Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Common Sense: Take The SICK To The Hospital NOT To CHURCH! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Common Sense: Take The SICK To The Hospital NOT To CHURCH! (1063 Views)

5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Sense: Take The SICK To The Hospital NOT To CHURCH! by beway(m): 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
RELIGION AND “COMMON" SENSE
Religion is good but it doesn't and shouldn't take away reasoning and common sense. Too often than reasonable we hear of stories of those who are sick being RUSHED to CHURCH.. yes to the church and the pastor spends minutes, hours and even days praying for these sick ones only for us to hear a few hours or days later that this once sick person(s) is now DEAD and guess who takes the blame? To my amazement GOD, yes, the pastor says to the relatives of the dead "it is the will of God". At this point I wonder what has gone wrong with the COMMON SENSE given to us by GOD but which in this case(s) wasn't utilized. Correct me if am wrong: when your CAR is faulty(sick as it were), you take it to an AUTO-MECHANIC; when your ELECTRONICS are bad, you take them to an ELECTRONICIAN; if you want a DEGREE you go to SCHOOL, you STUDY hard and when it's time for an EXAM, after praying you go to the EXAM HALL and write your exams and maybe pray thereafter for success. You DON'T SIT AT HOME and pray that you pass the exams without actually writing it! You don't take your faulty car or electronics to the pastor to pray for it to be good again rather your prayer is that God gives you the financial ability to be able to pay for it's repairs. Therefore when someone is SICK why not take the person to a DOCTOR (HOSPITAL) and then begin to pray that God heals the individual through the doctors... Why gamble with human life? No doubt prayer is powerful and the ONLY means of communication with God but even Jesus the Founder of Christianity said “Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but those who are ill do." (Luke 5:31). Jesus himself acknowledged the need for sick persons to seek medical attention! The holy book also says that "faith without works is dead"... Your believing that God can heal the sick is faith but where is the works? You take the person to an hospital and keep praying to God leaving the rest in his hands. A simple malaria, typhoid and the rest will end up taking the life of a person because we acted without the not so common common sense! Let's be WISE!!!

1 Like

Re: Common Sense: Take The SICK To The Hospital NOT To CHURCH! by psucc(m): 11:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
You are right. It true.

But when a situation arose that even the medics themselves are confused simply because they have exhausted all forms treatment, where do we run to.

God still remains the only solution and answer to humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Common Sense: Take The SICK To The Hospital NOT To CHURCH! by emorse(m): 11:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
@op
Do you know the difference between religion and philosophy? Philosophy asks questions that can't be answered while religion provides answers that must not be questioned. In other words, religion and common sense are stark opposites

Don't be shocked when people come here to attack you with bible verses. Its just the way the system is set up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Sense: Take The SICK To The Hospital NOT To CHURCH! by Weah96: 4:10am On Jul 08, 2015
Religion is the opposite of common sense. It's difficult to keep switching common sense on and off like a light switch. If you believe that there is a God who listens to your requests and grants them, there is no point in wasting time and money at the hospital. Its way cheaper to ask the person who created both the disease and the individual.

1 Like

Re: Common Sense: Take The SICK To The Hospital NOT To CHURCH! by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 08, 2015
Op, then what is the usefulness of your god?

1 Like

Re: Common Sense: Take The SICK To The Hospital NOT To CHURCH! by Medicis(m): 8:28am On Jul 08, 2015
I think common sense should tell you that when your problem defies medical solution, you should run to God. Whether you believe it or not, God is still in the business of healing and I'm a living testimony.
Re: Common Sense: Take The SICK To The Hospital NOT To CHURCH! by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 08, 2015
Medicis:
I think common sense should tell you that when your problem defies medical solution, you should run to God. Whether you believe it or not, God is still in the business of healing and I'm a living testimony.
k, share your testimony.
Re: Common Sense: Take The SICK To The Hospital NOT To CHURCH! by beway(m): 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
timonski:

k, share your testimony.
theAtheist101:
Op, then what is the usefulness of your god?
if you read the write up well.... I didn't condemn the belief in God.... I STRONGLY BELIEVE in his healing powers... but I also quoted scriptures that supports our seeking medical attention when we are sick EVEN WHEN WE WILL STILL PRAY TO GOD... I still stand by the opinion of taking the sick to the HOSPITAL while still SAYING OUR PRAYERS TO GOD.... DO your PART!
Re: Common Sense: Take The SICK To The Hospital NOT To CHURCH! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
God is the unprecedented Healer - no Doctor or Scientist can heal like God.. you are just not in his grace to deserve healing. dats all (sarcasm intended)
Re: Common Sense: Take The SICK To The Hospital NOT To CHURCH! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
beway:

if you read the write up well.... I didn't condemn the belief in God.... I STRONGLY BELIEVE in his healing powers... but I also quoted scriptures that supports our seeking medical attention when we are sick EVEN WHEN WE WILL STILL PRAY TO GOD... I still stand by the opinion of taking the sick to the HOSPITAL while still SAYING OUR PRAYERS TO GOD.... DO your PART!

Can you run an experiment on that, to confirm the influence of your god in healing?

Look for people without telling them about your experiment. Convince half of them not to go to the hospital for treatment, while you pray for them with all the faith you have, or better still, call a "brother" or "sister" to help you. To the second half, convince them to the hospital and don't pray for them. Conclude on your results. Note: tge higher the number of participants, the more accurate would your result.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christianity / Why Many Christians Keep Confessing And Committing Same Sins / What They Would Not Teach You In Sunday School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.