Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? (3485 Views)

Man Buys Venza For His Mother After Selling Her Car To Travel Abroad / Why Do People Change After Getting Married? / When You Stay Abroad And Leave Your Wife And Little Kids Back Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
Is your husband oblivious to these acts? If so, inform him of your struggles politely when he is a good mood. Let him deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
wow, his actions are very inconsiderate! leaving his dishes in the sink for you to wash, his clothes for you to wash, making noise disturbing you and your kids. and woooow, you asked him to babysit your kid for an hour when he could have and he flat out told you NO! y'all letting this guy run your house. the fact that you're letting him live there for free and probably providing his meals too, is enough for him to not be a nuisance to you. you're not even asking for much, just for him to clean up after himself.

2 Likes

Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by TV01(m): 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2015
ogogoro:
Anyway, we agreed to accommodate him for free
Which is good, but presumably you put a time span on this? Six to 12 months max - however good or bad he is. He's a young man, he needs to be out fending for himself and making his own way - it will "grow him" and serve him well.

In the interim, package this one well and hand it to oga. No third parties 0!

TV

2 Likes

Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by ladygogo: 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
coogar:

so in her shoes, how would you handle him? grin

Like I said up thread, my husband and I will talk to him and will be kicked out if he doesn't change his ways.

Afterall, parents here kick their over eighteen wards out if they misbehave.
Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by MarryMeee: 5:08am On Jul 10, 2015
Brandnew2:

Read again.

"Tell your husband you cannot handle it anymore".

It is people like you who cause squabbles between families.

Did her post suggest she can't handle it?

She only sought ideas on better ways to"handle it"...

I'm beyond trading insults with one who is so desperate for a life partner to the point of showcasing it shamelessly here.

I dont trade insults with he-goats either but is this what you call the reaction of someone handling it
ogogoro: have told my husband that I am not prepared to house any more relatives from Nigeria if it is going to cause me more headache than peace of mind

When others were in class learning you were busying catching bushmeat outside. Now everyone on nairaland knows.
Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by ObiOmaMu: 6:38am On Jul 10, 2015
ogogoro:
Forgive me, but this is a rant.

I live in Canada with my family and recently, my husbands relative was granted a study visa. Prior to him getting this visa, we all prayed for him and supported him financially as he was having a rough time in Nigeria. He graduated 7 years ago and hadn't been able to secure a job. He had been praying, fasting and finally God did it.

Anyway, we agreed to accommodate him for free, to lend a helping hand, but since he has been living with us, it appears that I have misjudged him.

I have noticed that some people only know how to pray for breakthroughs and to permanently be on the receiving end - never thinking about how to give. I'm not even talking about finances. I have 2 kids, and am pregnant with my 3rd and I work full time and this guy eats and leaves his plates in the sink for me to come and wash, he leaves his clothes for me to wash, even though I have shown him how to use the washing machine on more than 3 occasions. On top of this, he is very noisy - comes into the house late at night not caring that the kids are asleep, stomps up the stairs, bangs the door and starts calling his friends to tell them what God did for him and the good life he's living. Meanwhile, he has woken the kids up and I have to wake up at midnight to put them back to sleep, and i have work the next day! He blasts Nigerian music out of his room constantly, and I used to love Nigerian music, but now I'm sick of it.

On top of it, he'll come to me for assistance to fill out his medical forms, job application forms etc and help him with his studies. The other day, I had to go for a dental appointment and asked him to help me babysit for 1 hour - he said no. I can't imagine how someone can be constantly needing help but offering none in return. I'm really struggling through this pregnancy and making my work around the house while living like a lord is just unfair - especially as this is coming from someone who claims to religious. I have told my husband that I am not prepared to house any more relatives from Nigeria if it is going to cause me more headache than peace of mind, but then when I first came here aged 15, I was housed by a relative for 2 years. How do I handle this situation from a Nigerian perspective?

can i share your story on a blog OP? this is really thought provoking. so you can get what the readers der think too.
Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by ogogoro: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2015
ObiOmaMu:

can i share your story on a blog OP? this is really thought provoking. so you can get what the readers der think too.

Go ahead - you have my permission.
Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
MarryMeee , you are not making any sense.
Just heed to correction and stop trolling.
Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by MarryMeee: 10:56am On Jul 10, 2015
Brandnew2:

i dont blame u. When others were in class u were busy hunting bushmeat, so it explains why you cannot comprehend simple english. Issokay
Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 10, 2015
MarryMeee:
i dont blame u. When others were in class u were busy hunting bushmeat, so it explains why you cannot comprehend simple english. Issokay
What exactly do you mean?
Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
what sort of signature do u hv?

TV01:

Which is good, but presumably you put a time span on this? Six to 12 months max - however good or bad he is. He's a young man, he needs to be out fending for himself and making his own way - it will "grow him" and serve him well.

In the interim, package this one well and hand it to oga. No third parties 0!

TV
Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
share the link to your blog, pls. would love to read what pple hv

ObiOmaMu:

Re: Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? by ObiOmaMu: 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Flat Shoes @ #3500 / Hilarious Pictures Of Men In The Labour Room / How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.