Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,462 members, 7,836,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! (1088 Views)

Lau Lau By Baba Dee, Sound Sultan And Lambo Da Virus / Omoge: Lambo Da Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by leereekz: 1:24am On Mar 06, 2009
this is a banger for 2009!! only thing is i wish this guy would put out an album wetiiinnn!!
http://www.notjustok.com/2009/03/04/lambo-davirus-jam-body/#comments
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by rapjunkie(m): 1:52am On Mar 06, 2009
Love the beat. Dont we already have a  'davirus' in Naija?

Anywayz, 1st verse is kinda cool, choruses are tight but lyrics in the verses get weaker and sort of collapse at the end.  So it seems like he rushed it in the studio. Could have been better. Maybe need a remix with other cats doing verses 2 & 3?

who did the beat??
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by leereekz: 2:07am On Mar 06, 2009
this guy is the one and only ''davirus'' any other na counterfeit lol, this guy's been in the game for a long time he started this thing with sound sultan, he's been on tracks like mathematics ,sodi, back in the days, lau lau etc, i know he is based in the uk now so maybe one of them uk producers made the beat, i feel the verses are cool his word play is very unique if you listen to all his songs you'd see that but hey, its only my opinion,
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by rapjunkie(m): 2:33am On Mar 06, 2009
leereekz:

i feel the verses are cool his word play is very unique

Are u sure??

Is this an example of the 'unique word play' in the 2nd verse?:

level pass level, bass pass treble/
hot hot pass kettle, man ghetto pass ghetto/
u go dance so tey you go enter hospital/
so this dance na for only strong, strong people/

hmmmmmmm!!!
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by audio: 9:38am On Mar 06, 2009
rapjunkie:

Are u sure??

Is this an example of the 'unique word play' in the 2nd verse?:

level pass level, bass pass treble/
hot hot pass kettle, man ghetto pass ghetto/
u go dance so tey you go enter hospital/
so this dance na for only strong, strong people/

hmmmmmmm!!!

grin if he really said that, then he's wack
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by leereekz: 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2009
lol dude cmon! level pass level
bass pass treble
pot hot pass kettle
men! ghetto pass ghetto
u go dance so tey you go enter hospital
so this dance na for only strong strong people

it's a commercial naija track dude!Well i hear ur point of view but dude listen to his other jams dude is ''far'' from wack, he is just ''witty'',
Well like i said before again only my opinion,
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by rapjunkie(m): 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2009
leereekz:

lol dude cmon! level pass level
bass pass treble
pot hot pass kettle
men! ghetto pass ghetto
u go dance so tey you go enter hospital
so this dance na for only strong strong people

it's a commercial naija track dude!Well i hear ur point of view but dude listen to his other jams dude is ''far'' from wack, he is just ''witty'',
Well like i said before again only my opinion,

So just because its a 'commercial naija track' anything is fine. As long as the artist is saying something into the MIC and the beat is a 'banger'?? hmmmmm!!!

I think you can go commercial without having to stoop to this level with the lyrics. Now you say this guy is 'witty'. Did you miss out the letter 'T" in that?   tongue

Lets be frank. Those lyrics are garbage. angry
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by koffman007: 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2009
rap junkie na wa o! lol , i've been a fan and still am and you do have a point but LAMBO DAVIRUS is FAR from wack, dont you agree. u picked up on lyrics you dont like, but they make sense, my questions are, level no pass level? bass no pass treble? pot no hot pass kettle? ghetto no pass ghetto? come on this is just a case of the kind of things u prefer to hear. its not intellectual lyricism but remember say the majority of the naija population no dey as intellectual as you o! so its not every hit dat will appeal to you in its entirety,
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by audio: 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2009
koffman007:

rap junkie na wa o! lol ,  i've been a fan and still am and you do have a point but LAMBO DAVIRUS is FAR from wack, dont you agree. u picked up on lyrics you dont like,  but they make sense, my questions are,  level no pass level? bass no pass treble? pot no hot pass kettle? ghetto no pass ghetto? come on this is just a case of the kind of things u prefer to hear. its not intellectual lyricism but remember say the majority of the naija population no dey as intellectual as you o! so its not every hit dat will appeal to you in its entirety,

No offense Koffman (just in case your Lambo using an alias), but i find it insulting that you are suggesting that lyrics have to be dumbed down as far as this for the average Nigerian to understand them. Here's my theory, this is Lambo Da Viruses lyrical prowess at it's best and it tells us all we need to know about the Nigerian music industry. Now that there is money in it, everybody thinks they are a rapper.

After all, you don't have to have talent. Just make the track, no matter how dumb the lyrics are, have a half decent flow or none at all and then pay for the rest.

Can't believe you're actually trying to justify them.  angry angry
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by rapjunkie(m): 3:06pm On Mar 06, 2009
koffman007:

rap junkie na wa o! lol , i've been a fan and still am and you do have a point but LAMBO DAVIRUS is FAR from wack, dont you agree. u picked up on lyrics you dont like, but they make sense, my questions are, level no pass level? bass no pass treble? pot no hot pass kettle? ghetto no pass ghetto? come on this is just a case of the kind of things u prefer to hear. its not intellectual lyricism but remember say the majority of the naija population no dey as intellectual as you o! so its not every hit dat will appeal to you in its entirety,

Pot no hot pass kettle? eerrrr, i don't think so.

So are you saying the majority of the naija population are dimwits who think that a pot is hotter than a kettle? 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by koffman007: 5:08pm On Mar 06, 2009
guy i thought you were an intelligent person, can you cook in a kettle, but u know what, this thread cam go on and on cos im sure you have your own opinion and are entitled to it.About you saying Nigerians being dimwitted well they are not but DBANJ is one of the biggest artistes if not the biggest and i know its the majority of the populace that put him there and what knowledge is he saying? does that make them dimwitted? it's obvious you are someone who would go to any extent to prove a point that being said,it changes nothing ''opinions are like assholes everybody has one'',
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by rapjunkie(m): 5:56pm On Mar 06, 2009
koffman007:

guy i thought you were an intelligent person, can you cook in a kettle, but u know what, this thread cam go on and on cos im sure you have your own opinion and are entitled to it.About you saying Nigerians being dimwitted well they are not but DBANJ is one of the biggest artistes if not the biggest and i know its the majority of the populace that put him there and what knowledge is he saying? does that make them dimwitted? it's obvious you are someone who would go to any extent to prove a point that being said,it changes nothing ''opinions are like assholes everybody has one'',

I'm sorry you now think i am stupid. I thought the line read 'pot hot pass kettle' Didnt see anything about 'cooking in a kettle' Also I thought you could boil water in a kettle which would make it it hot.
I don't even understand what D'Banj has got to do with this so its a shame i'm not as intelligent as you. Godbless!!

OF COURSE opinions are like assholes. The problem is your opinions are comming OUT OF YOUR asshole. tongue

You asked for this. The more you wind me up the more I will expose your King 'Lambo davirus'

Its your call. I like fighting dirty grin
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by leereekz: 6:12pm On Mar 06, 2009
DAMN! Why cant we have discussions like decent human beings??EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION, YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THAT!! SIMPLE, DISCUSS AND MOVE ON. DAMN!
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by Bamsyle(m): 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2009
I haven't listened to the song but if Lambo truly did that "Pot vs. Kettle" thingy, that's lame.

I thought there's a saying like "Hot as a tea kettle"? how can a pot be hotter than a kettle? Is it not all about their elements and boiling points? Whether you cook food in a pot or boil water in a kettle - once they both reach boiling point, feel 'em with ya supple skin . . . you'll be singing Naeto C's " . . . we on fire" as you experience the big deal . . . cheesy

You see, Rapj, that's why I continue saying Nigeria's standard for a hit song differs from those of other jurisdictions. There are some lines that you can't spin in some circles and go unpunished (at least peops would scorn the living daylights outta you). In Naija, there are so many crap lines laced over good beats . . . from even the so-called megastars . . . they're so many you just have to overlook 'em . . . if you pick up all the crap lines we have from Naija artistes and analyse 'em one after the other, you'll faint cos of fatigue . . .

Some lyrics we get to hear from most Naija artistes would make ewes out of school kids if introduced into their syllabuses . . .

Honestly, the system needs to be cleansed . . .

But you know what? On second thoughts, some artistes clown on their songs atimes. I've actually listened to Lambo's "Comot For Here" and on that song, he cuts across as a comic rapper to me.

I hope he was also clowning in this instance. If so, he might just be pardoned . . .

But if not? Those lines might as well be on their way to Lalaboi's thread - "Worst Lines Ever Used In A Nigerian Song".
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by rapjunkie(m): 7:18pm On Mar 06, 2009
Bamsyle:

In Naija, there are so many crap lines laced over good beats . . . from even the so-called megastars . . . they're so many you just have to overlook 'em . . . if you pick up all the crap lines we have from Naija artistes and analyse 'em one after the other, you'll faint cos of fatigue . . .

Thats funny. If Koffman read my original post he will see that I was positive about the song. The first verse aint bad. I like the ozumba mbadiwe line and the flow but the rest sucked!!. I didnt say it like that, I simply suggested that there should be a remix. But they kept goading me. If the line is wack dont dress it up and say it is 'unique' word play. How are we going to raise the naija hip hop game if we are always lying to ourselves? 

na dem sabi

I will look for the song you mentioned and have a listen. If this guy's style is as a comic rapper then fine. That explains it all.  wink

People get so touchy grin
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 06, 2009
Well, it's a good try by him but it's sounds quite 'average' to me, maybe next time wink
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by otobiloba1(m): 11:55am On Mar 07, 2009
guys beleive me the lambo dude try,he has sum block buster joints like commot for here, he really had sum heavy lines and sterlin metaphors on that.other joints are omoge,so le jo and just do it.donno if someone here can upload any of his joints for us
Re: Lambo Davirus : Jam Body! by princesa(f): 12:13pm On Mar 07, 2009
hmmm . . . he is ok i guess . . . . . if i could listen to him till the end that is
got bored. . . . . . moved on undecided

Average like Ibk says undecided
upcoming sha . . . .
and i thought he was a musician i know called . . "syrus da virus" or something
met dissapointment came back to reply . . . . duh

and like the chic that i am . . . . left it for the dudes to argue . . . . cos they always would grin

(1) (Reply)

Rounds -------v.e.c.t.o.r (enjoy And Have A Great Weekend Folks) / Dowload Nations Cup Anthem Produced By Donjazzy / Blackmagic Fan Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.