,
HE SHOULD NOT FORGET THAT JUDGEMENTS AWAITS HIM AFTER 2007.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Oracle(m): 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2006
I presently reside at Enugu, and he's been doing some things here
now my questions are

Who told you he's the most corrupt governor?

Is Alamesiegha better than he is?

i'm not an indigene of Enugu State but i would tell you itz not true
if you really are in the State, then you will know that the guy is really working whether or not he embezzles money.

it is possible, he embezzles money but i don't like the term most corrupt governor
He's really working hard, any other person residing here would testify to that.

and it is very neccesary you give us the source of this news NOW
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by BlackMamba(m): 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2006
Mr. Nnamani gets away with massive corruption and political murder because he is a thug of Aso Rock, with the sole mandate of perpetuating Obasanjo in power. That mandate appears to have failed, at least for now, with the defeat of 3rd term. When obvious massive fraud of local government allocations was referred to the EFCC, a sham investigation was conducted, and it was quickly swept under the carpet. Of course, orders from Aso Rock.
Completing and renaming existing infrastructure, and tarring a few urban roads within Enugu metropolis is only to confuse those who do not really understand what's going on. Chimaroke and Chris Uba (who lives in Enugu), has become Obasanjo's strick-force for the eastern front.
With the impending doom on Obasanjo's regime, it's only a matter of time before he and his Ebano cronies are swept away.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by edygirl(f): 12:42am On Sep 23, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by buchio7(m): 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2006
He is doctor wit a difference. For someone who swore to defend human life as a doctor he has done a great job of terminating human lives in his tenure as govnor. He has a great affinity to inflict violence on ppl which is quite dismaying as for the developments in enugu,we shall knw how far after 2007.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by otokx(m): 9:00pm On Sep 24, 2006
is this for only people in enugu?
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by GNature(m): 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2006
@oracle

I know the man is doing a good job, everyone, please view this website and you'll see for yourself :

http://www.ebeano.org

I often read that Governor Nnamani is ruthless with his opponents and embezzles public funds. People,
please enlighten me a little bit.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by mankevo(m): 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2006
Hi,

it is very embarassing that Chimaroke is deceiving non-indiogens by painting Enugu town on daily basis.If one realy want to know how his administration is fairing let the person visit ;Nsukka, Ibagwa, Iheaka/Ovoko ,Udi,Awgu ,Okpanku ,Nkerefi(Nkanu)etc and see for himself.

I'm happy that after the silence on EFCC report on him that Senate has given EFCC order to that effect

His advocates should tell me why he :demolished Senator Okoro house at Enugu for supporting Ken Nnamani's senate presidency?,  Shunned the reception of osita Ogbu (economic adviser to the president) at Nsukka being the only Eastern gov to absent himself? well let's wait and see how he'll survive this last plot againt HIM
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Afam(m): 12:48pm On Sep 25, 2006
In terms of infrastructural development Chimaraoke remains one of the best governors in Nigeria today.

He has his short comings no doubt especially in tolerating political opponents.

At least he does not siphon money abroad, most of the contracts are being executed by his companies and making money that way is far better than not doing anything and constantly moving money from one account to another.

People should stick to what they know about issues.

Someone wrote a petition concerning LG funds that the governor was accused of keeping for the state projects instead of giving them to the LG ogas.

The man embarked on very massive projects and has been using LG funds to run some of them. The EFCC did not let him off the hook because Aso Rosk directed as erronously stated.

The real reason for the case being dropped unfortunately cannot be discussed on a forum like this but the involvement of Aso Rock is completely flat wrong and misleading.

We must also remember that the EFCC probe then was on immediately after the governor hosted an Eastern Governors conference and spoke against the 3rd term issue which was basically against the interest of Aso Rock so I don't know why Aso Rock will be eager to help someone that was opposing a major project being carried out by the powers that be.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Rhea(f): 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2006
Afam:

In terms of infrastructural development Chimaraoke remains one of the best governors in Nigeria today.

He has his short comings no doubt especially in tolerating political opponents.

At least he does not siphon money abroad, most of the contracts are being executed by his companies and making money that way is far better than not doing anything and constantly moving money from one account to another.

People should stick to what they know about issues.

Someone wrote a petition concerning LG funds that the governor was accused of keeping for the state projects instead of giving them to the LG ogas.

The man embarked on very massive projects and has been using LG funds to run some of them. The EFCC did not let him off the hook because Aso Rosk directed as erronously stated.

The real reason for the case being dropped unfortunately cannot be discussed on a forum like this but the involvement of Aso Rock is completely flat wrong and misleading.

We must also remember that the EFCC probe then was on immediately after the governor hosted an Eastern Governors conference and spoke against the 3rd term issue which was basically against the interest of Aso Rock so I don't know why Aso Rock will be eager to help someone that was opposing a major project being carried out by the powers that be.

well-informed
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by BlackMamba(m): 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2006
After committing atrocities under the protection of Obasanjo, like a mad dog he is, he wanted to bite his master. His insane ambition made him deviate a little bit from their 3rd term masterplan, to make disparaging remarks about Obasanjo and Chris Uba. The remarks and the intelligent reports to Obasanjo was the reason why there was even a sham EFCC investigation by Aso Rock to put him back on the leash.
He cannot be doing as good as his deceptions potray and still have so much opposition in the state. People in the know in Enugu know what the deal is, and the day to clean house is fast approaching. Ebano or no Ebano.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Afam(m): 3:01pm On Sep 25, 2006
Politicians are usually not really interested in working for the masses so opposition may as well be an avenue to seek and taste power.

Do we have any country or any form of governance where you don't have opposition? I think the answer is surely in the negative.

Chimaroke sure has questions to answer as regards handling political oppositions but one cannot take away from this man his tremendous achievements in the area of infrastructual development in the state.

Even one EU survey carried out in all the states of the federation (except Bayelsa) rated him the best in terms of real development.

If all the governors made money by awarding contracts to their companies and indeed carrying out the jobs to the letter, things would have improved not just stashing funds in foreign accounts while complaining about lack of funds to the people whose money are being stolen.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by buchio7(m): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2006
Bros no matter how you chose to c it, nnamani is a crook no matter the coloration. The governor is supposed to be an impartial arbiter in the running of state affairs but what you have just chronicled is that since his companys are working he can still rape the state treasury blind. Do you know the valuation contracts in enugu state r based on? how can u possibly say that d person who is supposed to be the enforcer of norms is going to award himself a contract at d same cost as a competing company?

do you know the level oif indebtedness enugu state is in because of borrowing from new generation banks? my opinion is that the man is a crook and a violent one at that who has been enjoying the protection of the headmaster in aso rock. PLEASE, PLEASE dont even go to the area of that nnamani was against third term. That is a blatant,incredulous,joke of the century lie, a man dat even goes to d level of helping instigators of conflicts in neighbouring ibo states( anambra).

dese r d ppl who shd be thrown in gulags n force fed with pap 3 times daily without sugar.

bros as we say , HAPU IHE DIU NA ARU MOTO BA NIME MOTO,
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Afam(m): 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2006
@Buchi,

I am not trying to justify his actions. I am only stating that things would have been a lot better if other governors or even previous governors had awarded themselves contracts and executed same rather than using the funds to buy mansions abroad.

In Nigeria today, the bulk of the politicians are bad, so bad that we are even singing praises of things that they are actually paid and mandated to do in the first place.

The issue of Chimaroke singing a different song (even if briefly) about 3rd term at the Eastern Governors conference is well recorded, it was neither a rumour nor a joke. What followed after the remarks are equally known in the public domain.

He may have tried to gamble which didn't go down well with his "oga".

On Anambra wahala, I disagree that Chimaroke is causing the problem there. The people of Anambra should hold their son Chris Uba responsible for agreeing to become a willing tool in the hands of his own god fathers like OBJ (personal opinion sha).

Most if not all of our politicians deserve to spend some time in jail for the way and manner they have turned Nigeria into what it is today even when we have all it takes to become a well developed nation full of natural and human resources.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by sunnychuks(m): 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2006
My fellow nairalanders, i appreciate your contributions towards the corruptive tendencies of CHIMAROKE NAMANI.

what AFAM filed to realise is that what is bad is bad irrespective of whose ox is gored.AFAM, there is no doubt that

your are one of the public relations officer of the murderous governor.This is a doctor that have killed than more than

he has cured.have you forgotten how SUNDAY UGWU was killed in place of his brother NWABUEZE UGWU.Do we talk

of varius assinations attempt towards father EJIKE MBAKA. WHAT of 14 worshippers in adoration that were strangled

to death' all in the name of suppressing opposition. If AFAM forgives chimaroke,POSTERITY AND PEOPLE OF ENUGU

STATE WILL NEVER FORGIVE HIM.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by buchio7(m): 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2006
@sunnychuks
my broda yarn him d yarn, tell him abt d "doctor death" dey have in enugu. a crook is a crook and is a crook no pancake rubbing can change dat fact. well his time is up sooner dan u think
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by edygirl(f): 7:11pm On Sep 25, 2006
sha ahareya. grin grin grin
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Afam(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2006
sunnychuks:

My fellow Nairaland users, i appreciate your contributions towards the corruptive tendencies of CHIMAROKE NAMANI.

what AFAM filed to realise is that what is bad is bad irrespective of whose ox is gored.AFAM, there is no doubt that

your are one of the public relations officer of the murderous governor.This is a doctor that have killed than more than

he has cured.have you forgotten how SUNDAY UGWU was killed in place of his brother NWABUEZE UGWU.Do we talk

of varius assinations attempt towards father EJIKE MBAKA. WHAT of 14 worshippers in adoration that were strangled

to death' all in the name of suppressing opposition. If AFAM forgives chimaroke,POSTERITY AND PEOPLE OF ENUGU

STATE WILL NEVER FORGIVE HIM.

Sunnychuks,

You must be a very silly human being.

I do realise that what is bad is bad regardless of the person in question.

I have tried to state things the way they really are not what sounds nice to the ears, little wonder we prefer rumours and gossips to real issues.

I do not forgive, I have no business forgiving anyone let alone Chimaroke, so that part of your silly post makes no sense.

On his atrocities, they are also well known but I do make categorical statements based on what I know and what I can defend.

The issue of Sunday Ugwu is well known, a family I know too. On Mbaka, I cannot vouch for the claims and counter claims about what really happened because some talk about gas (which would have killed a lot of people anyway) while others initially stated that some were shot at the Adoration Ground.

I have been there before and it is very clear that people can die from stampede due to the very narrow exits.

I lost a cousin that worked with Chimaroke and rumour had it that he was killed by the governor. He was terribly sick before dying and only God knows what killed him. So, if I have lost someone that the governor is being rumoured to have killed, why would I defend the governor?

Unfortunately, we are eager to either give blanket commendation or condemnation regardless of the specifics.

I am a business man not a politician so doing a PR job for the governor is out of the question.

I am from Enugu State and when people tend to make statements that are not entirely correct, I do comment on such statements. If you cannot live with that, go straight to hell.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Chxta(m): 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2006
How come people have forgotten that Orji Kalu is worse than Chimaroke?
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Aroro(m): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2006
For the murder of Aroro the cat, Nnamani must surely pay. He who prize go pay. Eyes for an eye.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by saintchux(m): 11:10am On Sep 28, 2006
Afam:

Infrastructure yes, is it to develop Nkanu state or Enugu state?

Afam:

Thank God for not siphoning it abroad. But the money is to develop Enugu state and not to develop himself. How did he establish his complain. Is he not bias in award of contract, when his company is invloved.

Afam:

The LG fund is for local government development. The state get her own money so why does he tamper with LG fund. He use it to develop Nkanu alone.

Chimaroke is corrupt. He used the state and LG moeny to develop his town and his local government. EFCC should make sure that all the companies he float is seized and gave back to Enugu state. It is Enugu state money that he used to establish it.

For those that are in doubt check this:

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=59397
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by buchio7(m): 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2006
No mind dese ppl who r defending a crook blindly. The guy has been exposed now (ikuku kue afu ike okuko)
grin grin
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Chxta(m): 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2006
buchio7:

No mind dese people who r defending a crook blindly. The guy has been exposed now (ikuku kue afu ike okuko)
grin grin

Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Afam(m): 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2006
Buchy & Saintchux,

No one is defending the governor, maybe you guys don't like it when people say things the way they really are.

On corruption, no doubt the governor is corrupt even for not allowing the LG funds to reach the intended LGs or awarding contracts to his own companies.

I am sure the world will be a better place to live in when proper and correct information is made available to everyone.

When we have skewed or biased information only the sender gains because the sender will want the receiver to see only a particular side to the story which is wrong. Same problem with the government at all levels telling us what they want us to know and not what we should know.

Someone started this thread by talking about dubious achievements. Are his achievements dubious?

Another stated that Aso Rock saved him from EFCC even when Aso Rock wanted to deal with him based on opposing a major project of Aso Rock.

Valid concerns like "why is he citing a lot of projects in is LG" and the forfeiture of his shares in those companies he owns and uses to execute jobs will help everyone in moving forward or in addressing issues that affect the people of Enugu state, not wrong information or sometimes flat wrong ones like "the governor is causing the instability in Anambra state because Chris Uba lives in Enugu".

We must try to discuss real issues and not focus too much on rumours or gossips.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by ishmael(m): 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2006
what of OBJ; when are they going to bring him out?? OBJ is more corrupt than Chimaroke. Make we hear word jooo.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by saintchux(m): 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2006
Afam:

Buchy & Saintchux,

I am sure the world will be a better place to live in when proper and correct information is made available to everyone.

We must try to discuss real issues and not focus too much on rumours or gossips.

Please help us with the correct information?
Chimaroke has been the governor of Enugu state for 7years now. Collecting fund from LG's what has he done for those LG's that he collect their fund?

I am from Enugu state. And I can tell you that Chimaroke ruin Enugu rather than develop. He has sow a seed of Win develop your place only.

I am opportuned to be with one of the governorship aspirant and he told me that Chimaroke has taught them that when you win election develop your place and if God be by his side, if he wins he will develop only his place. Imagine what Chimaroke has caused.

We will not alllow him to go away with his corruption. I thank God that he floated all those companies in Enugu. he employed alot of people. A School mate of mine is working in one of his company. But all those company must be seized and gave back to Enugu state.

Afam:

@Afam
Rumours abi?

Who owns RainbowNet?
Who owns mea marta elizabeth?
Who owns Malum construction company?
Who owns Cosmo Fm?
There is an university that he owns, I will get the name?

Afam tell us! so that we can discuss the real issue
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Afam(m): 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2006
@Saintchux,

My last word to you on this issue. If you find it difficult to understand my post then it's your cup of tea, not mine.

I clearly stated about 3 things on this thread that were not correct.

I also agreed with the diversion of LG funds being wrong even though used to execute his own projects.

I eqully agreed that the state awarded contracts to his companies.

So the later part of your last response is completely irrelevant because I do not doubt that he owns companies that have taken the greater share of the contracts.

May be you need to take time to digest posts before you jump to conclusions.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by edygirl(f): 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2006
saintchux:

Please help us with the correct information?

There is an university that he owns, I will get the name?

Esut Enugu , he moved it to Agbani his Village and he also built a school of law  all in his village too.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by saintchux(m): 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2006
Afam:

@Saintchux,

My last word to you on this issue. If you find it difficult to understand my post then it's your cup of tea, not mine.

Thank you, it is my cup of tea. I am from Enugu and my LG fund was diverted to develop Nkanu LG. my LG got nothing.

A thief is a thief no matter what he did with the stolen item. Robbing peter to pay paul should not be encourage. I don't care to know.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Afam(m): 6:56pm On Sep 28, 2006
edygirl:

Esut Enugu , he moved it to Agbani his Village and he also built a school of law  all in his village too.

Wrong!

Esut has always been using infrastructure owned by IMT. Esut has never had a permanent site or infrastructure of its own.

Esut had the permanent site moved to its present location in Nkanu.

There is a private university that is said to be in the offing by the governor.

If all his crimes are limited to citing projects in his LG then the governor has no case to answer.

This is democracy, let another person win and develop his area if that is what things have boiled down to.

There is no place that will not complain about marginalization because all the projects can never go round all the LGs even if one wanted to do so.

The law school is in Agbani but again the law school is a federal project, not a state one and there is a huge difference between the 2.
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by Chxta(m): 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2006
@ all, the issue here shouldn't be whether Chimaroke is the most corrupt governor (personally I think Odili is doing a 'better' job in that regard), but whether he is corrupt at all. If he is, then he should stand trial. . .
Re: Chimaroke Namani The Most Corrupt Governor by buchio7(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2006
The name of his university is renaissance university. Yes it was of course acquired and built with public funds.

The level of indebtedness enugu state is in right now will make it difficult for any new administration to do much initially because of loans taken by nnamani frm new generation banks

(1) (2) (Reply)

How 21 Years Old Imsu Student Was Shot Dead By Cult Member / With The Rejection Of APC In Bayelsa- Can We Say APC Is A Northern Party? / 2023: See The Next Nigerian President (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.