Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,076 members, 7,811,017 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Should I Go For It? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Should I Go For It? (1122 Views)

Should I Go For This Laptop? / Please Advice: Should I Go To Computer Village Or Order Online? / Should I Go For ESET Antivirus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go For It? by kenny160: 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
hi gurus in the house i need your help pertaining the new laptop i want to buy am not a fans of Hp laptop cause i have bad experience with their product some times ago i bought one hp laptop that has AMD as proccessor this laptop normaly hot and everyday i use to take it to engineer for repairing i later sold it off later my brother buy me one small dell the laptop doesnt have fan dell inspiron mini so this time around am booking #70,000 for new toshiba but i couldnt see so now am going for hp again since some of my friend said is good i saw some on jumia wich i thinks is better when i check there specification i later choose one the specification is here bellow do you think is good? Shoud i go for it thanks as you advice me Here is it as writting by jumia:
250 G3 Intel Celeron-2.16GHz
(2GB,500GB HDD) 15.6-Inch Windows 8
Laptop
The HP 250 is a 15.6 inch laptop;
This laptop is powered by an efficient
and powerful 2.16 GHz Intel Dual Core
processor; this gives the system an
incredible performance. There is 500GB
hard disk drive and a 2GB RAM to
enhance the performance of this laptop.
It has an integrated webcam that allows
you make video call with ease from your
laptop. It has interfaces like Wi-Fi, LAN,
HDMI, Bluetooth and more. The operating
system on this laptop is the latest
windows 8; it has office suites that will
allow you get things done with relative
ease. The professional software on the
windows OS will allow you make better
presentations, prepare documents
faster, edit images and send emails with
ease.
The hard disk drive offers you enough
memory space for all your files and
documents.You don't need an external
hard disk as the memory space on this
laptop is more than enough to hold all
your files. A laptop this powerful need an
equally efficient battery to power it; that
is why it has been fitted a lithium ion
battery that can run the system non-stop
for several hours. It is suitable for long
haul flights and when you are away from
a power source.
Get HP 250 G3 Intel Celeron-2.16GHz
(2GB,500GB HDD) 15.6-Inch Windows 8
Laptop on Jumia at the best price in
Nigeria.
SKU (simple): HP246ELAE4ZWNAFAMZ
Model: K7H85EA
Weight (kg): 2.2
Colour: Black
Display Size (inches): 15.6
Hard Disk (GB): 500
CPU Speed (GHz): 2.16
Processor Type: Intel Celeron
Operating System: Windows 8
Product warranty: 1 YEAR
RAM(GB): 2
Re: Should I Go For It? by destinysaid(m): 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
[img][/img]it all depends on what you wanna use it for, if i were to buy, d fact that its intel Celeron already disqualifies it for me, that processor is ancient. I suggest you look for an i3 or i5 or if money dey i7, like the one am using below, its an old hp 650 an should be able to do all your work efficiently. Im somewhat of a mid user cause i use mine for photoshop, after effects, premier pro n illustrator, and also for running ps2 emulators, and playing gta iv, so as you can see it handles my needs........for the time being, check computer village, you should see a good one to buy.

Re: Should I Go For It? by Fulaman198(m): 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
The processor and ram configuration are a bit on the low end of the spectrum.

I'd recommend at least a core i3 with 4gb of RAM for normal everyday computing.
Re: Should I Go For It? by kenny160: 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
destinysaid:
[img][/img]it all depends on what you wanna use it for, if i were to buy, d fact that its intel Celeron already disqualifies it for me, that processor is ancient. I suggest you look for an i3 or i5 or if money dey i7, like the one am using below, its an old hp 650 an should be able to do all your work efficiently. Im somewhat of a mid user cause i use mine for photoshop, after effects, premier pro n illustrator, and also for running ps2 emulators, and playing gta iv, so as you can see it handles my needs........for the time being, check computer village, you should see a good one to buy.
hi thanks i realy apreciate your comment and the time you spent to type all this and also the adice God bless you abumdantly (amen) about what i want to be using it for i want to be using it to browse and also for my study in school i would have try the one you suggested but money is the matter i want to ask you this please what wrong with the intel celeron and wich one better between normal intel and intel celeron? thanks
Re: Should I Go For It? by destinysaid(m): 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
kenny160:
hi thanks i realy apreciate your comment and the time you spent to type all this and also the adice God bless you abumdantly (amen) about what i want to be using it for i want to be using it to browse and also for my study in school i would have try the one you suggested but money is the matter i want to ask you this please what wrong with the intel celeron and wich one better between normal intel and intel celeron? thanks
ya celeron is just not powerful enough to be used for high performance operations. the i3 isnt that expensive and i assure you, you would be able to get an i3 for the mentioned amount. since you need it for browsing and school stuff only, i think its ok, but that was what i said last year when i was getting mine(the one i use), just plan ahead in time, so if you eventually need a high end program, you laptop wlil be able to handle it.
Re: Should I Go For It? by destinysaid(m): 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
Fulaman198:
The processor and ram configuration are a bit on the low end of the spectrum.

I'd recommend at least a core i3 with 4gb of RAM for normal everyday computing.
yes o, even those are getting outdated though
Re: Should I Go For It? by Fulaman198(m): 12:15am On Jul 07, 2015
destinysaid:
yes o, even those are getting outdated though

Well not really for basic computing. Even a 2gb RAM Windows 8.1 device like the Asus T-100 would be suitable for most people that do basic computing (going to Youtube, checking e-mails, writing Word documents, browsing the web). I think the biggest upgrade for anyone could be replacing their hard drive with an SSD.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For It? by kenny160: 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2015
destinysaid:
ya celeron is just not powerful enough to be used for high performance operations. the i3 isnt that expensive and i assure you, you would be able to get an i3 for the mentioned amount. since you need it for browsing and school stuff only, i think its ok, but that was what i said last year when i was getting mine(the one i use), just plan ahead in time, so if you eventually need a high end program, you laptop wlil be able to handle it.
thanks those i3 i saw her too expensive can you please tell me what type i can buy woch not up to i3 that is better than intel celeron because those i3 are nothing less than 90k so tell please

(1) (Reply)

Lightweight, Small Screen Hp Gaming Pc Advice / Dell Inspiron 3520 For Sale / Uk Used Hp Laptop Needed In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.