Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University (23071 Views)

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Top 10 Toughest Courses To Study In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by Cooljoe1(m): 9:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
engrlarex:
why is Cementary management not there cheesy
i dey wait for modifications.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
what abt JUMPOLOGY?
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by naturalwaves: 9:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
anangboy:
At the risk of posing a self-serving bias, i will say computer science should occupy a high position there. Computer science is entirely applied mathematics. And if you do not know what my last sentence means, sorry l can't save you.

STEM fields are generally nothing to fvck with.

I also remember a Prof of Maths used to say if he wants to fill a vacancy in mathematics, he can only hire a mathematician or a computer scientist.
Well said. I can't imagine someone coming up with such thought of mathematics being tougher than computer science. Physics is not even on the OP's list and it s far far tougher than mathematics.

1 Like

Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 10, 2015
Mznaett:
MrKontrovErsy c eh na d pressure be d@ wey some ladies infact some guyz 2 no get undecided

On a serious note I do nt regret being one. As we all know most ladies finds it difficult 2do difficult task but 4me dats wat I enjoy doing. So dnt be scared
A Proud Engineer I am! Lol

wow! 100000 like sweedie kiss
civil engineering is perceived as a male course due to d nature
but i do respect any gal doing it...cox its not easy
in my class we were abt 50 students but only 5 were gals.
so hearin such words from u shows how commited u are,

kudos!!
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by Dhellake: 5:33am On Jul 10, 2015
Computer Science not tough ?? Damn!!! If what Csc students are going through is not tough then I will like to know people's criteria for tough.
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by fineyemi(m): 6:59am On Jul 10, 2015
naturalwaves:

Well said. I can't imagine someone coming up with such thought of mathematics being tougher than computer science. Physics is not even on the OP's list and it s far far tougher than mathematics.
Were u blindfolded? Didn't u see physics on the list?
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by ascii00: 11:03am On Jul 10, 2015
Where is cyber security science and computer science?
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by naturalwaves: 11:43am On Jul 10, 2015
fineyemi:
Were u blindfolded? Didn't u see physics on the list?
Lol,calm down. I didn't remember seeing it. Thanks for removing the blindfold.Happy now?
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by fineyemi(m): 11:51am On Jul 10, 2015
naturalwaves:

Lol,calm down. I didn't remember seeing it. Thanks for removing the blindfold.Happy now?
Nice 1
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by AweEngineer(m): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
africandictator:
then you are wrong.. Go see d convocation lists of most reputable universites and compare d 1st class in terms of faculties.. You will find out that d faculties of sciences and engineering produces d highhest number of 1st class
is that to mean ENGINEERING is not tough?
Hahahahahahaha

Dont be delude(d) .
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by AweEngineer(m): 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
dicksonxtreme:

Computer science it's not tough compared to Geophysics and mathematics

I'm a computer science student I know what I'm saying... My roommate is doing geophysic and I see his lecture notes and I feel sorry for him

sincere post.
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by AweEngineer(m): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
naturalwaves:
Maybe it is one of the simplest courses in your school.

its one of the simplest i know.
MyHumbleOpinion
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by AweEngineer(m): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
naturalwaves:
Maybe it is one of the simplest courses in your school.

its one of the simplest i know.
MyHumbleOpinion nothing personal.
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by africandictator(m): 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
AweEngineer:

is that to mean ENGINEERING is not tough?
Hahahahahahaha

Dont be delude(d) .
both courses should be at par... And some courses from the arts/humanities alongside d faculty of edu. Ought to be on this list
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by Rexsul: 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
D source 2 dz info. Should b nairaland nd nt guru9ja cos they copy it directly 4rm my previous topic plus little edition.....check my profile 4 confirmation
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by AweEngineer(m): 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
africandictator:
both courses should be at par... And some courses from the arts/humanities alongside d faculty of edu. Ought to be on this list

if some course from art/humanities alongside the faculty of edu be on the list.

It did be more than TEN.

i agree that all this courses are tough but i think art/humanities/edu are less tough compared to the list above.

Its just a personal opinion.
If you like open another thread and make a list of any course you like and say they are the toughest, it doesnt change any fact. That all course are tough depending on the individual.

So forget this tough issue.
May i meet you.

thanks
warm Regards.

1 Like

Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 20, 2015
Drdonzeez:
@op.where is Dentistry??conduct a proper research...Its tougher than both pharmacy n medicine..I don't know of vet.
Are you dreaming?tougher than both medicine and pharmacy?just stop being bias and be realistic.I concur with the fact that dentistry should be included on the list,but saying it's tougher than medicine and pharmacy is absolute codswallop.
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by Drdonzeez(m): 10:26am On Jul 20, 2015
Hmm,Your ignorance is astounding!I'm sure you made your conclusion from the popularity angle.Actually,This is one of the problems I always have with some nairalanders.some make conclusions based on popularity, some doesn't even want to tell learn out of pride.The question you should have asked is that how did I arrive at my conclusion? was it based on what people have been saying?Anyway,I might have been biased somehow in respect to pharmacy but I want you to know that I've all the course outlines for medicine,Dentistry,pharmacy e.t.c.Now,If you want to learn,I'll educate you.From the syllabus I've here,Dental students take all courses alongside medical students except obsesstrics and gynaelogy ,few internal medicine subspecialties and few surgery subspecialties..Dental students still have to take their own dental courses such as:Oral anatomy,oral physiology,oral biochem,science of dental materials,prosthetic techniques,omfs,periondontics,periodontology, paedontics, oral medicine and pathology,Restorative dentistry ,preventive dentistry,oral diagnosis and radiology,Dental Anesthesia, conservative Dentistry,orthodontics and Advance Dental surgery.Based on my facts now,WHICH IS TOUGHER cc:Lalasticlala
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by jpawjpaw(m): 10:44pm On May 29, 2020
naturalwaves:

Every computer science student I knew in my school is a a good mathematician and we shared exactly the same courses with mathematics departments up till 200 level and there was no big deal. only courses like abstract algebra,groups and rings, real analysis posed a little problem. I saw their notes up to the finals and nothing special. the mathematics students fairly get past a credit in computer based courses but we aced almost all their courses superbly well.
Infact,it became so embarassing at a time that the mathematics lecturers tongue-lashed their students for always lagging behind computer science students for all shared courses.

Truth is,all good computer scientists are excellent mathematicians whereas,the reverse can't be said about mathematicians.

Computer science requires a high level of cerebral capacity and IQ unlike maths where,if you are good at Lacram Lapour,you would be good to go.

If truly you study Csc and still think maths is tougher than what you do then it must be one of these 3 things;
1)Your Csc lecturers are half baked.
2)Your lecturers do not cover the subject matter well and only expose you to a minute part of what you should know.
3)Your tests and examinations have been so watery such that it is no where near what it is supposed to be talkless of being world standard.
that's your school and your level students though.
I'm in mathematics Dept as well, we offered almost the same courses with the computer science students from 100L to 200L, but us (mathematics students) used to offer some courses outside mathematics and computer science, we offered courses like Operation research, statistics, and zoology in our first year which computer science students didn't offer them. Guess what, CSC courses are not that hard, my lowest grade in Computer science courses is B. Is it the programming that is hard or the binary system grin abi GATES AND CIRCUIT. In mathematics Dept in my uni, our curriculum is bit harder than that of CS.
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by jpawjpaw(m): 11:02pm On May 29, 2020
anangboy:
At the risk of posing a self-serving bias, i will say computer science should occupy a high position there. Computer science is entirely applied mathematics. And if you do not know what my last sentence means, sorry l can't save you.

STEM fields are generally nothing to fvck with.

I also remember a Prof of Maths used to say if he wants to fill a vacancy in mathematics, he can only hire a mathematician or a computer scientist.
u are right. Mathematics and Computer science are like the father and the songrin Mathematics being the father while computer science the son.
The first computer scientists were mathematicians, the first programmer i.e Ada Lovelace was also a mathematician, so basically mathematicians and computer scientists have things in common, and they can work together.
Now from the look, we all know where computer science started from, from mathematics indeed.
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by naturalwaves: 11:09pm On May 29, 2020
jpawjpaw:

that's your school and your level students though.
I'm in mathematics Dept as well, we offered almost the same courses with the computer science students from 100L to 200L, but us (mathematics students) used to offer some courses outside mathematics and computer science, we offered courses like Operation research, statistics, and zoology in our first year which computer science students didn't offer them. Guess what, CSC courses are not that hard, my lowest grade in Computer science courses is B. Is it the programming that is hard or the binary system grin abi GATES AND CIRCUIT. In mathematics Dept in my uni, our curriculum is bit harder than that of CS.
I get you.
The computer science lecturers may not deploy it in full force.
Computer science is one of the courses in Nigeria with the most incompetent set of lecturers. Government needs to sack at least 80% of all computer science lecturers. In my own school and time, maybe we were just a bit lucky.

1 Like

Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by jpawjpaw(m): 11:14pm On May 29, 2020
naturalwaves:

Guy what's your problem with Mathematics, the Op has said his own and that's all. If I may ask, what really makes computer science tough, is it the programming, binary system, abi gates and circuitgrin. You have the knowledge of CS and those in mathematics also have the knowledge, so keep it there. Computer science students don't offer abstract algebra, Mechanics etc in their 300L.
about physics, read the post very well, physics is no. 8.
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by Roysnickz: 11:21pm On May 29, 2020
africandictator:
are you saying those in d faculties of Arts,education and law dont work hard..i think you are hiding from d truth...and i must say studying engineering in most nigerian universities is a total waste of time.. As they mainly would teach you the theoretical aspect..enough hardwork in the humanites may earn you a 1st class on a scale of 1-10... I would say 5..my advice to you is to put medicine 1st on the list....
why talk on things you don't know?
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by jpawjpaw(m): 11:29pm On May 29, 2020
naturalwaves:

I get you.
The computer science lecturers may not deploy it in full force.
Computer science is one of the courses in Nigeria with the most incompetent set of lecturers. Government needs to sack at least 80% of all computer science lecturers. In my own school and time, maybe we were just a bit lucky.
yeah truth, buh some of them are still trying sha, it's just that they're kinda lazy.
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by naturalwaves: 12:04am On May 30, 2020
jpawjpaw:

yeah truth, buh some of them are still trying sha, it's just that they're kinda lazy.
Most of them are intellectually lazy and not good at what they do. It is more of a case of not capable of giving what you don't have. That's the bitter truth. They don't know it!
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by africandictator(m): 6:07am On May 30, 2020
Roysnickz:
why talk on things you don't know?
tell me what you know? That is why I used most Nigerian university because some good universities teach their students the practical processes of engineering. You do not know me, and you do not tell me what I know.
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by Roysnickz: 7:00am On May 30, 2020
africandictator:
tell me what you know? That is why I used most Nigerian university because some good universities teach their students the practical processes of engineering. You do not know me, and you do not tell me what I know.
Engineering all over the world is about design, which is theoretically based. It's more of an intellectual work and not hand work; as such, it involve the application of purely intellectual skills which is again, theory based

1 Like

Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by chiazorfrancis: 7:49am On May 30, 2020
what of accountancy
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by africandictator(m): 11:52am On May 30, 2020
Roysnickz:
Engineering all over the world is about design, which is theoretically based. It's more of an intellectual work and not hand work; as such, it involve the application of purely intellectual skills which is again, theory based
okay
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by echizzy: 9:33pm On May 30, 2020
Chemistry should be the number 6
Re: Ten (10) Toughest Courses To Study In The University by HolyTitus(m): 10:34pm On May 30, 2020

guy if u have any friend in civil engineering....
tell him to show u the calculation solve on SHEAR FORCE OF A BEAM

na one page or more..na im d calcutation de chop undecided
you want kill ham? let him go try culvert design calculations ONLY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNILAG Issues New Dress Code, Bans Mini Skirt And Tight Outfits / NECO GCE 2011/2012 / Nigerian Girl Shines In UK University As She Bags Multiple Msc Awards. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.