Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,621 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 (862 Views)

Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years / Marriage Of Aisha (r.a) At 9 Years Old / The Marriage Of Aisha At 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by AbuuBilaal(m): 4:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
Copied......

MARRIAGE OF AISHA @ 9
This is so STRANGE why ?

I checked one page on Facebook our bothers were
busy in argument with Christians
about the age of our Mother Aisha (R.A) and many of
us can't defend our selves on this issue but lemme
make it clear.

-while the disbelievers were busy calling
HIM(Prophet PBUH) a pedophile.

-the muslims were busy faulting sahih
bukhari so as to "cover-up" the issue.

-the aged were like: that's extremism.

Aisha radiAllahu anha said, I was given in
marriage to the rasul salallahu alayhi
wassalam when I was 6yrs old, and he
consummated the marriage when I was 9
( bukhari)

Rather than call it a da'eef hadith, to please
ur non-muslim friends who are insulting ur
rasool, just be silent,or ask the scholars and
read more about seerah and perhaps Allah
may grant u d hikmah behind it.

Have u ever asked urself?

Why is it that during the days of quraysh,
they called the rasul:

Magician, madman, and the likes but NEVER
called him a pedophile?

They never raised any question about his
marriage to Aisha (R.A), why?

Bcoz it was NORMAL at that time, girls at
dat age were suitable for marriage at dat
time, did u know:

-saint augustine (350AD) married a 10 year
old girl!

-king richard 11 (1400AD) he married a 7yr
old girl.

-henry Viii (1500AD) he married a 5yrs old
girl.

Even in the BIBLE it says:
....But save for yourself every girl who has never slept
with a man (numbers 31. 17:28)

According to the catholic encyclopedia,
mary the mother of Jesus was 12 when she married
the 99 years old joseph.

Before 1929, church of england ministers
could marry 12yrs old girls in britain.

Up till 1983, catholic canon laws permitted priests to
marry off brides at the age of 12.

In the united states, back in 1880, in the state of
delaware, the minimum age for marriage was 7yrs
and in california it was

So aisha radiAllahu anha was NOT a child when she
was married!

We live in a society where good is
condemned at every slight opportunity but evil is
encouraged even when its flaws are
crystal clear.

How strange!

The Nigerian constitution says:
An 18yr old can vote

An 18yr old can go to jail

An 18yr old can contest for political positions

An 18yr old can travel outside d country all alone.
And YET, an 18yr old can't marry?

But our 12yrs old Girls are having boyfriends!

Did u know?.
When safiyyah bint huyay was married to the rasul,
she was just 17yrs old? And that
was her THIRD marriage
She was initially married to salam ibn abi haqiq and
later to kinanah ibn abi haqiq!.

Imagine how old she was during her first
marriage?

Are u clarified now?

those still doubtful, Go back to ur village
and ask ur grandmother how old she was when she
got married!.

Islam is perfect
Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
Adding to that Aa'ishah confirmed with her own mouth that (at that time) a girl that is 9 years old is already a woman, this sahih narration was related to us through tirmidhi's book of hadeeth.

Imam Shafa'i said: "In Yemen I saw many girls aged nine who had reached puberty" this can be found in the voluminous Siyar A‘laam an-Nubala.

so it's not odd.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 21, 2017
Maa shaaa Allaah. I can rmb I opened a thread like this last year. Yarhamukullah

1 Like

Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by AbuuBilaal(m): 8:25am On Feb 22, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:
Maa shaaa Allaah. I can rmb I opened a thread like this last year. Yarhamukullah

Aameen and you too
Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by drakeli: 6:14am On Feb 28, 2017
AbuuBilaal:
Copied......

MARRIAGE OF AISHA @ 9
This is so STRANGE why ?

I checked one page on Facebook our bothers were
busy in argument with Christians
about the age of our Mother Aisha (R.A) and many of
us can't defend our selves on this issue but lemme
make it clear.

-while the disbelievers were busy calling
HIM(Prophet PBUH) a pedophile.

-the muslims were busy faulting sahih
bukhari so as to "cover-up" the issue.

-the aged were like: that's extremism.

Aisha radiAllahu anha said, I was given in
marriage to the rasul salallahu alayhi
wassalam when I was 6yrs old, and he
consummated the marriage when I was 9
( bukhari)

Rather than call it a da'eef hadith, to please
ur non-muslim friends who are insulting ur
rasool, just be silent,or ask the scholars and
read more about seerah and perhaps Allah
may grant u d hikmah behind it.

Have u ever asked urself?

Why is it that during the days of quraysh,
they called the rasul:

Magician, madman, and the likes but NEVER
called him a pedophile?

They never raised any question about his
marriage to Aisha (R.A), why?

Bcoz it was NORMAL at that time, girls at
dat age were suitable for marriage at dat
time, did u know:

-saint augustine (350AD) married a 10 year
old girl!

-king richard 11 (1400AD) he married a 7yr
old girl.

-henry Viii (1500AD) he married a 5yrs old
girl.

Even in the BIBLE it says:
....But save for yourself every girl who has never slept
with a man (numbers 31. 17:28)

According to the catholic encyclopedia,
mary the mother of Jesus was 12 when she married
the 99 years old joseph.

Before 1929, church of england ministers
could marry 12yrs old girls in britain.

Up till 1983, catholic canon laws permitted priests to
marry off brides at the age of 12.

In the united states, back in 1880, in the state of
delaware, the minimum age for marriage was 7yrs
and in california it was

So aisha radiAllahu anha was NOT a child when she
was married!

We live in a society where good is
condemned at every slight opportunity but evil is
encouraged even when its flaws are
crystal clear.

How strange!

The Nigerian constitution says:
An 18yr old can vote

An 18yr old can go to jail

An 18yr old can contest for political positions

An 18yr old can travel outside d country all alone.
And YET, an 18yr old can't marry?

But our 12yrs old Girls are having boyfriends!

Did u know?.
When safiyyah bint huyay was married to the rasul,
she was just 17yrs old? And that
was her THIRD marriage
She was initially married to salam ibn abi haqiq and
later to kinanah ibn abi haqiq!.

Imagine how old she was during her first
marriage?

Are u clarified now?

those still doubtful, Go back to ur village
and ask ur grandmother how old she was when she
got married!.

Islam is perfect

So Mohammed followed multitude to do evil abi? And his coming could not correct the prevalent wrong of child marriage of that time, only for the infidel that came after him to stop child marriage. That's what a prophet that was supposed to lead by example could not correct only for his pig to join the swine in the mud. That it was a popular practice that time didn't make it a right thing to do. And I know if Mohammed was a true prophet of God, he should know better instead of joining them. If it were today's world where a lot of wrong doing has become a normal thing to do in the society, Mohammed would have also participated in it because it's no more seen as a bad thing to do.

Come on. Your justification for marrying an underage is faulty.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by AbuuBilaal(m): 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
your understanding of the article is faulty!

The point of the article is that being underage or not is a function of the development of the person (male or female).

Unlike your dogmatic belief that there's an age that a person suddenly matures and attains puberty at the stroke of midnight of 18th birthday, Islam as a realistic religion observes the variation in individuals, this variation is also present from tribe to tribe.

So, the question you should be answering is 'what's your justification for the 18yr tag'?
I assure you, it's baseless, in scientifically and culturally.
Only the western dogmas swallow the crap hook line and sinker.
Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by drakeli: 11:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
AbuuBilaal:
your understanding of the article is faulty!

The point of the article is that being underage or not is a function of the development of the person (male or female).

Unlike your dogmatic belief that there's an age that a person suddenly matures and attains puberty at the stroke of midnight of 18th birthday, Islam as a realistic religion observes the variation in individuals, this variation is also present from tribe to tribe.

So, the question you should be answering is 'what's your justification for the 18yr tag'?
I assure you, it's baseless, in scientifically and culturally.
Only the western dogmas swallow the crap hook line and sinker.
Be truthful just for once with yourself. An average 9 year old cannot be the same in body and vital female organs necessary for reproduction as an average 18 year old. If there is any, it could be maybe 1 in every 10 child. How does that 1 child now become a justification to marrying out every other 9 year old child? Because that's what your people are doing.
Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by AbuuBilaal(m): 8:22am On Mar 01, 2017
drakeli:
Be truthful just for once with yourself. An average 9 year old cannot be the same in body and vital female organs necessary for reproduction as an average 18 year old. If there is any, it could be maybe 1 in every 10 child. How does that 1 child now become a justification to marrying out every other 9 year old child? Because that's what your people are doing.

I must be frank with you, you submissions do not look like they are from an erudite.

As for your first point, my point is not that will she be like a 18 year old, my point is that a girl can be mature by that age.

also an eighteen year old is not like a thirty year old in maturity in any aspect.

as for your second point, you cooked up that understanding from yourself. My point is that Any woman who attains puberty and maturity is fit for marriage irrespective of her age. Isn't it possible that an 18yr old is not mature yet, will you still marry her off even if she is yet to be mature.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by drakeli: 9:03am On Mar 01, 2017
AbuuBilaal:

I must be frank with you, you submissions do not look like they are from an erudite.

As for your first point, my point is not that will she be like a 18 year old, my point is that a girl can be mature by that age.

also an eighteen year old is not like a thirty year old in maturity in any aspect.

as for your second point, you cooked up that understanding from yourself. My point is that Any woman who attains puberty and maturity is fit for marriage irrespective of her age. Isn't it possible that an 18yr old is not mature yet, will you still marry her off even if she is yet to be mature.
For you to say that a girl can be mature at 9 year old for marriage, you need to tell me what you mean by mature. Does that maturity include full development of their internal organs that can support reproduction? What happened to her reproductive organs? Are they fully developed. Non wonder a lot of child marriages iin the north ended up with the child having this disease that affect their urinary tracts that make them to urinate uncontrollably after their first child. It's a documented fact that the disease is as a result of their underdeveloped reproductive organs. But of course they have reached puberty which is your own standard for maturity.

18 is not a benchmark for marriage. But at least the reproductive organs are fully developed at that age without risking too much like a 9 year old. That doesn't still say they are mentally and emotionally matured for such stage of live.

From your point of view, any girl that start puberty at any age is mature to you, hence ready for marriage, even if it's a two year old. I dear say you are and your Islamic scholars are very very wrong. This can be as a result if hormone imbalance. A child with hormone imbalance can start seeing her period at a tender age. But to Islamic child molesters, it's maturity.

Children giving birth to children....mtsheeeew!
I don't feel disappointed by your child molestation view. Even Mohammed a so called prophet did not know any better.

They will do everything to defend their prophet evil deeds. If Mohammed was an idol worshipper, they would have said, " oh it's the general practice of that time. Everyone worshipped idol, and so its a right thing to do". Are you for real? That it's a popular practice doesn't make it right. Mohammed should have been a light in the midst of darkness. Rather he joined them to satisfy his sexual escapade for a 9 year old virgin. What a prophet?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by Demmzy15(m): 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
drakeli:
[s]For you to say that a girl can be mature at 9 year old for marriage, you need to tell me what you mean by mature. Does that maturity include full development of their internal organs that can support reproduction? What happened to her reproductive organs? Are they fully developed. Non wonder a lot of child marriages iin the north ended up with the child having this disease that affect their urinary tracts that make them to urinate uncontrollably after their first child. It's a documented fact that the disease is as a result of their underdeveloped reproductive organs. But of course they have reached puberty which is your own standard for maturity.

18 is not a benchmark for marriage. But at least the reproductive organs are fully developed at that age without risking too much like a 9 year old. That doesn't still say they are mentally and emotionally matured for such stage of live.

From your point of view, any girl that start puberty at any age is mature to you, hence ready for marriage, even if it's a two year old. I dear say you are and your Islamic scholars are very very wrong. This can be as a result if hormone imbalance. A child with hormone imbalance can start seeing her period at a tender age. But to Islamic child molesters, it's maturity.

I don't feel disappointed by your child molestation view. Even Mohammed a so called prophet did not know any better.

They will do everything to defend their prophet evil deeds. If Mohammed was an idol worshipper, they would have said, " oh it's the general practice of that time. Everyone worshipped idol, and so its a right thing to do". Are you for real? That it's a popular practice doesn't make it right. Mohammed should have been a light in the midst of darkness. Rather he joined them to satisfy his sexual escapade for a 9 year old virgin. What a prophet?[/s]
Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by drakeli: 7:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
@Demmzy15, are you another child molester?
Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by falopey: 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
drakeli:
For you to say that a girl can be mature at 9 year old for marriage, you need to tell me what you mean by mature. Does that maturity include full development of their internal organs that can support reproduction? What happened to her reproductive organs? Are they fully developed. Non wonder a lot of child marriages iin the north ended up with the child having this disease that affect their urinary tracts that make them to urinate uncontrollably after their first child. It's a documented fact that the disease is as a result of their underdeveloped reproductive organs. But of course they have reached puberty which is your own standard for maturity.

They will do everything to defend their prophet evil deeds. If Mohammed was an idol worshipper, they would have said, " oh it's the general practice of that time. Everyone worshipped idol, and so its a right thing to do". Are you for real? That it's a popular practice doesn't make it right. Mohammed should have been a light in the midst of darkness. Rather he joined them to satisfy his sexual escapade for a 9 year old virgin. What a prophet?
Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by falopey: 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
drakeli:

So Mohammed followed multitude to do evil abi? And his coming could not correct the prevalent wrong of child marriage of that time, only for the infidel that came after him to stop child marriage. That's what a prophet that was supposed to lead by example could not correct only for his pig to join the swine in the mud. That it was a popular practice that time didn't make it a right thing to do. And I know if Mohammed was a true prophet of God, he should know better instead of joining them. If it were today's world where a lot of wrong doing has become a normal thing to do in the society, Mohammed would have also participated in it because it's no more seen as a bad thing to do.

Come on. Your justification for marrying an underage is faulty.
Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by NedStark: 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
The greatest of all stupidity is to be found in religion
Re: Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 by tintingz(m): 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
Where in Nigeira constitution said 18 years old can't marry? undecided

A legal marriageable age in Nigeria start 18yrs above.

I can't believe i defended this in the past on Aisha(RA) marriage age to the Prophet (SA) in the so call hadith. embarassed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ikhlaas (sincerity) / Mssn / Israeli Official: Swine Flu Is Offensive To Jews And Muslims, Rename It Mexican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.