Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Urgent Attension Needed Please. Al-bakir, Tbaba, Raywan & Others. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Urgent Attension Needed Please. Al-bakir, Tbaba, Raywan & Others. (872 Views)

10 Useless Matters - By Ibn Al-qiyyam / Preparing For The Day Of Judgement By – Imaam Ibn Hajar Al-asqalani / Happy Eid Al-Adha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Attension Needed Please. Al-bakir, Tbaba, Raywan & Others. by Nokiax2(m): 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
Is there any benefit in keeping bears in islam? and is it important to keep it?? Pls i will like some evidence too. I am just asking this for de sake of knowledge and to avoid unecessary argument.
Re: Urgent Attension Needed Please. Al-bakir, Tbaba, Raywan & Others. by MrOlai: 9:07am On Jul 07, 2015
Nokiax2:
Is there any benefit in keeping bears in islam? and is it important to keep it?? Pls i will like some evidence too. I am just asking this for de sake of knowledge and to avoid unecessary argument.
Nokiax2:

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate,
Most Merciful.

Growing a beard is an extremely emphasised
and encouraged way (Sunnah) of the
Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give
him peace), and held by the Muslim scholars
to be necessary (wajib) for a man.

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him &
give him peace) repeatedly instructed the
growing of a beard in many narrations, and
his own habitual and continuous practice
was that of growing a full beard. Thus, the
obligation of keeping a beard is clear from
the statements of the Messenger of Allah
(Allah bless him & give him peace), the
statements of the great Imams and the
constant practice of the early Muslims
(salaf).

1) Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be
pleased with him) narrates that the
him peace) said: “Trim (your) moustaches
and lengthen/grow (your) beards.” (Sahih al-
Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

2) Sayyiduna Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased
with him) narrates that the Messenger of
Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace)
said: “Cut off moustaches, leave beards and
do otherwise than the fire
worshippers.” (Sahih Muslim, no. 260)

3) Sayyiduna Anas ibn Malik (Allah be
him peace) said: “Trim moustaches,
lengthen/leave beards and do not imitate the
Jews.” (Tahawi, Sharh Ma’ani al-Athar,
4/230)

4) Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be
him peace) ordered the trimming/clipping of
moustaches and the leaving of the
beards.” (Sahih Muslim, no. 1/222)

In the above Hadiths, the Messenger of Allah
(Allah bless him & give him peace)
categorically commanded the keeping of the
beard in many different ways, and with using
different words. In the English translation of
the above narrations (Hadiths), it is not
possible to clearly observe the different
wordings used. However, those who may
look at the original Arabic text of these
narrations will see that the Messenger of
Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace)
used different phrases and words to
emphasise the keeping of the beard.

The great Hadith master, Imam al-Nawawi
(Allah have mercy on him) states in his
renowned commentary of Sahih Muslim:
The words: A’fu, Awfu. Arkhu, Arju and
Waffiru have all been used; the meaning of
all of which is to leave the beard as it
is.” (Sharh Sahih Muslim, 3/151)

Ruling on Growing a Beard and Moustache -
IslamQA
Re: Urgent Attension Needed Please. Al-bakir, Tbaba, Raywan & Others. by Nokiax2(m): 10:52am On Jul 07, 2015
Mrolai thanks 4 ur explanations, may Allah reward u with good.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Attension Needed Please. Al-bakir, Tbaba, Raywan & Others. by MrOlai: 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
Nokiax2:
Mrolai thanks 4 ur explanations, may Allah reward u with good.
Amin my brother. Wa iyyakum.
Re: Urgent Attension Needed Please. Al-bakir, Tbaba, Raywan & Others. by AlBaqir(m): 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
Nokiax2:

Though MrOlai has given a very good presentation, I only wish to add little taught.

First, keeping beard is not Wahjibat (obligatory) has MrOlai put it. Anything Wahjibat in Islam, failure to do so attracts punishment before Allah if not hell-fire. Although there are Scholars who labeled it as wahjib.
It remains among the highly recommended (Mustahabat) acts advice by the Prophet. You can discern this from the tone of the Hadith given by MrOlai. This is also the case in the Quran. Not all the 'dos' are commanded to be obligatory. Some are recommended.

Second, a particular hadith posted by MrOlai which says Muslim should not resemble the Jews for they used to cut their beard while leaving the moustache. Does the Jews really do that? Jews use to keep beard resembling that of Muslim. In fact its one if their Sunnah (practice) esp. their Rabbis. Its possible the narrator of the Hadith made a mistake in quoting the exact word of the prophet or its equally possible prophet was referring to some specific Jewish group who have changed their sunnah. I support this view of mine with another Hadith which states that the difference between the Muslim and non-muslim is Salat. And indeed you will mistakenly take a non-muslim for Muslim sometimes for his outlook.
__------------_

Following are my submissions on the significance of beard:

1. It is a natural characteristic feature and identity which distinctly distinguish a man from woman. You can ask yourself why it is only in man's DNA to develop beard at certain stage of his life.

And observe people, society no longer treat a bearded male as boy again. It signifies adulthood and respect comes along with it. This is simply on a natural platform. Those who have deviated from this natural state do not often command the respect and significance and beauty associated with this. Even some of these world known scientist, thinkers, professors keep beard as great identity.

2. It is a sign of 'wisdom'. A beard man in the midst of non-beard men is more recognized and respected and given more attention than the rest. It is assumed he should be more knowledgeable and informed than the others. However, if reverse is the case, people tend to be surprise and possibly disturbed. If someone with no beard prove to be more knowledgeable, the wish of the people will be for that person to at least keep some beard.

3. It is among the Sunnah of the prophets. Observe some of the depicting pictures of Jesus, Moses, Abraham etc made by the Jews or Christians, they always draw these personalities with beard. And it is proven beyond doubt that Muhammad ibn Abdullah (salawatullah wa salamu alahi wa ahlih) keep beard.

Lastly, while it is highly recommended to keep beard, it is also be kept in mind that its a great identity that must not be abused. The only significant description of the prophet in the entire Quran is Akhlaq (best moral virtue). While we keep beard, it should be the reflection of 'wisdom', virtue and calmness (adulthood). Never something contrary to it. We shouldn't just engage ourselves in make-up Sunnah while lacking in the inner qualities of moral virtues that happens to be the real passport to Jannah.

Wa Salam Alaykum.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Attension Needed Please. Al-bakir, Tbaba, Raywan & Others. by MrOlai: 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
AlBaqir:

Though MrOlai has given a very good presentation, I only wish to add little taught.

AlBaqir and "gunshots"! grin
Ramadan Kareem!
Re: Urgent Attension Needed Please. Al-bakir, Tbaba, Raywan & Others. by major911(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
@albaqir, I think the jews keep both the beards and mustache while the prophets enjoin us to keep the beard and remove the mustache.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent Attension Needed Please. Al-bakir, Tbaba, Raywan & Others. by AlBaqir(m): 6:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
major911:
@albaqir, I think the jews keep both the beards and mustache while the prophets enjoin us to keep the beard and remove the mustache.

Ma sha Allah brother. That's a strong possibility at that time and I agree with you. Jazak'Allahu khair.
Re: Urgent Attension Needed Please. Al-bakir, Tbaba, Raywan & Others. by Nokiax2(m): 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2015
Al-baqir, i sincerely appreciate ur explanation, may Allah increase ur knowledge to de fullest, u r one among the good scholars who explain tinx 4 more understanding.
Am jx here to seek knowledge not argument.
JazzaAllahu kayran.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 / Mssn / Propaganda Campaign In Nigeria Against Iran And Muslims.Please Muslims Beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.