Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable (31186 Views)

ICAN release the result of Nov 2016 diet result / Ican Or Masters... Urgently Need Your Opinion / ICAN May/june 2016 Diet Exam- Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
Who ever asked this question has got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Chicjennie(f): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
Deejaygold:

CIBN ᶤ̲ˢ better than †hε two
CIBN is very restrictive to the Banking Sector only. However, the need for Chartered Accountants can not be over-emphasized...

1 Like

Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by proficienc(m): 4:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
danduchi:
you're telling someone abt his grasp of English is poor and you don't kw the difference btw 'Existing' and 'Exiting'
Bro you should know that's a typo... Well, considering you are defending someone that doesn't understand what no-brainer means undecided
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by mkoabiola: 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
2%ANAN, 97% ICAN ,0.5%indifference
ICAN has it
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
mykelly:
Which year PSR are you displaying sir
Civil service scheme, 2000 edition (not year 2000 o). The latest so far.
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by hibbayueei(m): 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
You will also need this.

Am so late for my meeting and I ve not gone 2ru the files/Am traveling and I will need sumtin to kip me busy/My phone memory is filled up, I need to free some space/i need to transfer files from my computer to my Phone or Tablets/ I need to watch a video or play music or read files I downloaded from my phone on my TV screen or Tablets or computer .... THEN what you need is an OTG Smartphones Dual USB Flash drive... Check my signature/profile for more information.
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by justmi1: 4:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
Am an engineering graduate who wants to do ICAN but when my accountatnt friend failed ican in the recently released result, i being come they think "CAN I"? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
More preferable or preferable
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
jejemanito:
What's the 'more' doing there?
. Na TÖTÖlogy Na. OP no sabi english
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by NoRetreat(m): 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
Legally,both ICAN and ANAN have the same value however whom you are intellectualy will give you a hedge over others.

2 Likes

Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
mykelly:
Which year PSR are you displaying sir
. Its no PSR. Its scheme of service

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by toyad(m): 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
modified... ICAN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by kunlenkirol(m): 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
Funmiladey:
Hello dear friends, which one of these two professional bodies is more advisable to register with?
if you possess ANAN, it qualifies you to level 9 in the civil service while ICAN qualiFies you for "evel 10. You should deduce which is better.
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
if you possess ANAN, it qualifies you to level 9 in the civil service while ICAN qualiFies you for "evel 10. You should deduce which is better.

Yea. That was before 2013..But since June 2013 both( ICAN n ANAN) are placed at Grade level 10..
As it's even going, Anan maybe more recognised than Ican because of their Accounting College in Jos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Rapture4real(m): 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
Funmiladey:
Hello dear friends, which one of these two professional bodies is more advisable to register with?
I'm a product of ICAN. Go for ICAN .It has been in existence many years before ANAN.ANAN came as a rival body to checkmate the monopoly of ICAN.. ICAN has international recognition ,more recognised by labour market than ANAN.Seasoned Nigerian Chartered Accountants are products of ICAN. It has a link with ACCA.I can go on and on. ICAN all the way
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by adedayourt(m): 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
gendebs:
no thinking is required. it is either ICAN, ACCA or nothing. Bro ICAN is more acceptable than ANAN

U MUST AV ATTENDED WYSE B4

NI THINKIN IS REQUIRED REALLY

1 Like

Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Roadmike(m): 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
Why this post ?
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by toyad(m): 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
ICAN wins

1 Like

Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by adedayourt(m): 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
Funmiladey:

HELLO FUNMILADEY, DNT NEED TO FIGHT CUS NO-BRAINER AINT AN INSULT IN ANY WAY.

IT MEANS SOMTIN REQUIRING LITTLE OR NO MENTAL EFFORT, SO REGARDIN UR QUES, HE ACTUALLY MEANS UR QUES IS SIMPLE TO ANS
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by mizskyhigh: 7:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
ednut1:
where is d insult ur grasp of English is rather poor. work on it. is anan still existing self lol

Hahaha , what he finds insulting is the "No brainer" , he needs to know the difference between "no brainer" and "no brain". He thought the guy was saying he doesn't have any brain .
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by debetmx(m): 7:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
Funmiladey:
This has only shown your level of ignorance, if you go up north you'll know how irrelevant ICAN is to them there, they give more relevance to ANAN

What is the literacy level up North?
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
Neither is preferable in today's global market. If you can please go for ACCA or CIMA. CIMA and/or ACCA makes you a global finance resource in a multinational environment. They are much more acceptable, especially amongst the multi-nationals and you know what, after you certify with either, ICAN will practically AWARD you the ACA.

Before anyone castigates me here, I hold ICAN (FCA) and also hold CIMA (CGMA). Outside Nigeria, ICAN it is practically "USELESS". Sorry for my use of such language. Only Zimbabwe and South African Chartered Accountants are respected "awarded reciprocity" outside Nigeria. I do not mean in Ghana and other WA countries though. You may say it is discriminatory, but hell NO. ICAN exams are more of read, cram and pass and all exams are still paper-based in 2015. These other institutions are way ahead, most exams are already computer-based and their syllabuses are update every 5 years to reflect new global issues and realities. ICAN still use ACCA and CIMA past questions with little tweaking here and there and of course changing $ to =N= and Mr Smith to Mr. Gbadebo.

If you want to continue to play locally, I mean you want to use your certification in Nigeria only, please go for ICAN. forget ANAN, they are only accepted in Nigerian government offices. Even in some Southern States, your promotion is somehow stunted. If an ICAN member happens to be in same government agency, well, you can complete the rest

1 Like

Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by ladej(m): 10:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
ednut1:
where is d insult ur grasp of English is rather poor. work on it. is anan still existing self lol
anan is actually quite strong
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by kunleee(m): 11:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
Equiano:
ICAN for sure, ANAN is like a glorifed accounting professionals. Am taking as a professional Sociologist.
whats the professional body for sociology in Nigeria
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by mykelly(m): 2:17am On Jul 10, 2015
tunnamania11:

Civil service scheme, 2000 edition (not year 2000 o). The latest so far.
2000 edition? But publications are categorised by years. I'll like like you to confirm and display the recent 1.
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Confedon: 2:51am On Jul 10, 2015
For u to have made this comment, Shola of Paper F9 must have lectured u @ Synergy.
gendebs:
no thinking is required. it is either ICAN, ACCA or nothing. Bro ICAN is more acceptable than ANAN

1 Like

Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 10, 2015
ICAN is cheaper and more difficult, but i know soon they'll merge.
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by ednut1(m): 6:41am On Jul 10, 2015
VenusBetty:
ICAN is cheaper and more difficult, but i know soon they'll merge.
never going to happen. ican will not lower its standards for some big belle abokis grin
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Nuhusky: 6:59am On Jul 10, 2015
I go international ACCA
Re: ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable by Shokaergabriel(m): 7:56am On Jul 10, 2015
tunnamania11:

If you are a fresh graduate that has ICAN, your starting level in public service is GL 10.
If you have ANAN, your starting level in public service is GL09.
Private coys gives more recognition to ICAN than ANAN.
ANAN is very easy to make once u have your 500k.
It takes much preparations and prayer to make ICAN.
May diet result was released last night, as usual some failed while some passed.
So with my little understanding of both, I hope it aids your decision making.
500k just to pass ANAN?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Former HR Is Disturbing Me / Airport PCRC Honours Josephine Ugwu, Cleaner Who Returned N12m (photo) / Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.