Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,918 members, 7,852,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:30 PM

Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram (33203 Views)

Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid / Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source / Igbos Have Lost Their Position In Nigeria - Dr. Samfo Nwankwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
[size=20pt]APC is just a party engineered to destabilize & disintegrate this country[/size]

They are loosing it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by deebsman1(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
how can i delete post on nairaland? jamb questn
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Arch1: 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
The relocation of military command centre and the dismantling of military check points were dumb moves, which may have aided the renewed boko haram attacks. If care is not taken boko haram may attack that military command centre just to prove how stupidd the idea was
you lot are undersestimating the prowess of BH. Didnt they attack the Command and Staff College, Jaji? Didnt they attack the MNJTF, Baga?

BH is more deadly that we know. It has nothing to do with PDP or APC. They are even in your own state

5 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by mentorandfriend(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
I'm not even going to discredit you, Mr Barcanista for coming up with such an article. It takes research time and intelligence to do this.

But I have one advice for you though.

We have no other country to call our own, except Nigeria. We must stay here and salvage it together. Thus it will do you and all reasonable Nigerians a whole lot of good if we'll be less partisan and be more patriotic. Nigeria needs our goodwill now more than ever before. Partisanship has a way of coloring our perception of everything.

Perception is stronger than reality; they say.

5 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by justhelp(m): 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
Seriously one has to think deeply about nigeria present political situations, cos this is between Pmb/apc/north agenda, if truly pmb want to change Nigeria for good he will have to keep APC manifesto and programs, and be ready to involves everyone in his programs and appointments, but so far pmb is too quiet to predict, I guess that is the why things are not okay in the camp of APC, I believes there are lots of northern leaders that are influencing his actions currently, and that will be too bad of him, if he want to succeed he needs to follow the party programs or else, he will fail, I really want him to change Nigeria but he need to drop northern agenda, in fact one of the reasons why his ministers list is not ready yet is because some of these northerners wants to hold a powerful positions in it, cos they believes they can do everything.

Personally pmb is a gentle man he wants to succeed but need to be careful, those politicians from the north don't care if he succeed or not, all they need is power, and they have rule this country more than any tribes, yet they are the less privilege in everything, like education, economy, development, cos their leaders both presents and the pasts are very greedy, and they have not change, they want people to beg them for food, they want to feeds families and take credit for it, they prefer to pockets all their allocation to human and capital development, so all the APC programs are too strange to them since most of the manifesto are for A C N . Pmb if you are reading this pls becareful. God bless Nigeria
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by islandmoon: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
Buhari removed the soldiers on the road to strengthen the fight against boko haram in Borno, how ever, he has not bomb not fight back the terrorist , he has only left us porous to more attack back home because the police can not handle anything when it come to terrorism, he made the wrong decision , using us for experiment is not a good decision! we have reported more attack in Jos, Kano and now Kaduna! too Bad!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by hibbayueei(m): 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ok.

Am so late for my meeting and I ve not gone 2ru the files/Am traveling and I will need sumtin to kip me busy/My phone memory is filled up, I need to free some space/i need to transfer files from my computer to my Phone or Tablets/ I need to watch a video or play music or read files I downloaded from my phone on my TV screen or Tablets or computer .... THEN what you need is an OTG Smartphones Dual USB Flash drive... Check my signature/profile for more information.
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by abbey621(m): 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
PPAngel:
The AirForce has been grounded and Buhari has given explicit order that any major offensive by the military on Boko Haram must first get his final approval.

Since being sworn in the idiot has refused to approve any major offensive and with the military brass relocated to the NE communicating with Buhari has bern cumbersome.

Buhari is shielding Boko Haram and he will soon grant them amnesty for their role in distabilizing the former govt and for doing some good work in ridding the northwest of kafirs .

Buhari you will eventually pay for all the blood you have spilt.

For a nobody, it's amazing the amount of information you have on the president's daily activities and those close to him undecided undecided I've got to give it to you tho, you sure know how to stir up the crowd grin grin

1 Like

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by eph12(m): 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
hmm! It's so unfortunate that nothing has been done by the military since this new administration was sworn in. Some money was promised by G7 to aid in fighting this war but till date the money still remains a dream. My question now is that are they waiting for more people to die before doing the needful or there are some conditions attached to this money that are yet to be fulfilled before the money promised can be released?

2 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Phrankin(m): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
Tunde goes to school
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by ademoladeji(m): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
Barca the anti-Buhari, I hear you....

Which solution you get?

Oga, park well

1 Like

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by oshinadekunle(m): 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
These criminals are world terrorist so the head of buhari nd whole federal government too small to carry am. I rest my case
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
I am not a conspiracy theorist but I have consistently follow trend. I think that the government and APC are not sincere with Nigerians.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Albert0011(m): 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
the Daura President is busy tourin the world nd taking selfies while his country is in mess.

1 Like

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Viktor1983(m): 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
Barcanista has made valid points

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
Click LIKE if you know Buhari is a dullard
Click LIKE if you regret voting for APC

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by sparkleRed(f): 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
abbey621:

For a nobody, it's amazing the amount of information you have on the president's daily activities and those close to him undecided undecided I've got to give it to you tho, you sure know how to stir up the crowd grin grin

Incase u don't knw, political spy re on NL so u don't knw who is a "nobody" actually as u don't knw who dis pple re undecided
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Realdeals(m): 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
Thought a joint military forces have been setup to battle boko haram
Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by abbey621(m): 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
Many people are wondering why there is increased Boko Haram attacks and less military action under the administration of General Muhammadu Buhari (unlike what was obtained at the twilight of the Jonathan's administration). Please I urge readers to take their time to read this piece to find answers to many questions.

1. ACN/APC Believes BH Terrorists "Grievances" Should Be "Addressed" (Jan 1, 2012):
In reaction to the December 2011 State of Emergency declared by exPresident Goodluck Jonathan, Alhaji Lai Muhammed of ACN/APC reacted in a manner that made one ponder on his party's position in BH. First he made sense by stating that the government(of Jonathan) should tackle the root cause. However, his concluding statement rather appear as one that sympathised with the terrorists. In his own words...

‘’It is clear that the perpetrators of the violence believe they have grievances against the state, at whatever level. As unreasonable as this may seem in certain quarters, the truth is that unless these grievances are largely addressed, we will remain in the woods’’
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/mixed-reactions-trail-govts-emergency-declaration/

What was happening during that time in Nigeria? Certain groups were getting amnesty and the other one being labeled as terrorist. The Boko haram mess had not reached the point of no return as it has today, so it is within logical reason what was said about their grievances. Assuming the GEJ led government had a firm stance on all terrorist groups then we might say the statement is uncalled for. To me MEND, MASSOB and BOKO all started out with grievances with some justified and others just insane!

2. ACN/APC Never Believed In Military Action Against BH(May 2013):
While Nigerians celebrated the State of Emergency against BH in May 2013, the ACN/APC openly displayed their opposition to it and further opposed the sending of troops to tackle BH. Read Lai Muhammed's reaction
“We hereby REJECT the declaration of emergency rule in the three states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe, and we call on the National Assembly to also reject it and not allow itself to be used to rubber-stamp a declaration that is largely cosmetic.
If the use of force in the affected states have failed to curtail the activities of the insurgents, why send in more troops?

This also made sense as the root cause was not being tackled.

APC/ACN leader Bola Ahmed Tinubu went further to say sending military against BH portends danger....

“The tenor of the state of emergency declared by the Federal Government yesterday portends danger for the polity. The full militarisation of security operations in these states will compound the already tense situation.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/reject-emergency-rule-acn-urges-nassembly/
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/acn-tinubu-sani-kick-as-nlc-nba-can-back-action/

3. Buhari Never Believed In Military Action Against BH:
April 2013

He made case for Amnesty for BH in April 2013...
“It is good that they have set up a committee on amnesty. I have not seen the terms of reference, but it is a right step in a right direction. “This is not the first time amnesty would be given to a violent group. You remember it happened in the time of Yar’Adua when he gave amnesty to militants, but whatever would bring us peace as a society, we should do it,”
www.sunnewsonline.com/new/buhari-supports-amnesty-for-boko-haram/

Did he not speak the truth? Why favor one group over the other? Amnesty should have never been given to the militants because all it accomplished was making the precedence for future militia.

June 2013:
Despite the fact that Abubakar Shekau in in April 2013 rejected GEJ's negotiation proposal (as advocated by the North), despite the fact that BH carried out continuous attacks against the Nigeria State, Buhari still maintained his position that BH be flown in planes and granted "amnesty" and condemned killing of BH terrorists.

“You see in the case of the Niger Delta militants, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua sent an airplane to bring them, he sat down with them and discussed with them, they were cajoled, and they were given money and granted amnesty.
“They were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north are being killed and their houses demolished. They are different issues, what brought this? It is injustice.”
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/

This is the part that I disagree with, Yar'Adua should have never done that and we certainly don't need to entertain Boko Haram. The time for amnesty has long passed, it is now a full blown war and I'm sure PMB would not want to jeopardize his political career by allowing Boko Haram to exist throughout his presidency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by ladkud(m): 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
PPAngel:

You think we are all cowards like you.

I got my shotgun ready to split any boko ligaments

how are you going to identify a teenage suicide bomber walking around in Onitsha market before detonating bomb. If you cannot, then be ready to become a slice pieces of meat with your shotgun.

2 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by ERODEDEAST(f): 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
Boo.hari is a Certified Illiterate Terrorist

2 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by abbey621(m): 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
sparkleRed:

Incase u don't knw, political spy re on NL so u don't knw who is a "nobody" actually as u don't knw who dis pple re undecided

Hogwash! You people give Nairaland too much importance!

2 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by MKO4ever(m): 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
Arch1:
you lot are undersestimating the prowess of BH. Didnt they attack the Command and Staff College, Jaji? Didnt they attack the MNJTF, Baga?

BH is more deadly that we know. It has nothing to do with PDP or APC. They are even in your own state

At least I know they are in Anambra already

2 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
There are so many mysteries shrouding the sponsors of this insurgency quagmire, and the stand of Buhari/APC is still vague to me. Why is the President averse to taking military actions against this evil sect that waste several lives on a daily basis? When Buhari vowed to end the insurgency some weeks back, how does he want to achieve this? Is the allegation by some people true that IBB is one of the sponsors of BH? And lastly, why do BH single Katsina, the home State of President Buhari, out of all the Northern States from their deadly attacks?

2 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by musablinkz: 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
SMH

1 Like

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Robinhood477: 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
here

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by kristisking(m): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
The evil men do will leave wth them. What is happening now is a case of a hunter that has lost his power to tame his dogs.His dogs have gone on rampage.Baba one chance's dogs have gone on rampage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by mrrock: 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Buhari and co founded Boko haram in 2011 when they declared they will make the country "ungovernable" for GEJ. Little did they know it will baloon beyond their control. They should keep killing themselves in the north.

REAP WHAT YOU SOW!!

3 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Bokoharam was used to tarnished jonathan govt.If it was for that buhari would not have scored higher votes in other regions other than the north.Though, most of us knew jega did some manipulation for buhari in the north.

3 Likes

Re: Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram by freeage7(m): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Arch1:
I supported a Buhari presidecy but i have stated severally(check my previous posts), Buhari CANNOT end the insurgency in the NorthEast.

I quite agree with u. But when the man at the helm of affair begins to sympathize with the sect, I can't but link it with his party.
Boko Haram/ISWAP inusrgency is more dire than we know. There are Boko Haram memebers all over West Africa, there are Boko Haram memebers in all the 36 states of Nigeria. This has nothing to do about APC or PDP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun / Edo: Philip Shaibu To Defect From PDP / Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.