Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist (2507 Views)

Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury / 2016 Budget Crisis Confirms My Position That Buhari Is Clueless, Incompetent / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by salterswan: 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dr. Katch Ononuju, an Abuja based economist has described President Muhamadu Buhari’s latest approval of N700bn from the relief fund to offset the backlog of outstanding salaries, and monies owed contractors, as a contradiction and a reflection of his cluelessness on the state of the economy.

Katch, in an exclusive interview with POST NIGERIA, doubted Buhari’s understanding of how the economy operates, re-instated that the bail-out is a far departure from Buhari’s earlier “empty treasury” stance.

He therefore cautioned Buhari and politicians in his administration to stop degrading and spreading lies about the economy.

“The Government seems not to know where to go right now.
“Right now the Government is clueless because if the driver of a vehicle suddenly has the passengers in the vehicle fighting even before it has left the park, I think that could be described as being clueless

“There is nothing like an empty treasury.

“I believe Buhari was just lying with his empty treasury statement. Nigeria is not poor and the economy is not broke. They should stop talking down about Nigeria.” http://www.post-nigeria.com/bailout-buhari-is-clueless-lied-about-empty-treasury-economist/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by omolizzy(f): 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
Heheheh
Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by Prince081: 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
Buhari has taken us back by 6 years just in one month. Change indeed

6 Likes

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by Nelkoko: 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
Wot sort of pple are we 2 put our destiny and future on an old volkswagen.......how can we go back 2 1984 wen d world is in 2099.......

6 Likes

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by theassassin: 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
what do you expect from a gworo chewing bastard burukutu sipping gorilla mumuhamado mumuharii

he's a dunce that doesn't know jack about Nigeria

he's an illiterate terrorist general

he's a pedophile

he's a kunu sipping monkey

his brain is full of fura d'nunu thus thinking about aisha every minute instead of Nigeria.

he has a large nose Lier Muhammed the charlatan at his back.

Nigeria is on autopilot because

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by resty4(m): 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
Apc is pack of liers.

1 Like

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
So old grandpas fit lie too...

1 Like

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
“Right now the Government is clueless because if the driver of a vehicle suddenly has the passengers in the vehicle fighting even before it has left the park, I think that could be described as being clueless

“There is nothing like an empty treasury
This is what we have been saying. The Buhari government was lying and deceitful when the President said the treasury was "virtually" empty. What is virtually empty when he met $2b (N400billion) in ECA and another $$2Billion (N400billion) from LNG funds. This government is clueless

3 Likes

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by ChimaAdeoye: 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
salterswan:
Dr. Katch Ononuju, an Abuja based economist has described President Muhamadu Buhari’s latest approval of N700bn from the relief fund to offset the backlog of outstanding salaries, and monies owed contractors, as a contradiction and a reflection of his cluelessness on the state of the economy.

Katch, in an exclusive interview with POST NIGERIA, doubted Buhari’s understanding of how the economy operates, re-instated that the bail-out is a far departure from Buhari’s earlier “empty treasury” stance.
He therefore cautioned Buhari and politicians in his administration to stop degrading and spreading lies about the economy.

“There is nothing like an empty treasury.

“I believe Buhari was just lying with his empty treasury statement. Nigeria is not poor and the economy is not broke. They should stop talking down about Nigeria.” http://www.post-nigeria.com/bailout-buhari-is-clueless-lied-about-empty-treasury-economist/

please forgive Buhari, it is not his fault. The old dulllard does not know much.

2 Likes

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by LoveMachine(m): 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
People can't be this daft. If a country is supposed to have 20+ billion but has less than 3 yes it is broke. Broke doesn't mean barren. Broke means we might have to borrow when we shouldn't. Broke means all our big plans will take longer than expected because we aren't liquid. Broke means our change has been leeched away by thieves of yesterday. Broke is where we find ourselves.

7 Likes

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by psucc(m): 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
No he said the truth the treasury was empty.

It is the contribution by APC leaders that he is sharing.

Remember he had not paid the N27m loan he took from a bank to buy the nomination form.

3 Likes

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by emorse(m): 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
This is what we have been saying. The Buhari government was lying and deceitful when the President said the treasury was "virtually" empty. What is virtually empty when he met $2b (N400billion) in ECA and another $$2Billion (N400billion) from LNG funds. This government is clueless

I've read quite a number of your "not so smart" posts but this here really stands out. Our annual budget has hovered around N4tr in the last 5 yrs and you say a treasury that contains about N800b is not "virtually" empty? Did you even stop to think that for a larger duration of the last administration crude oil sold for about $120 as opposed to about $60 now? smh.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by Dannyset(m): 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
This Economist is as daft as his pay master Jonathan. Does he even understand the rubbish he's saying? This same Nigeria that we are all in, is what ur saying isn't broke? This Economist is really really dumb, and am sure is gon remain so for ages.

2 Likes

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
emorse:

I've read quite a number of your "not so smart" posts but this here really stands out. Our annual budget has hovered around N4tr in the last 5 yrs and you say a treasury that contains about N800b is not "virtually" empty? Did you even stop to think that for a larger duration of the last administration crude oil sold for about $120 as opposed to about $60 now? smh.

And it started trading at $60 as soon as your favourite took over? Continuuu.... make excuses for them..
Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
If you earn 200k in salary and you account after working for 8 years, has less than 10k as savings in it and you need to borrow to pay your house rent for the coming month, what do you call that?

Unintelligent economists fooling the Wailing wailers

5 Likes

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by double0seven(m): 11:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:

You have really become shameless. You are just looking for anyway to paint Buhari bad even if makes you look like a foo.l.

I don't even know who is more daf.t? You or the brainless economist?

Why do people like to play around with words and semantics ?

And many Nairalanders are already going with the argument.

I've said it before, Nairaland is now full of people with low IQ. People that lack basic understanding in simple logics.

So if I had a company, and the company has 500 million in the account. I went for a 1 year break and left my younger brother in charge.

When I came back, I met a balance of 45 million in the said account. So if I shouted that my brother as virtually emptied my company account, you would say it a lie, that the account is not empty because there is still 45 million inside.

How stup.id and bigoted can you be?

9 Likes

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 08, 2015
LoveMachine:
People can't be this daft. If a country is supposed to have 20+ billion but has less than 3 yes it is broke. Broke doesn't mean barren. Broke means we might have to borrow when we shouldn't. Broke means all our big plans will take longer than expected because we aren't liquid. Broke means our change has been leeched away by thieves of yesterday. Broke is where we find ourselves.

Do you need a lecturer to explain the meaning of 'empty treasurery? Look the word he used -EMPTY

1 Like

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by LoveMachine(m): 2:29am On Jul 08, 2015
onlinebizinfo:

Do you need a lecturer to explain the meaning of 'empty treasurery? Look the word he used -EMPTY

An empty carton of juice still has juice. Not full but there are still drops inside the carton. He didn't say the country was bankrupt. He said he inherited Nigeria in a sorry state and gained control of an empty treasury. What else needs to be explained? Don't argue for argument's sake and let's not discuss semantics. If you don't like our president fine. But please don't pretend as if the past decade of governance hasn't been embarrassing at best. Let's make progress with the hand we've been dealt. Antagonizing every step the new gov makes is doing neither. It's like some of us don't want to win. I don't get it sometimes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by LoveMachine(m): 2:29am On Jul 08, 2015
double0seven:

You have really become shameless. You are just looking for anyway to paint Buhari bad even if makes you look like a foo.l.

I've said it before, Nairaland is now full of people with low IQ. People that lack basic understanding in simple logics.

So if I had a company, and the company has 500 million in the account. I went for a 1 year break and left my younger brother in charge.

When I came back, I met a balance of 45 million in the said account. So if I shouted that my brother as virtually emptied my company account, you would say it a lie, that the account is not empty because there is still 45 million inside.

TRUTH!

1 Like

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by aresa: 3:04am On Jul 08, 2015
PHCN Privatisation: PDP Chief Warns against Erosion of Investors’ Confidence

A stalwart of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Katch Ononuju, has criticised the privatisation of key power assets by the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), which has led to the successful sale of generating companies (Gencos) and distribution companies (Discos) unbundled from the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

A PDP village clown and kabukabu economist that crippled and bankrupt nigerian where his benefactors paid workers salary with loans and borrowed funds is talking feeling funky with dumb, retardded and meaningless rants... What a dumb arsesss.

3 Likes

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by Chubhie: 5:20am On Jul 08, 2015
Prince081:
Buhari has taken us back by 6 years just in one month. Change indeed

Pa Buhari is a change messenger who forgot the change message on getting to Aso Rock.
Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by HzRF(m): 6:50am On Jul 08, 2015
LoveMachine:
People can't be this daft. If a country is supposed to have 20+ billion but has less than 3 yes it is broke. Broke doesn't mean barren. Broke means we might have to borrow when we shouldn't. Broke means all our big plans will take longer than expected because we aren't liquid. Broke means[b] our change has been leeched away by thieves of yesterday [/b] Broke is where we find ourselves.
Ur weed no be here
Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by LoveMachine(m): 7:11am On Jul 08, 2015
HzRF:

Ur weed no be here

You lost me.
Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 08, 2015
This is a government that's still campaigning even after it has won election
Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by wirinet(m): 7:33am On Jul 08, 2015
barcanista:

Despite all your hate campaigns and campaigns of calumny Buhari still won the elections and would still win the next elections should he decide to run.

If $2billion in ECA and $2billion from LNG funds is not emptry treasury, then TANoids, PDP and biafrans (kanu's terrorist faction) needs to go back to primary school. Note that the LNG funds was not paid into the treasury until Buhari issued a directive.
How much did, their lord and saviour meet in the ECA and in the reserve when he took over? and how much did he earn in the almost 6 years he was president? Compared to what Jonathan met in the treasury, he left it virtually empty.

Then most importantly, how much debt did he leave behind.

2 Likes

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by john124(m): 7:59am On Jul 08, 2015
LoveMachine:

An empty carton of juice still has juice. Not full but there are still drops inside the carton. He didn't say the country was bankrupt. He said he inherited Nigeria in a sorry state and gained control of an empty treasury. What else needs to be explained? Don't argue for argument's sake and let's not discuss semantics. If you don't like our president fine. But please don't pretend as if the past decade of governance hasn't been embarrassing at best. Let's make progress with the hand we've been dealt. Antagonizing every step the new gov makes is doing neither. It's like some of us don't want to win. I don't get it sometimes.
obaino sit down your theories arent helping i guess you just woke up from sl33p
Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 08, 2015
There we go again
Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by texazzpete(m): 8:24am On Jul 08, 2015
All these click-bait headlines. I even thought this was an article from the Economist magazine and not this attack from a hungry economist, posted in a mushroom blog.

Smh

1 Like

Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by emorse(m): 9:14am On Jul 08, 2015
mykl01:

And it started trading at $60 as soon as your favourite took over? Continuuu.... make excuses for them..

Your love for GEJ or hate for PMB is obstructing logical judgement here. GEJ had amost six years of plenty but he messed up. PMB will not enjoy that same luxury. If he messes up, he and in fact the APC will not get a fifth year in office. Oil boom or not.

This however does not require any fact bending. A treasury of N800b for a country as big as ours is almost empty. Period!
Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by baralatie(m): 9:24am On Jul 08, 2015
emorse:

Now this is how to twist and lie
Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by aiynosainte(m): 9:58am On Jul 08, 2015
President Buhari and the #CHANGE should not just go back the drawing board they should Buy a new one #GejWhileYouWereAway #BabaGoSlow
He is even breaking GEJ's record by sending Boko-haram to Anambra... lipsrsealed
Re: Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist by richidinho(m): 10:59am On Jul 08, 2015
double0seven:

You came bk and met 2 branches of the company in two different locations + 45milliion
Will you prefer to meet the same cash or company development + cash?

Think brother think

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Senator Ayogu Eze’s Daughter Graduates From University Of Reading / Cogent Reason Buhari Must Probe GOV Wike Now. / How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.