Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,021 members, 7,828,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach (1890 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / Oliseh Replaces Enyeama With Femi Thomas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by buffead(f): 1:27pm On Mar 06, 2009
The Technical Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation have officially ratified the selection of Samson Siasia to be the head coach of the Flying Eagles.

He will replace Ladan Bosso, whose dismissal was also ratified at a meeting of the NFF's Technical Committee in Abuja on Thursday.

However, the appointment will have to be confirmed by the board of the NFF which meets on March 17, before an official announcement can be made.

Overwhelming public opinion against the retention of Bosso, who could only manage a bronze medal at the African Youth Championships early this year, left the NFF with little choice but to fire him, with Siasia installed as the runaway favourite for the post.

Bosso's assistants, including ex international Ben Iroha, were also shown the door.

Siasia is expected to lead the team to the World Youth Championships, with the entire nation expecting him to repeat, or even surpass his 2005 silver-winning performance.

The Olympic silver-winning coach has been locked in negotiations with the FA in recent days, and his appointment was finally ratified by the Technical Committee at Thursday's meeting.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=7211
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by fesse(f): 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2009
This is a good one. Majority believe Sia1 Will change those boys. I really believe in him. But the sacking of Bosso is not really all that good. NFF would have given him at least assistant or another post rather than sacking from NFF. Well i wish Bosso the best of luck any where he will find himself. He tried his best to Flying Eagles but his best was not good enough. I wish Sia all the best.
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by mekay(m): 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2009
This appointment is long overdue and should have been effected earlier than this. If not for stupid politicking in the NFF, Bosso by all standards does not deserve to coach our national team at any level. We all know what he did at Canada two years ago and I knew he would fail if given the opportunity again.
I believe in Siasia so much and if given a free hand to operate he will take us to glory in the Egypt.
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by MrCrackles(m): 3:32pm On Mar 06, 2009
Good riddance

Finally the inept slowpoke has been kicked to the kerb
! cheesy
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by deb(m): 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2009
Siasia this is a set up o. NFF is going to make you pay for their mistakes because Nigerians
will not spare you if you fail at the world cup.

You better perform else nobody will remember the damage that NFF had done to the team in the past
with Bosso appointment. Football is beyond the play on the field. The psyche of the players is not that of
champions anymore. Siasia get work o
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by Ibime(m): 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2009
This is a real set-up.

Those wastepipes are not ready for WC and they know it.
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by Trills(m): 5:30pm On Mar 06, 2009
This just shows the bastard knows as members of the NFA are trying to think.
Fools, just imagine how long it took them to strategise another way of destroying Nigeria re-emerging football.
Damn all of them to Hell.
mtfk!
Yeah! thats wat they are.
Hope Samson survives his tenure without problems from this rouges in power.
Lulu needs to go; he's more political than passionate for the game.
High chief Ogunjobi- Played in Shooting stars and cannot even encouraged the league that gave him the opportunity to reap nigeria of it's national heritage (football)
This are all sycopants not knowing wat is needed in the football world but wat they need for personal fulfillment.
Samson Do Destroys this lions.
All the best.
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by md4real(m): 5:35pm On Mar 06, 2009
MrCrackles:

Good riddance

Finally the inept slowpoke has been kicked to the kerb
! cheesy

guy watch your words. slowpoke for a coach that has alot of exprience and yet no technical depth? surely you can do better than that.
his sacking is good but are the players who have grown past thier ages really up to the task? common.
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by Redman44(m): 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2009
This is good news. Finally, the inept Ladan Bosso has been shown the door. Why did it take the NFA so long to relieve Bosso of his duties? Too much politicking is going on at the Glass House. I believe Siasia will do well as coach of the Flying Eagles to Egypt 2009. However, he has a difficult mission in his hands. The battle in Egypt will be fierce and he needs passionate players to get the job done. As soon as he gets announced as the u-20 coach officially, he needs to get down to work. Siasia has to perform a deep surgery on the squad. Some of the players need to be dropped and replaced with guys that are hungry for success.

This is the time for Siasia to finally win the u-20 World Cup for Nigeria. We are tired of Silver medals. I know Siasia will motivate the boys and drum into their heads, the need to play well and score goals. There is not much time left for him. Gladiator like teams like Argentina, Brazil, Portugal and Spain will be coming to Egypt with skillful and experienced players, some of whom are playing for top clubs in Europe. Samson Siasia has a lot of work to do o. He needs to get down to business as soon as possible. Some dynamic players have to be brought into the team. He also needs to pray hard because Nigerians might not forgive him if he fails in Egypt. Ha, uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.

Cheers
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by orijajoogu: 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2009
I believe the wish of Nigerians have been done. God be with Sia.
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by MrCrackles(m): 9:02pm On Mar 06, 2009
md4real:

[b]guy watch your words. slowpoke for a coach that has alot of exprience and yet no technical depth? surely you can do better than that.
his sacking is good but are the players who have grown past thier ages really up to the task? common.[/b]

WTF are you waffling on about?

I have the right to call Ladan Bosso an epileptic slowpoke or a stupid slowpoke

It is my opinion and none of your business!

I dont give two fuc.ks because at the end of the day, he is useless together with the FA!
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by MP007(m): 10:25pm On Mar 06, 2009
the same old same, dam!
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by sley4life(m): 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2009
fesse:

This is a good one. Majority believe Sia1 Will change those boys. I really believe in him. But the sacking of Bosso is not really all that good. NFF would have given him at least assistant or another post rather than sacking from NFF. Well i wish Bosso the best of luck any where he will find himself. He tried his best to Flying Eagles but his best was not good enough. I wish Sia all the best.

Wrong, i guess u shuld understand the kitchen 1st b4 the sitting room. The sacking of bosso is the best thing to happen to the country football. Bosso isnt competent. He should go and rear cattle in the desert. I know sia1 is the best and he will be ready to take in the SE mantle if the present technical crew isnt capable
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by Africason(m): 2:11am On Mar 07, 2009
It's time for Africans to take our destiny into our own hands and entrust the indegines qualified enough to do exceptional jobs when called upon.I thought NFF were gonna go for a foreign coach.

Go for it Sammy!
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by davidif: 9:09am On Mar 07, 2009
why didn't they do this earlier so that siasia would be much prepared, chai, nigerians and there incompetence.
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by allboyz(m): 12:17pm On Mar 07, 2009
he's sure the best man for that Job and not the EX
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2009
Nice, SIASIA please drop some of the senior overage players from the team ABEG
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by slimes(m): 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2009
Good job for a qualified coach.
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2009
This doesn't look as simple as it is before our eyes.
Siasia has to pick his 22 before the tournament starts.It means rebuilding from the scratch.
Don't know if he can do it knowing that his previous exploits had him have at least a year with both squads.
It might be the right step in the right direction,but I fear it might be a little late,given that Siasia is staking his reputation with this assignment.
I think personally,and as good as this development sounds,that Siasia is actually taking a step backwards:I feel he should be aiming higher.He's coached this samee U-20,he's been to the Olympics.I think that it's quite a big gamble risking his reputation by going back to do what he's done before.
But you never know:it could work out,and I pray it does for him.Because at the moment,he seems to be the best we have.He refreshes himself on a regular basis while his counterparts do their coaching on pages of newspapers.
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by cbjonstage(m): 8:08pm On Mar 07, 2009
I dont know y nigeria sports politics is full of chaos year by year.
Dropping Ben Iroha isnt a wise decision by d board member of NFF. From d onset, when a leader is out of a group of people (im referring to papa Temi Tela, may his soul RIP), there is need for an assistance to take over d job or even make him to work hand-in-hand Siasia. There is something nigerians have not know about an assistant. An assistant has already fashion-out ways on how he will go about being successfully if given d opportunity. its a shame that chance was not given to him to make a difference!

but since d mantle has given to Siasia, still ok sha! wishing them d best of luck
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by tainot2002(m): 1:56am On Mar 08, 2009
nice step taken by NFA
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by ayusman16(m): 10:09am On Mar 08, 2009
cbjonstage:

I dont know y nigeria sports politics is full of chaos year by year.
Dropping Ben Iroha isnt a wise decision by d board member of NFF. From d onset, when a leader is out of a group of people (im referring to papa Temi Tela, may his soul RIP), there is need for an assistance to take over d job or even make him to work hand-in-hand Siasia. There is something nigerians have not know about an assistant. An assistant has already fashion-out ways on how he will go about being successfully if given d opportunity. its a shame that chance was not given to him to make a difference!

but since d mantle has given to Siasia, still ok sha! wishing them d best of luck

u r right
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2009
Good moves by the NFF, I hope Siasia would be able to turn things around within the limited time he's got.
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by PurestBoy(m): 6:12pm On Mar 08, 2009
Why are you all praising Siasia as if he's incorruptible? No be naija we dey?
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by jaguda(m): 6:30pm On Mar 10, 2009
PurestBoy:

Why are you all praising Siasia as if he's incorruptible? No be naija we dey?

na dat the thread dey about? whether him corrupt or not? the man don show say he can deliver, the other bobo head no get oil, make him comot first.
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2009
I heard Ogunjobi (another perennial deadwood in NFF)says Siasia's appointment hasn't been ratified yet.
Reason:He didn't apply,
What rubbish!!
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by luckiest: 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2009
Bosso, have we asked ourselves if the NFF have successfully sack him before they start talking of appointing a new coach; there must be some difficult issue about bosso contract they don't know how to go about it; because even if you must bring in a new coach, you should have started a long time ago.

Maybe we should ask Bosso if he still needs the job, abi maybe he has something to offer; then if he needs it, and he promise to deliver like he said in several other tournaments he took us to, then they (NFF) should include in his contract that if he fails to reach the finals or semis, then you should spend 6 months in Kirikri, if he agrees with this, then he should be asked to continue
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by madgunner: 9:29am On Mar 14, 2009
Siasia this is a set up o. NFF is going to make you pay for their mistakes because Nigerians
will not spare you if you fail at the world cup.

You better perform else nobody will remember the damage that NFF had done to the team in the past
with Bosso appointment. Football is beyond the play on the field. The psyche of the players is not that of
champions anymore. Siasia get work o

Mr. man that is your own opinion, but remember your opinion is smiley not other people's opinion.
Nobody will crucify Siasia should he fail (though i don't pray for that) because his appointment is long overdue, but due to politics in the NFF, he wasn't given the chance to do what he knows how to do best.
Wishing him success if given the free hand to do his work but nobody will hold him responsible for the epleptic performance of the NFF.

Goodluck Siasia.
Re: Siasia Replaces Bosso As Flying Eagles Coach by deb(m): 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2009
Mr. man that is your own opinion, but remember your opinion is Smiley not other people's opinion.
Nobody will crucify Siasia should he fail (though i don't pray for that) because his appointment is long overdue, but due to politics in the NFF, he wasn't given the chance to do what he knows how to do best.
Wishing him success if given the free hand to do his work but nobody will hold him responsible for the epleptic performance of the NFF.

Goodluck Siasia.

Are you referring to the same football followers in Nigeria that I know?

Do you realize how much the media and football followers praised the appointment of Amodu as though he is the best thing that happened to
Nigeria, and how much the same people condemned him after the draw with Jamaica as though he is the worst thing that ever happened to Nigerian football?
abeg

(1) (Reply)

Lulu, Others In Court On Corruption Charges! / Thread Closed / Is Lionel Messi The Biggest Loser In Football?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.