Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects (18194 Views)

SSS Releases Detained Judges / FG Releases Detained IPOB Members / Nigerian Army Releases Pictures Of Dikwa Triumph (2) (3) (4)

Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
THE Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Kenneth Minimah, has said that Boko Haram suspects, who have being under detention in Nigerian Army cells for some months will be released on Monday July 6, 2015 after investigation confirmed their innocence,.

Minimah, who led the senior officers of Nigeria Army at the Defence Headquarters to observe this year’s Nigeria Army Day Celebration (NADCEL) in Maiduguri, Borno State capital, disclosed this on Monday during a courtesy call on the Borno State governor, Kashim Shettima.

Minimah said the choice to observe this year’s NADCEL ?in Maiduguri was to give a morale booster to the troops on ground that are fighting the Boko Haram insurgency.

He also explained that it was logical to have a low-key celebration since the Military Command and Control Centre (MCCC) had been relocated to Maiduguri.

Minimah said aside other ceremonial activities like laying of wreath at the military cemetery, the decoration of some gallant troops with medal, “we are going to release some of the Boko Haram suspects who have been investigated and found to be free of all suspected incrimination to the Borno State government for onward reintegration with their families.”

Shettima paid tributes to the Nigeria Army for all the supports it had been giving the state in the war against Boko Haram.

He has also thanked the Army for bringing this year’s NADCEL to Maiduguri.

He pledged further government assistance to the army in the prosecution of the counter insurgency war.

Minimah also led the officers to the palace of the Shehu of Borno where he paid tributes to HRH Abubakar ?Garbai Ibn Umar El-kanemi.

The royal father welcomed the COAS and his entourage, even as he reminded them of the peaceful history of the people of Borno State and how over the year, outsiders of first and second generation immigrants had come to introduce alien culture of violence and religious extremism to his domain.

“Borno has earned its global recognition for its hospitality and peaceful disposition; that is why it is name ‘home of peace and hospitality; Borno is the birthplace of politics without bitterness.

“But, today, we have to ask ourselves why such an ugly disturbance occur in Borno, the home of peace.

“The answer to this is that majority of the ?arrested Boko Haram suspects seem to either first or second generation non indigines of Borno State.

“Similar crisis of Boko Haram had once occurred at the beginning of the 21st century when at the Tashan-Journey park at the ?outskirts of Maiduguri we used to have lots of trailers coming in with loads of young boys that were being off loaded day and night in the name of coming to seek religious knowledge.

“At that observations and complaints were made at all levels of government. Peoples have cooperated fully with the security by providing information at that time and even now.

“But since many people in Borno were killed, including notable personalities like Late General Mamman Shuwa and so on.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/07/army-releases-detained-boko-haram-suspects/
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by stepo707: 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
While it is a welcomed development to release the innocent one I sincerely hope that the real terrorists have not corrupted the innocent one thereby now releasing a brainwashed individual back to the society to cause mayhem

modified: Finally made FTC, na godwin.I dedicate to ex president GEJ. Love and miss you sir

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by adauzed(f): 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
coolserious?
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by kolatobs(m): 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
Front page just like that....

The person above me though....

Even the one below...

Narialand Association of space bookers (NASB)
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Allem(m): 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Goldmaxx(f): 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
GOD bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Hit like if you believe.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by richidinho(m): 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mttcheeeeew
Order from Buhari

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Slynonny(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mr Mouth Action i see your dirty hands in this release.
#I_hate_mouth_Action.

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
Slynonny:
Mr Mouth Action i see your dirty hands in this release.

#I_hate_mouth_Action.
what a f00l u are!

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Mostwanted7: 5:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
Wrong move!!!

Dollyak should see this
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Chigorkizz(m): 5:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
Has the negotiation started?

Am sure this is part of the negotiation with the terrorist

D.ullardinho!!!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by sukkot: 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
ok na

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by kay29000(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hmm
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by alaoeri: 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
Suspects.
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by muahmed(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
Y na? Naija don cast

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by godoluwa(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
we r watching the drama

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by adioolayi(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
it is well
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by B69U: 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
DULLARDHINO HAS DONE IT AGAIN!

THEY SHOULD HAVE RELEASED THE ONES THEY SENT TO ANAMBRA IN THEIR NATURAL HABBITANT RIGHT THERE IN BORNO.#

BOKO.HARI THE DA.URA DULLARD, WHY SEND YOUR KINSMEN TO CHRISTIAN IGBOLAND? WHY?

NEXT WILL BE THE ANTICIPATED AMNESTY FOR BOKO HARAM, THE SAME AMNESTY U CANCELLED ON THE DAY U WHERE SWORN IN AS PRESIDENT FOR THE NIGER DELTA, WHERE IT IS REALLY NEEDED.

NIGER DELTA CANNOT FISH/FARM BECOS OF OIL POLLUTION AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION, BOKO BOYZ HAVE THEIR FARM BUT YET BUHARI HAVE DENIED NIGER DELTA EVEN GUARDING OF OIL PIPELINE IN THEIR REGION, WHICH THE FULANI ARMY HAVE TAKEN OVER IN THE CREEKS.

WE SHALL SEE, HOW FAR BUHARI GOES WITH NORTHERN DOMINATION OF OTHER REGION RESOURCES AND NIGERIA.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by DickDastardly(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
haha
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by destinysaid(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
stepo707:
While it is a welcomed development to release te innocent one I sincerely ope tat te real terrorists ave not corrupted te innocent one thereby now releasing a brainwashed individual back to the society to cause mayhem
same here too o, its indeed a good tin
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
Read how I found out that religion is a scam to black race.

Note this is a real story and all I stated there came from our creator himself

www.nairaland.com/2338294/must-read-why-how-became

Back to the topic=hope the real terrorists hasn't corrupted the innocent ones?

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by bigangel4u(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
Congrats to them.
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by adorablepepple(f): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by thinkdip(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
what!!! am I dreaming, are these not the suspect who was arrested with bombs and explosives? baba y?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by kenedy175(m): 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
I hope they make sure they release only the innocent ones
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by tbaba1234: 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mostwanted7:
Wrong move!!!

should innocent people be kept in detention indefinitely??
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by chesterlee(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
I see..........

The Negotiations has started
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by elantraceey(f): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
smh

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by destinysaid(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
muahmed:
Y na? Naija don cast
a person being detained without any evidence,it is illegal to do such. it could be a case of being at the wrong plc at the wrong time, and besides if you were innocent and left to rot in jail shey e go good??

Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by freedom96: 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Now let's move forward to investigating the amnesty international report.

Ihejerika and shekau have questions to answer angry
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Drsheddy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
K
Re: Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Udo odikwa grin grin lipsrsealed sad

Aregbesola Inspects Projects In Osun, Hailed By People - Photos / PDP Lawmakers Begin Defection To APC. / "The Death Of Cross River State Happened In 2007” – Donald Duke