Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Jehovah's Witness And Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Jehovah's Witness And Health (548 Views)

Woman Dies After Refusing Blood Transfusion Because She Is A Jehovah’s Witness / Ladies And Health Professionals ... Please HELP / Law And Health: Rights Of Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witness And Health by ovisprince(m): 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, this is my first ever post since I have been on this this forum for years, my main purpose on creating this topic is simple and easy, it might be awkward and irrelevant to some people but it has being on my chest for so long so I just have to let it out..... "it is right for a Jahovah's witness worshipper to be a surgeon, doctor, mid-wife or even involve in anything related to Medicine?"  reason is because they don't involve in anything related to Blood issues, because once a patient or member is sick and has blood shortage issues they leave them to die, and i'm like who does that? They do decide who lives and die? I lost my cousin few years ago who is a J.W during child birth cause of blood shortage. Just days back again my sister lost her friend who died during child birth in the hands of a mid-wife who happened to be a J.W, so I won't to know if I am the only one having this thought or not

Mind you, I have nothing against J.W people but this has got to stop.

Thanks for your time

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness And Health by ease06(m): 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
From my little experience though,they support proper healthcare system,they promote and patronize hospitals and clinics BUT they don't subscribe to blood transfusion cos of their doctrine.they will say its not scriptural to transfuse blood they just believe everything daily routine must emerge from the bible(times).

(1) (Reply)

How Hiv Evolves / Killed By Fake Medicine Advert / Checkout!!!,penis Enlargment Technique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.