Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide (27381 Views)

Fashola Lists 44 Highways, 63 Roads To Be Constructed In 3-Year Plan / Light Up Lagos Project - 600km Of Roads And 366 Locations Completed / (photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by seunayantokun(m): 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
OK. Because they can't use relevant technologies.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by OXCUBA: 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
®©©©®© CODE ERROR
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by swaz(m): 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
I hope the will not be collecting Bribe and also Molesting people ?.....
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by ZUBY77(m): 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
tsdarkside:

sharrap...i rather wait 4km than die!!!!

That's "I"
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by OXCUBA: 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
ZUBY77:

All of us see evil most of the time before they come.. Only that we don't belive it would come.
Because the only thing a black man does is to believe..
YOUNG MAN ..... SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
They shd not ask fr papers oh. I've been driving since 2011 with no papers oh.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by ZUBY77(m): 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
OXCUBA:

YOUNG MAN ..... SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF.

My quote is clearly beyond your comprehension.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by xkris11(m): 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
The NPF Lagos will take advantage of this in a wrongway lolooking for yahoo boys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by OXCUBA: 10:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
ZUBY77:

My quote is clearly beyond your comprehension.
THEN ATTACH

...... YOUR QUOTE WITH MANUAL . .. FOR EASY COMPREHENSION .
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by xkris11(m): 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
tsdarkside:

it is time we start putting up camera surveillance every where in nigeria......

Where?a country full of animals
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by ericmor: 10:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
food don land for the NPF be that
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by ahamonyeka(m): 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
Good in a way but,hope is not going to be causing holdup on our roads?
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by ZUBY77(m): 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
OXCUBA:

THEN ATTACH

...... YOUR QUOTE WITH MANUAL . .. FOR EASY COMPREHENSION .

Cool suggestion.
I am also coming to read it in person for you.
And of course explain it further.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by OXCUBA: 11:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
ZUBY77:

Cool suggestion. I am also coming to read it in person for you. And of course explain it further.
PLEASE DON'T READ FOR ME .. .

NO NEED

READ IT FOR "ALL OF US'
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by musbej90(m): 11:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
ceo247frolic:

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/07/07/police-begin-special-stop-and-search-operation/
Ogah IG tell your men you no send them to collect. gate pass from driver's I take God beg u
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by vioment: 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
Not a good idea at all. It would have been great if our current police have morals but now na unzuuzuu unzuuzuu tins now.
Watch how they abuse this idea. If you get money as a civilian for pocket or motor now, dem know how to collect am. Chei, police dun hammer.
Government should have just increased their salary to 70000 a month minimum salary, take care of their uniforms, refurbish their stations, and kids school fees minimum of three kids per family school fees paid for in their primary and secondary schools level only. Then pay teachers the same amount and do the same as police. Then increase training and retain competent ones, that way you entice the current year one or year two in universities to study hard to become police.

The down side is politicians will not be able to carry money in billions and even millions but will be dignified personalities which I don't think they like. Even if police is going to do that, why not plan for body cameras before implementing. Now as it is, I forsee a lot of Nigerian police killing people and claiming they resisted searches and they don't want to take no chances.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by ahizih(m): 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lost confidence in police after the reign of Louis Edet as the first indigenous IG. Bunch of legalised criminals
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by sule5727: 11:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
ceo247frolic:

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/07/07/police-begin-special-stop-and-search-operation/
looting don start yooo police ke we don suffer for their hand!!!
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by fagbohun4j(m): 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
Na to dey ask for your fone and why you have a white man's pic on your phone or laptop, spare tyre, fire extinguisher, C-caution sign, etc. Wahala dey!
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by akigbemaru: 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
Police to begin searching cars nationwide.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Lovelynature(m): 11:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
Omo, twenty naira go hear am. Drivers get readycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Vveni(m): 11:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sounds and looks like this government will be going back n forth, to and fro, right and left, up and down.... People just gathered together to remove a common enemy after that they fail to understand what governance is all about.... Am still watching... Am yet to speak....
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 08, 2015
oismail:
That's an avenue for the police to do their normal JOB.
It is stop and search!
Don't ask for fire extinguisher
Don't ask for waste basket
Don't ask for your extra tire
Don't ask what cracked the wind screen

All we need is your support
Just your assistance
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by castrokins(m): 12:33am On Jul 08, 2015
Lol...We Don Play Enter These People Hand. Yawa!!!
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by hasonjack: 12:39am On Jul 08, 2015
ZUBY77:
Silly government

When did the government conduct a special training for the idioticc and greedy police officers to be able to deal with people on the road.

We don't have problems here in the East or West. Let this measure take place in the North were people are killed everyday.
Try this in Lagos or PH and the hold up would extend to 4km.

This Government is pure evil.
I saw this long time ago..
If Nigeria survive war between now and the next four years, it would be a miracle.

2014: Boko Haram killed many Anambra people in Mubi.
2015: Boko Haram Prisoners are sent to Anambra State.

Now we know what clueless is..

What's your source on the 2014 story? I don't get your point.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by Justbeu(m): 12:41am On Jul 08, 2015
Well i go dey save xtra #50.& #100..@least dat too na change na...omoyami no be so?
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by andyanders: 12:54am On Jul 08, 2015
latola05:
Now that the police will be back on federal highways, Nigerians should endeavor to invest on tiny car cameras or better still pen cameras to record both audio and visual conversation between them and the police.

If the IGP is serious about protecting Nigerians while the police will be sent back on the roads, he should explore technology that will record all activities of the police on the road. The bulk of the job lies with the citizens, secretly record any encounter you have with the police and report any form of abuse to the appropriate office via the two right channels.

Together, we can make Nigeria a better place to live!

That cannot work because they will make sure that they screen and even remove your undies in order to make sure that you do not have any device b4 they carry out their operation.

Police knows how to dictate someone with money even if it is been swallowed. They are aware that they can record their conversation and would see that you have been thoroughly squeezed and xrayed to see if you have a hidden gadget to record them.
The worst thing to EVER happen is to bring them back on the roads.The website they asked you to report to, is it not to be monitored by a Nigerian policeman? Nonsense.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by architez: 1:02am On Jul 08, 2015
UnknownT:
Now wey I dey carry Laptop wey no get receipt. I no need too much questions oh

What type of laptop, if I may ask? Mine is the brand new Apple that just came out. It's quite versatile. Is yours apple too?
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by horlus(m): 1:06am On Jul 08, 2015
I'm sure policemen are dancing in their stations right now. Lincence to return to status quo. Car owners will hear it.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by darkjorse: 1:44am On Jul 08, 2015
Buhari is a disgrace, Let him just come out and admit his mistake, that he caused the death of over 500 Nigerians for dismantling those road blocks
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by gsalvatore: 2:05am On Jul 08, 2015
Everybody and their dogs know that the police is not trained and equipped to tackle boko haram if they encounter them on check points

Is it not some naija policemen that resigned when they were posted to the north east?

Chai!! Dem Don open office for police. Na change dem go dey collect.
Re: Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide by InvertedHammer: 2:58am On Jul 08, 2015
/
Don't carry a lot of cash on you to avoid unscheduled trip to meet your ancestors.
\

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lockdown: Lai Mohammed To Journalists "Your ID Card Is Your Pass" / His Shocking Accreditation Story / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Backs NLC Planned Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.