Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,595 members, 7,958,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:18 AM

After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? (1839 Views)

Basic Maintenance Checks After Acquiring A Used Car / 8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by tjsadiq(m): 6:49am On Jul 07, 2015
Hello house... This is my first thread here, thou I read and follow from time to time. I just bought a corolla 05. Am not very vaste with knowledge of cars, so naturally, I am open to advice, maintainace tips, 'the donts' and the 'dos' as relate the corolla 05.

Ur share of experience and contributions will be appreciated.
Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by tjsadiq(m): 6:56am On Jul 07, 2015
Firstly, a friend suggested that since the car was imported from the us and carries only one cooling fan, that I will have to work a double fan and also reconnect them to start on ignition rather automatic as the auto sys(follow come) might result in over heating when in long hours of traffic......

I will like to have a second or third opinion on this. Thanks
Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03am On Jul 07, 2015
tjsadiq:
Firstly, a friend suggested that since the car was imported from the us and carries only one cooling fan, that I will have to work a double fan and also reconnect them to start on ignition rather automatic as the auto sys(follow come) might result in over heating when in long hours of traffic......

You need to change friends grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 07, 2015
tjsadiq:

DON'T try it! I repeat DON'T try it!!

Leave your car as it came in from America, don't alter anything don't adjust anything. Some parts of USA have temperatures higher than that of Yola, Maiduguri, Kano etc, and these cities in US still have regular traffic jams, regular slow moving traffic yet they didn't alter anything. The Engineers who designed those cars did a thorough job by testing and retesting components by subjecting them to very adverse environmental and operational conditions, so they know better than you.

My toyota still have the factory fan, factory thermostat and single cell radiator with coolant. Its been working well for as long as I can recall. Its a US market vehicle.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by castrobee: 8:21am On Jul 07, 2015
I concur. Change your friends. I use same corolla 05 and never overheated. As far as the thermostat is okay no problem. Also I live in the part of abuja that I wallow through almost 3 hours hold up everyday and my temp never passes half. Judge for yourself. Welcome to the club bro. You will always want to buy the corolla over and over again. The car is so so economical and sound but follow the manufacturers manual on engine oil etc
Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by arizona20: 9:29am On Jul 07, 2015
pls I stay in lag.I intend buying this 05 corolla ending of this month.pls is better I buy here in Lagos or should I go to cotonu and buy.also what is the price of the car.am budgeting 1.3m for it.
Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by tjsadiq(m): 9:37am On Jul 07, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You need to change friends grin

lol....i will take note
Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by tjsadiq(m): 9:37am On Jul 07, 2015
lomomike:

DON'T try it! I repeat DON'T try it!!

Leave your car as it came in from America, don't alter anything don't adjust anything. Some parts of USA have temperatures higher than that of Yola, Maiduguri, Kano etc, and these cities in US still have regular traffic jams, regular slow moving traffic yet they didn't alter anything. The Engineers who designed those cars did a thorough job by testing and retesting components by subjecting them to very adverse environmental and operational conditions, so they know better than you.

My toyota still have the factory fan, factory thermostat and single cell radiator with coolant. Its been working well for as long as I can recall. Its a US market vehicle.

Thanks...now I know better.
Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by tjsadiq(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2015
castrobee:
I concur. Change your friends. I use same corolla 05 and never overheated. As far as the thermostat is okay no problem. Also I live in the part of abuja that I wallow through almost 3 hours hold up everyday and my temp never passes half. Judge for yourself. Welcome to the club bro. You will always want to buy the corolla over and over again. The car is so so economical and sound but follow the manufacturers manual on engine oil etc

Thanks...I will take heed
Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by tjsadiq(m): 9:42am On Jul 07, 2015
arizona20:
pls I stay in lag.I intend buying this 05 corolla ending of this month.pls is better I buy here in Lagos or should I go to cotonu and buy.also what is the price of the car.am budgeting 1.3m for it.

I got mine from Copart in USA...and total cost of purchase, shipping, clearing with repairs sumed to like 1.4. So, I can say u could explore that options (at least you are considerably informed on what you are buying).
Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 07, 2015
tjsadiq:

Thanks...now I know better.
Look at this Toyota owner manual

Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by tjsadiq(m): 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
lomomike:

Look at this Toyota owner manual

I think i saw the manual of the car in the safe box....will go though it as well then. Thanks alot.
Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by donbuchi1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
never never make changes to your car... no matter what
Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by arizona20: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
@sjsadiq plsss can I have ur number. plsss want to talk wit u. nanamm4real@yahoo.com
Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by Mojibola(m): 10:04am On Jul 08, 2015
Just remember if you notice any problems with either the engine or transmission or the airbag, ABS lamps are on permanently, scan the car before handling the wrench.

1 Like

Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by tempex88(m): 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
You can still consult me that got u the car. I do after sales.
Re: After Acquiring My First Car(05 Corrola)...maintainance Tips? by kuma007(m): 11:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
Pls I just acquired the same kind of car. Corolla 2005. I want to know which engine oil available in Nigeria market that fulfils with Toyota's specification. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Engine Swap. Please Advice / Hypermiling - Saving Fuel By Driving Differently / Automobile Engineering Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.