Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,516 members, 7,816,251 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

My Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Biafra (3016 Views)

My Biafra Story: Charly Boy Blast Nnamdi Kanu @igbo Conference London [video] / My Biafra Badge Is Biafra Or Death, Nmandi Kanu (IPOB) / My Biafra Nigerian Dream, why I'm one Nigeria now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Biafra by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
It’s now 45 years after the civil war and it’s no secret “the great experiment” isn’t working and the momentum for the peaceful Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra seem to be gathering pace.
It left me thinking what the republic will actually look like, and i decided to come up with this tiny memo. Please read through, criticise (positive or negative) and or comment below:-

Name of Country: Republic of Biafra.
The country shall be a multicultural, multiethnic secular country and not sponsor any religion, whatsoever!

Land: Old Eastern region.
The region will be divided into Local councils taken into accounts land mass, resources both human and natural.
-Land Use Act; The land and its territorial waters and shelf shall be owned by the Republic and administered by the local councils. Therefore all the land shall belong to the Republic and not individuals, organisations or communities.
Note: This Land Use Act will not only save lives and properties but will end the senseless communal conflicts going on up and down “the great experiment”. Local councils shall be provided with yearly funds by the central government to build homes, schools, hospitals and other structures as maybe necessary to reflect the needs of the people.

Citizens: Biafran.
-Definition of who is a citizen is up for discussion...
Any citizen born after the independence must be registered within 60 days of birth and permanent social security number issued for easy identification. Therefore, there will be effective and efficient birth and death data collection system....I can offer a pro bono service in this area.
The citizens shall have equal rights irrespective of wherever they may be born. Place of birth shall replace State of Origin as practiced in the current “great experiment”.

Currency: Biafran Pound, owned by the Bank of Biafra (BoB).

Official Language: Igbo (Gift from the Igbo tribe akin to English language from England to the rest of The UK) and/ Biafran language ( This could be broken English and developed using inputs from all the tribal languages within the Land....e.g “wetin concern agboro with overload?”).
-After more than 5 years of teaching, i realised the official language – English, was and still one of the biggest challenge facing our children’s education and indeed Nigerians. People struggle immensely to express themselves well enough, because the language is a borrowed one and doesn’t come natural to them. Hence, the difficulty and this trammel our development as a people.
And permit me to say, that no single first world country certainly among the G8 countries, adopted a foreign language as its official language. United States of America?....Don’t even go there, they took the English Language, modified it to suit its people and called it...?...Yes, American English and developed their very own lexicon in the early 19th Century. Ever used, program rather than programme or center rather than centre? Yes, Language matters and reflects people’s culture and way of life. Having said that, i think apart from the official language-Igbo or “Biafran”, the eventual constitution should guarantee the continual teaching and development of other ethnic languages – Annang, Efik, Ekoi, Ibibio etc.

Capital:
Centre of the Land. I will leave the geo-mathematicians to work that one out...
-I envisage an “Onion” kind of security for the new country, so having the seat of government at the centre is the most appropriate and viable option.

Education:
This should promote and encourage free thinking and strive to produce graduates that will compete with the best in the world. As we all know, Knowledge makes man unfit to be a slave.

Constitution:
This will define the political system. And will be a parliamentary democracy, the prime minister being the Land’s most powerful politician.
Citizens can run and vote in its elections, if they qualify – What the qualification requirement will be is up for debate...

Elections:
- Parties will present candidates to stand for local council elections that will represent them at the centre (Parliament), as a member of Parliament.
-Each local council will have a non partisan Chief Executive Officer appointed by the ruling party to take charge of the party’s policy in the council. Whilst the elected Member of Parliament, represents the people in the house of parliament.
- After election, the party with the highest number of elected MPs and meeting other criteria as maybe deem necessary, will form the government, as practiced by the mother of democracy – United Kingdom of Great Britain., No House of Lords, please...
Note: The party with the second highest number of MPs will receive as much funds as the elected party, in order to provide effective opposition. Therefore, the government governs, whilst the opposition plays politics.

Parliament:
The total number of members will be reflective of the number of local councils. The house will exercise supreme legislative authority; draft and alter the constitution and ordinary laws, dismiss the cabinet and its acts are not subject to judicial review.

The Constitution must guarantee;
..Democracy.
..Freedom.
..Liberty.
..Freedom of Association.
..Freedom of Expression.
..Religious Freedom.
..Fundamental human rights – Look at the UN charter for a template.
..Free Citizen’s education up to 18 years of age or Secondary level, whichever comes first.
..Equality.
..Justice.
..Social mobility.
..Free Health Service, including Life saving surgeries.

Authority:
The elected government will be in charge of government policies, security, education, employment laws, pensions, taxation, social welfare, environmental laws, defence, energy.
And there will be devolution of powers to the local authorities, which will be in charge of building of homes and schools based on the governments plan, implementation of government policies and maintenance of local structures such as roads.
Note: I think this new country must have strong environment laws to contribute its quota in the fight against global warming. Pursuing green energy (Wind and Solar farms), recycling and reuse and pollution control policies is key to achieving this.

Judiciary:
The judiciary will operate a civil law system divided into Courts with regular criminal and civil jurisdiction and Administrative Courts that has jurisdiction over litigation between people and public administration.

Here, i present this tiny memo for scrutiny. But note ,it’s by no means complete, yet. Thanks.

FrankAba1.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Biafra by waistaa(f): 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
I hope n pray Nnamdi Kalu n Ikedife will see these.nice write up

8 Likes

Re: My Biafra by Horizon5: 4:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
Interesting
Re: My Biafra by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
If no can't be the lingua franca of a multi ethnic biafra. unless the biafran state will be mono ethnic (igbo) comprising of the five igbo states and ignis in benue, anima, and rest of SS
Re: My Biafra by EzePromoe: 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
Religion: Christianity & Judaism undecided

1 Like

Re: My Biafra by Ngasky(m): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
First of all what should be the geographical area of this entity?
is it igboland? southern Nigeria? south east Nigeria? or what?
let the niger deltans make their choice and then we can start the debate.
this is a carbon copy of the British system and if history can be trusted was rejected only less than 3 years after independence.
what happens to non indigenes residing in the bifran state? what about the alien biafrans residing and running business all over the country ( Nigeria )?
i believe biafrans should be given their state BUT all the SE &SS should forfeit the Nigerian citizenship just like the case of Sudan and South Sudan. you cant eat your cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: My Biafra by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2015
OP, at IPOB, we all agreed that when Biafra is restored, that the official language will be a language developed by team of linguists, which will encompass all Biafran indigenous languages, any language, for example, the language will be developed from Igbo, Ijaw, Ibibio, Erik, Annang and other languages in sovereign Biafra.

We may even see a return of Nsibidi, for Igbo speaking sides only pls.

Lingual Franca - Language developed from all Biafran Languages.

Our kids will be taught with this language, science and math will be taught with our Lingua Franca.

#nosh1t.

10 Likes

Re: My Biafra by Ngasky(m): 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
Vessi:
If no can't be the lingua franca of a multi ethnic biafra. unless the biafran state will be mono ethnic (igbo) comprising of the five igbo states and ignis in benue, anima, and rest of SS
Problem number one, last time I checked Benue is not a SE or Igbo state.
Re: My Biafra by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
Also IPOB proposed two two way leadership system.

A President and A Prime Minister
With defined functions and capabilities.

U cant Bleep up.

5 Likes

Re: My Biafra by feedburner(m): 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
let go people, let us get it first.

1 Like

Re: My Biafra by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ngasky:

Problem number one, last time I checked Benue is not a SE or Igbo state.

shut the Bleep up. There are Igbo communities in Benue state who were carved into Benue state by Abacha, leaving their brothers in Ebonyi where they are supposed to belong.

Ebonyi shared border with Benue to the North.

The igbo's in Benue are marginalised and long to return to the fold of their people back on Ebonyi state.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Biafra by Chibuhealth(f): 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
On Biafra i stand even @gun point. Almagamation has expired. Dedicated to the MOD that ban me bcause i said ''God punish Buhari''

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Biafra by cheruv: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
Vessi:
Biafra would be mono ethnic

Re: My Biafra by cheruv: 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
NormalCodes:
OP, at IPOB, we all agreed that when Biafra is restored, that the official language will be a language developed by team of linguists, which will encompass all Biafran indigenous languages, any language, for example, the language will be developed from Igbo, Ijaw, Ibibio, Erik, Annang and other languages in sovereign Biafra.

We may even see a return of Nsibidi, for Igbo speaking sides only pls.

Lingual Franca - Language developed from all Biafran Languages.

Our kids will be taught with this language, science and math will be taught with our Lingua Franca.

#nosh1t.
Thumbs up!
Nsibidi would be the official script for this lingo..
1]Igbo
2]Mmoño
3]Izon
4]Ekoi
5]Ogoni
6]Igala
7]Idoma

These are the lingos that would provide the vocabulary for the language. The tonal languages among them like Igbo would be written in nsibiri whilst the others would be written in Latin.

2 Likes

Re: My Biafra by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
cheruv:

Thumbs up!
Nsibidi would be the official script for this lingo..
1]Igbo
2]Mmoño
3]Izon
4]Ekoi
5]Ogoni
6]Igala
7]Idoma

These are the lingos that would provide the vocabulary for the language. The tonal languages among them like Igbo would be written in nsibiri whilst the others would be written in Latin.

Nice idea, our republic will be one where we can make input and the revelant authority take it up.

2 Likes

Re: My Biafra by Mekus68: 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
The most beautiful, developed, organised, well planned country in the making in Africa.

God bless Biafra.

6 Likes

Re: My Biafra by Ymodulus: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
Bunch of Biafran Jokers
Re: My Biafra by omoelesa(m): 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
When Will Biafra Materialise?5 years,10 years ,100 years or will it just be another internet project that wont come to fruition.Yeye
Re: My Biafra by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ymodulus:
Bunch of Biafran Jokers
Doctor, this patient's BP is 220/180mm mercury. His diagnosis of Biafraphobia has no known cure, so may I suggest we start him on rapid infusion of 5 pints of 0.9% normal saline and for the nurse to also increase the k+ infusion intermittently which is effective for a person with this ailment.

5 Likes

Re: My Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
LadyFiona:
Doctor, this patient's BP is 220/180mm mercury. His diagnosis of Biafraphobia has no known cure, so may I suggest we start him on rapid infusion of 5 pints of 0.9% normal saline and for the nurse to also increase the k+ infusion intermittently which is effective for a person with this ailment.
ok, nurse ladyfiona

1 Like

Re: My Biafra by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2015
nigerdeltaa:
ok, nurse ladyfiona
Honoured to be called a Nurse. What make you think I am one? I might be a junior doc or reg talking to a consultant or heck even any member of the health team.
Re: My Biafra by flofields(f): 12:04am On Jul 09, 2015
In your confused dream
Re: My Biafra by mensdept: 1:36am On Jul 09, 2015
FrankAba1:
It’s now 45 years after the civil war and it’s no secret “the great experiment” isn’t working and the momentum for the peaceful Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra seem to be gathering pace.
It left me thinking what the republic will actually look like, and i decided to come up with this tiny memo. Please read through, criticise (positive or negative) and or comment below:-
Name of Country: Republic of Biafra.
The country shall be a multicultural, multiethnic secular country and not sponsor any religion, whatsoever!
Land: Old Eastern region.
The region will be divided into Local councils taken into accounts land mass, resources both human and natural.
-Land Use Act; The land and its territorial waters and shelf shall be owned by the Republic and administered by the local councils. Therefore all the land shall belong to the Republic and not individuals, organisations or communities.
Note: This Land Use Act will not only save lives and properties but will end the senseless communal conflicts going on up and down “the great experiment”. Local councils shall be provided with yearly funds by the central government to build homes, schools, hospitals and other structures as maybe necessary to reflect the needs of the people.
Citizens: Biafran.
-Definition of who is a citizen is up for discussion...
Any citizen born after the independence must be registered within 60 days of birth and permanent social security number issued for easy identification. Therefore, there will be effective and efficient birth and death data collection system....I can offer a pro bono service in this area.
The citizens shall have equal rights irrespective of wherever they may be born. Place of birth shall replace State of Origin as practiced in the current “great experiment”.
Currency: Biafran Pound, owned by the Bank of Biafra (BoB).
Official Language: Igbo (Gift from the Igbo tribe akin to English language from England to the rest of The UK) and/ Biafran language ( This could be broken English and developed using inputs from all the tribal languages within the Land....e.g “wetin concern agboro with overload?”).
-After more than 5 years of teaching, i realised the official language – English, was and still one of the biggest challenge facing our children’s education and indeed Nigerians. People struggle immensely to express themselves well enough, because the language is a borrowed one and doesn’t come natural to them. Hence, the difficulty and this trammel our development as a people.
And permit me to say, that no single first world country certainly among the G8 countries, adopted a foreign language as its official language. United States of America?....Don’t even go there, they took the English Language, modified it to suit its people and called it...?...Yes, American English and developed their very own lexicon in the early 19th Century. Ever used, program rather than programme or center rather than centre? Yes, Language matters and reflects people’s culture and way of life. Having said that, i think apart from the official language-Igbo or “Biafran”, the eventual constitution should guarantee the continual teaching and development of other ethnic languages – Annang, Efik, Ekoi, Ibibio etc.
Capital:
Centre of the Land. I will leave the geo-mathematicians to work that one out...
-I envisage an “Onion” kind of security for the new country, so having the seat of government at the centre is the most appropriate and viable option.
Education:
This should promote and encourage free thinking and strive to produce graduates that will compete with the best in the world. As we all know, Knowledge makes man unfit to be a slave.
Constitution:
This will define the political system. And will be a parliamentary democracy, the prime minister being the Land’s most powerful politician.
Citizens can run and vote in its elections, if they qualify – What the qualification requirement will be is up for debate...
Elections:
- Parties will present candidates to stand for local council elections that will represent them at the centre (Parliament), as a member of Parliament.
-Each local council will have a non partisan Chief Executive Officer appointed by the ruling party to take charge of the party’s policy in the council. Whilst the elected Member of Parliament, represents the people in the house of parliament.
- After election, the party with the highest number of elected MPs and meeting other criteria as maybe deem necessary, will form the government, as practiced by the mother of democracy – United Kingdom of Great Britain., No House of Lords, please...
Note: The party with the second highest number of MPs will receive as much funds as the elected party, in order to provide effective opposition. Therefore, the government governs, whilst the opposition plays politics.
Parliament:
The total number of members will be reflective of the number of local councils. The house will exercise supreme legislative authority; draft and alter the constitution and ordinary laws, dismiss the cabinet and its acts are not subject to judicial review.
The Constitution must guarantee;
..Democracy.
..Freedom.
..Liberty.
..Freedom of Association.
..Freedom of Expression.
..Religious Freedom.
..Fundamental human rights – Look at the UN charter for a template.
..Free Citizen’s education up to 18 years of age or Secondary level, whichever comes first.
..Equality.
..Justice.
..Social mobility.
..Free Health Service, including Life saving surgeries.
Authority:
The elected government will be in charge of government policies, security, education, employment laws, pensions, taxation, social welfare, environmental laws, defence, energy.
And there will be devolution of powers to the local authorities, which will be in charge of building of homes and schools based on the governments plan, implementation of government policies and maintenance of local structures such as roads.
Note: I think this new country must have strong environment laws to contribute its quota in the fight against global warming. Pursuing green energy (Wind and Solar farms), recycling and reuse and pollution control policies is key to achieving this.
Judiciary:
The judiciary will operate a civil law system divided into Courts with regular criminal and civil jurisdiction and Administrative Courts that has jurisdiction over litigation between people and public administration.
Here, i present this tiny memo for scrutiny. But note ,it’s by no means complete, yet. Thanks.

FrankAba1.

This is a nice staring idea.

2 Likes

Re: My Biafra by Akan(m): 4:46am On Jul 10, 2015
What will it take for igbos to leave akwa ibom out of Biafra biko. Na by force?
Re: My Biafra by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
Re: My Biafra by cjrane: 10:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
FrankAba1:
https://www.change.org/p/united-nation-council-of-the--manage-a-referendum-in-nigeria

The mods seem to have blocked your link.
You probably need to send it via email or FB
Re: My Biafra by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
cjrane:

The mods seem to have blocked your link.
You probably need to send it via email or FB

Go to www.google.com OR www.change.org And TYPE in "UN: Please Sponsor and Manage a Referendum in Nigeria".
Then you will have it, sign and share. Many thanks.
#FreedomForBiafra!
Re: My Biafra by superstar1(m): 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Biafra by azimibraun: 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
My Biafra... My Wild. Can't wait to Leave the Zoo and Hit the Wild.
Re: My Biafra by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
FrankAba1:

Go to www.google.com OR www.change.org And TYPE in "UN: Please Sponsor and Manage a Referendum in Nigeria".
Then you will have it, sign and share. Many thanks.
#FreedomForBiafra!

New link

www. goo . gl/ZYOKcS
Re: My Biafra by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
Thanks all for your contributions and apologize for not responding to some of the comments as soon as possible. Life commitments and stuff.
Many thanks, all the same.

@ lalasticlala , Y ar U lik dis?
Re: My Biafra by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
Vessi:

Thanks for your contribution.
I'm hoping that it will be a language indigenous to the people. Like i said in my post, English language doesn't come natural to us, hence why our people struggle to express themselves or attain the best they can be. You can't win a race in this competitive world wearing oversize pair of shoe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revelation! How Pastor Bakare Saw The Coming Of Biafra Republic / Bombshell: Nigeria May Not Survive - THE SUN / Rontimi Amaechi Commends Ex-president Jonathan - ‘we Met Projects 80% Completed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.