Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

The Real Egbon: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Real Egbon: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon (322 Views)

Serena Williams Is Engaged To Alexis Ohanian, Reddit Co-Founder. Gets Backlash / Serena Williams Wins Her Sixth Wimbledon Title / Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Real Egbon: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by WanaG(m): 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
Serena Williams continued her quest for a 6th Wimbledon title as she beat elder sister Venus to qualify for the quarterfinals.

It was a packed Monday at Wimbledon, and Serena made quick work of her sister, beating her 6-4 6-3.

It was another win in the sisterly battle for Serena, 33, who has now 15 of the 26 matches she has faced up against 35-year old Venus.

Serena wasn't exactly euphoric over the win, and she said after the game that "it's hard to feel excited when it's your best friend in the world... Who knows if we'll have a chance to play again?"

The possibility of another match-up is quite high, as Venus admits she isn't ready to quit yet.

When asked if she'd be back next year she simply replied, "I think so."

Serena did extremely well to come out of what was a tough match up with her sister, and will now face the winner of the Belinda Bencic vs. Victoria Azarenka tie.

Source: http://www.360nobs.com/2015/07/the-real-egbon-serena-williams-defeats-elder-sister-venus-at-wimbledon/
Re: The Real Egbon: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by Ofeakwu(m): 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ok
Re: The Real Egbon: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by TheRealAdonye(m): 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
I fancy Serena to go all the way..

Azarenka should be next but I think the younger Williams would make slight work of her.

(1) (Reply)

NOT AGAIN! Djokovic Beats Federer In 4 Sets For 3rd Wimbledon Title / Dig A Little Deeper And It’s Math Magic / Louis Van Gaal Gave Me No Chance-van Persie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.