Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria (54597 Views)

Rivers State Among Safest States In Nigeria —NGE / Nnamdi Kanu Reveals 9 States To Follow Biafra After Referendum / Enugu, One Of The Safest States In Nigeria- Ugwuanyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by vjsmiles: 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Me and thankfully there are no robbers to snatch it from me.grin
[size=14pt] here in Asia, Shenyang,China to be precise, we leave our ipads on the streets and wake up the next morning to collect ..
And it will still be intact..not an inch movement.. grin

So now uuhyo and china which is safer ? angry grin [/size]

1 Like

Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by Swagk101(m): 6:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
abbey621:
When typing sh*t like this try to state clearly that it is based on your opinion or point of view. What works for me might not work for you, my cousin stays in Onitsha and it has been peaceful for the past one year. I grew up in Mushin, and it was the safest place on earth for me, I was never harassed, I stayed up till 2A.M in the morning on most days in the street playing Baba Ijebu, I stayed with the Boys on the street and knew exactly where to go and whom to associate with. The same Calabar that you mentioned, I have a friend that was robbed there just two weeks ago, so fu*k your analysis!
You are right bro, throughout my stay in ABU Zaria i lived off campus and being a Lagos boy I'm used 2 keeping late nights i.e watch matches @ nyt, coming home with my laptop and other gadgets and i've never been robbed, whereas my peeps in other places can't do such.I think this is based on d op's opinion and should never be generalised
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by juman(m): 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
AreaFada2:

Give example of inter-state edo kidnappers. Usually out-of-state kidnappers kidnap in Edo & take to other states

Do you know how many non-Edo live in Edo? Many still there despite state creations. In Benin back in the day, 70% of my neighbours by today's definition would not be Edo indegene. Edo is one place in SS where someone with Yoruba name, Muslim name, Igbo name cannot be identified as non-Edo just by name. Someone called Tunde Fapohunda can be from Edo State or SW. Murtala Ibrahim can be from Auchi or Zamfara. Ike Obi can be Igbanke or from SE.

Okay. I accept that those kidnappers might not originally from edo state.
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by Astutechris(m): 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
"Onitsha: Robbery". Hmmm I wonder where you get that from?

http://www.bookofy.com/50-ways-to-make-money-online/
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
chukingchuks:
Bro, Onitsha is no longer like that. For the past one year now, there hasn't been any robbery case recorded at Onitsha. that was Gov. Obiano's first agenda that he tackled when he became Gov of Anambra state. do research well before compiling list

Bro I agree with you, Onitsha na correct place to stay now in terms of Security. very safe place, thanks to Anambra state current governor Obiano

1 Like

Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by pretydiva(f): 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
Edo state is d safest..take it or leave it. There is no state without cultism. So dat should b ruled out
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by oguinedavid(m): 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
IMO and Benin? I tink I'll go with uyo and Ibadan
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by princejenks(m): 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2015
Has the poster lived in any of the cities mentioned for a period of time to determine they are safe or not,or he is just basing it on what he read or was told? BTW,why is a city like ibadan missing from that list?
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by lagdmark(m): 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
osaslord500:
Edo is still the best state on earth, trust me we are better than new York City.
Edo is good for business apart from crimes, eg human trafficking, cultism and Ashawo
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by CentralIntels: 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
Owerre is very dirty filled with armed robbers and prostitutes. Its not safe to raise a family there

Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by egbaakin: 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
Okay
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by tpiander: 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
AreaFada2:

Give example of inter-state edo kidnappers. Usually out-of-state kidnappers kidnap in Edo & take to other states

Do you know how many non-Edo live in Edo? Many still there despite state creations. In Benin back in the day, 70% of my neighbours by today's definition would not be Edo indegene. Edo is one place in SS where someone with Yoruba name, Muslim name, Igbo name cannot be identified as non-Edo just by name. Someone called Tunde Fapohunda can be from Edo State or SW. Murtala Ibrahim can be from Auchi or Zamfara. Ike Obi can be Igbanke or from SE.

Edos do not bear Fa names.

if you see someone living in Edo whose name is Fa, then the person is Yoruba, unless he's trying to trick people. Could also be from the Akoko Edo side, but so far I'm yet to see someone from there like that.

Usually out-of-state kidnappers kidnap in Edo & take to other states

haba, we all know its the other way round nah?

Lord have mercy. undecided
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by trizzy123: 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
Anyway, that's your opinion. Oyo state is the safest

1 Like

Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by TheSonOfMark(m): 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
vjsmiles:
[size=14pt] here in Asia, Shenyang,China to be precise, we leave our ipads on the streets and wake up the next morning to collect ..
And it will still be intact..not an inch movement.. grin

So now uuhyo and china which is safer ? angry grin [/size]

Erm, wait for me to inquire from my Facebook friend, YU KAN LIE.grin
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by Lucky4real28(m): 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
I strongly disagree with the inclusion of benin, rate of cultism and shooting is something else.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by misspicy(f): 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
OP where is kwara.....Ilorin to be precise

#Thatkwaragirl.
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by ayusco85(m): 7:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Uyo is safer than Calabar. Even those in Calabar acknowledge this.

By default Uyo is the safest city in Nigeria. cool

Why won't u hype ur city.
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by TheSonOfMark(m): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
ayusco85:

Why won't u hype ur city.

Check the official list ot the safest cities.

Even those in Calabar readily agree that Uyo is the safest. cool
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by cupidhero(m): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
OP remove PH from your list abeg. Looting is allowed!! grin
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by wildikeman(m): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
CentralIntels:
Owerre is very dirty filled with armed robbers and prostitutes. Its not safe to raise a family there
dirty and annoying. The people are wicked...mbaise dirts
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by Funjosh(m): 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ajibo111:
THE MAIN problem facing Nigeria today is security instability.
EVER Since boko haram sect group started their war with
From my own opinion, i am giving out this list below
as the best cities in Nigeria, “WHY” because they
low crime rate, no religious crisis, no triber crisis,
average security, low unemployment rate, great
employment chances, a place you can retire to, a
place you can train and bring up your children,
friendly people, a place where english is generally
spoken and lastly well organize,

1.Cross river state “calabar

Calabar is the capital city of cross river, the city
was the former capital city of Nigeria until it was
move to abuja, calabar still remain a place for all,
peaceful people, most of them are Christian, but
also have regards for other religion, calabar is a
home for tourism, with some of their yearly festival
you will love it.

2.River state: port Harcourt

Port Harcourt is the capital city or river state, the
city is the 5th most populated city in Nigeria, and it
has the largest economics in Nigeria, mainly
because of crude oil there, and other many
factories, seaport and other industries. But be
careful

3.Imo: owerri

Owerri is this list because of it’s beauty and
religious violence free

4.Abuja: fct

Nigeria capital city, it’s like paradise, job
opportunity is at average level, industries and
factories are its major source.

5.EDO state: benin city

The city of hope and peace, its know for it’s
friendly, you can never be lost, generally speaking
of english language by both old and young, its one of
the safest city, under a speed development of roads
and infrastructures by the government of the state,
low crime rate, no triber fight,the people have
regards for all religions,with a lot beautiful sexy girls
all round the busy nigh life area of the city, weekend
parties, nightclub, opportunities is at average, i
really love the ways of the city.

There are other many beautiful cities Nigeria i didn’t
include them because of high crime rate, place like:

Abia: rituals

Onitsha: robberies.

Warri: kidnapping, violence, pocket picking.

Bayelsa: kidnapping

Kaduna: bombing.

Lagos: violence of all kind, stealing,
lkillings,prostitution, bribe, pocket picking, rap,
rituals, human sacrifices for money, and every kind
of those guys living there are really trying. Over
population

Kanu: bombing of churches and public places.

Port harcort: kidnapping.

Maduguri: religious fight, bombing by islamic boko
harams sets. ,many lives has been wasted
feel free to add yours!!!

OP is as confused as this post TRASH lipsrsealed
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by cupidhero(m): 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
Uyo is the safest city in Nigeria.
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by mfm04622: 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
You surely do not know what you are talking about! Port Harcourt safe? Not to a colleague! The guy was in Kaduna. BH come dey fear am. He worked his way to Port Harcourt. He ran back within a month! He thanked God the office never see anybody wey go come Kaduna! He witnessed live kidnapping in daytime! Then guys shooting each other in the night! They are not robbers ooo! He no wait for the guy in PH to hand over again. He ran to Head Office to meet his godfathers to be posted back to Kaduna! How many souls did we lose during election in Port harcour? Port Harcourt safe my foot!
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by Oyejay(m): 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
tiamiyukunle69:
Ibadan nko
Welcome to Ajale grin
tiamiyukunle69:
Ibadan nko
Welcome to Ajale
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by ayusco85(m): 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Check the official list ot the safest cities.

Even those in Calabar readily agree that Uyo is the safest. cool

Uyo is safe I agree. But the safest?? Nah I don't buy dat
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by mfm04622: 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
What do you have against Abeokuta? What of Ibadan? What is Port Harcourt and Benin doing on that list?
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by vjsmiles: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Erm, wait for me to inquire from my Facebook friend, YU KAN LIE.grin
[size=14pt] Lie ko?
Facebook ni?

Mehn, the kind of thugs that reside here ehh they kill for competition grin [/size]
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by Happiness87(f): 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ajibo111:
THE MAIN problem facing Nigeria today is security instability.
EVER Since boko haram sect group started their war with
From my own opinion, i am giving out this list below
as the best cities in Nigeria, “WHY” because they
low crime rate, no religious crisis, no triber crisis,
average security, low unemployment rate, great
employment chances, a place you can retire to, a
place you can train and bring up your children,
friendly people, a place where english is generally
spoken and lastly well organize,

1.Cross river state “calabar

Calabar is the capital city of cross river, the city
was the former capital city of Nigeria until it was
move to abuja, calabar still remain a place for all,
peaceful people, most of them are Christian, but
also have regards for other religion, calabar is a
home for tourism, with some of their yearly festival
you will love it.

2.River state: port Harcourt

Port Harcourt is the capital city or river state, the
city is the 5th most populated city in Nigeria, and it
has the largest economics in Nigeria, mainly
because of crude oil there, and other many
factories, seaport and other industries. But be
careful

3.Imo: owerri

Owerri is this list because of it’s beauty and
religious violence free

4.Abuja: fct

Nigeria capital city, it’s like paradise, job
opportunity is at average level, industries and
factories are its major source.

5.EDO state: benin city

The city of hope and peace, its know for it’s
friendly, you can never be lost, generally speaking
of english language by both old and young, its one of
the safest city, under a speed development of roads
and infrastructures by the government of the state,
low crime rate, no triber fight,the people have
regards for all religions,with a lot beautiful sexy girls
all round the busy nigh life area of the city, weekend
parties, nightclub, opportunities is at average, i
really love the ways of the city.

There are other many beautiful cities Nigeria i didn’t
include them because of high crime rate, place like:

Abia: rituals

Onitsha: robberies.

Warri: kidnapping, violence, pocket picking.

Bayelsa: kidnapping

Kaduna: bombing.

Lagos: violence of all kind, stealing,
lkillings,prostitution, bribe, pocket picking, rap,
rituals, human sacrifices for money, and every kind
of those guys living there are really trying. Over
population

Kanu: bombing of churches and public places.

Port harcort: kidnapping.

Maduguri: religious fight, bombing by islamic boko
harams sets. ,many lives has been wasted
feel free to add yours!!!

op kindly replace Abuja, Port Harcourt and Edo with Akwa Ibom, Enugu and Ilorin resp.

except you know nothing about these

1 Like

Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
tpiander:

Edos do not bear Fa names.

if you see someone living in Edo whose name is Fa, then the person is Yoruba, unless he's trying to trick people.

haba, we all know its the other way round nah?

Lord have mercy. undecided

Do you now towns called Usen, Utese, Egbeta, Olumoye, Iguogho etc? The Duke/Enogie of Usen is called Elawure, my relative by the way. So are other dukes in the area. Fapohunda, Adeyemi, Ajibade, Adewale, Adetutu, Adenuga, Jimoh, Olufemi, Ojo, Ige, Ajayi and more are regular names in my family. Two relatives are Palace chiefs in Benin. We even have "Lamogun" morning salutation as descendants of Oba Eweka 1, from 1169 AD. Ero of Urubi, Ezomo of Uzebu are also relatives

Yes, we have ties with Eastern Yorubaland that used to be under Benin Empire. Yes, we're even bilingual but part of Benin Kingdom/Empire for 800 years plus.
You think Edo/Benin is just what you see at Ring Road or Sapele Road. I guess you know little about the local govts that make up the post-1914 (reduced by over 95%) Benin Kingdom that we have till today. If you don't know something, better ask.
Re: Top Five Safest States To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
Stupid list....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi / Nigerian Federal Allocation In Colonial Period (Photo) / FG Begins Cash Transfer To 200,000 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.