Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,813 members, 7,806,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! (1611 Views)

LETS USE THIS MEDIUM TO DRIVE TRAFFIC TO OUR WEBSITE..... / The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal / Wapmasters Learn How To Create A Php Site Through Xhtml (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by segsalerty(m): 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2009
Hey Buddies ! lets step up , Kinda seems all of us still position there layout using table format and most of these site's compatibility with browsers are kinda Horible ,
# And where the problem lie is when a SMALL/SIMPLE update is needed Uhmm , problem ! problem !! problem !!!
#and again THE SOURCE CODE IS ALWAYS UNREADABLE ( it gives headache to learn from codes which the layouts are possitioned in table) cry
# Its slow in loading , all of us know that if the table's cell didnt finish downloading , your website visitor wont be able to view its contents ( these tables cells are always Big ( <td> <tr> ) it sucks

I need contributions here and tutorial to encourage people positioning layouts using table ( STOP USING DREAMWEAVERS )
lets encourage using XHTML 1.0 STRICT which basically rely on your CSS( styleshoot ) for the layout and your codes be just a CONTAINER !

I dont know how to possition layouts using table , I DONT KNOW IT AT ALL but sure i can use table as in for ANALYSIS ! probably coz am a newbie to web ( i read whats Up to Date )
CSS is the best ! there are other reasons for using an external source file for your site styling ! It secure your site from bad guys stealing your source-code and just copy paste all of it into a notepad and then rehost the thing ! it will look same as your site coz your source-code already contain the CONTENTS and the TABLE STYLING of your site , so, Easy

Contributions are highly welcomed here and lets talk more about this issue
Re: Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by segsalerty(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2009
If anybody need helping using this Pure Styling with CSS, just leave your message here , WE shall help ! wink wink
Re: Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by yawatide(f): 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2009
I agree with the xhtml part but I am a bit confused about the "use CSS cos it prevents people from stealing your code" part.

I mean, all I have to do is view source, copy the path to your files, paste in the address bar and view it. Heck, if you use FF and have the web developer toolkit plug in, you can view (and edit) the styles in place. how do I know? My first XHTML/CSS site, done in 2005, was implemented this way grin - Yep, I went to a site I liked, did all I have mentioned above, made a few modifications (color, graphics, etc) and I was up and running in no time. Of course, I later went back and actually read up on xhtml/css and that helped solidify what I had learned by reverse engineering.

Make sense?
Re: Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by segsalerty(m): 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2009
@yawatide
Thanks for the contribution mummy ! kiss kiss
Yes, I understand you ma ! But , like if a side is strictly developed STRICTLY having its stylesheet EXTERNALLY ! if you just copy the source and use it , everything will come up on your browser as a very long WEBSITE CONTENT ! the css to POSITION those contents to a right place is (LOST) tongue you cant get that ! hidden , grin so, it will take you 1million years to start looking at the target site and want to position a website same to that creating your own style sheet ! it will fail! but , agreed( you can get the contents and probably get steal the colors and pics used ) but , what if the Possitions iof each (div)? wink wink
Re: Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by yawatide(f): 4:18pm On Mar 06, 2009
I respectfully disagree but another question: what if I save the entire site via "save as"?
Re: Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by nitation(m): 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2009
@ Yawa

Maybe I use an advanced web crawler??

@Poster

Please don't feed us with stuff you do not understand. If you are here to count your number of posts, then say it.

100% Irrelevant.

- nitation
Re: Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by Afam4eva(m): 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2009
@ segsalerty
      Tables are not totally useless as it has it's own place in web designing, i feel i prefer tables to CSS when using it for a tabular data.
Re: Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by segsalerty(m): 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2009
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Uhmm , my mouths are shut ! well, probably i didnt put that issue of copying source and using it to design similar website , as in do this for me :
go to www.google.com or www.nairalist.com( try any of the 2) view the source , copy it and paste in a notepad , save it as .html , View it in your broswer or just host it if you can with another domain name , it will be identical! the only thing that will be absent is the image used , but you can work that out !

but , look at another site like my ugly website www.segsalerty.com do thesame you did to google and the other site , is my source code useful for you ? hell no coz you will need to do alot of job to style and possition it to look like mine ,,

MY OGAS HERE , AM VERY SORRY ! AM NOT ARGUING BUT TRYING TO TELL EVERYONE MY OWN PERSONAL VIEW ABOUT THIS ISSUE ! IT MIGHT NOT BE USEFUL OR WIDELY ACCEPTED !

@afam , yes , tables are meant for analysis of data on website , if you dont have anything to analys on your site ! you dont need it !
Re: Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by segsalerty(m): 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2009
lets continue what this topic post is really for ! lets all get used to xhtml 1.0 strict/ css ( using the transitional version is still like beating around the bush) lets all step up ,
Re: Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by yawatide(f): 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2009
segsa,

If I view your source, copy that, and then view teh contents of this file:
http://www.segsalerty.com/res/styles.css

Less images, I believe I can recreate your site, verbatim. For images, again, I just "save web page complete" and I get html, css, javascript and images.
Re: Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by segsalerty(m): 5:44pm On Mar 06, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked mummy , you are too much ! (well, talking about the website source copying file isnt the reason why i posted this topic) kiss kiss kiss kiss to say the fact ! that will work but lets both join hands and lets discourage people using this table to position layouts coz it has alot of disadvantages! you know ? wink
Re: Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by yawatide(f): 6:57pm On Mar 06, 2009
lets both join hands and lets discourage people using this table to position layouts coz it has alot of disadvantages! you know ? wink

On this crusade, I don't mind contributing my fair share wink
Re: Lets Stop The Table Layout ( Lets Use Xhtml 1.0 Strict) Tutorial Here! by segsalerty(m): 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2009
THANKS MOM kiss kiss, more contribution here pls ? any problem ? we are here to solve it ! wink

(1) (Reply)

get auto-generated viral traffic via rss feed & social network / Review Of Best Soccer Prediction Websites / Want To Accept Donation On My Wordpress Built Ngo Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.